• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Blaziken as a playable character for brawl.

FiErCe_oNi

Smash Lord
she could represent the 3rd gen protanginist, may/sapphire. blaziken is often portrayed as her signature pokemon. and like, look at their hair! you cant tell me they dont look like they were made for each other

Silver Flame

Smash Ace
Ok, i feel blaziken has been taking a blow from the gokuzaru thread so i wish to give him a little boost

reasons
1)represent third generation
2)humanoid
3)Fire and fighting type gives many oppertunities for brawl
4)has powerful kicks and decent punches
5)has a very good jumping ability

moveset
>b fire punch
b flamethrower
^b sky uppercut
Vb blaze kick

support

Pyr0

Smash Ace
Could be cool. but not before Munchlax & Lucario

Blaziken Moveset

B Firespin: covers his body in flames blocking any projectile, deals low damage, no lag at all.
B + > Blazekick: kick that burns, avove avarage damage, some startup lag, but can ve comboed if B pressed alot
B + ^ Sky Uppercut: Huge leap should be the highest in the game, almost 0 horizontal movement, sends the oponent flying (even higher than M2's uptrhow)
B + V Aerial Ace: Vertical swipe (sound like falcos normal down a or a sword) goes flying downwards, totaly vertical, once you travel enough, you can move midair, even making a curve (this movement is a powerfull spike)*

overall, blaziken should be a pure physical, yet versatile character

* if you dont understand what i mean about making a curve tell me ill make a quick picture

kaid

Smash Master
Ok, i feel blaziken has been taking a blow from the gokuzaru thread so i wish to give him a little boost

reasons
1)represent third generation
2)humanoid
3)Fire and fighting type gives many oppertunities for brawl
4)has powerful kicks and decent punches
5)has a very good jumping ability
I would point out that 2, 3, and 4 would apply equally to Gokuzaru, that the Third Gen wes the least popular gen in overall sales, and that Jumping isn't a major factor. (Just look at Zelda)

Zombie Cola

Smash Ace
I would point out that 2, 3, and 4 would apply equally to Gokuzaru, that the Third Gen wes the least popular gen in overall sales, and that Jumping isn't a major factor. (Just look at Zelda)
Tell that to someone who mains C. Falcon....e.g. me.

Silver Flame

Smash Ace
and the type combo was originally blaziken's and goukzaru copied him
how do you know about number 4? It has been specificly stated that blaziken has extremely powerful legs
more people know about blaziken than goukzaru, d/p has only been released in japan
the only 4th gen who should have a chance are lucario and munchlax since both were released very early and have appeared in movies and anime, i hear lucario was in the opening of advanced battle for a month before being replaced by a clip of pikachu using iron tail, and have alot of popularity
as for the other 4th gen starters, they shouldn't be in brawl, they simply don't work well, and goukzaru is the best choice of the 4th gen starters for brawl but he is blaziken in a monkey suit, he stole one of blazikens sig moves

kaid

Smash Master
Concerning your point about 4th gen pokemon...

Diamond/Pearl sold over 1.5 million copies in 3 days. In comparison, New Super Mario Bros took a week to sell 1 million. Half a million DS Lights were also sold on the same weekend. This level of interest WILL affect Pokemon's representation.

Black/Light

Smash Master

Diamond/Pearl sold over 1.5 million copies in 3 days. In comparison, New Super Mario Bros took a week to sell 1 million. Half a million DS Lights were also sold on the same weekend. This level of interest WILL affect Pokemon's representation.
And THATS why Lucario and maybe Munch should be in. . . .
They have been making this game for a well and they know what characters they want in. . .so I can see them adding in another new 4th gen character based off sells but it would most likely be a Japan liked 4th gen poke (munch if he isn't already in) or one they see as unique. If they have blaze in off her fan-base than I don't see them taking her out of the fray for a monkey that isn't much of a unique pokemon (he really is a mix of 2nd/3rd the gen's fire starters) and hasn't gotten to her fan-base yet.

Actully, we don't know what Monkey is good at. As has been said in Blaze's pokemon decribstion she can kick 10+ times a second and jump 30+ feet. Unless Im missing something new we havent heard what Monkey is good at yet. But it will most likely be punching. . you know, to make him different to Blaze.

And the sales thing, Im still looking into that one but thats like saying that because the new SF games (with Krysal) haven't sold as much as the older ones that Krysal shouldn't get in.

