• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Best Players of All Time

Shikenshu

Smash Cadet
this thread is really hard to read with a straight face

top players of all time in terms of raw skill are

1. isai
2. mango
3. armada
4. m2k
5. pp

isai is #1 because I've never been to a tournament but I watched the documentary and they said he could beat anyone if he tried so that means he could beat everyone today. He is the best and I would su-

the rest are just the miom top 4. I call this list the isai>miom top 100>hbox>everyone else theory. miom top 100 is objective and while I don't know any of the players past the top 5 I can safely say I trust it 100%. I took HBox off the list because I read somewhere in a youtube comment that his bairs were gay.

and to anyone saying something with teh documentary was wrong. consider this. it also had right things. i just refuted your argument!
Best post of the thread

100% true

TobiasXK

Smash Ace
The term 'metagame' refers to using outside source information to coin the best way to, which in this case is to fight a current match-up you're about to face, take on the task at hand. Metagaming could refer to how one plays against a certain character using their own, but it doesn't necessarily make it the most popular choice. One might find it easier to use Falco against a Falcon just because you can laser to stop his progression, but another person might be very good at spacing with say, luigi's high priority aerials and that outside knowledge can lead him to decide that Luigi is his optimal choice. Has nothing to do with "These are the most popular characters played so here's your metagame.'.
that's one definition of "metagame", but it also gets used colloquially (and probably more commonly in competitive gaming spheres) to refer to a snapshot of high-level play, or the current set of trends in strategy and technique that are exhibited in top level play and that are required to succeed in top-level play. so saying that the current metagame doesn't favor Marth and Falcon to win majors—which is caused by actual gameplay-related reasons, rather than arbitrary popularity—isn't inaccurate.

X WaNtEd X

Smash Lord
I get that, but the documentary isn't exactly inaccurate. I totally get that it missed out on a few things, every doc does. I do have to agree that Chu deserved a more prominent place in it, as I hear more and more about hoe good he was and how good he still is. You have to accept that fact though that many people are getting the majority of their Smash history from the documentary. Sadly not everyone was there to witness all of the players and events first hand since 2002.
But ya know there's this handy thing called YOUTUBE and this other thing called TWITCH.TV that allow you to watch all the big modern sets and catch up with the scene. Too many new players are getting the wrong impression from the documentary and it's a problem. This thread is a testament to that. The fact that so many people had Ken and Isai in their serious top 10s is ****ed when he's not even top 50 anymore and is better than he ever was. That's literally how much better people have gotten. I'll give Ken credit though, he's adapting to the new meta at an alarming rate and I wouldn't be surprised if he started becoming more relevant in the modern scene.

Isai created the metagame that EVERYONE uses with Captain Falcon. Look at the documentary, Isai was the first to use Captain Falcon like that and from there on out everybody uses the character like that. Its a metagame that is still used over 6 years later.

In the match he played against Captain Jack it was more than obvious that he was sandbagging, so you really cannot judge his performance because of that match. I dont think he would get destroyed against the recent top players ( Hbox, PP, etc..)

When he actually wanted to win, there was no one that could stand a chance against him, not even Ken at his prime.

Look at the documentary part 3 ( The episode of Isai ''Dont Get Hit''. The only time that Isai is motivated to play was during the tournament: ''The Moast 3'' and Isai defeated Ken 3-2. This was during the time that Ken was untouchable and Isai still won...)

In my own mind, If Isai is motivated, there is no one can take him on and win. Either modern player or old one
EVERYTHING U WILL EVR NEED 2 KNO ABOUT SMASH IS IN TEH DOC GUIZE

Conversation with my smash friends:

"DUDE I'M TRYNNA LEARN TECH SKILL THIS WEEKEND"
"WOAH MAN THAT'S SOME TOUGH ****. KEN DIDN'T NEED THAT WHEN HE BECAME THE BEST IN THE WORLD WHEN THE GAME FIIRST CAME OUT. DASH DANCING BRO."
"YA MAN BUT I'M NOT AS GUD AS KEN!"
"LUCKY 4 U THERE ARE INDEPTH GUIDES TO ALL YOU'LL NEED 2 KNOW IN TEH DOC!"
"OH BOIIIIIII"

Last edited:

<LyKos>

Smash Cadet
Let's be real for a moment here. Comparing different eras of any game, let alone Smash, is incredibly difficult. The nature of any competitive field is that the players and metagame evolve, and with Smash, the metagame changes every year pretty consistently. That being said, comparing the Smash Giants of 06-07 to the Smash Giants of today can only be adequately done if you compare the dominance they held over the game and the competition during their time.

