• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Boss Battles on Intense discussion.

shinato91

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, I have watched that video a thousand times but is very hard, stupid ridleys, stupid duon, stupid galleom and STUPID STUPID RAYQUAZA, I have tried with charizard, metaknight, fox, toon link and NOTHING!!! I'm getting tired of this, someone must find an easier way... thanks anyway jeff, I guess I'll try later

Jeff Highwind

Smash Ace
Just keep practicing is all I can say, Earlier this week I couldnt get past the 4th boss in intense with Snake but now I am consistently getting to Tabuu despite him toying with me. You need to actually encounter all the bosses multiple times to learn their attack patterns and habits. Also you have to compensate for the buff bosses get after killing the 5th boss.

Jeff Highwind

Smash Ace
All I wanna know is did he edit Yell "Dead Cell" into the vid? Cause if you can change the music for boss battles that would be awesome.

shinato91

Smash Apprentice
I don't think you can change the music, however I left a question there, I think he will answer soon...

Edit:
He answered, it's edited.

Jeff Highwind

Smash Ace
Man, I'm starting to see why people are getting frustrated at Tabuu's RRoD's. Every time I die to them it's because I always sidestep too early on the first one, and I've gotten to him 4 times today with Snake.

Young_Link808

Smash Apprentice
shinato dont worry when you keep trynig ull get there thats what i did before i couldn't even do boss battles on hard.

when i beat them all except intense i always felt like giving up becuase i used fox then charizard then meta knight then toon link then charizard again and after all that experience i beat it just dont give up

goodoldganon

Smash Champion
so funny story... (it's actually not)

I was fighting Taboo and he needed 3-4 more b-airs from my DK and he does his 'Golden Gate' attack. I move to the right to get into a good position. Just like 1 or 2 steps, and I trip. Needless to say the attack catches me and I get rocked and die. It's a good thing the TV is my roommates or there wouldn't be one anymore.

The_Smash_Champ

Banned via Warnings
I got 9 with Lucas, masterhand can heal you X[) and so can the 2 robots on the wheels, so you actually get extra health. I always die stupidly, i personally find porky the most challenging, the rest of them are easy to beat.

shinato91

Smash Apprentice
Congratulations Jeff, I'm getting better, at least I can get farther, I reached Tabuu once but he killed me with his stupid waves, anyway, I don't get angry anymore, I got used to it...

Sir Bedevere

Smash Lord
I have 3 strategies I use, relatively simply, all involving the same one or two attacks, and one that's relatively untested.

1.Meta Knight: Pretty much the same as all the other Meta strats, though I find I use Uair a lot more than my nairs. I've been able to get to the 9th boss, and BOTH times it was Duon. >_> The last time I made it I was doing exceedingly well. I had lived enough that I had saved two hearts to the end, and used one before Duon. I was off to an OK start, had acquired about 50% by the time he was 75% dead, and then he launches missiles at me. I try to hop on top off him and make the missiles hit him, but they hit me instead. No, this is not what killed me. It sent me flying back behind him, and I DId to the ledge. However, before I reached it, I saw him starting up his spin attack, and let myself fall below. Then I jump, and I realize I'm out of jumps. In a panic, I use my Up-B, but as I was facing away from the ledge, I miss and glide towards my doom. Simply Mach Tornadoing would have saved me the endless hours of pain that are to come as I attempt this again. I SO could have beat him, ARGHHHH!!!!

2.Yoshi- Heh, I beat Very Hard Mode using Yoshi's dair, and a few Egg tosses on Meta Ridley. The dair works for pretty much everyone, though I find that Yoshi has a tough time on Petey. He can't stay in the air long enough to survive a cage swipe. I tried him on Intense for awhile, gave up and reverted to Meta.

3. Peach- Probably the simplest strategy there is, you simply Peach Bomb the crap out of every boss. The reason this is so effective is, you can go whole periods of time without having to land, as her Bomber makes you rise up into the air, which destroys a lot of the moves of most characters.I went up against Petey Pirahna with 140% and left untouched. I never touched the ground. (well, I was on the ground when the match started, but w/e, lol) For bosses like Meta Ridley that are in constant motion, I simply float and uair them to death. I have yet to beat Very Hard or intense with her with this, but then again, I have only tried maybe 3 or 4 times. I'll test this out more sometime tomorrow.

po pimpus

Smash Ace
Yeah! I finally got it yesterday morning using Charizard. Rock Smash just does a ridiculous amount of damage if sweetspotted. After that, it's merely a game of recognizing the patterns to know when it's safe to attack or when you need to retreat.

Tabuu was nothing to me this time, either. After a couple of attacks he went to the Rings of Doom, I dodged all of them, and then whooped him before he could pull off another wave of attacks.

It's really awesome to pull this off... Now I'm off to Homerun Contest to try and get some high scores.

blueblurr

Smash Rookie
call me a no0b, but i'm havin trouble on the double greaps in sea of clouds on intense. any suggestions?

shinato91

Smash Apprentice
YAY!!! I DID IT WITH CHARIZARD!!! I'm so happy, in the last attacks I was very nervous, he made me a lot of damage with the laser eyes but he died before he could finish his attack, now I'M FREEEEEEE!!!

CKRikou

Smash Rookie
Hey, for all you kids having trouble with this, use Toon Link and just dair hop on most bosses.
For the Hands, just continually spam nairs and they'll be dead in no time. As a rule of thumb, don't use a heart if you're going to fight a hand next, because if you die then it's completely your fault.
Uhh, yeah, that should last you to getting to Tabuu, and from there just take your time and follow his patterns up with lots TL's good damaging aerials.

The Man In Green

Smash Rookie
I managed to do it this morning with Game and Watch. Im so glad I got this challenge out of the way so I can focus on the time-consuming ones.

m4dcow

Smash Rookie
2.Yoshi- Heh, I beat Very Hard Mode using Yoshi's dair, and a few Egg tosses on Meta Ridley. The dair works for pretty much everyone, though I find that Yoshi has a tough time on Petey. He can't stay in the air long enough to survive a cage swipe. I tried him on Intense for awhile, gave up and reverted to Meta.
I just beat this with yoshi on intense today. Petey is is really easy to get through without damage even at the highest level.
Forget using his dair for petey. Instead choose a cage and start doing his down b in the air, so when u come down u will hit petey and the cage you're aiming for, also try to time it so that you come down on the cage when he is dragging it back. Do a double jump and if petey doesn't jump you can hit it with a nair on the way up and down b again when the cage is in position. When he jumps, u can hit the cage above you with an uair and then down b when he drops down, if you have timed it wrong and are too low you can egg toss to stall yourself and then down b onto the cage.

It takes a bit longer than going psycho on petey, but it is proven, almost like getting a heart. I will usually quit if i get petey first, i want him in the middle or to the end.

Hope it helps

Zevox

Smash Lord
I did it with Lucas the other day. A breakdown of my strategy:

Vs Master Hand: If you have trouble here, I can't help you. We've had 3 games to learn this guy's moves, and they haven't changed in any significant way, so dodge/shield them as you always would. Just use aerials, especially dairs, when hes not attacking. Best part is that his bullet shots can be PSI Magnet absorbed, so you can use his fight as free healing - just dodge his other attacks until he does that one, pull up the magnet, and watch the damage evaporate.

Vs Crazy Hand: A slightly more erratic Master Hand, but without the free-healing bullet move. A pity. Same basic idea as with his sibling, plus toss in PK projectiles when he does his bomb drop and trashing moves.

Petey Pirranah: Easy. First off, attacking an individual cage seems to do more damage than attacking his body, so pick one and keep hitting it. After the opening part, he sticks to one side or the other of the stage, so stick to the center, just out of his reach, moving as needed to avoid him when he jumps. PK Freeze when your target cage is on the far side from you, and dair/nair when it is on your side and Petey is in between swings. Should be able to take him down with no damage this way.

Ridley: Also easy. PK Freeze is good against him. Play defensively and dodge his charges, then blast him with Freeze between them. When he drags his tail along the ground, double jumping can get you a quick aerial in while he passes you by (I'd suggest dair or nair).

Meta Ridley: Keep in the air by him as much as possible to dodge his moves that slam on the Blue Falcon. Dair spam, with other aerials tossed in to help with stale move negation. When he grabs the ship to drag it down and shoot fireballs on the way, walk up to him and fsmash once or twice and he'll abort the attack. When he uses his fireball flurry, just keep in the air behind his head, hitting him all the way, and they'll never touch you. There was a video posted earlier in this thread that shows this tactic in action.

Duon: Play defensively and dodge his attacks. Keep a distance against most of his moves - the few projectiles he uses are easy to dodge, except the purple energy bolts, and those you can absorb with PSI Magnet. Otherwise he relies on jumps you'd need to be asleep to get hit with, and charges you can jump over or dodge. Toss out a PK Freeze after each of his attack sequences and abuse his absorbable attack for healing. If you want to shorten the fight, move in for some aerial attacks, but be careful, since this can give him the opportunity to use dangerous close-range attacks. You can also trick his guided missiles into hitting him, as the Dojo mentions, which can shorten the fight significantly.

Rayquaza: Your down tilt is your best weapon here. His attacks are quick though, so be careful not to get too caught up spamming it. Play defensively, find a rythym for how many down tilts you can safely get in between his attacks, then put a little distance between yourself and him and prepare to jump over or dodge his attacks, then return to down tilts. Dairs also work fairly well, if stale move negation starts to hit too hard. Also, you can get in a quick smash when he is popping up out of the ground, as the Dojo indicates. Warning: do not try to absorb his energy attacks, PSI Magnet will not work against them.

Porkey: Probably the boss I had the most trouble with long-term. Hes mobile, and neither PK Freeze nor PK Fire are terribly effective against him, so projectile spam isn't going to do it. Dair and dsmash seem to work best, but be careful of those legs, and don't get so caught up in attacking that one of his charges hits you, or you will regret it. His mini-bombs should be easy to avoid. The lightning bolts he sends your way you should try to air dodge or roll against - I haven't found a way to avoid them entirely, but minimizing their effect works nicely. When he jumps into the air, just run from side to side, and make sure you're not in his spotlight when he drops his lightning bolts.

Galleom: Another pain-in-the-*** boss for me. He seems to be vulnerable to ice moves, and this holds true for PK Freeze, so toss them his way whenever you can. Otherwise, basic aerials are also good, particularly fair and dair. Play very defensively though, as any hits from him are dangerous, and be especially careful to avoid his uppercut punch. Vs his jumps, air dodges work well. Vs his spin and body slam attacks, back away and punish him with PK Freeze. When he fires his rockets, rush into point-blank range to avoid them, and smack him with an aerial or some tilts while you're there. When he goes into tank mode, watch for a second to see if he deploys rocket launchers - if he doesn't, jump over him to avoid his charge; if he does, get in close and use dodges to avoid them.

Tabuu: If you beat him in SSE on hard or above, you can definitely beat him here. The main thing to watch out for is, of course, his Red Rings of Death - they're still instant doom if you get hit by them. Spot-dodge those, and you should be golden just by evading his other moves and tossing aerials his way between attacks, PK Freeze/Thunder when he does a move that leaves him vulnerable (for instance, when he does his close-range finger-slashing move and you manage to get behind him), and when he does his eye-beam attack get up next to his face and punish him with fsmashes.

General Tips: As if I didn't say it enough before, play defensively! This is an endurance test - get in a few hits, wait for the boss' attack to make sure you're able to dodge it, then resume attacking after you do so. Don't go all out hoping to end the fight as quickly as possible. PK Thunder may be tempting to spam, as it is an effective weapon against many bosses, but don't - it leaves Lucas too vulnerable. It can be a good finisher when they're at low hp, though. For heart containers, all I can say is use 'em when you need 'em, treat the Master Hand fight as an extra one, and try to save one for just before Tabuu, so that you have room to make errors against him if need be.

Hope this helps someone.

Edit: You know, looking back on it, I'm beginning to suspect that each boss may have weaknesses and resistances to a specific types of attacks. I know that PK Freeze seemed to do unusually large amounts of damage to Galleom, and when I did the Ice Climbers on easy, he absolutely melted to their Blizzard attack, far quicker than is normal even on that mode. Meanwhile, Rayquaza and Petey seemed abnormally resistant to PK Freeze, and Rayquaza in particular seemed to take less damage from all of Lucas' attacks than the other bosses did, except for down tilt only, which is different from the others in that it doesn't have Psi hexagons attached to it. Perhaps each boss is vulnerable to one of the different attack types that the stickers list - cold, electric, energy, slashing, bludgeoning, etc etc. That would explain a lot. And perhaps make this easier on everyone, if we could discover the weaknesses and resistances on each.

Zevox

MarthTrinity

Smash Lord
Well I beat Boss Battle on Very Hard as Marth today and thought I'd take a shot at Intense...wow...there's a big difference there...I seem to always get destroyed (mostly because of my luck; I always seem to end up with Rayquaza as one of my last opponents) I ALMOST got to Tabuu but made a stupid mistake and got caught by Galleom's Uppercut O' Doom. -.-... Oddly enough I rarely have a problem with Porky (I still call the chubby little punk Pokey but whatever...), he does a lot of damage quickly, but only the Porky-Bots and his ramming attack kill really.

The only boss I have major problems against (especially if I get him as one of the last battles) is Duon. His "Sword-Side" is a killer at the fastest speed because a lot of his attacks are really quick even on the normal difficulties...oh well, guess I'll give it another shot tomorrow >_<

Chaosblade77

Smash Lord
Throwing some ZSS tips out there for anyone who wants them, but I'll probably be alone in doing it with her (aside from a few other ZSS mains probably). This assumes you know the basics of boss battles like what their attacks are and how to dodge them.

Petey - Easy battle, you should be able to finish this one quickly and take no damage at all consistantly once you have the strategy down, regardless of where he appears in the line up. Unlike most characters, ZSS has insane jumping abilities combined with very fast aerial attacks. Because of this, you don't have to worry about focusing on either cages or the head, you can do both at the same time! Run up to him while his cages are in the neutral position right after he finishes his attack (do this quickly) and jump, using f-air as soon as you jump. This will damage the cage. Jump again, and another aerial to attack the head (as he swings the cage) for more damage while you DI back to where you started. Repeat.

- Just watch with which cage he attacks with. It works regardless of which one he is about to use/just used, you just have to change your timing based on which one it is.
- His butt stomp attack is very easy to avoid with ZSS. When he starts it you will either be on the ground, in which you can run to dodge it, or you will be in the air where you can use a down b if you feel you are in his hitbox.
- You can also use the side-b to damage the cages, and it does a fair amount of damage. The only problem with this is that I don't know whether or not you will remain outside of his hitbox..

Master/Crazy Hand - Very easy boss fights. Do the same thing you would in classic mode. I don't have much to say here... both are very simple fights that you should already have experience with.

Ridley - Another easy boss, even near the end of the line up if you play it right. He was the last boss in my line up before Tabuu when I cleared it and he hit me once, only because I jumped too far into one of his attacks. Like Petey, combo f-airs with any other aerial attack (you can get 3 hits in while he is sitting still) and rack up damage fairly quickly, then DI away. The only threatening attack he will have is his "swoop" attack where he seems to fly in a circle. Avoid getting hit by the top part of the attack at all costs as it KOs at low percentages.

Meta-Ridley - Seems to put up more of a fight, but not much. He only has a couple of attacks that will KO aside from his easy to avoid 1 hit KOs where he moves the ship. The first of which is his missiles he fires from his mouth. ZSS is light, and with more than about 40% damage you will die if you are at the front of the ship. When he grabs the back to pull it down, use your down B and he will let go.

I suggest camping at the back. All of his attacks can be avoided from here successfully, and you can deal damage pretty quickly. While up-b does well against him, he moves quite a bit and near the end of the fight he will not fly all the way up to the ship. For this reason, aerials will work better. Personally, I comboed f-air and b-air into a single jump, and it worked well.

