• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl+ Official Codeset Gold Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

VietGeek

Smash Hero
Leave them be. They are entirely different files and you will freeze the game if you mismatch them.

**** lagboards <_<

proteininja

Smash Journeyman
So, random select and the new versions of stages do not mix. Can anyone explain what I am doing wrong?

ManEg

Smash Journeyman
Thanx for the answer guys, I'm now testing gold on my own (been playing 6.0 at home and gold with friends) and I can say it feels and looks good. Also wanted to thank the entire team for actually doing nintendo's job and refining this game.

DotheDiddyMonkeyDance

Smash Apprentice
The only that would make it better is If we could some how set up private servers for WiFi matches lol because I don't understand why Japans got fixed and our the US wifi didn't. or send angry letters to nintendo asking them to make one or fix it on our side. Because I would love to play this game online it just hurts my brain to play it currently online and how it is.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
Wait. Japan's wifi was broken/fixed?

Last I remember. Japan's internet is just vastly superior to ours making their Wifi a lot smoother and tolerable and potentially even viable.

ManEg

Smash Journeyman
The only that would make it better is If we could some how set up private servers for WiFi matches lol because I don't understand why Japans got fixed and our the US wifi didn't. or send angry letters to nintendo asking them to make one or fix it on our side. Because I would love to play this game online it just hurts my brain to play it currently online and how it is.
I don't know anything about how these things work, but if the B+ team has come this far, isn't it possible to make the game run custom netcode or somehting? Playing B+ online viably is a dream I would like to see come true.

Swordplay

Smash Lord
Okay when I downloaded 7.0 a few days back I got a but load of stage pacs that erased some of my old stage textues (Ex. PS2 Halberd and more) I know I need the PS1 pacs, the temple pac and rumble falls pac. But which ones do I not need so I can put back my stage textures. ( I did download the extras)

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
iirc, you will not need:

SV
PS2 (forgot, we did a walljump fix...)
BF
Distant Planet
PS1 (there was a mix up, fix coming soon)

i believe thats it, but there could be more. we're getting a changelist together, so you'll need to wait till we get it 100% (do you really want to rush us again?)

CountKaiser

Smash Lord
This Gold set was anything but rushed, at least it didn't feel like it.

The dl link for 7.0.2 was put up March 30, according to brawlplus.net. B+ Gold, what 7.0.2 should have been, but needed some stuff fixed, came out April 23.

The changes made, or at least the ones I know of, were

1. New SSS
2. Ness and Yoshi alternate DJCH fix
3. Tumble animation glitch fix
4. Vietgeek's camera fix (better camera with no rocket noise!)
5. Distant Planet+ removed
6. Summit+ update
7. New Common5.pac (Perfect Chaos is awesome!)
8. minor pictoplus animation adjustments.

Now while all of this would have taken a bit, I don't think it merits a month's worth of wait.

So I must ask, are all of you really working on this, or are people being lazy?

I'm sorry if I sound bitter, but this does need to be addressed.

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
we're sitting around with our ***** in our hands. yep, its exactly what you want to hear so you can keep on complaining. we have 0 intent on fixing any problems.

CountKaiser

Smash Lord
It'd be nice if you actually explained the situation, instead of replying with a sardonic remark. While I am upset, I am an understanding person.

Swordplay

Smash Lord
iirc, you will not need:

SV
PS2 (forgot, we did a walljump fix...)
BF
Distant Planet
PS1 (there was a mix up, fix coming soon)

i believe thats it, but there could be more. we're getting a changelist together, so you'll need to wait till we get it 100% (do you really want to rush us again?)
No not at all. Rusing leads to poor results

I just have this really cool PS2and FD stage texture I was wondering if I could put back on. I just wanted to know what textures I can put back. Just give us an update once you figure it out.

Edit:
drpepper111: What a great post, sig material if it could fit into a sig

Chepe

Smash Lord
I have a question, sorry if it's unecessary...

But why are there two SSE Jungle stages selectable? One uses the 75M icon on the first page and another uses the Temple icon on the second page. The only difference I can tell between them is that they use a different set of music (Battlefield/Temple respectively). I'm not sure what the point is of having both. Or did I do something wrong during manual installation?

For that matter, will custom icons for all the new stages eventually be added back in? I quite liked the WWR and Jungle icon from the previous set. Thanks in advance to anyone who answers!

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
But why are there two SSE Jungle stages selectable? One uses the 75M icon on the first page and another uses the Temple icon on the second page. The only difference I can tell between them is that they use a different set of music (Battlefield/Temple respectively). I'm not sure what the point is of having both. Or did I do something wrong during manual installation?

For that matter, will custom icons for all the new stages eventually be added back in? I quite liked the WWR and Jungle icon from the previous set. Thanks in advance to anyone who answers!
Everything's already been answered...
I've been asked about this by someone else in a different thread, so I'll just link to my response in that post: CLICK HERE!

