• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Best Characters for Teams?

yuki-chaan

Smash Rookie
I've heard many different things about several characters for teams, since teams is played so differently because of having a teammate and the chaos that results from 4 people fighting. Like a lot of people have said people use fox because of versatility, but some say he can die rather easily. Some say Falco suffers a lot because of his weak recovery, though some people have used him well as a DPS. Marth can be laggy, Ice Climbers can't do chaingrabs, Falcon can knee people easier, etc. My question is, to those more experienced in teams, which do you think are the best and worst characters for teams and why?

If we get some good responses we can put them in this post for easy reference.

Edit:
Oh, and also which character combinations do you think work well together?

Red the Ghost

Smash Ace
You can make most characters work for teams. If you want detailed pros and cons, you can probably find them somewhere in the character specific boards.

xbombr

Smash Ace
Best: Fox, Falcon, Jiggs
Worst: Bottom tiers

Fox: He's fast, versatile, has great KO potential, and no bad match ups 1 on 1. Shine can help break up less than favorable situations.
Falcon: He's fast, kills at early %'s without having to gimp, and his partner can help him make up for his crappy recovery.
Jiggs: Partner can wake her up from rest, amazing recovery, and great aerial game. She can save pretty well.

I also think Marth is underrated in teams. He's got great damage output with proper spacing, good manueverability, and he lives to tank-esque %'s on larger stages (like DL). Where most Marths run into trouble is having partners that don't know when to get out of the way or if they get overly ambitious with their fsmashing. If they're swinging at their partner too much, then things go downhill fast, but that applies to any character. Marth is just more annoying since he has a huge range.

ViciousEnd

Smash Journeyman
Top Characters to look at in teams are Fox, Jiggs, Peach, and Falcon. All offer some incredible strengths to the teams format.

Other characters that are very good, but require a little more knowledge of how to team with, and some significant adjusting to their own play are Sheik, Ganon, Marth, and Falco.

th0rn

Smash Lord
yes, jiggs needs a partner... but the partner's char depends on what characters you're up against.

As long as you have a jiggs tho, you're all set. ;)

Lib3r4t3

Smash Ace
Mew2King told me he thought fox, sheik, peach, and puff were the best four people in teams. I completely agree with him.

I think just behind that that Falcon, Luigi, Ganon and Marth are the next best.

TresChikon

Smash Lord
really good in doubles tier
Fox/Puff

also good in doubles tier
Peach
Sheik

Better than the rest in doubles tier
Falcon
Marth
Falco
Ganon

The Rest
everyone else
AXE is laaaaaaaammmmmmmmmeeeeeeeeee

it's a good thing this is invisible.

muahahahha i can say ANYTHING!

DJ Nintendo

Smash Champion
There are characters that aren't high tiers who are mad underrated in teams. It all just depends on the player.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
I remember a long time ago when falcon was considered one of the worst teams characters.

a heavy fast faller with a terrible recovery and gets wrecked by both shines and sheik. seems like the worst teams character you can have

edit: roy is pretty good in teams too

AXE 09

Smash Master
There are characters that aren't high tiers who are mad underrated in teams. It all just depends on the player.
I agree 100%
umm, pikachu sucks huge ***** compared to high tiers.

fact. =p
I think he sucks slightly less huge ***** in teams.

That u-air is amazing.
yeah, i kinda think that if there was a tier list made for how good a character is in teams matches, pikachu would be pretty high lol

is falcon and sheik really that good in teams?

AnDaLe

Smash Champion
my favorite team is fox falcon just cuz of SS/Tang, it has to much combo potential. But imo the best team would be a peach and puff lol, Floaties. Or double fox.

Igcoris

Smash Journeyman
axe, i've seen chudat play a mean pikachu in teams once. i'm pretty sure he lived fairly long and KO'd at pretty low %s.

he's fairly fast and has a good recovery. how well have you done with your pikachu in teams?

unknown522

Some guy
fox destroys teams.

fox
jiggs
peach
sheik

falco
falcon
ganon

also, axe's posts are correct. His u-air is amazing. Also, he can get good u-smash kills and recover well, since there are so many distractions.

DJ Nintendo

Smash Champion
Chu Dat, Axe, myself and other pro Pikachu players been already proved that Pikachu is really good in teams. I've always said it for years that Pikachu is the low tier version of Fox. There move set is extremely similar. Pikachu can up-smash combo like Fox, his up-smash is stronger, his up-air can kill like a shine spike, his up-air can be used to juggle and connect to other attacks like Fox, his f-tilt has super priority, his recovery is really good, his up-B can be useful even for edgeguarding and saving your teammate, his projectile is good, he can almost short hop nair like Fox lol, his thunder is a good combo finisher, kill, or lifesaver, he's a rat so of course he's fast lol, and the list goes on.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Rh07T6_LpA

Here's a video of my Pikachu using thunder to save my teammate:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ceOB53-Xq1g

AXE 09

Smash Master
...Pikachu is the low tier version of Fox. There move set is extremely similar. Pikachu can up-smash combo like Fox, his up-smash is stronger, his up-air can kill like a shine spike, his up-air can be used to juggle and connect to other attacks like Fox, his f-tilt has super priority, his recovery is really good, his up-B can be useful even for edgeguarding and saving your teammate, his projectile is good, he can almost short hop nair like Fox lol, his thunder is a good combo finisher, kill, or lifesaver, he's a rat so of course he's fast lol, and the list goes on.
dude, i couldn't have said any of this better myself lol. this is exactly what i think

yuki-chaan

Smash Rookie
I agree 100%

yeah, i kinda think that if there was a tier list made for how good a character is in teams matches, pikachu would be pretty high lol

is falcon and sheik really that good in teams?
Falcon and Sheik are good cause they have kill moves that can kill people quickly and efficiently at low percentages, and both can move quickly about the stage to get those skills. The really big falcons like Scar and SS seem to know how to destroy in teams.

Pikachu has those moves too, and he has a better recovery to boot. I'd say he's better, but there just aren't that many people playing him in teams for me to say that confidently.

I see so many foxes on teams in videos it seems like he can be a support character to any other character very well

And then any floaty character that can hold stock seem very good lol

TemPesT-

Smash Lord
this thread should be about best team combinations, not just about which specific character is best...

imo at least.

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
def. Fox and Jiggs for best.

As far as combinations... that gets tough because so many characters do well with say, fox and jiggs lol

But seriously... Ganon and Peach is a great team and underrated imo.

N64

Smash Champion
falcon's strength in teams is being able to be anywhere on the stage in about a second. And usually kneeing in the process.

Fox, Jiggs, Peach, Sheik are prob top four, as has been mentioned, in about that order imo.

and yeah, pika's alright.

Signia

Smash Lord
I feel like Marth takes the biggest hit in viability from singles to teams.

edgeluca

Smash Lord
NNID
Edgeluca
3DS FC
2879-0257-1267
Samus is underrated for teams. She can save easily, can kill and rack up damage, and as long as you play like spaceballs, she's not too slow.

Top Bottom