• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Bob-Omg Social: Count to 300 bob-ombs!

Lily♫

(✿◠‿◠)
NNID
NheroArconix
3DS FC
5112-3935-5323
Also, just gonna share this since it's relevant.
The favorite avatar trend I've ever participated in online was a bunch of people using avatars from this. I decided to make mine this one, and others followed suit.
So that's the story of how I accidentally started a pride parade.

JayTheUnseen

Smash Champion
I noticed a tally of posters here with autism a while back. I think I'd be diagnosed with it if I went to be diagnosed, an at the least when I took an online quiz out of curiosity, I came up with it.
So yeah, you guys can add me in (even though I take no stalk in it to any degree, to me its just a label doctors stick on you so they can give you some funky medicine)

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
I noticed a tally of posters here with autism a while back. I think I'd be diagnosed with it if I went to be diagnosed, an at the least when I took an online quiz out of curiosity, I came up with it.
So yeah, you guys can add me in (even though I take no stalk in it to any degree, to me its just a label doctors stick on you so they can give you some funky medicine)
Not sure if the Internet is a reliable source, Jay...

But we'll put you on the "maybe" list.

Lily♫

(✿◠‿◠)
NNID
NheroArconix
3DS FC
5112-3935-5323
I've always wondered if I have OCD or OCPD. Too lazy to get tested for it though.

Last edited:

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Probably not, but I can tell you I definitely have behaviors that science calls autistic
Yeah, but regular people can have those behaviors while an autistic person could also NOT have those behaviors.

The main thing about the autism spectrum is that the brain is wired differently. In some cases, the difference is so small that you could spend years before discovering someone has it. Some cases so drastically that people compare it to trisomy.

Last edited:

JayTheUnseen

Smash Champion
Yeah, but regular people can have those behaviors while an autistic person could also NOT have those behaviors.

The main thing about the autism spectrum is that the brain is wired differently. In some cases, the difference is so small that you could spend years before discovering someone has it. Some cases so drastically that people compare it to trisomy.

Personally, I argue that everyone's brain is wired differently, in a way of speaking. I doubt anyone thinks exactly the same. Its silly that we classify one way of thinking as this or that, one thing's a mental disorder, one isn't, etc. That's just my thoughts though.

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
your right jay, no two people on the whole planet have the same brain, but those on the autistic spectrum have minds and thought patterns that are so vastly different than those who aren't where they have no other way to classify it than "wired differently"

its more or less a saying really

Last edited:

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Personally, I argue that everyone's brain is wired differently, in a way of speaking. I doubt anyone thinks exactly the same. Its silly that we classify one way of thinking as this or that, one thing's a mental disorder, one isn't, etc. That's just my thoughts though.
Actually, I like to think that the brain is like a computer (because, in a way, it is).

All people without a mental disorder, such as autism, have the exact same brain wiring. The reason everyone thinks differently is because no one uses it the same way nor has the same data stored in his or her brain, but the wiring is exactly the same since it isn't altered by a disorder.

But anyone with a mental disorder DOES have a different wiring; some things are plugged elsewhere, others things are completely unplugged, sometimes there can even be extra plugs! Also, the wiring is never the same between two cases, unlike those who have no disorder, which is simply a case of "no one uses it the same way"

. . .

Makes sense in my head, but I hope I didn't confuse you :lol:

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo

i know about katt. . .

and the last one i'm interested in, more details?
Well, a couple days ago, a certain someone decided to pay us a visit. He hasn't been around since (apart from some like bomb he did), so I'm hoping we're off the hook when it comes to him (knowing our wonderful luck though...).

Top Bottom