• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Best Players of All Time

itsbme

Game on!
Slippi.gg
BME#828
Rethinking this.

1) Mango - Evo 2007. Up and coming player. Sends Ken to losers. Wait what?

Since his appearance, Mango has been good at the game. His great technical ability and his unrelenting pressure has always been his style of play. Actually reminds me of Ken's style, just too the extreme. He seems to have a second sense to know what move will hurt the most, and consistently makes good choices throughout his matches. He is also an innovator, showing creative ways to edgeguard M2K's Marth. If Mango keeps up his dominance, there's almost no arguing greatest of all time; he's in a time where there are so many good players for him to compete against, so his dominance isn't for lack of competition. As of now, i'll place him #1 on this list.

2) Ken - Best known for his amazing track record and his legendary unshakable mental. From Ken's appearance in 2003 to about 2005, he was undisputedly the best. Part of his dominance was helped by the fact a lot of the community lacked the fundamentals that he seemed to possess from the get go. Once the likes of PC Chris, KoreanDJ, ect, started rounding out their skill sets and improving there techincal skills, Ken was starting to lose some dominance. Even still, Ken was the most consistent player during his prime, just not insanely better like he was in the beginning. But Ken gets credit for pioneering the basics of Marth and the game in general. He had no best player before him to copy off of.

3) M2K - Like Mango said earlier, there was a period where his Marth slayed everything. Once upon a time he was just an average player getting beat by DA Wes. Next thing you know he's 3 stocking Ken's Marth. His longetivity is due to his motivation to keep getting better, which he has been, and has stayed relevant since his rise. Keep in mind M2K has been around for about 10 years; about the time most people need to master something. A true veteran of the game.

4) Armada - He hit you. You go die. He go win. He had his time, and although some might question if he'll be top again, no one can take away the time he was dominant. For a while, it seemed like even Mango couldn't over come him.

5) Dr PeePee - Strong minded and determined, his knowledge of the game and positive attitude have taken him a long way. Probably the best Falco user, and very solid with him. I don't see why he doesn't deserve to be on the list. His results speak for themselves.

(Honorable mention) PC Chris - He never had a long reign, but he drew first blood from Ken, and for a while made everyone reconsider if Ken was the true best at the game. He showed the weaknesses in Ken's style, by using his own style against him. His Falco developed into what was very much like Ken's Marth; dash dancing and doing moves to draw out an opening. At the same time his laser game limited Ken's movement, which he depended on. They would go back and forth a lot, and to my knowledge they went about even in all the sets they ever had. Prog once said Isai could've been the Armada to Ken's Mango, but PC Chris probably was the closest thing the community actually had to that.
Reposting because I want to be like the cool kids, because they seem to fit in.

Yes I stole that from a song.

Top Bottom