GHOSTKING

Smash Cadet

Yes Pokemon will get a new representation, but how can you compare pokemon sales wit Mario, lol......You would have to compare pokemon sales of today with past ones, to actually see the revenual impact which it has showcased. Pokemon games are the highest selling games on the Gameboy systems, therefore comparing it to a suped up Marios game wont get u far......Anyways, the little fire monkey, IMO, dosent have the chance that Blaiziken has to get on Brawl. 1st of all, the game just came out, second of all, the monkey is a cheap version of Blaiziken for the simple fact that everybody liked Blaiziken so much.....

I have one more question...Would those of you who think that this monkey has a chance on getting in Brawl, have said that when Gokuzaru's first evolution was the only thing shown and he had that fire coming outta his booty.....most people thought he was weak and gay when they saw that, so now hes tough when he gets to his new evolution and capable of subsiding the fan base of and already populary Blaiziken?

Dark Feather

Smash Apprentice
A counter like that can do over 100% damage if you are at 200% damage. It is post like these that make me question the intelligence of the people on the boards, most are knowledgeable enough however others think that the game will change if they post for it to be. They are not going tocreate a super character because you want them to and they will not tailor the game to a specific persons wants. You sir are one of the people who think the game will change because you want it to. I'm sorry if you take this the wrong way, but at least think about what you are posting and if it does change the game how it will change it before you post ideas about super characters like the one in this thread. That move wouldn't be reasonable even for the special move it is just too powerful and would make playing as the other characters unreasonable because of the potential of that one character.
Yes! i definitely agree with you. To all: If you post movesets, be (more) realistic.

Silver Flame

Smash Ace
if you look at ruby and saphire, they were released in the states right before meele but there was no mention at all of any 3rd gen so the only 4th gen who have any chance at all are lucario and munchlax cuz again they were released extremely early and have made movie and anime apperences. they are the most well know of the fourth gen and since they had such an early start a large fan base already that all new pokemon would have to overcome. so to state it simply, goukzaru has 0% chance at brawl while lucario and munchlax have a very good chance and so does blaziken

DARK GLORY

Smash Rookie
blaziken and lucario are the best choices for brawl they should be the ones in it in my opinion.

bijoukaiba

Smash Journeyman
Blaziken? No way. Other major Poke'mon are more likely to get in before it does. (Meowth, Lucario, Deoxys, etc.)

I really think it would be too similar to Captain Falcon as well. Fire kick, fire punch. ((No offense is meant by this to good ol' C. Falcon. He's one of my mains as well. :)))

BTW, in R/S/E the gender ratio is 87.5% Male to 12.5% Female. (Someone asked about that earlier) When I heard about it a few weeks after beating the game, I thought it was a little cool I got a female Mudkip.

If a 3rd Gen starter did get in, I'd take Swampert over Blaziken anyday. The water Poke'mon is always the strongest starter. "Miko" for Brawl!!

GHOSTKING

Smash Cadet
Blaziken? No way. Other major Poke'mon are more likely to get in before it does. (Meowth, Lucario, Deoxys, etc.)

I really think it would be too similar to Captain Falcon as well. Fire kick, fire punch. ((No offense is meant by this to good ol' C. Falcon. He's one of my mains as well. :)))

BTW, in R/S/E the gender ratio is 87.5% Male to 12.5% Female. (Someone asked about that earlier) When I heard about it a few weeks after beating the game, I thought it was a little cool I got a female Mudkip.

If a 3rd Gen starter did get in, I'd take Swampert over Blaziken anyday. The water Poke'mon is always the strongest starter. "Miko" for Brawl!!

Meowth....IMO, meowth would have a better chance at getting in the game than Blaiziken, but Meowth also was a first gen pokemon, which didnt get put in the game when pikachu did, so therefore I think that alone narrows his ultimate chance of being in brawl.

