• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Blaziken as a playable character for brawl.

Wrath`

Smash Master
You obvously have NOT done your research.

Lucario has elemental attacks... just not ones we already have. Pulse bomb is a Street-Fighter style Hadoken, elemental fighting, and Luster Cannon is assumed to be magnetic.

Try taking 2 hours out of your day and watch the Youtube link for the 8th Movie: Lucario and the Mystery of Mew. I have yet to hear anyone say they watched it and WERN'T convinced Lucario would be awesome in Brawl.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=zWcx73uzxiA
Idiodical fool.
like he said its a steel move.And i only play the pokemon vidieo games.I stoped watching the movies when I was 10.

I also thought this thread was to support blaziken not diss him.

GaryCXJk

Smash Lord
As far as I know magnetism is a trait only common with metal. Since steel basically is metal, you can do the maths.

And calling somebody an "idiotical fool" isn't really a smart move, and makes you look like a tool.

Anyway, although it is very likely Blaziken could be in Brawl, I'd question the choice. Sure, Blaziken is a popular fire-type Pokémon, and he knows some fighting moves, and we know he established himself in the animated series, but what makes him as special as, for example, a Mewtwo? What could make him stand out?

In my opinion Meowth would be a better choice. He at least has a banjo. Or something.

Wrath`

Smash Master
As far as I know magnetism is a trait only common with metal. Since steel basically is metal, you can do the maths.

And calling somebody an "idiotical fool" isn't really a smart move, and makes you look like a tool.

Anyway, although it is very likely Blaziken could be in Brawl, I'd question the choice. Sure, Blaziken is a popular fire-type Pokémon, and he knows some fighting moves, and we know he established himself in the animated series, but what makes him as special as, for example, a Mewtwo? What could make him stand out?

In my opinion Meowth would be a better choice. He at least has a banjo. Or something.
dude, idiotical fool is just a joke.If youre so on meoth give me a move set.

kaid

Smash Master
Idiodical fool.
like he said its a steel move.And i only play the pokemon vidieo games.I stoped watching the movies when I was 10.

I also thought this thread was to support blaziken not diss him.
This one is actually worthwhile.

And where did I "Diss" Blaze? I simpy said you had failed to do your research where Lucario was concerned, or you would understand that Blaze is the #2 most likely pokemon for brawl... right after Lucario.

Wrath`

Smash Master
This one is actually worthwhile.

And where did I "Diss" Blaze? I simpy said you had failed to do your research where Lucario was concerned, or you would understand that Blaze is the #2 most likely pokemon for brawl... right after Lucario.
Let me just get it out there I HATE LUCARIO.There i said it.Dont lie youve diss blaze before.

kaid

Smash Master
Hate is a strong emotion. I simply do not feel Blaze is all she is cracked up to be. Wereas, those who have sat through that movie understand how awesome Lucario remains.

Wrath`

Smash Master
Hate is a strong emotion. I simply do not feel Blaze is all she is cracked up to be. Wereas, those who have sat through that movie understand how awesome Lucario remains.
Hate is a strong emotion and that is why I chose to use it Hence my name The wrath of Koarin.The reason i dislike(there is that better for you)lucario is because

1.we only have 1st gen poks in ssmb blaze=3rd,typlosion=2nd
2.I like fire pokemon even though my first team consited of 4 flyings
3.I dont like fighting types.Thats why I'm unhappy the 4th gen sarter's 3rd evo is once again fight/fire
4.I like to argue

Wrath`

Smash Master
So the only reason that applys to Lucario (disliking Fighting types) applys equally to Blaze?
It might be stupid but yes.I do though like blaziken,but i probably wont like gokuzaru

This is an official rivalry: The wrath of Koarin vs. kaid

kaid

Smash Master
But I have a trump card you refuse to look at. Every person who has watched the movie comes out supporting Lucario to one degree or another. None will claim he lacks the potential for Brawl.

Youtube isn't that hard...

Black/Light

Smash Master
and Luster Cannon is assumed to be magnetic
Like I said before, luster cannon sounds more like a shiny metal ball being shot at someone. Thats only going off the name thu. . . .

Black/Light

Smash Master
To me it means a cannon of the brightest light
Also what it can mean seeing as brightest/ brightness are apart of the dif of "Luster". I can't see how it has magnitism any where in it's name or pokedex stuff.

But I give this Blaze thread my fan-art of Blaze kicking monkey a^^. (thank Kaid for making that Monkey thread, before than it was just a thought I was playing with)

http://imageigloo.com/images/8707BlazeKickM.jpg

Wrath`

Smash Master
I just looked somthing up and found this.Kaid GUESS WHAT LUCARIO CANT LEARN LUSTER CANNON.This brought to you by seribii.net

Acoustic

Smash Rookie
Firstly let me say that I haven't read through all seven pages of this thread, so if someone has already made my point, then I'm sorry.

If you look at the pokemon who have been featured in previous smash games, you will notice that they all have one thing in common; they are either the focus of a movie, or are just very popular. Blaziken is neither. Although Blaziken looks like a physically good contender for Brawl, there is nothing special that sets him apart from Hitmonchan, heracross or any of the other pokemon that stand upright.

Though it may be disappointing, expect to see Deoxys/Lucario and Plusle/Minun in the next smash.

kaid

Smash Master
Blaze is popular here in the states, but not so much in Japan.

And he was a secondary character in the Deoxys movie, much as Slowking was in Power of One.

Acoustic

Smash Rookie
Blaze is popular here in the states, but not so much in Japan.
The games are made in Japan, so whats popular there may have more bearing on whats included in the game.

And he was a secondary character in the Deoxys movie, much as Slowking was in Power of One.
Unfortunately, there isnt a lot of room for character additions, so secondary probably wont cut it. You dont see Slowbro in melee, do you? Nope, you see mewtwo, who was the primary focus of the first movie.

Wrath`

Smash Master
The games are made in Japan, so whats popular there may have more bearing on whats included in the game.

Unfortunately, there isnt a lot of room for character additions, so secondary probably wont cut it. You dont see Slowbro in melee, do you? Nope, you see mewtwo, who was the primary focus of the first movie.
N00b you dont know what your talking about.

@kaid IN prosses of changing mind about lucario.......changing...........changing........ERROR......Lucario does not compute........EROR.......Mind not changed. But i will give lucario some more respect

FiErCe_oNi

Smash Lord
theres just one thing i want to know...
could Blaziken add something new to SSB? some sort of new playing style? those are the characters i support the most. the ones that add new playing styles. the main reason that i dont like Blaziken as a character is because i think "Blaziken eh? lets see... a fire conjuring humanoid fighter..." it just doesnt sound interesting. what could it add? its fighting style sounds boring. i wouldnt want to play with a character with a boring playing style that has some presence in other characters.

Wrath`

Smash Master
Since this topic is called blaziken as a playible char. in brawl.Here's why I think he should.
1.The first 3rd gen.and fire pokemon.
2.A character that can junp high,realy high.
3.He's been a prominet pokemon in the anime and that one movie.
4.Wide range of possible moves.

Wrath`

Smash Master
Well,(this is not ment to set off any fireworks)how many episodes has lucario been in.Minus the movie.I'll give lucario more respect after seeing it.

kaid

Smash Master
Ah, but in that movie, he was more important than Ash! He even had a few seconds more total screentime than the series main character!!

Then there was his role in the mythos of Pokemon Mystery Dungeon, and the D/P in-game references to the movie. Last time that happenend was Pokemon Yellow.

Lucario doesn't rely on anime for importance.

Wrath`

Smash Master
(Ah, but in that movie, he was more important than Ash! He even had a few seconds more total screentime than the series main character!!)

well if you include anime lucario lost against ash.Also if you include anime blaziken could be up ther with lucario in screen time.

(Then there was his role in the mythos of Pokemon Mystery Dungeon, and the D/P in-game references to the movie. Last time that happenend was Pokemon Yellow.)

How would you about reffrencess if the game hasnt com out in america.That would lead me to belive about you that you bought the japenesees version and read japenesse or you are japeneese

(Lucario doesn't rely on anime for importance.)

You never can assume about where and when the anime series will boost certiant pokemon above others.

kaid

Smash Master
Serebii is good for more than looking up movesets.
It's also good for info from the games.

Anime reflects importance, it doesn't replace it.

Wrath`

Smash Master
Altough popular now meowth I dont think was as popular back in 1999-2000.He's well a bit limited in his move sets although there is a few good ones.

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
Well, I don't particularly like the character design. Seems fairly uninspired, and the humanlike traits just seem silly in a pokemon. But, I looked through its movelist and seems like there's definitely things to put into a SSB character.
B moves:
Up- Sky uppercut. Blaziken shoots up like Roy's up b. Anyone he comes in contact with he carries until the end of the move, where the victim will be knocked in whatever direction the player is pointing with the control stick. Low-ish damage, not very far knocking and recovery distance around Roy's. Only grabs one character, but when you toss the victim works like a projectile.
Side- Fire blast. Charges up very small fireballs which can be quickly shot by tapping or held for about a second for larger size and speed. While charging, player can angle the control stick to chose a direction where they would go. Fireballs would have weight so they would fall to the ground fairly quickly, depending on angle chosen to shoot. Low-mid damage.
Neutral- Brick break. Start of an attack set similar to Marth and Roy's sword dance. Each step would be faster, the first four capable of juggling the opponent and the fifth and final attack being a killer.
Down- Mirror Move. A counter type move. Blaziken sidesteps, and if attacked during this will counter with the exact same move but a little stronger. If done when no one attacks, blaziken will stumble a bit if on ground or would work like an airdodge in the air, making him unable to attaack until landing.

A moves-
All generic Kung Fu type moves with flashy fire effects that don't do jack.

EDIT: *snicker* or he could just be a Captain Falcon clone that jumps very high. I'm a little sad at how that would actually work pretty well.

Top Bottom