• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bit Battles February 8th 2014, Dallas TX

RSVP

• Total voters
D

Deleted member

@ 2-bit 2-bit
The last DIME had 84 entrants, so I'd check with your venue and get as much space as possible. I also think you should have a pre-registration with a player cap.
If there is a player cap, I might not come to this so another can have my spot but if there isn't I'll come and just do friendlies. I don't really like Melee much anymore.

2-bit

Smash Apprentice
the venue location is locked in but it's an ok size. It's about the size of FX, if not a little bigger. I'm probably not going to have a pre-reg or a player cap.

D

Deleted member

I only live 40 mins from this, but theres no PM
Should I go... hmm...

D

Deleted member

Ill try to go I guess. Is there a reason for no pm? tbh all I care about is singles.
Melee will still drive me to play anyways, so I dont want to pressure too hard.

D

Deleted member

Ill try to go I guess. Is there a reason for no pm? tbh all I care about is singles.
I'll probably be sitting in the back
Playing Project: M
All alone

Please join me

2-bit

Smash Apprentice
I'm not running PM because i have no idea how to run it. I don't know anything about the tournament format for it.

D

Deleted member

Oh, you could just ask the community for some help. If you're fine with running PM as a side event but just don't know how then you could get somebody to help TO/set up the rules.
It runs like melee ofc with times and rules like gentlemens clause and stage striking yadayada, the only thing you'll have to add in is the stagelist.

2-bit

Smash Apprentice
I don't thin we have room to run PM as a side event. After seeing the turnout of the last DIME that is.

D

Deleted member

I completely understand that. If things ever change with the # of people or venue space then I really hope you consider PM! :)

TM_icecream

Smash Ace
Not coming bcuz I don't play this game, but I'd like to wish you luck! Welcome to the TO scene, enjoy hosting for a game that's not dead!

D

Deleted member

I'm not running PM because i have no idea how to run it. I don't know anything about the tournament format for it.
Be like Icecream at Who's Tyler 6.
Just create a bracket and let the players do the work.

D

Deleted member

Update: I might not go to this in favor of going to Sethlon's Bowser's Revenge on the 15th. I need to save the money and quite frankly I love P:M more than Melee.
Sorry @ 2-bit 2-bit :ganondorf:

D

Deleted member

^ Same here.

I mean, it's a 40 minute drive, and none of my friends want to give me rides so, gg.

2-bit

Smash Apprentice
Good thing the tournament is now more nearby. My only question is, where is"Noah's"? I looked it up on Google Maps and there's only some apartments.
I put an address i the OP, idk how to describe the location though
Edit: im not trying to sound like a douche btw

Goyo

Smash Rookie
I'm definitely going to this, super excited for my second tournament ever! I can bring a setup or two if they're needed

hamyojo

Smash Ace
Tai (MimicMew) and I have a money match.
His DK vs my Yoshi Bo5 3$. It's going to be historic... or should I say, prehistoric.

Anyone else? Also I should be going to this, I'll be upset if not.

Edit: seems I put Bowser instead of DK earlier, fixed that lol.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I'm trying everything in my power to make it this tournament, I really wanna try out my Marth.

All I'm really worrying about is money and transportation.

D

Deleted member

Things are looking okay for me to make this, I'm just getting things figured out.

I'll keep updating later throughout the week to inform you guys whether or not I'm going.

-=Untamed-Beast=-

Smash Journeyman
ill be there coming from east dallas near smu. lemme kno if ppl wanna carpool
I'm ride dependent, and am at SMU.
I'll keep this post in mind under the circumstances that:
a) I'm not too busy to attend this. I hope that's not the case.
b) The other Melee player doesn't attend. I also hope that's not the case!

Just making a note of that.

Top Bottom