• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl has NOT GONE GOLD. (Picture rumor debunked)

WoapGang

Mighty Soul of Woapgang
3DS FC
3411-2904-8277
Everyone's convinced it takes a hundred billion weeks to package and ship this crap.

If properly organized, all copies can be produced and distributed in less than a week. Srsly. It's not as time-consuming as everyone's making it out to be; it's just a matter of being well planned.
Then why is their such a delay for the Europeans? Last time i checked, Europe was closer than the U.S. And most of them speak English do they not?

Rash

Smash Ace
Then why is their such a delay for the Europeans? Last time i checked, Europe was closer than the U.S. And most of them speak English do they not?
Yeah, but "most" is not enough.

If Brawl wasn't distributed in Europe with the right languages and localization, the people over their would still be furious at NoE. It's really a lose-lose situation as it currently stands.

M.K

Level 55
So Wal-Mart has it wrong. So what? They aren't the smartest banana in the bunch. Don't trust them at all! They don't even give their workers health-care -.- how smart can they be?

sfox8

Smash Journeyman
tthere is Brawl haters and there name is Halo 3!! there are Halo 3 fans at there threads posting that Brawl is never going to sell one quarter of what Hlao 3 sold!! it's WAR!!!!!!!!
What does that have to do with the topic though...?

I emailed Walmart.com to ask if that was the real date that they're getting Brawl in or if they just have a wrong listed date (while providing the real date). I'll see what their reply is.

Either way, it doesn't matter much to me. I never buy games from Walmart anyway. Best Buy and Gamestop ftw!

PITforREV

Smash Journeyman
In honor of Rapthehedgehog

If theres another delay I'll put a gun to Sakurai's head and ask him what his last words are.......Then ill tell him he has no time to ponder such question because link has grabbed a smash ball....And I have just pulled the trigger.

Papapaint

Just your average kind of Luigi.
I can tell you now, the delay has nothing to do with distribution. It's not like they'd be driving the copies to europe...

Chi's Finest

Smash Lord
Everyone's convinced it takes a hundred billion weeks to package and ship this crap.

If properly organized, all copies can be produced and distributed in less than a week. Srsly. It's not as time-consuming as everyone's making it out to be; it's just a matter of being well planned.
Because stores get it in about 2 days before it launches. They have to send the master disc and have it make millions of copies and have them packaged and shipped. Bigger games tend to go gold abot a month before their release.

Chiastic

Smash Apprentice
The boxes and manuals for a game are done weeks before the gold master 99% of the time. The important part is disc production and shipping.
i guess this explains why the screenshots on the back of the boxes are always from early alpha stages of the games.

camzaman

Smash Journeyman
Yea but someone also said that they saw abunch of smash bros game boxes in gamestop, i really dont know if it is or not i just dont want another delay.
Those are placeholder boxes for preorders, the front boxart is similar, but those aren't copies of the game they got from Nintendo.

Finesse

Smash Rookie
Well, as smart as those Japanese people are, they have horrible English. But oddly enough, they love to throw in English whenever and wherever possible.
You're **** near ignorant. Ridiculous stereotype on your part. How many languages do you know how to speak? Try learning a foreign language.. see how much work it probably takes to fluently speak and write it. And you're saying that it is the case that the Japanese are incapable of speaking English in any coherent way? That's as outrageous a claim as saying that anyone on this site with a ridiculous number of posts are a bunch of virgins with no real social life who think about Smash way too much for their own good.

Brockman5

Smash Ace
You're **** near ignorant. Ridiculous stereotype on your part. How many languages do you know how to speak? Try learning a foreign language.. see how much work it probably takes to fluently speak and write it. And you're saying that it is the case that the Japanese are incapable of speaking English in any coherent way? That's as outrageous a claim as saying that anyone on this site with a ridiculous number of posts are a bunch of virgins with no real social life who think about Smash way too much for their own good.
Actually you're ****ing **** near ignorant because I know you're a n00b and all but Samurai Panda translates japanese for us..and last time I checked is a foreign language so shut your **** mouth and stop trying to diss people when you don't know what you're talking about..

