• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl/Melee tournament, February 16th! Venue up~

Bibbed

Smash Journeyman
Team Ben is probably not going to be attending, as Wife will be out of town this coming weekend.

On a semi-related note, why isn't Pokemon Stadium 1 on for random, since it was one of the most neutral stages in SSBM? Is it the now-solid windmill that has caused the change?

Netsurfer733

Smash Cadet
Yea let me clear something up here....is it Brawl imports or is it Melee?

I am sure as hell coming anyway...i never played brawl :D

dmbrandon

Smash Master
fawking mapquest lulz. it said hour and 30 mins. i might be there? if not good luck!
Nah, I used to live in philly. It's only an hour.

Team Ben is probably not going to be attending, as Wife will be out of town this coming weekend.

On a semi-related note, why isn't Pokemon Stadium 1 on for random, since it was one of the most neutral stages in SSBM? Is it the now-solid windmill that has caused the change?
It doesn't feel neutral to me anymore. Fax's wallshine, rapipA in the construction zone, character size increases.... The neutral stages were hand picked by my crew for the fairest gameplaty

Yea let me clear something up here....is it Brawl imports or is it Melee?

I am sure as hell coming anyway...i never played brawl :D
It's imported brawl AND melee. We're running both

Netsurfer733

Smash Cadet
Woh...so uh...do i have to choose?

I mean, do any of you guys have much experience with imported Brawl? If you don't, then i'll jump in on that lol

I guess what I'm asking is...how many things can I do here? I'd be willing to do Singles in Brawl and Melee and Team in Brawl and Melee...will there be time for all that or what will I have to decide between? (and yes I have a friend to do teams with me)

dmbrandon

Smash Master
Woh...so uh...do i have to choose?

I mean, do any of you guys have much experience with imported Brawl? If you don't, then i'll jump in on that lol

I guess what I'm asking is...how many things can I do here? I'd be willing to do Singles in Brawl and Melee and Team in Brawl and Melee...will there be time for all that or what will I have to decide between? (and yes I have a friend to do teams with me)
everything is fine

Talvi

Smash Journeyman
Hope you make some nice quality videos. I'll check your youtube account to see what you can do.

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
I may be able to bring a Wii and Brawl for the tourney as my Japanese Wii ships to my house tomorrow "Wednesday" I'm probably leaving at 6 though.

Eggm

Smash Hero
I'll come for melee, and bring my brawl setup, for you brawlers lol.

Edit : Once i feel confident enough in brawl (this might be too soon, since i just got my own working) Then i'll brawl too. :) In fact i'll probably just do it anyway.

Dan32488

Smash Rookie
Hey, dmbrandon

I'm new to the whole Smash Tournament Scenery, so please don't mind me being a noob and asking some questions.

I'm assuming you only get to play, once your in the tournament (as long as your not eliminated), and there is no practice time. I would assume so, since almost 60 people would want to play. :p But I just want to know, because I don't have Brawl yet, however I would say I'm decent at melee, I don't know any of the advanced lingo.

I just want to know, that way I can choose my character that I would be confident in playing the whole Tourney, I would like to play Sonic but I don't wanna accidentally kill myself, or suck because I haven't adjusted to any of their movesets. But I think it will be overall well-worth experience. If you could get back to me that would be great.

Losnar

Smash Journeyman
How many people are you expecting and what is the viewing area like? What kind of TV is this running on, also?

dmbrandon

Smash Master
I'll come for melee, and bring my brawl setup, for you brawlers lol.

Edit : Once i feel confident enough in brawl (this might be too soon, since i just got my own working) Then i'll brawl too. :) In fact i'll probably just do it anyway.
<3 House fee waved!

Hey, dmbrandon

I'm new to the whole Smash Tournament Scenery, so please don't mind me being a noob and asking some questions.

I'm assuming you only get to play, once your in the tournament (as long as your not eliminated), and there is no practice time. I would assume so, since almost 60 people would want to play. :p But I just want to know, because I don't have Brawl yet, however I would say I'm decent at melee, I don't know any of the advanced lingo.

I just want to know, that way I can choose my character that I would be confident in playing the whole Tourney, I would like to play Sonic but I don't wanna accidentally kill myself, or suck because I haven't adjusted to any of their movesets. But I think it will be overall well-worth experience. If you could get back to me that would be great.
If you enter the tourn, you'll have practice time from 11:00 - 12:20. At 12:30 the tourns start. You may play on free wiis during the tourn, but only during the ones you enter.

The tourns are double elim. You have to lose 2ce to be out.

How many people are you expecting and what is the viewing area like? What kind of TV is this running on, also?
I'm hoping for 35, with 4 setups. The tvs will vary.

ThE SAiNT

Smash Cadet
I might, Might, be able to come along with a friend. If I bring a tv but no cube, is the house fee still waved?

BTW, first tournament and I was just wondering, so I don't feel weird, what is the age group around of people going to it?