Porkey - ZSS is one of the few characters that does not have much trouble fighting it out with Porkey. The reason is simple: her side b has more range than all of Porkey's attacks except the beam he fires across the screen. So use this to your advantage.

The most important aspect of this fight is knowing his signals. If you know what he is going to do, you will have no problem avoiding it. The only attacks that you will have to really even try to avoid are his walks (especially the fast walk where he will 1HKO you) and his beams. All of which are easy to do. Once you can read his attacks, just side-b until you need to move. His quick-jab is probably your best opening, since you can stand just out of it's range (it almost looks like it should be hitting you) and spam your side b. You will probably get hit a bit, primarily by his beams if you fail to avoid them, but nothing that will kill you unless you have a lot of damage on you already.

Duon - Troublesome. This will probably be one of your tougher fights. Hope this guy is near the beginning of your lineup as it helps a lot!

Side b and aerial attacks are still your primary form of attack. All in all, play defensively and attack when he isn't, the best openings are right after his jumps and spins. Personally, I think your dodging will affect the outcome of the battle more than anything. ZSS is more than capable of dodging every one of his attacks thanks to her speed, jumping ability, and down b. This is just one of those that takes practice; learn his attacks and how to dodge them and you won't have nearly as much trouble.

Galleom - A hit or miss boss. Sometimes he is going to really push you and cause you problems and others he is easy to take out and not take any damage. This battle really depends on his choice of attacks more than anything. I seemed to notice he has the ability to combo, and a missed dodge or mistake in your attack could lead to your death.

All in all his individual attacks are not too terribly hard to dodging. ZSS can jump over him while he does his multi jump if you use down b at the right time. She also has no trouble jumping over his transformed attack where he rushes you as you would imagine. The missiles will cause problems as his entire body seems to damage you while he shoots them if you get too close. Side/up b will still work at this point.

Like Duon, just learn his attacks and how to avoid them and hope he is near the beginning of your line up. Luckily he has low defense and your attacks will do quite a bit of damage.

Rayquaza - This boss is basically the counter to ZSS, specifically if he is in the last 5 bosses. This boss almost HAS to be at the beginning of the line up or you WILL lose.

None of your attacks are very effective here, so you'll need to rely on combos and good dodging since this fight can take a while. I used aerials and attacked his head, f-airs for the most part and it worked decently.

Luckily ZSS has little trouble dodging MOST of his attacks. A few are even punishable. His tail sweep can be punished if you see it coming soon enough just by jumping and attacking, and his rush attack from side to side can easily be jumped over. Use a side B on him as he goes by just to do some damage, every little bit helps. You can also do this as he comes out of the ground, but it's a lot more difficult.

Tabuu - Honestly, he's not too hard. Like the last few fights I mentioned, emphasis needs to be on dodging. ZSS has some difficulty hitting Tabuu, but luckily she doesn't have difficulty dodging his attacks, once again thanks to her speed and jumping ability.

I can't really say much on him since I only got to him twice before I beat it. The only reason he killed me was a missed spot-dodge on the RRoD. That's is the trickiest part of this fight, and if you can get that down, you shouldn't have much trouble beating him. Just play defensively, dodge attacks, and attack when he's open.

Sorry it's vague and I probably made some mistakes since I am posting this at 1:00 AM... might revise it later.

pixcalcis

Smash Cadet
Zelda is amazing...dins fire works wonders. It does decent damage and you can hide far away. It might take longer than sitting there smashing them but you are much safer...and you can always run in and use the kick of death (over air) on them multiple times per jump.

TempestFunk

Smash Cadet
I wonder if a monster player who can clear the incredibly challenging Intense level without using any Heart Containers may exist somewhere in the world...
I think I may have developed a slight hate for Sakurai this morning :urg:

shinato91

Smash Apprentice
lol, me too, but there is someone, there's a video of a guy with metaknight, he doesn't take ANY damage... that's more than he asked...

n00bmoderator

Smash Rookie
The best way to get through Boss Battles on Intense is to learn the tactics and attacks of the bosses and recognize them. Always make it a priority to dodge their attacks rather than attacking them. I finished it with Toon Link yesterday, and since I mainly focused on avoiding the bosses attacks, I made it through. Also, try to get the more difficult bosses early (Duon, Porkey, Galleom) and the easier bosses last (Crazy/Master Hand), it makes it a bit easier.

