• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl gets even More Special

WRVenom

Smash Rookie
It did that in Melee.
Yeah, it did. Maybe you thought it just made you heavier? Either way, this was great, and now there may not be a need for the debug menu. And this is definetly better than playing as sandbag and freezing your game. :p

WRVenom

Smash Rookie
Wow, i just realized i put a comment up about the first page. Woops...

Anyway, there were two things i wanted to mention.
1. After metal it says "clear". Someone said it just makes projectiles phase right through you
2. But you also get a condition next to the Spicy sign that says "Reflect".

So you can either dodge projectiles or reflect them, i think that's too repetitive. I think Clear may mean the Cloaking Device from in melee, which i just realized now someone already said this. Well, i'm not letting this post go to waste *posts anyway*

maxpower1227

Smash Lord
Also, if you'll notice the Stamina options, it has "300" and "Stamina". In one of the screenshots, Mario is shown with 150 HP with the Stamina option selected. Either this means that "Stamina"=150 HP or "Stamina"=selectable HP. The latter seems more likely, as why would he put "Stamina" in place of 150?

"300%" is for Super Sudden Death. It's not Stamina mode. That's why the menu heading says "%Stamina" - it's a combination of two somewhat unrelated options.

Phred

Smash Journeyman
I like the flower mode. It seems interesting to be playing with your health continually draining away.
I'd like to mix these all up for sure! XD

Wyvern

Smash Journeyman
Even though Stamina Mode is probably still stuck at 150, now that it's an option rather than a whole mode, there won't be any excuse to stop you from combining it with stock, which is way more important anyway if you ask me. You can only bring it up so high before characters get knocked off the stage before dying through damage anyway...

Also, this update single-handedly makes me want Falco to return, just so I can play against him with low-gravity and the bunny hood both turned on. Every time he jumps, he loses a stock. Let's see you short-hop laser me now!

SOJ

Smash Journeyman
Mwahaha Stanima Mini Bunny Curry Light Brawl on Pokemon Stadium 2 FTW!

Eaode

Smash Champion
Even though Stamina Mode is probably still stuck at 150, now that it's an option rather than a whole mode, there won't be any excuse to stop you from combining it with stock, which is way more important anyway if you ask me. You can only bring it up so high before characters get knocked off the stage before dying through damage anyway...

Also, this update single-handedly makes me want Falco to return, just so I can play against him with low-gravity and the bunny hood both turned on. Every time he jumps, he loses a stock. Let's see you short-hop laser me now!
Sorry to burst your bubble, but you can't be star KO'd unless you are hit.

Mckillyou

Smash Journeyman
It definitely isn't the regular camera, because the Off-function would serve as the regular camera view. So does anyone know what Angled-Camera means?
Well, in the screen of the custom mode that was made, (With the curry and the flowers and the knuckle joe) it seemed that the camera was looking down at the battle, from a higher angle.

MetaKnight'sSword

Smash Lord
wonder if u can alter the stamina matcjh

Off Topic: actually I just noticed something about the first thread...did the guy who started this thread said that Coin Melee was in the Special Melee section of SSBM????

IllidR

Smash Champion
Well, in the screen of the custom mode that was made, (With the curry and the flowers and the knuckle joe) it seemed that the camera was looking down at the battle, from a higher angle.
Ya, i noticed that a little after i posted it. Seems as if it gives you a bit more of a view of the scenery down below.

burrito

Smash Lord
It's a pretty awesome feature, I was hoping for something like this. Though, it would have been better if you could have changed the setting for each player individually.

Nybb

Smash Journeyman
I can't wait to play Mega Metal Heavy Fast Brawl, just to watch those pathetic space animals try to live.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Off Topic: actually I just noticed something about the first thread...did the guy who started this thread said that Coin Melee was in the Special Melee section of SSBM????
Oh yeah, forgot it was a standard rule type, not a special Melee.

Eh, it still sucked. ;)

MetaKnight'sSword

Smash Lord
Oh yeah, forgot it was a standard rule type, not a special Melee.

Eh, it still sucked. ;)
ok at least u admitted it (^^)v.... i was going to be all "THIS DOESNT BELONG BLAH BLAH BLAH!!!!!"" but at leasst u admitted it...but how did it suck.....get the most points and u win...isnt that what SSB is about???

