• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Best team mate for R.O.B?

chckn

Smash Ace
i find snake to be an excellent partner to rob, his tilts kill too easily, and his spacing game can be played around a partner easily, rob just has to be super aggro
yeah Ive done best when I tank with ROB and have snake for kills

Negative Zero

Smash Apprentice
I am liking the idea of ROB/Dedede, partially because it would be freaking impossible to kill that team.
Also, Dedede has that aforementioned killing power. The biggest problem I see is that Waddles tend to ruin the Gyro.

TwilightTrinity

Smash Rookie
Well R.O.B is pretty sweet and I personally think a D-air Ganon would work pretty well seeing as ROB could B-> someone into the air then have Ganon just curb stomp their *** xD

BudDudandSlash

Smash Apprentice
My favorite R.O.B. teammate is Pikachu.

Both can charge all out and both can projectile constantly well. They seem to protect one another well.

soloSHADOWROB

Smash Journeyman
I'd say Luigi would be a great partner for ROB
Luigi is one of the best partners anyone can gave
Lugi works best though with D3 and Wolf because you can use their D-Thrown and lead it up to an Up-B, F-Smash or whatever

Sudai

Stuff here
I wonder if it's possible to trap someone in ROB's side B, and luigi uses his upB
Doubt it. Hard to hit with ROB's >B and even if you do get it and luigi gets the up-b, the >B will just hold them in place anyway. The better bet is you grab and the luigi shoryukens them. Same as the grab to rest.

Wolydarg

Smash Journeyman
Any particular reason on the ROB/Diddy pairup?

I play with a Diddy main fairly regularly and I never noticed any significant increase in synergy when we did ROB/Diddy, it was usually better when he was Zelda, just for the extra KO factor.

Foxtrotter

Smash Journeyman
NNID
msfoxtrott
Wheeee, personal story:

I believe my friend's R.O.B. and my Pit were paired against some random people on Friend Finder, and we did fantastic. Arrow spam, lazahs, gyros... It kept the opponents at a distance, and both characters do semi-well at close range. Whenever somebody would try a ranged attack--Boom! Mirror Shield, Angel Ring, or whatever you call R.O.B.'s side-B deflected it. (Doesn't this just scream camp?)

This is all coming from a Fox main who can't play R.O.B. for her life, so my two cents might not be worth much. You're darn well getting it, though!

TeeVee

Smash Lord
I'd say a marth is as good as it get's.

He has that KO ability that rob is sort of lacking, and he covers 2 very hard match ups for rob (Meta & Gay and Watch)

Nitrix

Smash Ace
I just did some doubles play with a Zelda and it worked out pretty well. ROB edgeguards, annoys with Laser and gives Zelda the precious spacing she needs to bust out her Up-Smash and Dins's Fire like nobody's buisiness.

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
Marth is a mean teamate with rob
Ya, this is true. I main Marth and ROB is my secondary, and they complement each other perfectly in teams. Marth is great at racking up damage with dancing blade and dtilt etc. Also, if ROB grabs an enemy, Marth can easily tip an fsmash near the edge for a kill around 70% on any character. Great after a KO on the other enemy.

Rhykune

Smash Cadet
I think that Pit is great. Spam away with both characters, if the opponent has a spamming strategy too, get ROB behind the shielding Pit and spam safely from there until they approach. The one problem is that both aren't to great at KO'ing. If there was a strong killer who had a good reflector, that would be a great partner.

soloSHADOWROB

Smash Journeyman
Wario is one of ROB's best partners no doubt about it.
MK I dont know so much, unless your a super careful MK then I do believe they can make a good team.

TechnoMonster

Smash Ace
ROB racks up damage. Why team with someone who doesn't KO till 200%?

ROB lives forever. Another tank is nice, but we want a tank that can KO too. : P
Samus is an amazing teammate. A great spike, charge shot, u-air and z-air, heavy as ****, great edgeguarding.

Strategy for this team is throw them off and gimp the **** out of them, and never die.

null55

Smash Master
I would say Meta Knight, but in these boards I might get castrated.

HugS and Futile looked nice together though...

Psymon

Smash Sweetheart
Falco, Captain Falcon or DDD are probably the best bets but I have a friend who plays Link and plays as a life-tank, we do suprisingly well. I know people are probably wondering why I don't act as the tank....N-air is too much of a temptation for me ^.^

Psy.

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! <
so far I've done best with Snake/Marth/Metaknight on my team [placed 1st/2nd/3rd at tourneys with these teammates, no real order though]
The MK and I work well together, but I don't think it's the best match by character design [although upBing next to the tornado as it rises and then doing a nair just as they come out of the tornado? beautiful]. As it was said before the MK has to be very careful [ROB's slow and strong moves may not be noticed by a crazy/fast MK and you may accidentally kill him or rack up unnecessary damage]

I haven't teamed with a Wario, DDD, or G&W though I can only imagine the potential @_@

Fox is so effing fast and his upsmash is still godly, relatively speaking, but he's not hard to kill :(

So yeah...Snake and Marth are GREAT teammates ^_^

ipitydatfu

Smash Master
so far I've done best with Snake/Marth/Metaknight on my team [placed 1st/2nd/3rd at tourneys with these teammates, no real order though]
The MK and I work well together, but I don't think it's the best match by character design [although upBing next to the tornado as it rises and then doing a nair just as they come out of the tornado? beautiful]. As it was said before the MK has to be very careful [ROB's slow and strong moves may not be noticed by a crazy/fast MK and you may accidentally kill him or rack up unnecessary damage]

I haven't teamed with a Wario, DDD, or G&W though I can only imagine the potential @_@

Fox is so effing fast and his upsmash is still godly, relatively speaking, but he's not hard to kill :(

So yeah...Snake and Marth are GREAT teammates ^_^

LOL i agree with toasty marth, marths speed and range of his sword totally complements ROB.

from my horribad (well unexperienced mostly) DDD is a tad too big and they tend to hit each other, although both playstyles/attacks seems to work well in theory

chckn

Smash Ace
Ive teamed with so many different characters. DDD and snake are so good. Any character that can stock tank and kill is good automatically. Its REALLY REALLY helpful not having to save your nair to kill.

soloSHADOWROB

Smash Journeyman
Marth
Wario
Peach
G&W
Mario

End of it lol

MK works well with everyone
D3 is good but you have to learn to use your items without hitting your partner or learn when to use them to hit him when hes in trouble
DK works pretty **** well do from what I remember =]

Top Bottom