All that being said...
1. Mango
2. Ken
3. Mew2King
4. Armada
5. PC Chris
6. Azen
7. Dr. PP
8. HBox
9. KDJ
10. Isai

After the top 4, everything is still highly debatable in my mind.

X WaNtEd X

Smash Lord
I think everyone, even the people that should know what they're talking about are ****ing this thread up. Read what it's asking for again.

So I'd like to see some opinions on who people think are the top 10 best Melee players of all time.
That's not the top players during their reign or any of that bull****. Therefore, it makes no sense to include PC, Isai, Ken, KDJ or any of the older players that just about everyone has on their lists. Just about all those players are better than they ever were today and aren't anywhere near the top 10. KDJ and Ken are making some impressive comebacks but let's be real here, the top 10 players of all time are most likely the top players of today.

That being said, a more realistic top 10 that actually follows the guidelines set by the op would be the following:

1. M2K
2. Mango
3. Armada
4. PP
5. HBox
6. Leffen
7. Hax
8-10. are really hard to do. Seriously, there are too many players that contend for these spots. Everything else I can back up. I actually think Leffen might pull himself into the top 5 in the near future. Everyone hates him but he's looking like the new top fox assuming Mango retires soon.

M2K I made 1. because I feel as if when he's playing at his best, he's unbeatable. Recently, (last half year) he's been extremely dominant despite losing apex and rom. He just seems to have the game figured out.

Mango is #2 for obvious reasons

Armada was extremely dominant at his best, but I think both Mango and M2K at their absolute best come out a little ahead.

PP is still improving! I know it's insane but he doesn't really seem to have hit such as steep a plateu as a lot of other top level players because he's constantly been a second place player, and that's kind of given him the proper mind set of a champion. He needs to start winning more nationals. He's on the brink of legendary status.

HBox because there just aren't a lot of players outside the elite top 5 that can contend with him, new and old.

I already explained Leffen so I guess Hax at his prime with Falcon makes 7. He's easily one of the most technical players to have ever picked up Melee. His recent decision to dual main Fox and Falcon I think will allow him the best chances of winning tournaments once he fully unlocks his potential with Fox. Dual maining worked real well for M2K, why not Hax?

KariteSama

Smash Apprentice
The term 'metagame' refers to using outside source information to coin the best way to, which in this case is to fight a current match-up you're about to face, take on the task at hand. Metagaming could refer to how one plays against a certain character using their own, but it doesn't necessarily make it the most popular choice. One might find it easier to use Falco against a Falcon just because you can laser to stop his progression, but another person might be very good at spacing with say, luigi's high priority aerials and that outside knowledge can lead him to decide that Luigi is his optimal choice. Has nothing to do with "These are the most popular characters played so here's your metagame.'
You suck at sentencing.

Why has no one mentioned HomeMadeWaffles? I mean come on.

But seriously,

1.) Mango
2.) Armada
3.) Ken
4.) M2K
5.) Scorpadorp
6.) D1
7-10) Who give a $#!+

My point being beyond those top 4 it's incredibly subjective based on a player's major tournament wins, records vs top players etc. Also Youtube has literally revolutionized smash to the point that the average player now is so much better than they were in 2002. This means that it is far easier to improve at the game now then it used to be so the concept of old players becoming great again is not far fetched at all. Also, along these lines I desperately wish there were more videos of Azen's matches...

Last edited:

narizard

Smash Rookie
You suck at sentencing.

Why has no one mentioned HomeMadeWaffles? I mean come on.

But seriously,

1.) Mango
2.) Armada
3.) Ken
4.) M2K
5.) Scorpadorp
6.) D1
7-10) Who give a $#!+

My point being beyond those top 4 it's incredibly subjective based on a player's major tournament wins, records vs top players etc. Also Youtube has literally revolutionized smash to the point that the average player now is so much better than they were in 2002. This means that it is far easier to improve at the game now then it used to be so the concept of old players becoming great again is not far fetched at all. Also, along these lines I desperately wish there were more videos of Azen's matches...
Yeah I typed that in a fit of rage. I can agree with that though, there aren't that many videos of Azen.

strawhats

Smash Master
mango, m2k/armada (could go either way with these 2), ken, pc, pp, azen, chu, kdj, hbox, isai

Twilight Emblem

Banned via Warnings
Isai could have picked a much higher tier character than falcon and cared a lot more back in the melee days. If isai wanted he would have been untouchable to ken during all the years ken ruled. In the smash documentary that one "freak" tournament where isai wants to win and wrecks ken really hard isn't a freak accident but a statement to how much isai really held back.