EDIT: as for why the Temple on the "Other Stages" is sending you to SSE: Jungle, that's probably because you haven't deleted the old STGDXSHRINE.pac file, yet.

Oh, and the random stage swtich turns on the random for the most tournament viable version of said stage, whichever case it is.
And if you're confused on certain things I said, that's because the above post was written in response to those that already have my common5.pac file that has the custom stage icons, which can be found in the following post. (Your second question is also answered here...)
Okay, so I finally found the source of the freeze of common5 file that I sent to Yeroc before.

I was able to fix it, but it came with one little cost. In the Random Stage Switch menu, the big image for "SSE Jungle" still has the image for 75m (changing it to SSE Jungle's image makes it freeze, for some reason; but if anyone can change it to that without it freezing, then be my guest). The SSS is 100% just as desired, though, which is really the only thing that truly matters when it comes to stage menus.

So without further ado, the common5, for those that want it now (unless you want to wait to see if anyone else can fix the freeze with that image added): CLICK HERE!!
Again...things will probably confuse you unless you read the thread. Just download that common5.pac and add it in the "system" folder, and delete the STGDXSHRINE.pac file...

Chepe

Smash Lord
Ah, thank you for being patient with me. I was a bit confused at first, but after playing the game with your new common5 everything made sense. Thank you!

Vilnius

Smash Cadet
Trying to start an All-Star mode game makes the game/Wii freeze with a high pitched alarmish noise. You can select a character and everything just fine but upon clicking "read for battle" or whatever it is, it freezes.

Chepe

Smash Lord
I'm sure it has to do with the fact that the Flat Zone 2 data has been modified for this release, which makes the game crash when it tries to load it. But I'll let someone with real answers tell us...

If we're supposed to be reporting glitches/bugs, then I guess I'll add that looking at Wifi Waiting Room in the My Music page will cause the game to freeze without the noise if you pick another stage or try to leave My Music afterwards.

DotheDiddyMonkeyDance

Smash Apprentice
I'm replying to post on the previous page from DrPeper and X Link X.

Actually Brawl would've probably still ended up how it is now. Sakurai specifically said he didn't want to make brawl and also If he did make it he didn't want it to have a competitive scene like how melee ended up. Hell he didn't even want melee to be a competitive game. But he was forced to under contract to make brawl. Probably the only thing having Vbrawl being extended was probably a better online system and Maybe just maybe 1 more 3rd party character which we were promised and failed to receive.

All I know is it makes me a little sad and worried at the same time due to who knows what the next smashbros game is gonna be like since Sakurai isn't going to be the one developing it. and you know Nintendo is gonna make another one for probably a future system or right before the wii dies off but that will be a while due to they make a ton of money off the game series. If they ended smash with brawl that would be like saying hey lets end mario zelda type games and never make anymore. Nintendo would fall beneath the pits of hell.

Vilnius

Smash Cadet
I have no idea if we're supposed to post bugs here but the support forums on the old Brawl+ site were pretty barren. I had a post about the All-Star freeze up for a few days but nobody answered so I figured I'd just post here since that forum is now gone.

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
i'm 99% sure B+ doesn't support single player.

apparently we do. i guess somebody should check this out. can you give any more specifics?

Vilnius

Smash Cadet
The last version of B+ I had, 5.0 (it's been awhile since I played), worked with All-Star, which is why I reported the issue. I didn't see it mentioned anywhere that B+ didn't support single player so if it doesn't then I think it would probably be a good idea document it somewhere.

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
i actually updated my last post before i saw yours, but yeah, i'm asking about it now. has anyone else had the same issue?

goodoldganon

Smash Champion
All single player modes work except for All-Star mode. When you press start after selecting your character it locks up. I have no idea why. Yes, I just tested it

Vilnius

Smash Cadet
i'm 99% sure B+ doesn't support single player.

apparently we do. i guess somebody should check this out. can you give any more specifics?
I completely cleaned my SD card of any previous Brawl+ files before I installed Gold (I got all the files from brawl+gold.zip), and I know everything is in the right place. I tried playing All-Star with multiple characters and difficulties and got the freeze every time. That's all I can really think of off the top of my head, but if there's anything you need to know I can try to find out.

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
it may have to do with the SSS, but don't hold me to that. its odd that it would only be all star mode... classic is fine?

Kati

Smash Lord
Classic freezes on occasion for me, but I forget the instances. I know that when summit+ was having the freeze codes finalized, it made all-star freeze upon loading it. In this patch, it must be the flat zone changes, as when I downloaded a 2-d stage that covered up flatzone, I had the same problem on version 6 and 7.0.2 until I remembered to put my .rel file into my sd card.

MyLifeIsAnRPG

Smash Apprentice
So, I installed the new Brawl+ but I have one small cosmetic error. On the other stages screen, the classic donkey cong stage is represented with a SSE Jungle and Flat Zone is represented with a Wi-Fi Waiting Room Icon. Everything else works ok. Any idea what the problem is?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom