• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Best team mate for R.O.B?

soloSHADOWROB

Smash Journeyman
1) Wario: Wario is a tank, since he is mostly airborne he is less likely to get hit by your gyro and laser. Since ROB should be played atleast alittle campy in doubles Wario is one of those characters to that is really in your face and combined with ROB's gyro and laser you can keep your opponents in Wario's hit range. Both are tanks and can kill. They specifically make a good fight against Chaingrabbers because if Wario is being CG ROB can shoot a laser to stop it, or if ROB is being CG Wario can Side-B all the way to ROB and save him. Great thing to do is have Wario do lots of D-Air to wear down the shield, then once that ROB shoots a laser and shield pokes the enemy and then Wario gets a few hits in causing minimal damage but usually messes up the player and sets up for great combos. Wario is a shield eater, if a opponent blocks his move ROB can shoot and open area in the opponent or help make the shield smaller and perhaps break. Here are a few combos/strat I do with Wario+ROB team.

1)Wario Chomp -> ROB Up-Smash/U-Air/U-Tilt/N-Air/B-Air
2) Wario D-Throw -> ROB F-Smash/D-Smash/D-Tilt/Jab/Jab Combo/F-Tilt/Grab
3)Wario D-Throw->ROB Grab/Jab/D-Tilt->Wario Fart/F-Smash

If Wario is off the ledge and loses his Recovery just snipe him with a laser to regain his Up-B or since your ROB and can survive anything try to do a falling U-Air for him to survive. Or If Wario is returning from the stage ROB can really cover Wario with Gyro, Laser, and and N-air Wall until Wario returns.

Gyroware Inc. vs. Is that BRAWL you got? Round 1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KIetFBWV9Xk

Gyroware Inc. vs. Is that BRAWL you got? Round 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hKTE9Boj7zI

Gyroware Inc. vs. Is that BRAWL you got? Round 3 (really good DI and tech skill on both DQ and my part)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uMy7u_rJ0GY

These are videos of my cousin (DQ) and I vs. Futile and Blitz
Its a double ditto doubles match lol
But DQ and I have awesome team work
You will see alot of the times DQ and I hit eachother to get eachother outta bad siuations =]
Hope these vids help and my little list above it
I will do a few more of these one for Marth, one for Peach, one for G&W and if any one has any request I will gladly do so as well =]
Right Im up for anything but it may take a bit because I will be working with Aero for our ROB+D3 team =]

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! <
omg. <3 Shadow

gooood ideas man. I recently teamed with a Wario for the first time but only for a random teams MM, so we only played one set together...and it was awesome, and we didn't even have any real teamwork! We haven't had a chance to explore any of these great options yet and that was the next step, but you went and made that **** mad easy for us =D!!!! thanks a lot man...

Oh man...the combos ROB and Marth can do?!?! oooooohhh buddy!!! uthrow into Marth's u-anything?! fthrow to fsmash, Marth's grab-release [and other throws] into ROB usmash/fsmash/nair/bair..DAIR....just too good...there's so much more too...like: Marth can do upB on the stage more frequently and you can just laser him out of it so he can land safely. you can save him easily with a fair [or even dash attack] if he gets edgehogged

soloSHADOWROB

Smash Journeyman
Thanks for the Marth tips =]
I havent actually teamed with a Marth yet but just from experience Marth is a great team player and in some ways are similar to Wario =]
Hope I helped out in some ways
DQ and I have a new team though and its **** and we have the best combo ever lol
My D3 and his Luigi and our combo is . . . .D-Throw-> Luigi Up-B
Kills light characters roughly around 60%
Heavy characters around 80%
Ill have a Marth one up soon.
Toasty could you maybe send me the list that you made but in a numeric order so I can test at what percentage it could work =]
Thanks =]

chaos_

Smash Journeyman
imo Kirby because if u play a laser spam rob than Kirby can duck

Top Bottom