If isai wanted to he could beat anybody. Even mangos best that mango himself has not seen would not be enough to beat a serious isai.

Mango full beast mode is a hard spot for second. Nobody touches mango in that state outside of a serious isai.

Thats my take on it

Last edited:

<LyKos>

Smash Cadet
Isai could have picked a much higher tier character than falcon and cared a lot more back in the melee days. If isai wanted he would have been untouchable to ken during all the years ken ruled. In the smash documentary that one "freak" tournament where isai wants to win and wrecks ken really hard isn't a freak accident but a statement to how much isai really held back.

If isai wanted to he could beat anybody. Even mangos best that mango himself has not seen would not be enough to beat a serious isai.

Mango full beast mode is a hard spot for second. Nobody touches mango in that state outside of a serious isai.

Thats my take on it
We saw "serious Isai" once in Melee singles. One incident is hardly enough to say he'd have a reign comparable to Ken's or Mango's. I know he's leagues and light years ahead of everyone in Smash 64, but we do not have evidence of that in Melee singles aside from that one tournament. We can say all we want about how someone could have been the best if he or she played at his or her potential, but if the results aren't there, potential means nothing in a list of the greatest of all time. Because Isai didn't have the results in Melee singles to back up the potential he displayed in occasional flashes (MOAST 3 being the most prominent, obviously), we can't put him in the same league as Mango, Ken, Armada, and M2K. Results-wise, he's not even close.

Purely speculative, but I think if Isai had given his all to Melee singles, he'd be, as Prog said, "The Armada to Ken's Mango." That rivalry could have been one of the all-time greats, key phrase being "could have been."

Last edited:

SpiderJerusalem

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NewBabel
3DS FC
4124-5499-0990
I understand Isai was skilled and talented at one point, but why do people keep putting him as the GOAT? Yeah he was great, but he never had ambition/the drive to be the greatest, and that's why he's never going to be the best of all time IMO. He never had the drive that players of today have. He certainly deserves mention in a list of the best, but at the most he breaks top 10.

Divine Fist

Smash Rookie
1. Mango
2. Armada
3. Dr. PP
4. M2K
5. Hax
6. HungryBox
7. Westballz
8. PewPewU
9. S2J
10. KirbyKaze

imo

Paradoxium

Smash Master
Sakurai is obviously the best player of all time, at his peak he ****ing created melee. I will admit, he fell off a little during brawl but who's to say he can't make a comeback to the top.

Last edited:

itsbme

Game on!
Slippi.gg
BME#828
Rethinking this.

1) Mango - Evo 2007. Up and coming player. Sends Ken to losers. Wait what?

Since his appearance, Mango has been good at the game. His great technical ability and his unrelenting pressure has always been his style of play. Actually reminds me of Ken's style, just too the extreme. He seems to have a second sense to know what move will hurt the most, and consistently makes good choices throughout his matches. He is also an innovator, showing creative ways to edgeguard M2K's Marth. If Mango keeps up his dominance, there's almost no arguing greatest of all time; he's in a time where there are so many good players for him to compete against, so his dominance isn't for lack of competition. As of now, i'll place him #1 on this list.

2) Ken - Best known for his amazing track record and his legendary unshakable mental. From Ken's appearance in 2003 to about 2005, he was undisputedly the best. Part of his dominance was helped by the fact a lot of the community lacked the fundamentals that he seemed to possess from the get go. Once the likes of PC Chris, KoreanDJ, ect, started rounding out their skill sets and improving there techincal skills, Ken was starting to lose some dominance. Even still, Ken was the most consistent player during his prime, just not insanely better like he was in the beginning. But Ken gets credit for pioneering the basics of Marth and the game in general. He had no best player before him to copy off of.

3) M2K - Like Mango said earlier, there was a period where his Marth slayed everything. Once upon a time he was just an average player getting beat by DA Wes. Next thing you know he's 3 stocking Ken's Marth. His longetivity is due to his motivation to keep getting better, which he has been, and has stayed relevant since his rise. Keep in mind M2K has been around for about 10 years; about the time most people need to master something. A true veteran of the game.