Kaoz

Smash Cadet
The best way to get through Boss Battles on Intense is to learn the tactics and attacks of the bosses and recognize them. Always make it a priority to dodge their attacks rather than attacking them. I finished it with Toon Link yesterday, and since I mainly focused on avoiding the bosses attacks, I made it through. Also, try to get the more difficult bosses early (Duon, Porkey, Galleom) and the easier bosses last (Crazy/Master Hand), it makes it a bit easier.
What can you do to try to get the more difficult bosses early? Isn't that kind of thing random..? Thanks for the tips tho, I always tried to hit the boss rather than dodging its attacks, no matter the cost :laugh:

Zm4rf

Smash Cadet
Honestly, Lucario's Dair and other aerials are fantastic.

Plus, for bosses like the Ridleys and Porky (I hate that guy) where you take damage a lot but not die, the aura boosts your damage on the boss.

I have done most of the bosses on Intense thru SSE; I have yet to conquer Tabuu, but I'm pretty sure that Lucario is beast against bosses.

MasterKoga

Smash Cadet
I just beat it on intense with lucas! Thanks so much for your guys help! If any other lucas players need any help, here's what I do...

Master Hand- stay below him, and keep dairing him. absorb his missiles for 60%, and make sure you be careful of 3 when he is low health. to dodge drill attack, jump off stage and pk thunder on.

Crazy hand- read above but pk thunder for thrashing and bomb drops

Petey- Dair his head once and one cage once every jump. make good use of air dodges.

galleom - keep fairing his face and dsmash when he's firing his missiles.

porky- dair his rushes and dtilt him constantly even when he is preparing the mini porkys

rayquaza- dair and dtilt, learn his attacks well

duon- absorb his quick blasts, don't be on the other side when he does his spin attack. do quick fairs and make him hit himself with his own missiles

ridley- avoid his attacks and ledge hang for his big sweeps. dair and pkfreeze him.

meta ridley - stay on the blue portion and double jump every time he swoops in. edgehang when he fires quick blasts and dair when he clings ship

tabuu- learn his attacks and timing on easy, use stick to hit his chin when he is firing his lazers. learn RRoD timing really well, it will be your #1 reason to throw your baby sister into the TV

huzzah! I'm winner!

LostAddict

Smash Apprentice
I just beat it today with Peach, which takes a bit of practice, but she can be incredibly cheap. Here's some strategies:

Rayquaza: The biggest **** of them all. Pretty much the only boss I ever have troubles with. I always start off by double jump floating at around the centre of the screen because ray either does his tail whip or his move to the other side of the stage move first, floating dodges both. After this I spam her hip bomb and slowly work up until I get behind him. After I'm behind him, keep hitting him around the centre of him, too close to his head and you'll be hit by his laser ball or his charge into the ground. When he suddenly flies upward off the screen, quickly fall down double jump and float. This is when he's doing his side attack from the screen, Peach's float + umbrella lasts longer than it. Really, he's a hit and miss, as sometimes he can just be a huge **** and act so fast you're just not sure what to do.

Duon: WAIT! That's the best advice I can give for him. I always start by running to the other side of the stage. He'll either approach slowly, in which case stop and then roll backwards to dodge his three strikes. Or he'll charge, so keep running and then jump off the stage. Generally, I wait until I get behind him and he's on my side and then spam peach bomb, floating away when he puts his hands down as he's about to spin attack. The biggest thing I can suggest is just play very conservatively, don't go charging in, it's better to wait.

Galleom: Just spam peach bomber, and play intelligently. Try and avoid from going too high when you're attacking him otherwise you can get caught in his spin attack. If you stay around his waist area, I find all his mini jumps tend to miss and you can just bomb him all the way across the screen. If he does his large jump just peach bomb away from it. Unlike Duon, I would suggest just charging in, I find when I try and play conservatively it doesn't work out, so get in close and just spam peach bomber.

