• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl Custom Song Maker GUI v1.5! Bugfixes+Volume?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roy-G-Biv

Smash Journeyman
Been using this for the past few hours with no issues (One came up with a song I was converting but I just reopened the program, did it again and it worked fine). I'm loving this ****. Thanks a ton.

I had to figure this out myself so, to anyone still having issues finding the right looping numbers, do this:

Get Audacity
Go to View, Set Selection Format. Go down to Samples (Snap To Samples)
Now import a song you want to use. Play it and stop it at the loop points you want. Click on either of the two sound channels where you stopped the song.
In the lower left of the program will be some numbers. Put those numbers into the GUI when it asks you to. Congrats, you've set your loop points.

It's annoying at first but it's plenty doable, and then you know exactly how to do it after.
They have to be divisible by 14336 last time I remembered.
So they'll round down to the nearest 14336 divisible loop point lower than what you put.

So it'll mess up a perfectly good loop.

Dai Tian

Smash Journeyman
They have to be divisible by 14336 last time I remembered.
So they'll round down to the nearest 14336 divisible loop point lower than what you put.

So it'll mess up a perfectly good loop.
Yeah, I noticed this pretty quickly afterwards. But it was time for sleep so I didn't come back to fix that haha. It's not too hard to work around though, you'll just have to check your first loop point to make sure it's divisible by 14336 and adjust the end loop point accordingly.

Dantarion

Smash Champion
I have class and don't have much time to work on this anymore :(
I'll try to get out a 2.0 final version eventually, but its not looking to good for the near future for those having trouble.

Dai Tian

Smash Journeyman
I have class and don't have much time to work on this anymore :(
I'll try to get out a 2.0 final version eventually, but its not looking to good for the near future for those having trouble.
Sucks. Hope you get some time (and motivation) to work on this sometime soon. I can't help but want some form of control over the volume, haha.

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
you put the info.pac in

x: private/wii/APP/RSBE/pf/info2/

and it's named info.pac

it only works in regular brawl.

Sasuke III

Smash Rookie
Hello I tried this tool but i'm having issues with it.
I'm using 1.5 and have NetFramework 3.5 installed.
I'm under WinXP

Here is my problem, i'm having a mp3 stereo song, i put it into the software.
I choose then to convert it to .brstm but it fails at "Decoding Left Channel"
=> Song dissapear from the queue, in the temp folder, listening to the L.wav i see that it has worked, but in fact nothing more is done:
The right channel isn't decoded and so the brstm is not encoded at all.

Any fix?
Sorry if this problem has already been solved cuz i didn't look at the whole 30 pages :(

Dantarion

Smash Champion
Hello I tried this tool but i'm having issues with it.
I'm using 1.5 and have NetFramework 3.5 installed.
I'm under WinXP

Here is my problem, i'm having a mp3 stereo song, i put it into the software.
I choose then to convert it to .brstm but it fails at "Decoding Left Channel"
=> Song dissapear from the queue, in the temp folder, listening to the L.wav i see that it has worked, but in fact nothing more is done:
The right channel isn't decoded and so the brstm is not encoded at all.

Any fix?
Sorry if this problem has already been solved cuz i didn't look at the whole 30 pages :(
Contrats, you have the weird bug only certain people have that prevents my program from working for some reason. I can't help you, but the program works for so many other people, I don't know what to say.

No, I meant regular brawl as in it doesn't work in training mode. or sse. etc.
That really belongs in the other thread, but Ill have to look at the other info_*.pac to see if they match the same pattern as the main one.

lemonadess

Smash Rookie
I followed everything as it showed in the tutorial video. After that, I put my SD card in Wii's Slot. Ran the game, tried some music in My Music option. But they're still the same. Nothing happened.

So, what do I have to do to make these musics work? Do I have to edit the ISO file or something else? (what is info.pac file?)

D.B.K.

Smash Ace
NNID
tinyfuses
I followed everything as it showed in the tutorial video. After that, I put my SD card in Wii's Slot. Ran the game, tried some music in My Music option. But they're still the same. Nothing happened.

So, what do I have to do to make these musics work? Do I have to edit the ISO file or something else? (what is info.pac file?)
Are you launching Brawl through the homebrew channel?

Dantarion

Smash Champion
info.pac is a file that can be generated to have the song titles appear during battles.

Generating one requires...
1) A songs.db file from this program
2) My other program, ALSTT

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
Are there any plans on combining the two programs, Dantarion?

EDIT: Nvm, you said it would be in the 2.0 release.

New question! When will the 2.0 release happen? A few weeks, months, end of the year?

