• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl on the MLG 2010 Pro Circuit (Edited with Additional Info in first post)

DarkLouis331

Smash Lord
Amazing! This is REALLY GOOD news.

What does the online qualifier mean? Are we going to be playing online to qualify for the tournament?

FuLLBLeeD

Smash Journeyman
Wow. Now competitive gaming's worst shooter with the lowest skill ceiling is joined by competitive gaming's worst fighting game with the lowest skill ceiling.

I'm sure Sarakui is thrilled that the game he designed to specifically not be competitive is now being played in a major league.

Really, I'm just hoping Mario Kart Wii makes it as MLG's racing game.

AnDaLe

Smash Champion

I'm sure Sarakui is thrilled that the game he designed to specifically not be competitive is now being played in a major league.

bump for truth. Now this will make sakurai want to increase tripping and more of a single broken character in the next game of the series =D.

and its spelled Sakurai.

I wish it could've been melee T.T

FuLLBLeeD

Smash Journeyman
bump for truth. Now this will make sakurai want to increase tripping and more of a single broken character in the next game of the series =D.

and its spelled Sakurai.

I wish it could've been melee T.T
If someone loses in the grand finals because of tripping it will literally be the greatest thing ever.

Looking forward to watching Metaknight fly in circles for hours!

Aberu

Smash Cadet

Whole lotta that going on in here, just be freagin happy it was either Brawl is in MLG or no smash game is in MLG.

FuLLBLeeD

Smash Journeyman
I'm surprised to see Tekken 6 on that list at least they have one legitimate fighting game on there.

I will say I didn't think MLG could get a more casual mainstream game then Halo added to their game roster. Guess I was wrong!

Also do these people realize that that the way Brawl's netcode was designed makes it absolutely terrible for any sort of competition? While every other fighting game ever made uses GPPO or some sort of save state, Brawl actually WILL THROTTLE YOUR OWN CONNECTION if the other guy has a slower netspeed then you.

TheLastCacely

Smash Hero
Wow. Now competitive gaming's worst shooter with the lowest skill ceiling is joined by competitive gaming's worst fighting game with the lowest skill ceiling.

so lame......

Asakura cR

Smash Apprentice
ok troll

Anyway, I only see a prize list for singles. Are they doing teams?
No one is really sure yet. I'd imagine we'll know for sure when they release more details about the settings in general. Hopefully this type of news will follow in the coming days.

DanteFox

Smash Champion

quoted for truth.

tis a sad day indeed. oh well, at least the melee scene is alive and well.

GOD!

Smash Ace
I hope that the melee scene isn't hurt by this.
I also hope that a lot of brawl people don't just drop their mains and pick up Mk so they can try and win. I bet Mk wins the first big tournaments and then a ban is reconsidered.

infomon

Smash Scientist
I really hope they have a reasonable stagelist, ie. that they don't ban a bunch of stages like most brawl tournaments do because TOs cater to the whiny scrubs that baww over and over again about how they don't like Pokémon Stadium 2 (ex.) for absolutely no reason.

And yeah this is awesome news.

Aberu

Smash Cadet
Lol at trolls calling me a troll for attacking their inability to contribute to the thread and instead just whine about how melee isn't in and that brawl is "fer skrubs amirite".

If MK was the way to win money at majors and nationals, he would have done it at many of the last few nationals, but MK hasn't won those. MK doesn't win all the time, in fact there were only 4 MKs in the top 10 of Viridian City 7, and they had an Ike up there who beat plenty of MK's.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
wow @ brawl bashing going on in here

it is literally the saddest thing i've ever seen. like, you're so butthurt that brawl is more successful that you have to come into here and troll about it...it is so pathetic. it's like we as a species have never even evolved i swear.

Suspect

Smash Hero

Can I have your autograph?

Asakura cR

Smash Apprentice
They haven't announced anything about rules or stages or any of that, but I would assume they'll be adopting many of the more popular tournament rules. Most likely something similar to however EVO ran things.

Conti

Smash Ace
mk hasnt one a national/ big tourney in some time.
This^
Mk is lame but there's ways around em... n if u have reallly bad matchup for emm... then start really considering a solid 2ndary that can contest with him... aka S Tier... A tier or sometn that floats ur boat...

My 2 cents...

DanteFox

Smash Champion
lol at brawl being "successful." I can guarantee you, when the next smash bros. game comes out, 90% of brawl players will drop brawl and pick that up, and unless brawl's metagame goes through a serious revolution, I don't see them coming back.

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero
This is disappointing but understandable.

Hope brawl does well on the circuit (kinda), but it'll never be the like it was in the melee days...

Top Bottom