• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl Custom Song Maker GUI v1.5! Bugfixes+Volume?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ieyasu tokugawa

Smash Rookie
Do you have Homebrew, Gecko OS and PW's latest code? and do you have your files in the right directory?
oh man i have to have those 3? Wii Firmware 4.0 has deleted every Twilight Hack version so how do i get Homebrew and Gecko OS and PW's code if the very version of Twilight Hack has been deleted?

Kirbydreamstar1001

Smash Rookie
Ok, so I've been trying to get this working for a few hours now. And I think I'm missing something. Everything with your program is fine. Converting works, no freezing, etc. I see the songs I converted and the songs on my SD card. I have it set so the songs are in this directory: F(the SD card)/private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/sound/strm/the .brstm. Yes I have Homebrew and Gecko, and I have custom textures that work fine too when I put in my SD card. And I'm pretty sure I have the code loaded too, which is in a codes folder in the root of the SD card. I used Ocarina Cheat Code Manager so I can take the code I used (in link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vsUcVDZEos0 in the description where it shows File Patch Code v3.5.1: [Phantom Wings] - Update #3) and turn it into a .gct file. I'm pretty much stuck at this point, any help would be appreciated.

Kirbydreamstar1001

Smash Rookie
I did that on purpose. Within the strm folder are supposed to be the songs I converted, with their actually names being, for example, T01.brstm, which I'm assuming to be the song that replaces "Credits (Super Smash Bros.)" on Final Destination.

It's a forum

Smash Apprentice
I bet it's my SD card, I'm using a cheap $2 microSD card that I use with my phone. When I play certain songs I'll sometimes get static/static version of one of my other songs about 20 seconds in.
When I test the BRSTM using your tool, the songs seem fine. It's weird because only certain songs don't work. Most of my other BRSTMs worked just fine on the Wii...

Could it be a length issue? The ones that don't work are direct converts, I didn't even bother looping them to perfection. I've yet to see this happen other people's BRSTMs, only some of mine mess up.

BUT I'M ALMOST POSITIVE IT'S THE SD CARD. Any thoughts? Should I just use another SD card?

Oh and could you please add a volume check/edit.

I'd love to see how you guys set up your Winamp plug-ins to play BRSTM, I've tried all day to get the VGMSTREAM to work but haven't had any success.

krazystitch

Smash Cadet
This has probably been asked/answered before but, I have 5 custom songs so far in my game.. 3 of them work just perfectly and it's awesome. But 2 of them play the song and then, about halfway or so, they glitch up and start making static noises. Can anyone help?
Um..can anybody please answer my question?

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I'm clueless at what I need to do right now. I put my music in the GUI and converted it along with putting all the files on the SD card in the proper directory. However, the music doesn't play. I heard Phatom Wing's code helps with this, but how am I supposed to put it on the SD card?

fabianmo

Smash Apprentice
Oh, now this looks interesting. I´m gonna try it, but I have a question:
When I erase the codes after using them, the music returns to normal, right?
Because long before I had changed the music files for the different stages, but using the same music from the game, and even with no SD they are still that way lol

It's a forum

Smash Apprentice
Looks like we have the same problem. I've converted about 20 songs but every 4 or so seem to crash. It's weird because I can't see the problem until I play it on the Wii.

If only SOMEONE could help and give me their EXACT Winamp setup with the proper, up-to-date VGMSTREAM plug-in, I might be able to catch it. I believe when the song is played using this tool, it's playing the version on your C: drive and not the copy from your SD card.

I bet it's just the SD card. Are you using a MicroSD card with a converter? I'm too lazy to copy my B+ setup onto my digital camera's SD card.

Dantarion

Smash Champion
I'm clueless at what I need to do right now. I put my music in the GUI and converted it along with putting all the files on the SD card in the proper directory. However, the music doesn't play. I heard Phatom Wing's code helps with this, but how am I supposed to put it on the SD card?
You need to look up how to use GeckoOS to load codes.

Its probably the SD card, or a bad copy, I don't think its the program itself though.

Oh, now this looks interesting. I´m gonna try it, but I have a question:
When I erase the codes after using them, the music returns to normal, right?
Because long before I had changed the music files for the different stages, but using the same music from the game, and even with no SD they are still that way lol
Thats a different music code, that one works by modifying your save file. If you do have music switched that way, you will need to either reset your my music back to normal by using a special code, or you will have to replace the swapped songs.

So, if you replaced Final Destination with Bramble Blast with the music swap, you actually need to replace Bramble Blast in my tool to get it to play in Final Destinations place.

