• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Bob-Omg Social: Count to 300 bob-ombs!

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
Actually, I like to think that the brain is like a computer (because, in a way, it is).

All people without a mental disorder, such as autism, have the exact same brain wiring. The reason everyone thinks differently is because no one uses it the same way nor has the same data stored in his or her brain, but the wiring is exactly the same, since it isn't altered by a disorder.

But anyone with a mental disorder DOES have a different wiring; some things are plugged elsewhere, others things are completely unplugged, sometimes there can even be extra plugs! Also, the wiring is never the same between two cases, unlike those who have no disorder, which is simply a case of "no one uses it the same way"

. . .

Makes sense in my head, but I hope I didn't confuse you :lol:

makes sense to me

though i would like to argue that everyone, autistic or not, brain will be wired differently
see since we all experience different things, and think differently, these can shape peoples brains causing them to change and wire differently over time
maybe at birth they are the same, but yet eventually change out to come up with the newest information to the person

think of it like the programming inside the computer, it can't just run on the same old programming forever can it? it will eventually rewrite and create new one with the help of outside forces, i think that explains my point very well
even us on the autistic spectrum probably had the same set up at birth, but just because of our unusual genes granting us the disorder caused our mind to shape faster and more radically

that's my two cent response

Last edited:

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
makes sense to me

though i would like to argue that everyone, autistic or not, brain will be wired differently
see since we all experience different things, and think differently, these can shape peoples brains causing them to change and wire differently over time
maybe at birth they are the same, but yet eventually change out to come up with the newest information to the person

think of it like the programming inside the computer, it can't just run on the same old programming forever can it? it will eventually rewrite and create new one with the help of outside forces, i think that explains my point very well
even us on the autistic spectrum probably had the same set up at birth, but just because of our unusual genes granting us the disorder caused our mind to shape faster and more radically

that's my two cent response
That also makes a lot of sense...

A10theHero

SSJ Fraud
NNID
A10theHero

How'd that go?
I'm not sure, actually. I was trying to edit that last post with an explanation of it, but I was having trouble getting the words out. It looks pretty enjoyable. Everyone pretty much plays Pokemon and Smash on their 3DS. It's like a dream come true, but I don't want to bring my video games to college. Also, I'd prefer to play Smash on a Wii U, but they're having trouble connecting the Wii U to the smart TVs in the meeting room. In addition, I'm not allowed to participate in the tourneys until next quarter (starting January) because at the beginning of each quarter, there are signups for playing competitively and since I came today for the first time ever, I can only play friendlies/casually. If they can get the Wii U to connect properly, then maybe I'd have more of a motivation to go there, but right now, it's kinda iffy. They're definitely good people, but it'll be more prominent in my mind that I'm wasting time there if I don't play video games with them. And like I said, I wouldn't be able to play with them competitively until January even if the Wii U troubles were solved. So in conclusion, I guess what I'm saying is I have no idea what to do.

Last edited:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453

Like many things in the world, no two humans are exactly alike, and their own brains are far from an exception. The way one thinks leads to more than just intelligence. It also works their emotions, interests and ultimately their personality.

It manages many different things than a common computer will. The comparison of their wiring and the way they function is very accurate though.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Play the friendlies, A10. It's the most glorious thing in a tourney, imo.

In the tourney I went to Tuesday, some stupid guy called Unikorn had an insane idea; 1 Bowser versus 2 Dededes

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453

I'm not sure, actually. I was trying to edit that last post with an explanation of it, but I was having trouble getting the words out. It looks pretty enjoyable. Everyone pretty much plays Pokemon and Smash on their 3DS. It's like a dream come true, but I don't want to bring my video games to college. Also, I'd prefer to play Smash on a Wii U, but they're having trouble connecting the Wii U to the smart TVs in the meeting room. In addition, I'm not allowed to participate in the tourneys until next quarter (starting January) because at the beginning of each quarter, there are signups for playing competitively and since I came today for the first time ever, I can only play friendlies/casually. If they can get the Wii U to connect properly, then maybe I'd have more of a motivation to go there, but right now, it's kinda iffy. They're definitely good people, but it'll be more prominent in my mind that I'm wasting time there if I don't play video games with them. And like I said, I wouldn't be able to play with them competitively until January even if the Wii U troubles were solved. So in conclusion, I guess what I'm saying is I have no idea what to do.
Hmm.

I'd say give it some time and think about it more. Sounds like you could have a very fun time there.

A10theHero

SSJ Fraud
NNID
A10theHero
Play the friendlies, A10. It's the most glorious thing in a tourney, imo.
I think it'd be fun too. :) But if they get the Wii U to work, then a lot of people will want to play one the Wii U. And most members there have already signed up and can play competitively. So it'd be likely that I'd not get to play much until January regardless. :ohwell:

In the tourney I went to Tuesday, some stupid guy called Unikorn had an insane idea; 1 Bowser versus 2 Dededes
Sounds brilliant if you ask me. :lol: I'm imagining both of them launching gordos at you and your response is a nair that knocks the gordos back at them, killing them and earning you the victory. This causes the whole auditorium to give you a standing ovation, but you don't notice anyone other than the lead female role, who is smiling at you lovingly. Then the credits roll and Michael Bay comes and blows up the theater. :grin: I think I inhaled a little too much cement today

Hmm.

I'd say give it some time and think about it more. Sounds like you could have a very fun time there.
Yeah, this is a good idea. Only time will tell, I suppose. :)
Thank you to everyone who listened to my confused stream of conscious. :lol:

Last edited:

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
If I were you, I'd go for the friendlies, A10theHero A10theHero

You could still learn many things and tips for your main, even though you're not part of the tourney.

Sounds brilliant if you ask me. :lol: I'm imagining both of them launching gordos at you and your response is a nair that knocks the gordos back at them, killing them and earning you the victory. This causes the whole auditorium to give you a standing ovation, but you don't notice anyone other than the lead female role, who is smiling at you lovingly. Then the credits roll and Michael Bay comes and blows up the theater. :grin: I think I inhaled a little too much cement today
The "Fat Climbers" were worthy opponents. They truly gave me a run for Bowser's money and the Inhale is actually an insane and dangerous kill/combo toll, believe it or not.

But the Koopa King, at his last stock, eventually was victorious.

. . .

Not sure if it beats the 2-stock I did in the same tourney though...

Last edited:

Lily♫

(✿◠‿◠)
NNID
NheroArconix
3DS FC
5112-3935-5323
I'm on mobile, so the picture would both be blurry and wouldn't have the transparent background...
I'm pretty sure I've uploaded images with transparent backgrounds on mobile...
Y'know, I should go to a tourney...
I'd love to but I don't know when any are happening in my area, since apparently everyone here in KC uses Facebook which I personally dislike too much to touch.

Luig

Confused

I'm pretty sure I've uploaded images with transparent backgrounds on mobile...

I'd love to but I don't know when any are happening in my area, since apparently everyone here in KC uses Facebook which I personally dislike too much to touch.
Yeah, I'd have trouble too, the only smash thing that I know of right now is the Fort Smith video game convention....

Last edited:
Top Bottom