Porky: The last boss I take some damage on. When it starts just wait for a second, as he'll either charge or walk slowly, if he begins to charge, jump + umbrella out of the way. If not, then just start peach bombing. I generally peach bomb until i get near his head and then just alternate from peach bomb side to side, as in peach bomb one side, DI to the other side, bomb and then repeat. The only move I ever get hit by is his laser, and that's sometimes, I generally try and airdodge it twice, although sometimes i screw up the timing on the second airdodge. Generally, just like the other bosses, just spam peach bomb.

Ridley: Just go behind him, and then start spamming away. And then wait until he comes back to your side. Don't go chasing him. Just wait for him to come to you, go behind and then spam away, by being behind him you dodge all of his attacks. Except occasionally I get hit by his little loop-de-loop.

Meta-Ridley: So easy. Stay on the little blue part of the ship, after his first little scrape on the ship he'll fly away then come back. All you have to do is peach bomb him (I usually get in 2-3) and then float after he flies away. Every attack he'll then do he'll dodge, so as soon as he's done his attack, fall down and repeat. Incredibly easy to get no damage here.

Petey Pirahana: Peach bomb away, stay around the top of his head, so you'll always be able to go where he jumps to and then just start bombing again. You should get no damage.

The Hands: Never ever heal before them. The only move I ever get hit with is the drill. Just spam peach bomber, and aerial dodge or jump to dodge all of their other attacks. If you can tell the drill attack is coming, and you think you can make it, float off the edge, they can't hit you there. But I find it hard to see it coming and generally always get hit by it. Just hope they don't use it hahaha.

Tabuu: No real strategies here, just learn to dodge his red waves, peach bomb when you can, and float to dodge the majority of his attacks. When the cage or the lasoo comes, aerial dodge. Just play it smart, and don't be afraid to wait if you feel he's about to do some dangerous attack, it'll probably help you in the long run.

MarthTrinity

Smash Lord
JUST beat it as Marth and I thought I'd post some stratagies I used...

Master/Crazy Hand: Simply spam Marth's up-smash repeatedly or use uair's repeatedly. When Master/Crazy do their fist slam straight down (or palm slam) use counter to do some extra damage. Try your best to dodge the drill because counter will only counter the first strike and you'll get sucked into the rest. During their laser attacks will be the best time to spam up-smashes.

Petey: Use uairs/nairs when he swings his cage, Marth is fast enough to strike twice before he lands. Simply jump and repeat when he swings again. When he leaps away run up to him as he lands (after the impact of course) and up-smash him right between his head and the right/left cage so as to do a bit more damage to one cage. Otherwise just play carefully; he's a cinch.

Rayquaza: Grr...I LOATHE Rayquaza now! Use lots of up-smashes and uairs on him (especially the uairs when he uses his tail strike) and make sure to dodge his energy blasts (like that big red explosion). And while it may be tempting to counter his attacks, a lot of the time it's waaaay to risky to do so (like on the faster speeds of Rayquaza) since he's likely to fly back and forth/attack multiple times in a row, leaving Marth a sitting duck after he's countered one of his attacks. I still have problems dodging the lightning shock attack, but fortunately it doesn't have much knockback. His tail strike and spiral roll (when he flies off screen and shoots across in a corkscrew fashion) attacks WILL kill and at pretty low percents though...

Porky: Porky's a pain in the rear for sure, but only his ramming, jabbing and exploding Porky-Bots have the power to KO. Seems like a lot for sure but his ramming attack is predictable and the Porky-Bots can be dodged by rolling. If you get caught in the repeated jabs, try and air dodge out and if you can't, attempt a down-b to at least return some damage. Marth's speed helps dodge a lot of Porky's attacks (like the big red laser or the laser orb), and if you can roll beneath Porky when he does his jabbing attack, you can spam side-smashes or Dancing Blade combos into him while he jabs away at nothing. One HUGE tip as anyone is to simply land on top of Porky and spam down-smashes to put some heavy damage on him quickly..