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
....Way to take a light-hearted comment out of context.

And I'll also point you to another comment I made:

If you have spent any time in Japan, you'd know that each individual person has fairly decent English, but when it comes to companies printing things on products, you will find the most abysmal English grammar/spelling ever (hell, there is a site for it too: engrish.com) which may even be on purpose sometimes. I have spent quite a bit of time in Japan, and saw my fair share of Engrish. And I bought every good Engrish T-Shirt I could find, cause they are awesome.

The Director

Smash Lord
Yeah. There are a ton of ignorant ****s over the internet, and a third of those ignorant ****s are here on Smashboards, so why go crazy when one of them says something a little extra ignorant?

I bet Brawl has gone gold by now. They don't need to announce that to us, after all...

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
Yeah. There are a ton of ignorant ****s over the internet, and a third of those ignorant ****s are here on Smashboards, so why go crazy when one of them says something a little extra ignorant?

I bet Brawl has gone gold by now. They don't need to announce that to us, after all...
Maybe I'm misreading what you're saying, but are you seriously calling me an ignorant ****?

Warlock*G

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
0146-9477-0226
Let's think about it this way. If it's that hard for us to learn Japanese, then it must be hard for Japanese to learn English. Duh.

(And I said "us" even if English isn't my first language... don't hesitate to point out any mistake I could have made, in any post, whenever you see one. PM me or somethikng. I'm always looking to improve my English.)

Oh and Panda: knowing Japanese's awesome. :D

Agosta44

Smash Ace
Okay I just saw this on Gamefaqs. I think it's bull, but worth taking a look at:

"Just got a call from the store I pre-ordered yesterday (Privately-owned store, owner is friends with parents, etc) that stated that stores would be getting Brawl around the end of January.

I had noticed some people asking about this (Though not much lately) plus it was interesting that they would actually be getting it in that early, but meh.

Although being friends with the owner gives me means to have the game as soon as he gets them in."

Bli33ard

Smash Journeyman
Oh dear. Anyway, wouldn't it make sense for the staff to have a break after the main game has been completed? That's what I think has happened.

"Okay noobs, you've made Nintendo a great game here with your 20-hour working days, now you deserve a New Year's break!! " - Sakurai

MarvinTPA

Smash Cadet
Erhm...
I hope it gets delayed one day so it's feb. 11 Huzzah for Forty-Two.
anyway...
Blizzard are you talking about the site updates?
That makes a lot more sense than you realize; Sakurai can simply set a simple program that will simply post his simple updates on 12:00 each day. Yes, I know it's harder than it seems, but his updates are so short it won't overwork him any more than he is now.
But what will they do AFTER the break? Wouldn't Sakuai simply say something like "Thanks and see you in 7-8 years"?

Papapaint

Because stores get it in about 2 days before it launches. They have to send the master disc and have it make millions of copies and have them packaged and shipped. Bigger games tend to go gold abot a month before their release.
I know what's involved. And I'm still telling you that printing takes an average of two days, distribution takes an average of 3 or 4, and stocking takes one. Games can go gold in a week quite easily. Big games go gold sooner to ensure that nothing goes wrong. It doesn't matter if Wal-Mart gets one less copy of Looney Joe Battles the Sponduloids, but it does matter if they're short a Halo 3.

There's no particularly good reason for a game to go gold more than two weeks before its release.

Chi's Finest

Smash Lord
I know what's involved. And I'm still telling you that printing takes an average of two days, distribution takes an average of 3 or 4, and stocking takes one. Games can go gold in a week quite easily. Big games go gold sooner to ensure that nothing goes wrong. It doesn't matter if Wal-Mart gets one less copy of Looney Joe Battles the Sponduloids, but it does matter if they're short a Halo 3.

There's no particularly good reason for a game to go gold more than two weeks before its release.
Millions of discs being created, placed in the boxes and packaged takes two days?