4) Armada - He hit you. You go die. He go win. He had his time, and although some might question if he'll be top again, no one can take away the time he was dominant. For a while, it seemed like even Mango couldn't over come him.

5) Dr PeePee - Strong minded and determined, his knowledge of the game and positive attitude have taken him a long way. Probably the best Falco user, and very solid with him. I don't see why he doesn't deserve to be on the list. His results speak for themselves.

(Honorable mention) PC Chris - He never had a long reign, but he drew first blood from Ken, and for a while made everyone reconsider if Ken was the true best at the game. He showed the weaknesses in Ken's style, by using his own style against him. His Falco developed into what was very much like Ken's Marth; dash dancing and doing moves to draw out an opening. At the same time his laser game limited Ken's movement, which he depended on. They would go back and forth a lot, and to my knowledge they went about even in all the sets they ever had. Prog once said Isai could've been the Armada to Ken's Mango, but PC Chris probably was the closest thing the community actually had to that.

Last edited:

SpiderJerusalem

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NewBabel
3DS FC
4124-5499-0990
Sakurai is obviously the best player of all time, at his peak he ****ing created melee. I will admit, he fell off a little during brawl but who's to say he can't make a comeback to the top.
Real talk though, does Sakurai "suck" at Melee?

<LyKos>

Smash Cadet
Rethinking this.

1) Mango - Evo 2007. Up and coming player. Sends Ken to losers. Wait what?

Since his appearance, Mango has been good at the game. His great technical ability and his unrelenting pressure has always been his style of play. Actually reminds me of Ken's style, just too the extreme. He seems to have a second sense to know what move will hurt the most, and consistently makes good choices throughout his matches. He is also an innovator, showing creative ways to edgeguard M2K's Marth. If Mango keeps up his dominance, there's almost no arguing greatest of all time; he's in a time where there are so many good players for him to compete against, so his dominance isn't for lack of competition. As of now, i'll place him #1 on this list.

2) Ken - Best known for his amazing track record and his legendary unshakable mental. From Ken's appearance in 2003 to about 2005, he was undisputedly the best. Part of his dominance was helped by the fact a lot of the community lacked the fundamentals that he seemed to possess from the get go. Once the likes of PC Chris, KoreanDJ, ect, started rounding out their skill sets and improving there techincal skills, Ken was starting to lose some dominance. Even still, Ken was the most consistent player during his prime, just not insanely better like he was in the beginning. But Ken gets credit for pioneering the basics of Marth and the game in general. He had no best player before him to copy off of.

3) M2K - Like Mango said earlier, there was a period where his Marth slayed everything. Once upon a time he was just an average player getting beat by DA Wes. Next thing you know he's 3 stocking Ken's Marth. His longetivity is due to his motivation to keep getting better, which he has been, and has stayed relevant since his rise. Keep in mind M2K has been around for about 10 years; about the time most people need to master something. A true veteran of the game.

4) Armada - He hit you. You go die. He go win. He had his time, and although some might question if he'll be top again, no one can take away the time he was dominant. For a while, it seemed like even Mango couldn't over come him.

5) Dr PeePee - Strong minded and determined, his knowledge of the game and positive attitude have taken him a long way. Probably the best Falco user, and very solid with him. I don't see why he doesn't deserve to be on the list. His results speak for themselves.

(Honorable mention) PC Chris - He never had a long reign, but he drew first blood from Ken, and for a while made everyone reconsider if Ken was the true best at the game. He showed the weaknesses in Ken's style, by using his own style against him. His Falco developed into what was very much like Ken's Marth; dash dancing and doing moves to draw out an opening. At the same time his laser game limited Ken's movement, which he depended on. They would go back and forth a lot, and to my knowledge they went about even in all the sets they ever had. Prog once said Isai could've been the Armada to Ken's Mango, but PC Chris probably was the closest thing the community actually had to that.

Paradoxium

Smash Master
Something funny I want to point out is that if you look at the youtube comments from years ago people talked mad **** about mango lol. They said he was a one hit wonder and that its because jiggly puff is broken and that mango just steals his playstyle from other pros, ect. People had the dumbest reasons for why mango wasn't good, even though he was beating the best players. It was just a good laugh to go through and read all of them trying to prove that mango's wins somehow didnt reflect his skill. ****in goofs

@MaNg0 why did they give you so much **** back in the day lol, what did you do to them?

itsbme

Game on!
Slippi.gg
BME#828
I suppose people didn't like the idea that Mango seemed to come out of nowhere and school a lot of people that were considered the top guys. His play style was really aggressive even with Jigglypuff, and maybe he was considered reckless and unsafe, and shouldn't have been effective as he was. There's the human side too, but I don't know since i've never met Mango.

Same thing happened when Ken showed up in 2003. People said he was overrated. Same thing when aMSa was going to show up for american tournies; he was considered a flashy Yoshi and wouldn't beat anyone notable.

itsbme

Game on!
Slippi.gg
BME#828
That's a pretty bad comparison. aMSa made a bunch of upsets, but they were all well received.
I was more comparing the lack of confidence people had in him. I suppose if Mango had beat everyone with Yoshi, he would've gotten love. B)

X WaNtEd X

Smash Lord
I was more comparing the lack of confidence people had in him. I suppose if Mango had beat everyone with Yoshi, he would've gotten love. B)
It really wasn't to the scale of mango, ken or anyone like that. Idk why everyone and their grandma finds a way to make aMSa relevant in discussions about players.

<LyKos>

Smash Cadet
Maining Yoshi and getting 9th at the 2nd largest Melee tourney ever is pretty note-worthy, I'd say. Beating Chudat, Silentwolf, and (I know there are others he beat at Apex). He also took a game off M2K at his first American tourney ever. Pretty relevant if you ask me.

itsbme

Game on!
Slippi.gg
BME#828
It really wasn't to the scale of mango, ken or anyone like that. Idk why everyone and their grandma finds a way to make aMSa relevant in discussions about players.
I wasn't using aMSa to say he is on the same scale, I was using him as an example of how people will dismiss someone as just a one hit wonder, like some said aMSa got lucky at Evo and once people get used to the matchup he's done, but instead he went to APEX and proved he was the real deal.

Also, aMSa is probably brought up a lot because no one else currently has been successful with Yoshi to the level that aMSa has been. Also, he's an extremely good player. Probably top 20 in the world in terms of skill level. It's exciting to see Yoshi being relevent as a threat, so who wouldn't want to bring him up? Like The Face of Beau said, he's taken out top players, and did good against M2K. And he's only been playing like 1 year!

To touch back on Mango, I was watching matches from 2008-2009. I forgot how good he was even back then. I enjoyed looking at the old videos of his Fox. It's way more polished now, but in those old videos you can still tell it's Mango's Fox.

X WaNtEd X

Smash Lord
I wasn't using aMSa to say he is on the same scale, I was using him as an example of how people will dismiss someone as just a one hit wonder, like some said aMSa got lucky at Evo and once people get used to the matchup he's done, but instead he went to APEX and proved he was the real deal.

Also, aMSa is probably brought up a lot because no one else currently has been successful with Yoshi to the level that aMSa has been. Also, he's an extremely good player. Probably top 20 in the world in terms of skill level. It's exciting to see Yoshi being relevent as a threat, so who wouldn't want to bring him up? Like The Face of Beau said, he's taken out top players, and did good against M2K. And he's only been playing like 1 year!

To touch back on Mango, I was watching matches from 2008-2009. I forgot how good he was even back then. I enjoyed looking at the old videos of his Fox. It's way more polished now, but in those old videos you can still tell it's Mango's Fox.
Yeah but people were dismissing Mango and Ken after multiple tournament successes. People stopped dismissing aMSa after he proved himself a second time. That's the differences. The latter is completely understandable and not really that big of a deal because it happens all the time. Albeit, aMSa is on a different level than most players who prove themselves after begin doubted, but that doesn't change the fact that it really isn't that remarkable.

I agree that aMSa is a phenomenal player, and probably around top 20 in the world (for now, as people may or may not adapt to the Yoshi matchup) but it just feels like people are throwing his name around far too often when it's completely unnecessary and irrelevant half the time.

itsbme

Game on!
Slippi.gg
BME#828
Yeah but people were dismissing Mango and Ken after multiple tournament successes. People stopped dismissing aMSa after he proved himself a second time. That's the differences. The latter is completely understandable and not really that big of a deal because it happens all the time. Albeit, aMSa is on a different level than most players who prove themselves after begin doubted, but that doesn't change the fact that it really isn't that remarkable.
I agree that aMSa is a phenomenal player, and probably around top 20 in the world (for now, as people may or may not adapt to the Yoshi matchup) but it just feels like people are throwing his name around far too often when it's completely unnecessary and irrelevant half the time.
I suppose, but I wanted to use aMSa as my example! I guess we can agree on people will say what they want, but results speak for themselves.

The idea of the best to use a character is interesting. My opinion, please don't take this as fact. I probably have no idea what i'm doing!

M2K: Sheik/Pichu
Mango: Fox
Ken: Marth
Falco: Dr PeePee
HungryBox: Jigglypuff
Darrell/HugS/Plup/Duck: Samus (I can't really decide. I think they're all about the same)
NEO: Roy (>_>)
Shroomed: Dr Mario
A Rookie: Mario
Armada: Peach
Wobbles: Ice Climbers
Darkrain: Falcon
Eddy Mexico: Luigi
DJ Nintendo: Bowser
aMSa: Yoshi (Damnit, I brought up aMSa again!)
Axe: Pikachu
Bum: DK
DireVulcan: Mr G&W (The OG G&W)
Kage: Ganondorf
Taj: Mewtwo
Mofo: Ness
Germ/J666: Link (Again, I think about equal but Germ is my hero)
The Lake: Zelda
I'm not sure about Kirby or Y Link.

Last edited:

Vixen

~::Fragile::~
Premium
HDL, and Zerelid Chaos historically have better placings as Link than Germ and J666. M2K's record as Marth is actually better overall than Ken's.

A Rookie is a good mario, but doesn't have the tournament record other past Marios did.

Just some food for thought.

X WaNtEd X

Smash Lord
HDL, and Zerelid Chaos historically have better placings as Link than Germ and J666. M2K's record as Marth is actually better overall than Ken's.

A Rookie is a good mario, but doesn't have the tournament record other past Marios did.

Just some food for thought.
I think the being the "best" with a character is more about skill than tournament placings. That being said, J666 would absolutely decimate Chaos in a link ditto. And had he been around that time, he'd have insane tournament placings. I think that A Rookie might actually be better than Mango's Mario. Remember, Scropadorp is about 5 years old now. A Rookie has taken some heads within the last year that Scorp at his peak wouldn't be beating with Mario.

X WaNtEd X

Smash Lord
I suppose, but I wanted to use aMSa as my example! I guess we can agree on people will say what they want, but results speak for themselves.

The idea of the best to use a character is interesting. My opinion, please don't take this as fact. I probably have no idea what i'm doing!

M2K: Sheik/Pichu
Mango: Fox
Ken M2K: Marth
Falco: Dr PeePee
HungryBox: Jigglypuff
Darrell/HugS/Plup/Duck: Samus (I can't really decide. I think they're all about the same)
NEO M2K: Roy (>_>)
Shroomed: Dr Mario
A Rookie: Mario
Armada: Peach
Wobbles: Ice Climbers
Darkrain Hax/S2J: Falcon
Eddy Mexico: Luigi
DJ Nintendo: Bowser
aMSa: Yoshi (Damnit, I brought up aMSa again!)
Axe: Pikachu
Bum Green Ranger: DK
DireVulcan Qerb: Mr G&W (The OG G&W)
Kage: Ganondorf
Taj/M2K: Mewtwo
Mofo: Ness
Germ/J666: Link (Again, I think about equal but Germ is my hero)
The Lake: Zelda
I'm not sure about Kirby or Y Link.
Fixed.

Ken is a good Marth, but let's be real. Ken's Marth today is better than it ever was at his prime back in the day, and there are a bunch of Marths that would rip him a new one.

I think Plup is the best Samus. Watch him at Shuffle V. He's been placing real high lately.

NEO was the best Roy back in the day. But Sethlon is better. And M2K's Roy is even better lol.

Darkrain...still a really solid Falcon, but he's long since been surpassed. Hax's falcon at its prime is easily the best. S2J when he plays on point is very close, though.

Greenranger is easily the best DK to ever play. Bum still owns though.

Dude go watch Qerb. His g&w is capable of beating high level players in today's meta, something Dire Vulcan wouldn't do at his prime.

Germ is pretty close to J666, but J666 is just straight up better. Idk man, I've just watched a lot of videos lol

I was actually about to fix Zelda and put in Cosmo, but I think recently The Lake has become better than Cosmo was at his prime.

Kirby...idc

Young Link definitely goes to Armada and Axe. I think maybe Axe by a slight margin because Armada's Young Link was designed specifically for the Puff matchup, whereas Axe built his Young Link in a more balanced manner.

Your list is solid, and would be perfect if it was 2009. Except then I would replace Cosmo with The Lake.

Last edited:
Top Bottom