• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl+ Ness (SEVENTEEN ****ETY THREE)

Revven

FrankerZ
Or just remove it entirely because Ness already has gotten quite a lot of changes in other areas that got sped up. (Dair, Utilt)

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
Fair fair fair uair PK thunder. Fix that.

Now stop making this thread so popular and check out my updated fox guide dammit :laugh:

RPGsFTW

Smash Ace
Fair fair fair uair PK thunder. Fix that.

Yes, please change it. I hate how easily my friend, who just happens to main Ness, pulls that off. I especially dislike it because he thinks he is ******. However, I beat him all the time, it's just annoying when he lands it and does 50+ %. My Ness is waayy >>>> his Ness though.

<3 DJC.

Simna ibn Sind

THIS IS unMODNESS!
BRoomer
Slippi.gg
SIND#745
whats wrong with fair fair fair uair pkt?

that combo in itself there is nothing wrong with.....so what if ness can do that

i can understand why hjim being able to combo at any percent with fair is a problem, but really there is nothing wrong with being able to do that combo at a percent that would allow it

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
._.

So I wuz playin' leaf on battlefield and i noticed that PK Flash is USEFUL (!!!) against wolf if he's above the stage. Kinda traps him, especially if he tries to use reflector because you can jump and uair him.

Jus' sayin.

Also pls stop rapin PK thunder. It's not amazing at all. If your foe knows how to shield or nair it's no threat whatsoever. I mean, if you don't want the speedup then we should have infinite. I do like my combos out of it, but I'd like to have either combo enhancement or recovery enhancement due to the nature of Ness's playstyle. It wouldn't be right to not use PK thunder to harrass people across the stage and lead to another attack if they don't dodge right, and it would nerf his combo game too, which you're already doing by nerfing fair.

What SHOULD be ***** is uair, it needs a hitlag increase and a bit of a KBG slight increase/BKB significant decrease. I find myself too often stringing together 6+ uairs, and on floaties using it to kill at like 80%. It's a crazy good move, although outshined by fair, I think if fair was nerfed it'd be where all the attention goes.

dtilt is still butts as well. Can you put the angle back to vbrawl's and increase endlag instead of doing this weird nerf (and 50% trip instead of 30). The move is high repercussion and high profit at the same time atm and it's weird. I could spam it for a good 10 seconds before the foe DIs out because they're ready to fsmash me whenever i stop. But at the same time I'm racking up damage. I'd much prefer to use this move maybe twice to lead into a trip and nair/bat/grab out of it.

And of course, PK fire gets a nerf because "lol ness mains" people johning because they don't know how to DI up amirite. If fair is nerfed, then that's all they have to do. DI up. If fair isn't unrealistically epic at comboing then nothing needs to be done to PK Fire and if people whine, say L2DIup. Simple :/

I stand neutral on PK Flash, that change doesn't sound like a very good idea. It wouldn't do anything useful on first glance imo. What would be sexy is if it were better at low charges because atm it's not really anything you'd use unless at least half charged.

I like the fair change though, that's a good idea.

RPGsFTW

Smash Ace
whats wrong with fair fair fair uair pkt?

That combo in itself there is nothing wrong with.....so what if ness can do that?

I can understand why him being able to combo at any percent with fair is a problem.
Exactly like you said it. The combo itself is fine. But with his current Fair he can do it at about any % and that I'd call a problem. Especially because it rack up a good 30+ before the Uair, the killing move, hits the enemy.

Keep the combo, change the Fair. Just like everyone else says: once the Fair is fixed he should be all good for the most part. Just no more EZ Mode Fair, please.

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
u really think dtilt needs to be better? sure its not his best move but considering everything else you want a better dtilt?
dtilt isn't the highlight, no, but i dont get the nerf at all, it just makes no **** sense. all they had to do was increase endlag but they made the move flat out crappy now. it doesnt make sense. a simple utilt-ization (lolwut) buff would suffice for me. i mean look how much has to be nerfed. a small buff wouldn't hurt ;x

Scufo

Smash Apprentice
Gotta jump in and agree that nerfing fair so that it no longer combos at high percents is pretty much all Ness needs to be balanced.

With that gone, I think he has enough strengths and enough weaknesses (recovery, lol) to call him a balanced character.

Ref

Smash Champion
NNID
Refpsi
Instead of complaining about a Fair start trying to find ways to DI against it, If nothing works and other characters don't figure out better things to do to help the general game then change it. But let' it sit for a while. constant change gets a game no where.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
We all know that, but Ness' Fair easily stands out as an overbuffed move. No questions asked.

And considering I'm one of the main advocates for letting the set sit for a while and I'm against updating this build early simply for Ness and some other minuscule changes. I think it's pretty **** obvious @ wtffair.

EDIT: FFFFFFFFFFF NINJA'D

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
More than likely, yes. If an effective form of DI existed, I'm sure it would of been mentioned and information would of spread and we wouldnt be *****ing like we are now.

PKNintendo

Smash Master
Ness fair is freaking legendary now. Good work people!

Now get to work. The day it gets nerfed is the day I throw I party and have a wifi fest.

RyokoYaksa

BRoomer
BRoomer
Instead of complaining about a Fair start trying to find ways to DI against it, If nothing works and other characters don't figure out better things to do to help the general game then change it. But let' it sit for a while. constant change gets a game no where.
It far overstepped the bounds of what the change was supposed to do, and miscommunication of one factor or another lead to a move that should never have gone through to begin with. The stupid auto-link angle and self combo thing with reduced SDI on top of that? This isn't penicillin, here. It was just poor design on one or more person's behalf.

i dont think all the DI has been tested
Do you ever get tired of equivocating to the point of looking like an indecisive nob?

Simna ibn Sind

THIS IS unMODNESS!
BRoomer
Slippi.gg
SIND#745
Oh no they're onto me.

EDIT: but if you really wanna know where i stand im still for waiting before making more changes

or am i?

EDIT2: i mean really....on one hand i can say "it will probably be changed and here is a good way to change it..." and at the same time i can say "maybe the DI hasnt been tested well enough" because this is about getting it right, not about choosing a side

Alphatron

Smash Champion
I'm part of the crowd who wants to ditch the PKT1 speedup and fix fair. Although I'm still up for collecting more data beforehand.

RyokoYaksa

BRoomer
BRoomer
Here's your short answer: with the negative send angle, Ness can follow your DI in any direction but up. He doesn't have to though, because the launch angle is negative.

Alphatron

Smash Champion
He didn't miss. Ness probably decided not to hit the opponent because he's a good kid.

Top Bottom