Finesse

Smash Rookie
Actually you're ****ing **** near ignorant because I know you're a n00b and all
Yes.. you know I'm a "n00b" because I hardly post on this site. I'm sorry I don't post as often as you do.. I'll try to get hundreds of more posts under my belt, since we all know that the number of posts is directly related to how substantial or logical one's claims can be. Because I'm a n00b.. is that the only way you know how to dismiss statements? Just say that you somehow know that they're "n00bs"?

but Samurai Panda translates japanese for us..and last time I checked is a foreign language so shut your **** mouth and stop trying to diss people when you don't know what you're talking about..
Yes, fool, I do know what I'm talking about. It would be the same as having some sports commentator making some sweeping generalization such as..

"Now we all know how good black people are at basketball, but they're also notorious for not doing so well at school.."

As for SamuraiPanda translating Japanese for this site.. quite frankly, that doesn't justify the statement. And good for him that he knows Japanese as a second language.. for all you know, he could just very well be as horrible at translating it as are the Japanese to speaking ESL, as SP claims they should be.

I

i8waffles612

The ignorance of some people....:ohwell::ohwell::ohwell:

SamuraiPanda is like the coolest moderator on here.
(Its ok Gimpy, I still love you <3 lol)

The moderators' jobs are too keep these forums under control and ban those ingorant fools, such as yourself. I believe disrespecting isnt allowed at all, whether to moderator, member, or noob (such as yourself)

:psycho:

sdhonda

Smash Cadet
Most games go gold just over a week before release.

The reason they can produce so many in such a short time is simple: Mass production. What, you think they have a single machine making one CD at a time? And its not like theyre your typical PC cd burner, they produce them pretty fast. And even so, they only need to ship a few hundred thousand on day one.

The game (or at least the japanese version of it) will most likely be going gold within the next 2 weeks. At the this close to release, its highly unlikely there would be any delay. The only reason they delayed the game back in october was because they set the december release date back in july, during which they still werent sure when it would be done. Being farther along in development, they have a better idea of just what needs to be done and could set a more reasonable target.

And finally, why they hell are people slinging mud at panda here?

M.K

Level 55
Yes.. you know I'm a "n00b" because I hardly post on this site. I'm sorry I don't post as often as you do.. I'll try to get hundreds of more posts under my belt, since we all know that the number of posts is directly related to how substantial or logical one's claims can be. Because I'm a n00b.. is that the only way you know how to dismiss statements? Just say that you somehow know that they're "n00bs"?

Yes, fool, I do know what I'm talking about. It would be the same as having some sports commentator making some sweeping generalization such as..

"Now we all know how good black people are at basketball, but they're also notorious for not doing so well at school.."

As for SamuraiPanda translating Japanese for this site.. quite frankly, that doesn't justify the statement. And good for him that he knows Japanese as a second language.. for all you know, he could just very well be as horrible at translating it as are the Japanese to speaking ESL, as SP claims they should be.
You win this thread, the internet, and everything you ever wanted. You are totally correct on every point in that entire statement. Terrific.

Anyways, I don't think this thread should be any sort of shock or anything. Does it matter if it's in printing? It's January 1st, only 23 days left you know, they have to start sometime!

Papapaint

Millions of discs being created, placed in the boxes and packaged takes two days?
Yes, actually.

http://www.megalodon.com/cd_manufacturing_large_qty.html

Mass qty cd manufacturing can be done in as little as a few days to several months. A realistic schedule for mass quantity cd production is 4 to 6 weeks. This allows for matchprints and test disc to be reviewed and approved, production, return shipping, and if necessary, customs. We do some special million piece government projects annually in under 10 day timeframe including shipping though, so it can be done.
Going gold refers to the final step of that process--the production. If they can do matchprints, test, review, production, and shipping for one million discs in ten days, it doesn't take much to deduce that only one day is dedicated to the actual production and packaging of discs. Since this is the estimated timeframe they give to consumers, despite the fact that they produce several large-quantity custom orders, it's safe to say that they would be capable of producing far more than that in a single day. Compare that to Nintendo, who will likely dedicate 48-72 straight hours of production from their factory, and it's not difficult to see that the "going gold" process can take a small amount of time.

ShadeofDante

Smash Cadet
Well, I'm sure it was already mentioned but Walmart's site has the correct release and ship date now. Ships on the 9th, arrives on the 10th. Of February.

The game won't be delayed. It's far too soon. By the time the Dojo comes back there is less than three weeks before the Japanese release date. The other delay was made more than a month in advance. Sorry, the image may be bull or whatever, but the game is still coming on time.

The Director

Smash Lord
Maybe I'm misreading what you're saying, but are you seriously calling me an ignorant ****?
You're way misreading me. LOLOLOLOL I was talking about this post:

Actually you're ****ing **** near ignorant because I know you're a n00b and all but Samurai Panda translates japanese for us..and last time I checked is a foreign language so shut your **** mouth and stop trying to diss people when you don't know what you're talking about..
Finesse is the ignorant ****. He clearly doesn't understand sarcasm, although it doesn't lay too thickly over the internet...

But now that you mention it...I never did agree with your theorcy. :p

Finesse

Smash Rookie
The ignorance of some people....:ohwell::ohwell::ohwell:
Me criticizing SP for making a loose or irresponsible statement does not make me ignorant. SP's affiliation with and frequency in exposure to a different culture does not somehow justify such over-generalized comments. So until you can somehow substantiate what you've just said, your last post holds no weight.

SamuraiPanda is like the coolest moderator on here.
(Its ok Gimpy, I still love you <3 lol)
This is irrelevant, but I'm assuming you're just mentioning this in passing.

The moderators' jobs are too keep these forums under control and ban those ingorant fools, such as yourself. I believe disrespecting isnt allowed at all, whether to moderator, member, or noob (such as yourself)

:psycho:
Again, with the "noob" accusation. This seems to be a popular way of dismissing someone's comment on this site. It's the near-equivalent of calling someone a "commie" in the '60s or a "terrorist" in this decade. If you're gonna get at me, back up what you're going to say and don't just resort to freely using this catch-all dismissive term.

As for me disrespecting SP, to say the very least, it is the comment in passing that was ignorant in itself. So I do take back having called him ignorant. However, I should be able to point out and criticize him for having made such a statement, regardless of what the majority of those on this site view as being the social norm in terms of generalizations. To reiterate, an ignorant comment made by someone does not necessarily imply that (s)he is ignorant, so I take back having called SP that. However, the essence of my original post still stands.

Finesse is the ignorant ****. He clearly doesn't understand sarcasm, although it doesn't lay too thickly over the internet...
Go read the post. Now re-read it. You go tell me how that statement is put under the guise or context of mere sarcasm. Light-hearted statement? Maybe. But it's primary intent is not to be sarcastic. It is first and foremost used to help explain (if you can call it that) why there is a mistranslation. As far as I'm concerned, you've yet to explain how I am "ignorant".

Thanks, Meta-Kirby! Someone who at least understands what I have to say..

*To anyone: Please, don't bother responding on how long this post is or how it diverges from the original message in this topic. I am fully aware of both aspects. And, no, I am not over-reacting. Only subtle taboo becomes widely accepted when we ourselves let it be this way for reasons of convenience, fear of backlash, or what have you.

Chi's Finest

Smash Lord
Yes, actually.

http://www.megalodon.com/cd_manufacturing_large_qty.html

Going gold refers to the final step of that process--the production. If they can do matchprints, test, review, production, and shipping for one million discs in ten days, it doesn't take much to deduce that only one day is dedicated to the actual production and packaging of discs. Since this is the estimated timeframe they give to consumers, despite the fact that they produce several large-quantity custom orders, it's safe to say that they would be capable of producing far more than that in a single day. Compare that to Nintendo, who will likely dedicate 48-72 straight hours of production from their factory, and it's not difficult to see that the "going gold" process can take a small amount of time.
According to that quote form the website, they do an annualy order of 1 million in 10 days. They will be doing over a million, at probably 5 days at the very minimum. Still, Games always go gold a few weeks before release, and larger ones (such a sBrawl) tend to go gold about a month before release. Even if Brawl wasn not hyped at all, it would still be gold within a week at the very latest.

Top Bottom