• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bit Battles February 8th 2014, Dallas TX

RSVP

• Total voters

2-bit

Smash Apprentice
Bit Battles
Melee tournament

February 8th, 2014

2251 N. Greenville Ave.
Richardson, TX 75208

Date
Saturday February 8th, 11:00 AM to 9:00 PM

We are aiming to have
10:30 AM arrival/registration
12:00 PM Doubles
3:00 PM Singles

SETUPS ARE IMPORTANT
The venue CAN NOT supply setups so we need the community to pitch in

Fees
Venue: $10
$5 IF YOU BRING A SETUP(that is used)
Singles: $5
Doubles: $5 Per player

Payouts
1st: 60%
2nd: 30%
3rd: 10%
Events with 10 or less entrants will be 70/30 instead

Rules
Neutral Stages:
Battlefield
Yoshi's Story
Final Destination
Dreamland 64
Fountain of Dreams (singles only)
Pokemon Stadium (doubles only)

Counter Picks:
Pokemon Stadium (singles)
Kongo Jungle 64 (doubles)

General:
Items are off.
4 stocks, 8 minutes
Team attack is ON
Life stealing is allowed
Pause is OFF
Wobbling is legal.
Standard DSR (you may not counter pick a stage you have already won on in a set)
Coaching is not allowed during sets.
Stalling is banned (will elaborate if necessary).
1 stage ban in best of 3 set, no stage bans in best of 5 set.
Striking is 1-2-1

Miscellaneous rules
1. The Tournament Organizer is the arbiter of all disputes.
2. BYOC (Bring your own controller): Players are expected to bring their own controller and be prepared for every tournament set.
3. DQ Rule: Arriving too late for a match will result in a DQ. Player(s) will have 5 minutes to show up before a loss of the first match. 5 more minutes results in a loss of the set. For doubles, both players on a team need to be present in order to play.
4. MikeHaze rule: No intentionally disrupting players, whether physically or vocally. This applies to EVERYONE, players and spectators. Simply talking to the players (and Hype moments) are exempt.
5. Gentleman's Clause: Any change to the rules is permitted if agreed upon by both players, except for the 8 minute time limit.
6. Dave's Stupid Rule: players cannot counterpick back to a stage that they have already won on in a set.
7. Textures are Cool Clause: We're usually pretty lenient with textures/custom music. You're welcome to bring your set up to the tournament with them, but please do not have any disruptive music, hard to see textures, or dramatically altered character models. If you have a problem with the set up you're playing on, notify the TO and we'll get it resolved ASAP.
Additional Notes: The venue is being nice enough to let us be there, don't abuse that. Try to keep cursing to a minimum
Show up on time. If you need to contact me cause you'll be late, my number is: 214-534-1372
Again, bring some set ups.

Last edited:

2-bit

Smash Apprentice
I wasn't planning to since i don't know enough about PM to host a tournament for it.

2-bit

Smash Apprentice
Probably not, I talked to the venue and they said the internet could not support it.

Hiya

Smash Rookie
Hey 2-bit it's me, s0up, and book :) We're coming to this tourney for sure, cool that you're hosting it

EmLeingod

Smash Journeyman
NNID
EmLeingod
I wasn't planning to since i don't know enough about PM to host a tournament for it.
Man, that's a real shame, I would probably show up if there was one. ):

GL HF to everyone going though!

D

Deleted member

Shoutouts to 2-bit for joining the Texas T.O. party!
I'll try my best to come. It's a 30 minute trip down the tollway so I'm a little unsure.
If worse comes to worse I may need a ride. Let me check my schedule stuff first though.

Any chance me and you can team 2-bit?
(If Scotch and Element are okay with that...)

I can bring a full Melee SetUp for sure if I attend this. I can bring my other 20" CRT if someone else has a Gamecube/Melee combo and wants a venue discount.

@Lunchables We need to MM sometime.
@2Bit We need to MM sometime.
@Scotch We need to MM sometime.
@ElementOfSmash We need to MM sometime.
@NoxD We need to MM sometime.
:foxmelee:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EDIT:
FYI 2-bit, you should fix your main post...
We are aiming to have
11:00 AM arrival/registration
12:00 PM Doubles
3:00 PM Singles

NoxD

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0130-2891-1990
This looks exciting and all, but won't DIME 8 be on the same date if there is one?
Just curious, usually they are around this time of the month. Feb. 1st would work, too.

-Aliami, yes we should MM. Sheik vs. Puff? I don't really play Puff. :sheikmelee:
-Scotch, we should either team and or MM. Luigi ditto's?

Quot3

Melee'er
3DS FC
4253-4705-1339
This looks exciting and all, but won't DIME 8 be on the same date if there is one?
Pretty sure 2bit coordinated the date with Gabe to make sure they wouldn't take place on the same weekend

NoxD

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0130-2891-1990
Makes sense, when there are tournaments planned around the same day in one area. Either Feb. 1st or Valentines day for DIME 8, then.

D

Deleted member

I dunno about this, it's super far away, so I'll probably have this planned to go.

D

Deleted member

Me and Scotch play P:M so I can bring my Wii on the side and set up a P:M 3.0 friendlies station. Me and Scotch can teach you the just of it.
I'm Mad a lot, so I put the M in Project: M. Scotch is ghetto, so he puts the 'Project' in Project: M.

Aliami is a cool person and he should make me a logo since he's so damn awesome! :D:D:D:D:D KAWAII
@ 2-bit 2-bit
I mades you a tournament/thread logo. Enjoy:
[collapse=A DAMN BITCHIN' LOGO]

LINK TO DA IMAGE HERE
[/collapse]

Last edited by a moderator:

Element of Smash

Scrub Lord
I'm not sure I can make this one. I'm already planning everything around DIME on the 11th, and I start a new job that month. Also apparently I'm getting a root canal somewhere in there. So, I dont know. I'll do my best to make it though!

AustinRC

Smash Lord
I will definitely try and make it to this! JF will most likely go as well, lol.

xoRi

Smash Rookie
My pool buddy's hosting a tournament?

I like it. I'll probably come, probably catch a ride with Aspen.

Top Bottom