D

Deleted member

So is it $10 for singles and doubles for both Melee and Brawl, or $10 for Melee/Brawl singles and doubles... in short, $20 for everything or $40 for everything? At most I'm thinking of doing Brawl singles, and maybe Melee Singles/Doubles... Definitely looking to come now, hopefully rides work out

Dan32488

Smash Rookie
<3 House fee waved!

If you enter the tourn, you'll have practice time from 11:00 - 12:20. At 12:30 the tourns start. You may play on free wiis during the tourn, but only during the ones you enter.

The tourns are double elim. You have to lose 2ce to be out.

I'm hoping for 35, with 4 setups. The tvs will vary.
Thank you for answering my question. I could bring my Wii/Cube but it's American, and won't be able to play Brawl, and nor do I have brawl. :p

But if you need anyone to record your matches, I can bring my laptop and do direct feed with my Capture Device. I have a set of double edged AV Wires. Only thing is, I can only record from 1 TV at a Time. But if you need me, let it know, I'll check this thread often.

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
I can only take Rutgers people to the tourney so Spam I can take you. Inui, if you somehow get to RU, I will take you also. Eazy is automatically coming with me since we're both blac....urm....we play alot. But, I am leaving at 6 p.m. meaning anyone who came with me that doesn't have a ride back besides me must leave with me at 6 p.m.

I didn't want to offer any rides in the first place cause I was going to leave early but I will still offer rides as long as people abide to my rules. And I will leave at 6 and take anyone back to Rutgers and that's it. No NY, PA, Princeton, nada.

@ Dmbrandon: I'm bringing my Japanese Wii and J-Brawl too ;D

dmbrandon

Smash Master
hey man count me in for this.... if you need a melee set up let me know
<3 I miss you! :D </gaystuff>

I might, Might, be able to come along with a friend. If I bring a tv but no cube, is the house fee still waved?

BTW, first tournament and I was just wondering, so I don't feel weird, what is the age group around of people going to it?
Yes, actually, as long as the TV gets used in tournament.

And the ages usually vary from 13-25

So is it $10 for singles and doubles for both Melee and Brawl, or $10 for Melee/Brawl singles and doubles... in short, $20 for everything or $40 for everything? At most I'm thinking of doing Brawl singles, and maybe Melee Singles/Doubles... Definitely looking to come now, hopefully rides work out
It's 10$ PER tourn.

Thank you for answering my question. I could bring my Wii/Cube but it's American, and won't be able to play Brawl, and nor do I have brawl. :p

But if you need anyone to record your matches, I can bring my laptop and do direct feed with my Capture Device. I have a set of double edged AV Wires. Only thing is, I can only record from 1 TV at a Time. But if you need me, let it know, I'll check this thread often.
I would like that, actually. I have one too, and Keitaro does, if he wants to bring it. Make sure all the matches get recorded.

I can only take Rutgers people to the tourney so Spam I can take you. Inui, if you somehow get to RU, I will take you also. Eazy is automatically coming with me since we're both blac....urm....we play alot. But, I am leaving at 6 p.m. meaning anyone who came with me that doesn't have a ride back besides me must leave with me at 6 p.m.

I didn't want to offer any rides in the first place cause I was going to leave early but I will still offer rides as long as people abide to my rules. And I will leave at 6 and take anyone back to Rutgers and that's it. No NY, PA, Princeton, nada.

@ Dmbrandon: I'm bringing my Japanese Wii and J-Brawl too ;D
Much lulz.

House fee waaaaved!

Lafen

Smash Cadet
if anyone else from RU needs a ride as well i'm driving up there too.

MateriYA

Smash Cadet
yo dmbrandon for this tournament in airport plaza i can bring my brawl if you need it i unlocked all characters and most stages but i would like something in return

MateriYA

Smash Cadet
yo dmbrandon for this tournament in airport plaza i can bring my brawl if you need it i unlocked all characters and most stages but i would like something in return

MateriYA

Smash Cadet
brawl game

yo dmbrandon for this tournament in airport plaza i can bring my brawl if you need it i unlocked all characters and most stages but i would like something in return o and this is a fake game and it only plays on my modded wii dont think it makes that much of a diff i will go there anyway

puffedkirby

Smash Rookie
so
in regards to your first post
there ARE doubles melee right?
*edit*
and i can prob bring my cube + disc + mem card
*edit2*
and when would melee doubles start? b/c my teammate might be coming a lil late, like around 1:30 ish

mindlesstom

Smash Cadet
Most stages is only somewhat helpful. We don't really need another brawl, we'll need TVs.

so
in regards to your first post
there ARE doubles melee right?
*edit*
and i can prob bring my cube + disc + mem card
*edit2*
and when would melee doubles start? b/c my teammate might be coming a lil late, like around 1:30 ish
As of now, melee doubles is iffy. It's all Dependant on how many people want it

MateriYA

Smash Cadet
o i have fd then i thought there was another one my bad i got all the stages except for the ones that require to complete 1 player mode cause my disc doesnt have 1 player mode has everything else

Xzax Kasrani

Smash Master
wow like a milliom psots in arow >.> lol joknig me and vex kasrani are probably coming no set up prolly 2 copies of melee and 2 memory cards >.>

Top Bottom