GHOSTKING

Smash Cadet
Generations of pokemon play no role as to who gets in Brawl
Well its an assumption, and unless your a spokesperson who litterally helps add characters for SSBB, then you shouldnt state facts like the quoted one, you should only assume also!:cool:

Silver Flame

Smash Ace
i have also used this logic, r/s had only been recently released in the states when meele came out and there were no 3rd gen, too early. 1st gen had its chance in SSB, 2nd gen had its chance with meele and so pichu was added and mewtwo beat out all the other 2nd gen. brawl is now the chance for 3rd gen(blaziken, deoxys) and the 4th gen that were released extremely early(lucario, munchlax)(both of these have appeared in both movies and anime released thoughout the world.)

xianfeng

Smash Hero
Why is it assumed they play a role? Only Series need to be represented not generations because then we would need an FE lord for FE1/3, FE2, FE4/5, FE6/7, FE8 and FE9/10

GHOSTKING

Smash Cadet
but pokemon, unlike other game series is released in generations and then latter games use all currently generations and the games are culmitive unlike ff cuz every game starts out with new people and rarely uses them again
Good point-

Black/Light

Smash Master
They need to add in newer gens because they would want to bring in the newer fans of the series and in order to do this they need to add newer pokemon. There. . . . enuff reason if I might say so my-self.

xianfeng

Smash Hero
there are very few new fans of pokemon. The 3rd generation is the worst selling generation of pokemon yet they sold 100 million less copies than the original and 60-70 million less than Gold and Silver. Pokemon doesn't sell any more the show ruined it.

Zombie Cola

Smash Ace
there are very few new fans of pokemon. The 3rd generation is the worst selling generation of pokemon yet they sold 100 million less copies than the original and 60-70 million less than Gold and Silver. Pokemon doesn't sell any more the show ruined it.
I say the originals helped boost ratings, as for the new episodes I wouldn't know, I have never/will never watch it. The God awful character design helped decimate the franchise too.

Blazer

Smash Ace
Blaziken is a good choice for Brawl so long as its moveset isn't too close to Falcon's. Oh, first or second page someone mentioned that all pokemon but legendaries were multi-gendered that is not true. (These are off the top of my head and some may be forgotten)
Female only: Chansey, Kanguskhan or however it's spelled, Jigglypuff, There'es a few others too I just can't remeber them.
Male only: Hitmon-family, Machop I believe may have been male only I could be wrong,

Wow, I used to be able to name all 251 pokemon and all the gender-less and single gendered and now I can't remember anything practically. Oh and these may have changed since G/S/C since those were the last games I really played. (I did own Ruby but I got rid of it.)
One more thing:Hitmonchan>Hitmonlee>Blaziken. Machamp is an even better choice than the others now that I think about it... MACHAMP FOR BRAWL!

Black/Light

Smash Master
What does that prove? Nothing other than Pokemon have been going down in popularity ever sence the 1st gen.
You STILL have to look at how much the 4th gen sold in Japan (Like 1/2 a mill DS lites where sold in a few hours of it's release) and how much Pokemon MD has sold as well seeing as they are the NEW ones that are putting new life into this series. And you still have to look at the fact that 2 3RD gen pokemon are always on the 3 most wanted pokemon list.

Saying they shouldn't put in a 3rd gen pokemon because of low sales (which Im still trying to look into) is like saying they shouldn't put Krystel in because SF:DP had lower sells than the older SF games.

Wrath`

Smash Master
Rather have Deoxys or Lucario
Deoxys maby,but what is so special about lucario?Whoo ho fighting/steel=no elements=SUCKS
Could be cool. but not before Munchlax & Lucario
Munchlax?Where has your head been.He's not humanoid enough.and hed be slow
hitmonlee for the win...

edit: besides hes a chicken...sure his first evolution thingy looked cute and all and combukion (i think) look likes a creepy chiken excaped from KFC and now he looks like a chiken with fur >.<
Hitmonle would be sweet but we to have a 2and 3rd gen pokemon

Lucario=4th
hitmons=1st
Blaziken=3rd DING DING DING:) :) :)
sczzor=2nd DING DING DING

kaid

Smash Master
Deoxys maby,but what is so special about lucario?Whoo ho fighting/steel=no elements=SUCKS
You obvously have NOT done your research.

Lucario has elemental attacks... just not ones we already have. Pulse bomb is a Street-Fighter style Hadoken, elemental fighting, and Luster Cannon is assumed to be magnetic.

Try taking 2 hours out of your day and watch the Youtube link for the 8th Movie: Lucario and the Mystery of Mew. I have yet to hear anyone say they watched it and WERN'T convinced Lucario would be awesome in Brawl.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=zWcx73uzxiA

Top Bottom