• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl gets even More Special

IllidR

Smash Champion
Very cool update. I like the fact that you can have multiple modes at once, which I was hoping for, but it doesn't seem as if you can customize it differently for each character. Also, what does the Angled camera mean?

Tabris-

Smash Apprentice
I think it actually is customizable. When Stamina is selected, there's something that says "150HP" in the bottom right corner

Also, as long as you can have stock in stamina, it's fine by me, since you can't lose 900 HP just by falling off once...
Hopefully. Great update today though, I just hope that the stamina is going to be adjustable and not fixed at 150HP.

BoG

Smash Journeyman
I must be one of the few that didn't love this update. I got my hopes up for something bigger, I guess. If anything, I'm getting more and more excited by the prospect of the superspicy curry. Not ONLY is cury my favorite food, but I have a hunch it may make some radical character changes, which would be awesome.

Ignatius

List Evader
BRoomer
About the Stamina changing:

Before the match was changed to stamina, you can see a picture where it says "Starts Match With 0% Damage", so I assume you'll be able to scroll down to that and change it. You will probably be able to do this with stamina as well, but the caption didn't appear anymore probably because he had the "OK" button highlighted.
I don't think so, I think it says that when you start with neither Super Sudden Death(300%) or without stamina mode hp. But, I really do hope for some adjustable hp.

RicanThunder

Smash Cadet
This update is a pretty good one. The special melee in melee got boring really fast but this should be fun. Metal vs. Stamina Mega Bunny Curry Metal Fast Angeled . Definately an improvement

Arteen

Smash Lord
Darn, I was hoping for adjustable stamina and different attributes for each character. :(

Homelessvagrant

Smash Lord
3DS FC
5455-9417-5731
So stamina is back (big whoop). I was sad that it hadn't changed at first (not adjustable) but I realized anything above 150 would result is less opponents being Koed and more being knocked off (defeating the whole perpose of the mode). Plus anything less would be like another sudden death mode. As long as it's combined with stock then I will be excited (and probably play it often).

I also like the flower mode where damage continually rises (this could help fend off cowards in stock mode)

Reflect mode for that annoying pesky Fox. Though if reflect works for both, are we going to see a new form of the black hole glitch?

And finally Bunny Metal light mode FTW. I wonder how'd that work?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think the importance of this update is the fact that it confirms many of the old items for brawl. Mega mushroom, tiny mushroom, metal box, lip's stick, bunny hood, and even the cloaking device surely have drastically boosted there chances of being in Brawl.

Eaode

Smash Champion
I don't think so, I think it says that when you start with neither Super Sudden Death(300%) or without stamina mode hp. But, I really do hope for some adjustable hp.
Yeah, after looking at it again, it just gives a description of the option you selected.

EDIT: ROAR Homelessvagrant every time you post I can't even read it 'cause I have to watch your signature!!! <_<;

NukeA6

Smash Master
This is Special Melee with more modes and the option to combine them. I like that.

They are missing Single-button but I'm guessing that's part of the Normal Melee modes now.

Homelessvagrant

Smash Lord
3DS FC
5455-9417-5731
I'm gonna start mentioning Lucario in almost ALL My posts UNTIL HE'S CONFIRMED!!!!

Orr... we find out Sakurai was been smoking weed and made it as a Pokeball.... sigh...

EGRUNTZ said Lucario is Emo, an Emo Pokemon, and WHO WOULD WANT AN EMO POKEMON IN BRAWL!?

Pichu hurt itself, it's Emo.

Lucario is emo, or at least he looks the part. But anyway the fanboyism is laaame, the Munchlax update was nothing grand for sure.

Homelessvagrant

Smash Lord
3DS FC
5455-9417-5731
Yeah, after looking at it again, it just gives a description of the option you selected.

EDIT: ROAR Homelessvagrant every time you post I can't even read it 'cause I have to watch your signature!!! <_<;
I'm sorry I was thinking of changing it with something a little more settle

How about this?

End Game

Smash Journeyman
Well this was the best update this week!!! But its not like that means much considering this week has been filled with lame update after lame update.

Anyways, its still a very interesting update and I'm glad that Sakurai is listening to the fans when they ask for more customization. Go Sakurai!

Edit: Well it seems i was right, i said that this week was going to be very item/AT oriented.

Evolver

Smash Cadet
It definitely isn't the regular camera, because the Off-function would serve as the regular camera view. So does anyone know what Angled-Camera means?
i think the camera will change into an angled view like most screenshots are (so we look at the stage not only from the side but from the front too)

ThatotherLink

Smash Rookie
So does anyone know what Angled-Camera means?
It showed an example right there in the post.

That's not a dynamic camera angle given just for the screen shot like some other updates, but rather a screen shot of the actual game play (sans player stats at the bottom).

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
I have to say, looking at that new version of Metal Mario is pretty sweet.
I can't wait to play Stamina Mega Bunny Metal Reflect Light Slow Fixed Brawl! ZOMG TEH ZANINESS!

And it's nice to see that even though they're only implied, some of our good old items are back: Bunny Hood, Metal Box, Cloaking Device, and the Mushrooms. But I still wish you could change how much damage you can take in Stamina Mode. 150% is just too quick of a match, unless this time you can have mutliple lives?

Brawlmatt202

Smash Champion
Does this mean the Bunny Hood and the Metal Box will also be returning?

...Oh yeah, it doesn't say anything about increasing the HP in the Stamina thing... That sucks.:(

Florida

イーグランツ
O_O

Light.gravity.
Awesome update today! Now I have my answer to ZSS' million flips on Lylat Cruise, from the Word Trailer.

I love updates that hint what the game-menu will look like. Is that MICKYMOUSE'S HEAD IN TEH BACKGROUND?! Conf1rmed.

Rash

Smash Ace
Wow. This is really great. Another feature being greatly expanded into something much...more.

I wouldn't think too much about the stamina thing, yet. There's no real confirmation that you can't change stamina. What did you expect, Sakurai to waste an image in the update on the "change stamina" screen, when that's a detail that isn't necessarily part of the purpose of the update?

Leobenmc

Smash Journeyman
So, the Cloaking Device is returning too...ick i didn't like that item
http://www.awkwardzombie.com/comic1-093006.php
Had to :p

And contrary to my initial post, Eaode and Ekul suggested ways that Stamina/Damage can still be changed.

The bottom right bit that shows 150Hp - that could be a selectable field (i.e. the cursor can move on it) for all we know.
And "Start the match with 0% damage" is a huge giveaway - it could have easily said "No damage modifications" or something. What if - when you move your curson on 300%, you can then go Up or Down to various damages. As Rash said, It's possible! ...I'm not just fooling myself because I want this feature am I?

Gilgamesh

BRoomer
BRoomer
Well, this option would be even more perfect with individual character settings (for example, 3 dudes with flowers on their heads teaming up against Giant Metal Fiery Bowser)

WarxePB

Smash Ace
As far as I can see, only the Bunny Hood is confirmed as an item; though it's likely that the Super Mushroom, Poison Mushroom, Metal Box and Cloaking Device will return, this image specifically says "Wear a Bunny Hood, boosting performance". The Metal option doesn't name the Metal Box, and that's the only other caption shown.

EDIT: Also, if you'll notice the Stamina options, it has "300" and "Stamina". In one of the screenshots, Mario is shown with 150 HP with the Stamina option selected. Either this means that "Stamina"=150 HP or "Stamina"=selectable HP. The latter seems more likely, as why would he put "Stamina" in place of 150?

Top Bottom