Looks like we have the same problem. I've converted about 20 songs but every 4 or so seem to crash. It's weird because I can't see the problem until I play it on the Wii.
Theres a version of vgmstream that dumps .brstm into .wav included with the program, if you can figure out how to use it.

are there any plans or any way to support surround sound tracks? like 5.1 or 7.1?
No, no, no, no, WHYYY would you even want that, does the wii even support that, and how much surround sound music do you have?

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
Hello, I have encountered a problem, whenever I am adding a song to be converted into an brstm, I get an error saying the file cannot be found and here is what I got when I clicked on Advance.

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception: The system cannot find the file specified
at System.Diagnostics.Process.StartWithCreateProcess(ProcessStartInfo startInfo)
at System.Diagnostics.Process.Start()
at System.Diagnostics.Process.Start(ProcessStartInfo startInfo)
at BCSM_GUI.Util.commandLine(String app, String arguements)
at BCSM_GUI.Util.GetSongData(String filename)
at BCSM_GUI.QueuedFile..ctor(String fname)
at BCSM_GUI.AddForm.toolStripButton1_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.RaiseEvent(Object key, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripButton.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEventInteractive(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEvent(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.3082 (QFE.050727-3000)
CodeBase: file:///c:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
BCSM-GUI
Assembly Version: 1.5.0.0
Win32 Version: n/a
CodeBase: file:///C:/DOCUME~1/ADMINI~1/LOCALS~1/Temp/Rar$EX00.453/BCSM-GUI.exe
System.Windows.Forms
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.3053 (netfxsp.050727-3000)
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Drawing
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System.Data
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_32/System.Data/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Data.dll
System.Xml
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.3082 (QFE.050727-3000)
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
System.Data.DataSetExtensions
Assembly Version: 3.5.0.0
Win32 Version: 3.5.30729.1 built by: SP
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Data.DataSetExtensions/3.5.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Data.DataSetExtensions.dll
System.Core
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/3.5.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
System.Configuration
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

Dantarion

Smash Champion
For some reason the program can't seem to find the files that came with it.
In this example it can't find sox.exe.

Are you running the program without extracting it?
Are you running it from a shortcut that is messing with the current directory?

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
For some reason the program can't seem to find the files that came with it.
In this example it can't find sox.exe.

Are you running the program without extracting it?
Are you running it from a shortcut that is messing with the current directory?
I might be, I really don't know how to use WinRAR but I have been able to use it before when it was in its WinRAR folder.

Edit: I extracted the files to a folder in My Documents, it works now, thanks and also, love your program.

OniTheWolf

Smash Journeyman
I lost all of my music files when trying to clean up my SD card (lol...) and I converted almost ALL of my 22 songs back. When I played them on the wii, they are fine, but about 1/4 or half way through the song, it crashes, and I can no longer hear the music, instead I hear static. I can still play, except I can't hear my custom song :(. I am using an older version of this program (like the one that had just allowed me to change sound effects, v1.2 I believe), but I have never had this problem before :( once, this happened, and it switched over to a song I had on another stage :(

Dantarion

Smash Champion
Hm..a lot of people are reporting this...
Although I have yet to experience it.

Since I don't experience it, I have nothing to go by.

Xpwnage123

Smash Cadet
Is it possible to replace a character's SFX effects, I.E. Ganon's Growl's growls. Or is it possible to replace the general SFX effects like Hitting Sound, Coin Sound, etc.?

Isatis

If specified, this will repl[0x00000000]ce the
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
NinjaLink said he was testing around, and if you were getting static, then its the SD card that you're using, not his program. Although this was a month or two ago.

OniTheWolf

Smash Journeyman
NinjaLink said he was testing around, and if you were getting static, then its the SD card that you're using, not his program. Although this was a month or two ago.
Hmm...I have never had this problem before though, until yesterday when I was installing new music in place of the ones that got deleted. So IDK if it's my SD card.

Kid Nino

Smash Cadet
Well, call me dumb but I've seen all the video tutorials and I'm able to convert a song of mine to the BTRSM form. So it's in my library. I then try to set it to FD's FD song. And it says it's in the SD card. However, when I play it in the game it's unchanged. Can anyone tell me whats wrong?

PanzerOceania

Smash Ace
You need to look up how to use GeckoOS to load codes.

(about multi-channel support)

No, no, no, no, WHYYY would you even want that, does the wii even support that, and how much surround sound music do you have?
relax it was just a question :)

I looked it up and it is and isn't possbile, it is, but the wii doesn't have anything but stereo out, so no it's not really possible because the wii has no way of outputing the signal, the gamecube could, but the wii can't talk about weak sauce.

anyways, as to why I would want it. It's surround sound, what's not to want :)

cookieM0Nster

Smash Champion
Thank you forr mentioning me in the first post ;)

And, instead of wasting time that I do not have, I am wondering if you can use this with a Mac. I don't want to explain, it will take forever. :/

I'm asking for my friend. Because I have a PC.

PanzerOceania

Smash Ace
would it be possible to show the loop counter in minutes:seconds:milliseconds as well as the cycles or whatever it currently is, it would be a lot easier to edit this way.

PanzerOceania

Smash Ace
^ This.

and what is it in right now anyway? milliseconds?
it's not milliseconds, or any derivitive of seconds that I can tell, it seems to be frames of data or CPU clock cycles or something, it can be converted but it makes the process a bit more tedious and less user friendly.

One advantage to the current number systems is you can be very exact, but it'd be nice to have seconds with milliseconds AND the numbering system that is already there so you could have the best of both worlds, and have them labelled.

I LOVE the program though, so don't get me wrong, I'm just trying to help make it better :)

kudos to all you have already accomplished.

Dantarion

Smash Champion
You have to use some kind of external tool to find the sample loop $'s anyway, just use that to determine whatever number you need to enter. The game can't loop to points inbetween samples anyway, so theres no point in using any measurement other than samples for the looping.

PanzerOceania

Smash Ace
You have to use some kind of external tool to find the sample loop $'s anyway, just use that to determine whatever number you need to enter. The game can't loop to points inbetween samples anyway, so theres no point in using any measurement other than samples for the looping.
true, even still it'd be nice if it told you how much time that sample was at, so you could only edit in samples, but be able to see how much time that equaled right there, I'm sure it would help a lot of people understand it better.

NNID
Kid Craft 24
3DS FC
3823-8516-6187
I can't seem too put any song son my SD card anymore. it just stops working I've tried the older versions as well and they do the same thing. The music gets all fuzzy and screechy. That or the music freezes my wii. IDK what the problem is i reinstalled net.framework 3.5 as well.

NNID
Kid Craft 24
3DS FC
3823-8516-6187
I also got this error even when i had nothing else open

System.IO.IOException: The process cannot access the file 'C:\Users\Jacob\Desktop\GUI\songs.db' because it is being used by another process.
at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy)
at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options)
at BCSM_GUI.Util.exportSongsDB(String filename)
at BCSM_GUI.MainForm.MainForm_FormClosed(Object sender, FormClosedEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnFormClosed(FormClosedEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WmClose(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

mscorlib
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.4016 (NetFxQFE.050727-4000)
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
BCSM-GUI
Win32 Version: 1.5.0.0
CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Jacob/Desktop/GUI/BCSM-GUI.exe
System.Windows.Forms
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Drawing
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System.Data
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_32/System.Data/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Data.dll
System.Xml
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Data.DataSetExtensions/3.5.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Data.DataSetExtensions.dll
System.Core
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/3.5.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
System.Configuration
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll

enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
</configuration>

Other then that i get this error

************** Exception Text **************
System.Data.StrongTypingException: The value for column 'Display Name' in table 'SDLibrary' is DBNull. ---> System.InvalidCastException: Unable to cast object of type 'System.DBNull' to type 'System.String'.
at BCSM_GUI.Data.SDLibraryRow.get_Display_Name()
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at BCSM_GUI.Data.SDLibraryRow.get_Display_Name()
at BCSM_GUI.Util.exportSongsDB(String filename)
at BCSM_GUI.MainForm.MainForm_FormClosed(Object sender, FormClosedEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnFormClosed(FormClosedEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WmClose(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)

mscorlib
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
BCSM-GUI
Win32 Version: 1.5.0.0
CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Jacob/Desktop/GUI/BCSM-GUI.exe
System.Windows.Forms
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Drawing
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System.Data
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_32/System.Data/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Data.dll
System.Xml
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Data.DataSetExtensions/3.5.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Data.DataSetExtensions.dll
System.Core
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/3.5.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
System.Configuration
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll

enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
</configuration>

Dai Tian

Smash Journeyman
Been using this for the past few hours with no issues (One came up with a song I was converting but I just reopened the program, did it again and it worked fine). I'm loving this ****. Thanks a ton.

I had to figure this out myself so, to anyone still having issues finding the right looping numbers, do this:

Get Audacity
Go to View, Set Selection Format. Go down to Samples (Snap To Samples)
Now import a song you want to use. Play it and stop it at the loop points you want. Click on either of the two sound channels where you stopped the song.
In the lower left of the program will be some numbers. Put those numbers into the GUI when it asks you to. Congrats, you've set your loop points.

It's annoying at first but it's plenty doable, and then you know exactly how to do it after.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom