• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Bowser's Castle

Calm_Animal

Smash Cadet
NNID
Calm_Animal
Hey, just asking if i do some recording, where put the recording so i can get tips on how i'm doing playing bowser in smash 4. Cause i have a big problem against link, and megaman, but i was starting to get better at the bowser vs megaman mu, i played a really good megaman yesterday. I was getting beat up the first six games, but then i started winnning, after that tho.

Mr. Bones

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Bones-kun
3DS FC
3797-8360-5628
Yes. I'll be ready in about 15 minutes if you don't mind waiting? What's your FC? Mine's 3797-8360-5628. Also, I only have the 3DS version.

Gameboi834

Smash Lord
NNID
Gameboi834
hi my name is Gameboi834 and sometimes i use bowser to **** with people

Hitman JT

The Infinite One
NNID
JT.Hitman
3DS FC
1435-5432-6684
Yo. I hang around these parts but never really said "hi" or anything. So hi.

When I was about knee-high to a chimpanzee I played the **** out of Smash 64. Go to school. Come home. Smash. Beat all my friends. Repeat. Then Melee happened, and Bowser was announced as a newcomer. Now I've always been a fan of the Mario games and Bowser as a villain because he's brash, arrogant, gives no damns, does whatever the **** he feels like, conquers galaxies, and literally BECOMES A GOD. So I was excited to play as him in Melee...but I really hated how he played. Fast-forward to Brawl, it took a while before I tapped into him but he ended up being much more fun to play as than in Melee despite Brawl being....well....yeah. My main ended up being Diddy though, because screw chaingrabs. Now with CGs gone and Bowser feeling more like how I wanted him to feel back in Melee, I'm playing the hell out of this guy. And I'm aiming to be the best in the U.S. the world with him.

tl;dr - I've waited 13 years to use this ***hole.

Last edited:

Mr. Bones

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Bones-kun
3DS FC
3797-8360-5628
Yo. I hang around these parts but never really said "hi" or anything. So hi.

When I was about knee-high to a chimpanzee I played the **** out of Smash 64. Go to school. Come home. Smash. Beat all my friends. Repeat. Then Melee happened, and Bowser was announced as a newcomer. Now I've always been a fan of the Mario games and Bowser as a villain because he's brash, arrogant, gives no damns, does whatever the **** he feels like, and conquers galaxies and ****. So I was excited to play as him in Melee...but I really hated how he played. Fast-forward to Brawl, it took a while before I tapped into him but he ended up being much more fun to play as than in Melee despite Brawl being....well....yeah. My main ended up being Diddy though, because screw chaingrabs. Now with CGs gone and Bowser feeling more like how I wanted him to feel back in Melee, I'm playing the hell out of this guy. And I'm aiming to be the best in the U.S. the world with him.

tl;dr - I've waited 13 years to use this ***hole.
;o But I'm already going to be the best in the world.

Jokes aside, fight me. Pls. The guy I ended up fighting last night didn't make my blood boil hot enough. I have the 3DS version so...>__> Yeah.

Dumbfire

Sex? Yes, I'm familiar with the theory
NNID
AncientSunlight
My copy of the game has arrived! Hail to Europe! I'll be in my bunk; see you guys on Monday.

Hitman JT

The Infinite One
NNID
JT.Hitman
3DS FC
1435-5432-6684
;o But I'm already going to be the best in the world.

Jokes aside, fight me. Pls. The guy I ended up fighting last night didn't make my blood boil hot enough. I have the 3DS version so...>__> Yeah.
Heh. 3DS version is all I have as well until someone decides to be nice enough to drop a Weeyoo on my doorstep. My FC is 1435-5432-6684

B!squick

Smash Master
No no, I'M going to be King of the Pirates!... wait...

Found something odd in my journey to find other good pivot grabs (Peach, DK, Link, and Zelda so far have notable pivot grabs, Peach's being the most surprisingly good). If you grab with ZSS right after dashing, but not while running, she gets this additional boost that moves her about as far as ANOTHER dash. It's quite jarring and means she probably has the longest grab in the game.

HairyFatLord

Smash Rookie
Play under the name beefy, haven't really played smash as anything but a FFA with friends, but figured I'd **** around in FG mode a bit, might play some people.

Dumbfire

NNID
AncientSunlight
Well, I've finally unlocked all characters and stages. I must unlearn constantly using klaw, which is painful; but at least Bowser is great otherwise. I love his pivot grab.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
How's Wii U treating everyone? Between work and Thanksgiving I really haven't played much. Will be going to a large tournament this Sat.

TheGreatShal

Smash Cadet
How's Wii U treating everyone? Between work and Thanksgiving I really haven't played much. Will be going to a large tournament this Sat.
I love it so far. For Glory isn't one of my favorite modes though, but that's just because Im bad at it haha.

Anywho, Im Shal in case you were wondering! :)

Last edited:

B!squick

Smash Master
I've.... been playing DA:I. :X I don't have anyone to play with for the most part and after doing so many challenges and high scores for the 3DS version I haven't felt much like doing the same for the Wii U versioni so..... pffff...

Also I've been liking Bowser less the more I play him, so I kinda wanna reminisce. Remember when Klaw had a hitbox that didn't need to be measured at the atomic level. That sort of thing.

Mr. Bones

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Bones-kun
3DS FC
3797-8360-5628
Also I've been liking Bowser less the more I play him, so I kinda wanna reminisce. Remember when Klaw had a hitbox that didn't need to be measured at the atomic level. That sort of thing.
Oddly enough, I feel the opposite way. I'm liking him more and more.

I know your feel for Klaw though. It's still not too bad once you get used to it...

...as long as you're in the lead. <3

UltimaLuminaire

NNID
UltimaLuminaire
I've.... been playing DA:I. :X I don't have anyone to play with for the most part and after doing so many challenges and high scores for the 3DS version I haven't felt much like doing the same for the Wii U versioni so..... pffff...

I'm having too much fun pivot grabbing Captain Falcon out of his everything. Also, grounded bomb punishes are such a dream come true that I don't want to wake up. ;)

@ B!squick B!squick Infinite klaw hopping tho.

Last edited:

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
You mean the first punch drawing you in to Bowser? Yeah I miss it too. Would guarantee more Klaws and Bombs for sure.
That and jab's range. Jab was absolutely Bowser's most important move in Brawl. Now that his jab has less range and the first jab doesn't draw opponents in, jab cancelling just isn't as good with Bowser as it was in Brawl.

B!squick

Smash Master
I think it does still knock toward Bowser, just at an oddly specific range. Like 2/3 of the way down his arm near the wrist? Not sure, haven't turned on the game in a bit. I've put in about 60 hours of Dragon Age so far already.

MagiusNecros

Smash Master
I think it does still knock toward Bowser, just at an oddly specific range. Like 2/3 of the way down his arm near the wrist? Not sure, haven't turned on the game in a bit. I've put in about 60 hours of Dragon Age so far already.
Nah always seems to push them away for me. DK and DeDeDe both draw opponents toward them in their jabs.

MrEh

Smash Hero
If new FSmash has more than one hitbox, I haven't noticed it.
It does. If you don't hit them with the dropkick itself but you kind of "fall" onto them with Bowser's legs, it's weaker in damage and does less knockback.

I miss Klaw a ton but miss jab even more.

jab cancelling just isn't as good with Bowser as it was in Brawl.
On the flipside, the frame advantage is bigger than it was in Brawl. At least that makes Jab Bomb less fraudulent. lol

Phiddlesticks

Smash Lord
hello, i am new around these parts and i hope to be using this bowser character once i get the game and a wii u and a gamecube controller adapter

nice to meet you everyone :seuss:

Cassius.

you're deadMEAT.
NNID
CVSSIUS
3DS FC
3239-3108-0529
geoff is back

my life is back to normal...or would be if I wasn't taking finals

in other news, when I get money I'll probably switch my SWF name since I've been using a completely different tag for like 2 months now in everything lol. The only thing I haven't done yet is actually enter a Smash tournament with the name, but leave it to me to probably forget and enter as Limit again anyway.

UltimaLuminaire

NNID
UltimaLuminaire
geoff is back

my life is back to normal...or would be if I wasn't taking finals

in other news, when I get money I'll probably switch my SWF name since I've been using a completely different tag for like 2 months now in everything lol. The only thing I haven't done yet is actually enter a Smash tournament with the name, but leave it to me to probably forget and enter as Limit again anyway.
Your youtube is lonely. Good luck with school and hope to hear more from you in future tournaments.

Cassius.

you're deadMEAT.
NNID
CVSSIUS
3DS FC
3239-3108-0529
I had no idea people actually still kept up with my YT account, especially Bowser players since I haven't uploaded a Smash video in a while haha

There are Sunday locals in Chinatown NYC that I'll be going often to when I head back next Friday, though. That'll probably be my first Smash 4 tournament, although the last tournament I was at was about a month ago. Didn't enter Smash 4 there though because I wasn't fond of the rule set or the stage list

Last edited:

UltimaLuminaire

NNID
UltimaLuminaire
@ Cassius. Cassius. I only remember it exists because it's the only channel that has a Haganai character in it. All the other channels moved on to whatever recent LN -> animu hype. Even if you've changed it to Cassius, which confused the heck out of me at first, I eventually remember.

B!squick

Smash Master
Oh yeah, I vaguely remember that landing hitbox now. Still not a combo though. :(

So are you going to use Limiter Removal on yourself, Limit?:awesome:

/yu gi oh jokes

Last edited:

Dumbfire

NNID
AncientSunlight
I wish the new Yu-gi-oh was watchable, and not about carnival, riding hippos and grabbing cards.

Good to see Limit back, though!

OF 'til I OD

More vibes, please.
3DS FC
3797-8618-3772
Switch FC
SW-4939-9118-0296
Friend, I don't much like dogs. They're okay, now. But when I was in kindergarten, my neighbors dog would literally chase me home from the bus stop all the way to my house. Felt bad, man.

Top Bottom