.............Flower Brawl... ROFL

JPW

Smash Ace
Oh man I can't wait to have a Mega, Metal, Light, Fast, Curry, match.

I wonder if him calling it Mega gives a hint to a certain character. Last time it was Giant and Tiny.

I love this double modes. I always wanted a Sudden Death with Lightning. It looks like there's no sudden death though.

locke117

Smash Rookie
nice update glad to see its not just giant brawl or tiny brawl wouldnt have expected curry mode to be there though

EdwardGordon

Smash Journeyman
I wonder if there will be unlockable options, becuase it looks like there's like only two options for each part (body...head.... etc)

Or maybe we don't need more.

Makes you wonder if there are any more self-improving items left to reveal.

Wyvern

Smash Journeyman
A lot of people picking Falco/Fox jumping to their deaths. Promise.

EDIT: What? You have to be hit? I swear I've jumped up before. lol.
Sometimes, when you get hit really hard upwards (or in any direction, really), you regain control of your character before the momentum from the attack has actually worn off. So if your first action is a jump, it can appear as though you killed yourself, even though it was actually just the last bit of force from the attack that pushed you over the edge. I've had lots of times where someone bashed my Ganondorf way off the left side of the screen, and I manage to get a jump off, but then I explode before I get a chance to do my down-B and start making my way back (not that I would have survived anyway, seeing as how it's Ganondorf after all, but you get the point).

MetaKnight'sSword

Smash Lord
I wonder if there will be unlockable options, becuase it looks like there's like only two options for each part (body...head.... etc)

Or maybe we don't need more.

Makes you wonder if there are any more self-improving items left to reveal.
there's the Star item (no idea y it was called Starman in Melee) but no one would die though LOL

EdwardGordon

Smash Journeyman
there's the Star item (no idea y it was called Starman in Melee) but no one would die though LOL
Yeah.... StarmanBrawl GO! (cricket.... cricket...*everybody just runs around each other*)

Its like when little kids watch an action movie and start imitating the moves, by jumping around eachother with actually hitting, making ninja sounds.

"Hiiiyaa! Woo! YAa! Bang! Pow!"

MetaKnight'sSword

Smash Lord
Yeah.... StarmanBrawl GO! (cricket.... cricket...*everybody just runs around each other*)

Its like when little kids watch an action movie and start imitating the moves, by jumping around eachother with actually hitting, making ninja sounds.

"Hiiiyaa! Woo! YAa! Bang! Pow!"
LOL that would be funny LOL....still dont like the idea of calling the Item Starman....Starman was from Earthbound and in all the mario games and especially the first SSB the star item was just "Star"...*sighs*..Sakurai....WTH r u doing?????? XDD

srry....a little off topic I kno...but I mean c'mon....

Metaknight X

Smash Journeyman
Oh man I can't wait to have a Mega, Metal, Light, Fast, Curry, match.

I wonder if him calling it Mega gives a hint to a certain character. Last time it was Giant and Tiny.

I love this double modes. I always wanted a Sudden Death with Lightning. It looks like there's no sudden death though.
I wouldn't worry too much. I got a feeling that SSD will be a stand-alone mode this time, hence why it wasn't in today's Special Brawl update. Let's face it, you couldn't have a
Stamina SSD match could you? If SSD is in, it'll be separate from Special Brawl...

And I don't think the Mega/Mini thing hints at anything character related whatsoever. They probably just thought it sounded cooler...

Vortok

Smash Journeyman
An excellent update.

Sure, it'd be cool if we can customize stuff such as starting percentage/stamina, or individual options for each character (handicaps exist, after all). Even if we can't, this is much-improved from Melee. If nothing else, we have Metal mode now!

blayde_axel

Smash Master
Please tell me you weren't referencing Mega Man! lol.

And thanks, Wyvern. You def. cleared that up. *Runs to go beat my friend for lying*

Yeah, Stamina Mode's looking non-customizable again... then again, we don't know if there's another screen we have to go to... or am I just being optimistic?

h1roshi

Smash Hero
Kissimmee, Florida playing melee! (f*** brawl, th
this is actually a very good update. this looks extremely fun and i can already see smashers making up their custom games and sharing it with others online. i can actually see myself playing this on a regular basis. the fact that you can do multiple effects at once is amazing, and will allow for so much creativity. It's things like this that will make this game have so much replayability...peace

-hiroshi

Top Bottom