• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BOTM II [1] - Wave? vs. UltiMario!

Who should be the first competitor?

• Supermarth

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Pink Reaper

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • ChiboSempai

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Umbreon

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • Terywj

Votes: 6 37.5%
  • Zook

Votes: 6 37.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Thanks for the summary, Annoying, well written. :)

I'm still waiting for Writer. :p

I'll try to get in contact with Mow this week and hopefully setup something for Saturday. I'll let you guys know.

-Terywj

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
I vote that for the first week after we have the server up and stable w/ SmashCAP on it, we make things a SmashCAP battle.

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero
I would have fun trying UU.

I think it would be relatively fun for me to try to figure out, personally. :)

aka

when it's UU week vote for me (and obviously silentverse) =D

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792
Thanks for the summary, Annoying, well written. :)

I'm still waiting for Writer. :p

-Terywj
I regret to inform you that I have tried and tried and tried to write this dang thing, but I just can't do it. I'm sorry that I waited until two other BoTWs have gotten over with and everything else before finally telling you this, but I honestly CANNOT write this thing. I don't even know why I can't. It just...doesn't work with me or something. It doesn't compute whenever I go to write it. I even have the ****ing battle right in front of me, with every bit of conceivable information that I would need to write it, but I seriously just can't. I get a case of Writer's block. So I'm sorry, but I'll have to take myself off the role of BoTW 1 summary writer.

I could write myself out of a ****ing nuclear holocaust if I were to ever need to do so, but I couldn't write a summary of a Pokemon battle.

Also, I guess this is as good a post as any. This post will probably be even better for what I'm about to say, actually, considering the above content. I'm taking a hiatus from the PC/SWF for a while. Not sure how long 'a while' is, but I essentially have decided that I need to mix up my life a bit. Sooo...I'm shifting what I used to do in my routine and am doing other things. I'll still play Pokemon though, because Riddle won't let me stop. So if I do happen to be nom'd/voted for in this thing, I'll still do it. Someone just needs to tell me and I'll come in and set up a time. :)

Guaranteed next post: Ubers week.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Yeah but SV would still **** you in UU.

No offense or anything.

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792
Not right now.
He needs to get better at shoddy first
That could take a while.

Not an insult or anything. I'm just saying that depending on how much he plays and studies, that really could take a while.

He best be prepared to bust out the calcs and study teams/warstories if he wants to have any chance of being decent quickly though.

Wrath`

Smash Master
UU is my favorite and best, I hope I can participate in one of the UU battles, I shall show off my sexy Vigoroth

I didn't read the log, but why was roach not good?

SilentVerse

Smash Journeyman
Well, he got 4-0'd for starters...

He didn't pack a fire type in NU, which is easily an idiotic idea.

He attempted to kill a Gligar with Bite from Persian...

He EQ'd a Charizard with Sandslash.

Yeah, I think that sums up a lot already.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
He didn't pack Fire/Fire/Fire/Quagsire/Filler/Filler

Thats why he lost.

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero
He didn't pack Fire/Fire/Fire/Slowking/Filler/Filler

Thats why he lost.
fixed for ya =D

NU is a trash metagame though, seriously. Rocks up nerfs 3/4ths of the whole **** tier, and you have to try to spinblock with things like dusclops and sableye.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
He packed Slowking.

He lost.

Quagsire >>> Slowking.

Water Absorb pointed against those Fires.
Has EQ and Waterfall STAB.
Has Recover.
Has Yawn and Toxic for Status conditions.

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaah

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero
but slowking is a better mixed fire wall in NU than quagsire.

It also serves as a nice check for choiced espeon if you're careless with skuntank and it has the type resistances which allow it to better deal with medicham and other frequently scarfed fighters like primeape which can run right through NU. It has the strength to deal with other, generic special threats as well like specs glaceon assuming you don't walk straight into a signal beam/shadow ball.

Getting a hit in NU>spreading toxic unless you're subroost articuno. Not being ohko'ed by anything with hidden power grass>getting ***** by anything with any grass move ever. It has significant 100 base spatk which is pretty **** good in NU..

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Except Slowking and Quagsire are hardly walling Fires, because you can always be TBolted or HP Grassed.

They're there to wall waters that try to kill your fires. Quagsire does that 100x better.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Save the date. Sunday (4/18) @ around 7:00-7:30 PM Eastern is when Week 4 will be held.

- Summary-writer?
- Writer's summary?

Alright, and here's the official week listing for until Week 10. Official meaning until I forget about it, haha.

Week 4 - OverUsed
Week 5 - UnderUsed
Week 6 - Ubers
Week 7 - OverUsed
Week 8 - Mixed
Week 9 - OverUsed
Week 10 - Little Cup

-Terywj

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
If by Week 7 the server is up and running and things are on it can we have it changed to CAP, and if not, week 9?

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Well see the thing is if by Week 7 or even any other week our server is up and running, we'll only have 2 SmashCAPs to choose from. I guess it would affect it differently, but we'll see who things go before making that judgement.

-Terywj

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792
Save the date. Sunday (4/18) @ around 7:00-7:30 PM Eastern is when Week 4 will be held.

- Summary-writer?
- Writer's summary?

-Terywj
I posted about it on the last page (assuming you're using default), if what you're saying involves me possibly doing the summary. And if you did see it, then I'm not entirely sure what this post means?

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
My bad, my head hurts and I've clearly overlooked that.

If so, is there anyone who would like the write the BOTW Week 1 summary? If no then I'll make my best attempt at doing so.

And I still need a volunteer for Week 4's summary. :)

-Terywj

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Um...The Wrath of Koarin posted on my profile that he'd write the summary, and he posted earlier than you so if it's okay with you, Riddle.

Still no-one for Week 1's summary?

-Terywj

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Bump.

So at the time of this post I'm dying of sickness, and I have a huge dinner coming up. I can't find Umbreon on AIM, so I have no idea how this is going to go down.

I apologize, guys.

-Terywj

Top Bottom