Lactose

Smash Rookie
ok I don't know if this has been answered already, but while useing the 1.5 I can convert and everything, but when I try to add it to the sd card it asks me to replace a song, but it never shows up on the sd card. some one help.

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
depends on what song it's replacing. Look in the brawl custom music hub original posts, there's a list.

Each one is like X23.brstm, etc.

OniTheWolf

Smash Journeyman
I have a problem:

On Battlefield: One of my custom Songs that I used on Battlefield Version 2 Plays for a while, then it randomly switches to a song that I used on my main menu. Plus, it switches to that same song all the time.

On Yoshi's Island: Seems to be the only stage I have this problem with custom music, the songs become staticy.

lemonadess

Smash Rookie
I Still couldn't make it. Please someone tell me what exactly I have to put onto SD Card to play it in Brawl.

I converted some .mp3 songs to .brstm. Put it in SD Card through the BCSM-GUI.exe. I also generated the songs.db using ALSTT. And put the info.pac file onto SD Card like this:

x: private/wii/APP/RSBE/pf/info2/

It still didn't work!
It's very pity that you forgot the step-by-step guide how to make it worked!

I watched the VIDEO, did as it showed, but it didn't work.

So, please make a full guide what to put onto SD card to play custom music in Brawl.
Do I have to edit the .ISO of Brawl?

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
no, you don't have to edit the ISO.

but if your sd card is SDHC, it won't work.

and you have to name it correctly and put it in

x: private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/sound/strm/

GolfDude

Smash Rookie
im having a strange issue.. the conversion worked fine and plays fine through your program, but in the game, some of the songs crap out part way and either change songs at double speed or just stops paying after a screech noise.. the noly common part is both songs that do this are fairly long (about 4-5 mins long).. any ideas? its gotta be tiem related b/c one of my songs that wasa 1 minute long works fine and doesnt have this issue...

Grahf

Smash Apprentice
I just downloaded the 1.5 version of this and made a few brstm files out of real mp3 files of my own music collection I listen to....and yeah groovy. But I can't get them working on my Brawl. I tried replacing all of Final Destinations music with a bunch of brstms I made but they never played when I went in game.

I have a 2 Gigabyte memory SD card and this is what my file directory looks like:

SD Card(D:) > private > wii > APP > RSBE > pf > sound > strm > (all the brstms that were named BY the program in the original post listed here)

File names for the brstms are like
T01.brstm
T02.brstm
T03.brstm

etc etc...the BCSM GUI program thing named them for me but they're not playing....anyone know why?

Edit:

One last thing...is there a way to have the ingame songs named after the real song itself? So it won't say "Final Destination (Melee)" and have whatever brstm file I have play with that false title to it? I've seen it done before :x

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
um...aren't most of the songs on Final Destination W##? Anyways....

is your sd card an SDHC?

and use the any length song title tool. I'll get a link. EDIT: any length song title tool v1.2: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=242095&highlight=length

but your sd card has to not be sdhc for it to work.

basically the tool allows you to edit the titles of songs.

But don't use regular notepad, use notepad++, which is better.

EDITEDIT: and the custom titles only work in "brawl" mode. As in, they don't work in training, SSE, etc.

Grahf

Smash Apprentice
It's 2 gigs so I think it's SDSDB?

And yeah, I just picked some arbitrary file names off the list...there's W## in there too. I changed battlefield a bunch as well.

Grahf

Smash Apprentice
It's not working though :x

Do you know what could be the reason? I can take screen shots or something...

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
a lot of people seem to have problems with this...

just ask in a request thread or look in the music hub is the only other advice I can give you.

Epic Kovumon

Smash Journeyman
Question, when replacing a song, does it cut the song short to the length of the song you're replacing? Like, I replaced Battlefield > Battlefield with a song that's 5 minutes long. I loaded it with Smashbox to test it and the song was cut down to 2 minutes.

I'm pretty sure I'll probably have to reset the loop points....

Nintendo Maniac 64

Smash Apprentice
Not at all, every BRSTM file contains its looping positions within the file.

So um... I haven't been reading since page 30, but has anything been mentioned about version 1.6? I REALLY want to be able to use the gain value built into BRSTMs since the stupid loudness war is making it a pain to use modern songs in Brawl from WAY TOO LOUD volume.

Dai Tian

Smash Journeyman
So, if I replace a 2 minute BRSTM with a 5 minute MP3, the 5 minute ong will but cut down to 2 minutes?
Nah dood. Say you've got a 4 minute song and you make it into a brstm. If you set it to loop, it will play the full 4 minutes and then loop at the end of the song. The only way the song will be cut down is if you tell it to stop earlier. As far as I know you can put any length song into the tool no problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom