• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl has NOT GONE GOLD. (Picture rumor debunked)

twdfx

Smash Cadet
Come a few weeks, we will know everything, provided there is not another delay.

This thread makes me worried even though it doesn't imply a delay or anything. Still...

Indignant

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, because it's really efficient to start making copies of the game a week before the game needs to be shipped out to the stores.
They really need a couple weeks to print the game, print the manuals, make the boxes, put it all together, get it into boxes, and get all the shipments ready to go to the stores. I highly doubt this could all be done in a week.
If all they are adding are tweaks and secret characters (who are usually NEVER in manuals), the printing of the manuals and boxes can be done much earlier than the game discs can. I have no idea about the efficiency of their disc printers, however, the other materials will not affect things. For all we know, the first shipment's boxes and manuals are already printed (or more). I just wanted to point this out, trivial as it is.

thetoastinator

Smash Apprentice
I don't know any off the top of my head, but people stormed the gamefaqs board last night with like 20 topics with websites saying the same thing.
Results are inconclusive. I checked gamestop.com, bestbuy.com, CircuitCity.com, toysrus.com, and target.com. All of them had the same release date: Feb. 10 2008.

I think Walmart is being ignorant of the release date.....as always...:p

Agosta44

Smash Ace
Results are inconclusive. I checked gamestop.com, bestbuy.com, CircuitCity.com, toysrus.com, and target.com. All of them had the same release date: Feb. 10 2008.

Kay, I didn't bother doing research passed the links posted anyhows, just relaying what I know.

NDUDE

Smash Ace
Considering how it comes out less than a month in Japan, I'm sure it has gone gold by now. I remember other games going gold a few weeks before their scheduled release dates.

Black/Light

Smash Master
I still think it' gone gold with or without that pic. It's going to come out in Japan soon so it's must likely done.

AtticusFinch

Smash Journeyman
Well, Im sure it has already gone gold, but you can't be to sure. I mean, if you think about it, they would want to go gold as late as posible, so they can get a good estimate on how many copies to make for pre-orders plus some for the stores themself. But theres no fact to anything I just said =P

M.K

Level 55
Yeah, it's gone gold. I don't like threads that you spend forever reading, and it's not even positive news, it's just a waste. Why post it, if it's just an answer to another thread? Sigh, it has gone gold. Why try to prove it wrong?

ShadowRegulus

Smash Rookie
I don't know, maybe because it's relatively likely that it hasn't gone gold? Most games don't go gold until like a week before the ship date. This is why manuals and boxes are usually printed far before the games are finished (and why you can frequently find beta screenshots in/on them).

FireWater

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1478-5556-9486
What does gone gold mean?
Going gold means that no more coding is to be done, and the game is ready for mass production. They use the term "gold" because usually the parent company sends the game over in gold master discs for them to be copied (or at least thats a rumor).

The quicker a game goes gold, the quicker the release of the product to the public.

soviet prince

I am the terror that flaps in the night
Premium
NNID
7066-9708-9591

Black/Light

Smash Master
I think the thread title should be called "Picture rumor debunked, brawl not confirmed gold" cause most likely it has gone gold. . . .that pic just doesn't confirm it.

Corb

Smash Rookie
Somebody here should post this thread on Digg, because the rumor was posted as truth there and made it to Digg's front page. The title of this thread could be used for the title of the Digg post.

soviet prince

Premium
NNID
7066-9708-9591

heck when walmart announced the delay at my local walmart it had it originally coming out on Dec 28 when it supposed to be dec 3.

Anth0ny

Smash Master
It did strike me as odd, considering the picture was spread about a month before the Japanese release date. We'll probably get official word of the game going gold in early January.

Unless it's delayed...

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
I actually did translate something awhile ago where they said they were currently in the testing phase of the game. Meaning they starting doing balancing and bug fixes. But I don't know how accurate that article was.

soviet prince

Premium
NNID
7066-9708-9591
I like wal mart but sometimes they don't have a clue lol

Zelda_Fan_

Smash Journeyman
You couldve been the coolest person on the forum and actually told him what it meant...

___

It means that they're done testing, and started printing the game getting ready to sell it to the world!
___

This is kinda sad that it hasn't gone gold, now i'm all paranoid all over again
Thanks. :)

Zek

Smash Ace
Well it was pretty early for the game to go gold. Any time during the next week or two would be on schedule.

ilabb

Smash Apprentice

This is an image used in the MMO Ragnarok Online when a monster card doesn't have the image to go along with it yet.

This isn't some isolated incident of Engrish.

ShadeofDante

Smash Cadet
Honestly, using a free translation tool on a web site is hardly grounds for "finding a translation" of Japanese. This whole "Picture in production" sounds like a terrible literal translation of the characters, and most people realize Japanese is one of many languages you can't directly translate without messing up the true meaning.

I do believe Brawl has "gone Gold" and there will be no more delays. No need to fear, honestly, we've been waiting this long, it's far too soon to the release dates now to suddenly throw another "delay" our way. And really, don't try to use the excuse "IT'S NINTENDO LOL" because aside from Ocarina of Time, there were no games that were horribly delayed.

Xane

Smash Journeyman
NNID
XaneFeather
3DS FC
3866-8124-2065

This is an image used in the MMO Ragnarok Online when a monster card doesn't have the image to go along with it yet.

This isn't some isolated incident of Engrish.
LOL scary thing.. I was close to post the same thing, since I played RO too.

Rash

Smash Ace
^ Twilight Princess' two years and extra console port begs to differ. And Brawl, Metroid Prime 3, and Galaxy. :laugh:
Twilight Princess was the worst of those. All the other games were only delayed once. Both Metroid Prime 3 and Mario Galaxy were potential launch games that merely got delayed to an unknown date. If the trend continues, Brawl will still come out on February 10th in America. One delay plus an exact date is pretty good evidence, and seeing as the game is less than one month away for Japan, it's hard to think that the delay would be extended.

Hopefully on January 7th we don't get some sort of "delay message" from Sakurai.

Puddin Master

Smash Apprentice
Honestly, using a free translation tool on a web site is hardly grounds for "finding a translation" of Japanese. This whole "Picture in production" sounds like a terrible literal translation of the characters, and most people realize Japanese is one of many languages you can't directly translate without messing up the true meaning.

I do believe Brawl has "gone Gold" and there will be no more delays. No need to fear, honestly, we've been waiting this long, it's far too soon to the release dates now to suddenly throw another "delay" our way. And really, don't try to use the excuse "IT'S NINTENDO LOL" because aside from Ocarina of Time, there were no games that were horribly delayed.
SamuraiPanda knows Japanese, he doesn't use a translation tool. :o

thetoastinator

Smash Apprentice
I actually did translate something awhile ago where they said they were currently in the testing phase of the game. Meaning they starting doing balancing and bug fixes. But I don't know how accurate that article was.
Hopefully this article is true because I think the testing is final stage until shipment.....:)

Chi's Finest

Smash Lord
Even if the image was debunked, isn't is safe to assume that Brawl is gold anyway, assuming it wouldn't get delayed?

gangstajuice02

Smash Ace
tthere is Brawl haters and there name is Halo 3!! there are Halo 3 fans at there threads posting that Brawl is never going to sell one quarter of what Hlao 3 sold!! it's WAR!!!!!!!!

ShadowRegulus

Smash Rookie
Even if the image was debunked, isn't is safe to assume that Brawl is gold anyway, assuming it wouldn't get delayed?
Not really, because games frequently don't go gold until they're within 2 weeks or less of the ship date. The game doesn't come out until Jan 24, they could still do a couple weeks of bugtesting and the like.

ssbmaster2007

Smash Journeyman
That Wal-Mart mart release date really worries me, the nearest town (which is over half an hour away) is really crappy, the only store I could possibly get it at launch is Wal-Mart, there are no video game stores there.

If Brawl does not get delayed and still comes out on February 10th, will Wal-Mart still not get it in until March...? I really don't want to have to wait another month especially after it's already been released.

xbrinkx

Smash Ace
I'm sure it's pretty much gone gold, considering after Sakurai and his team have a vacation it'll be 2 weeks until Japan release. After Japan release they'll work on American.

Papapaint

Just your average kind of Luigi.
I'm sure it's pretty much gone gold, considering after Sakurai and his team have a vacation it'll be 2 weeks until Japan release. After Japan release they'll work on American.
Everyone's convinced it takes a hundred billion weeks to package and ship this crap.

If properly organized, all copies can be produced and distributed in less than a week. Srsly. It's not as time-consuming as everyone's making it out to be; it's just a matter of being well planned.

Top Bottom