Ridley: Ridley's a pain only because of his speed. Several of his divebomb attacks look similar (like when he flies at you and flips backwards compared to the one where he dives across the stage) and some of them are hard to counter. When Ridley leaps onto the stage in order to fly off of it, use repeated side-smashes OR if you're under him when he lands, counter quickly for some good damge. Otherwise simply use uairs or nairs.

Meta-Ridley: Same tips as Ridley, spam uairs and nairs. However, it's best not to counter his attacks as you could be swept off the Falcon Flyer accidentally in the next move.

Galleom: This was my final boss before Tabuu...God was he a pain. If you see his uppercut coming, COUNTER QUICKLY or you probably WILL be restarting. His jumps and super jump are easy enough to dodge (better to dodge then to counter or you may get hit by a second jump/attack) Be VERY careful of his heavy hitting attacks like his arm slam-shockwave attack as it can easily carry you off the screen. His missile attacks aren't TOO hard to dodge, just get in close and up-smash away. In fact, up-smash is your best friend in this match. You'll probably want to stay grounded as much as possible.

Duon: Pain. In. The. ***. I had problems with his sword side before, but it was the projectile side that almost got me. Almost ALL of the Sword Side's attacks can be countered (because they have certain tells, except you shouldn't counter the multi-hit attacks or you'll likely get hit by the most powerful of them). As for the projectile side...all of the missiles he launches HAVE to hit Duon or you're in for a waaaay longer battle. His blue lasers and rapid fire purple ones might cause you trouble, so air-dodge apropriately. Up-smashes are good for quick damage, but Duon's spinning attack will destroy you at close range. Use side-smashes or uairs to put some quick damage on Duon. The longer this battle goes, the less of a chance you have of winning it; so in summary...BEAT DUON QUICKLY.

Tabuu: Not TOO terribly difficult...use lots of uairs and up-smashes to pile on the damage and make sure you dodge ALL of his attacks. I got lucky and he never used his "Golden Gate Slam" or his "Golden Lasso O' Doom," however he DID use his "XBox 360 Red Rings Of Doom" once...make sure you can sidestep it or you're entirely doomed; it's a one hit kill pretty much on Intense.

Other then that you'll just need LOTS of luck to get the easier bosses (Petey, the Hands, even the first Ridley battle) first. Fighting Galleom as the last boss before Tabuu is scary indeed...oh and Tabuu's pretty hard too...just best of luck to you all!
And man was I disappointed with the prize for beating this o_O...how lame...

pyrotek7x7

Smash Ace
Can someone tell me how to predict Porky's rapid side jab? I get caught in it all the time and have no way to know when to avoid it when I can't find a reliable signal.

Also, is Co-op actually harder? Do bosses have twice the health?

MarthTrinity

Smash Lord
Can someone tell me how to predict Porky's rapid side jab? I get caught in it all the time and have no way to know when to avoid it when I can't find a reliable signal.

Also, is Co-op actually harder? Do bosses have twice the health?
I've already put Porky's jab out of my mind (too irritating -.-) but if I remember right, he crouches down a bit and then starts jabbing high and then lower. So if you see him jabbing high/crouch down, be prepared to dodge roll underneath him.

As for Co-op being harder, it depends on your friend's skill level...I'm not sure about the health question, but if even one of you dies in Co-op, the game ends. You do however get 5 Heart Containers between the two of you.

Jeff Highwind

Smash Ace
Well for one he only does it when you're in close proximity, so if you stay close then be sure to get ready to run. The only real tell I found though is that if he always walks toward you without electricity or red eyes then he's gonna stab ya.

pyrotek7x7

Smash Ace
To both of you, I've been trying Charizard. Running in, doing an over+b, then immediately escaping seem to work. If Porky starts jabbing, it usually misses, so then I get to breath fire all over him until he's done. ^.^

I'm having the most trouble with Rayquaza and Duon. Rayquaza I can tell will just take practice, I'm getting the timing on him all wrong, even when I know what attack he's doing. Duon...sometimes I get lucky.

Top Bottom