• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BEAST 2 Info Dump! Armada wins!

Status
Not open for further replies.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
i would have liked to hear poundslap's commentary

but he was too busy sitting on armada's lap during matches

Jonas

Smash Champion
& as far as "falling out" goes, I think that's a half-empty, half-full scenario. I'd like to think that Europe as a whole has just gotten a lot better, but idk.
Calle W was never THAT good in the first place, sorry to burst your bubble. He's really good at playing against Armada, because he does that so often, but don't expect him to place 2nd or 1st at just any tournament he goes to.
Ya it was also last stock, last match too.. he might of been able to do it if he didn't pick Fox 2nd game or if he didn't get ***** on 5th game in the beginning. Too many people tried Fox for some reason, haven't anyone learned yet!? lolll.

No johns. =P
Lol exactly, a suprising number of people actually play somewhat evenly with Armada, but then they lose, pick Fox and just get *****.

Veetaak

Smash Lord
The commentary was pretty funny if you where there but don't take what he says in a serious matter

I don't approve of biased commentary though, sarcasm or not it's not so nice for the people playing and for those who travel far just to play at our tournament. Everyone should show some appreciation towards the foreigners :)

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
haha ice's fox was doing really well though. even if he got 4-0'd, his last two games he was actually ahead for a bit

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
i wanna see him in the usa haha. bring that fox and marth to ntsc. wowsers.

he is really really good.

_Rocky_

Smash Ace
Calle w lost to the 2nd and 3rd place finishers in the bracket and almost beat zgetto

Dunno how thats falling out
(tekk beating him also didnt surprise me)

:phone:

Jonas

Smash Champion
Btw who did all those "pause screens"? Some guy just made one of the characters do a certain pose, pause, adjust the camera and repeat on any setup that wasn't currently in use. It was too awesome :laugh:

Calle W

Smash Apprentice
I lost to good players, so I'm not that disappointed about my performance. I think I would've made it to WF if had beaten Zgetto though. =)

APEX will be a piece of cake anywayz. ;D

EDIT: Smash is sooooooooo amazing btw. I'm definitely gonna become more active (when it comes to actually playing the game in between tournaments) again. =D

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
omg haha super excited to see that :D

i was also very impressed by leffen during the stream

fleskelapp

Smash Rookie
Btw who did all those "pause screens"? Some guy just made one of the characters do a certain pose, pause, adjust the camera and repeat on any setup that wasn't currently in use. It was too awesome :laugh:
That would be me, some other Norwegians and that penis-guy from France. I especially liked the Pikachu with a hookshot from behind.

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
1) His Falcon's better
2) Armada hates Falcon
3) Armada loves Fox
I know that Falcon is his best character, and I know the match-up differences, but I'd support his decision to use Fox on the grounds that he did it to get good tournament experience with the character he's trying to main.

But then again, knowing him that's probably not what was going through his mind, lol.

leffen

Smash Champion
I lost to good players, so I'm not that disappointed about my performance. I think I would've made it to WF if had beaten Zgetto though. =)
Nevah! ;) Bring it dude, so happy to see your interest sparking again man. I'm gonna start playing falco in friendlies again...lol. Sweden ftw!

oh and zgetto and ice are soooooo good vs falco, its ****ing stupid :< Oh well, your going down next time along with Armada!

Jonas

Smash Champion
He definitely gave him a run for his money. It also seems like he's just getting better and better all the time (although Hack beat him this time), so maybe one day... ;)

saska

Smash Cadet
i made those blood falcon upthrowing ones >_>

MikeHaggarTHAKJB

Smash Master
The commentary was pretty funny if you where there but don't take what he says in a serious matter

I don't approve of biased commentary though, sarcasm or not it's not so nice for the people playing and for those who travel far just to play at our tournament. Everyone should show some appreciation towards the foreigners :)
nah bra **** flopmericans and the other non-swedes
glad to see the EU's and your tournys are much more relevant to americans now

good ****
what you meant to say is that flopmerican tournaments are completely insignificant to everyone now.

JerkPhil

Smash Journeyman
Ice did the fox on the cloud ones the first morning ^^

Tekk

Smash Lord
Amazing tournament, I'm really tired now and will probably do shoutouts later, but anyway thanks a lot to Lolex and Aniolas for this (and for awesome housing from Lolex), and to everyone I played with.

Shoutouts to the italian players, especially Overlord, AvengerAngel and Flavio for being so fun to hang out with, and props to Ice for ****** losers' bracket.

The only bad points of the tournament were leffen being super disrespectful to french players (trahstalking us on the stream during the crew battle vs Norway) and cheating on the characters pick in teams, and porc & me having to face each other after only 2 matches.

Anyway it was a great experience, and really motivated me to travel in the future.

Vegard

Smash Lord
The only bad points of the tournament were leffen being super disrespectful to french players (trahstalking us on the stream during the crew battle vs Norway) and cheating on the characters pick in teams, and porc & me having to face each other after only 2 matches.

Anyway it was a great experience, and really motivated me to travel in the future.
Say what? Cheated how?

WIDL

We Are Born
Amen to the point about trashtalking, Tekk. I was so annoyed when I played Mahie (is that how's it is spelled?) - for one, I was nervous as hell, since he beat me previously in the first regional battle (though my DI was godly), also it was on the livestream. Someone yelled, I have no idea who it was, "Peach, have you seen the matchup chart?" - I figure they said it because I kept spacing my fairs badly and having all my turnips powershielded (props to Mahie though, mad powershields yo, I did at least even out the match on FD in R2 Pools by one whole stock or something :D).

oh, @Tekk, sorry for forgetting our MM. >_< You probably would've beaten me anyways though. :p

Overall I'm happy with my results. I made it to R2 pools, won one game with Pikachu (I did jab x20~30->upsmash on leffen in that tree on pokémon stadium, kinda cool). And somehow I managed to 2-1 Joanna Dark in R1 Pools (he won my pool), while three-stocking him on DL64. o_o

Me, Navntøsen, ælj and Penisman/penisguy/Mononoke (?) made many pause pics. But me, Tøs and ælj made the ones with Pikachu with party hat ****** another pikachu, link penetrating pikachu with the hook-shot, peach showing off her undies, g&w in the air with oil panic (ness-bucket shield glitch y'all) and some others... ah, yeah, Marth giving Ganondorf a blowjob. xD

Tekk

Smash Lord
When Slhoka and I had to face him and AJPanton in doubles bracket, he picked falco, Slhoka picked Sheik, ajp picked Luigi and I picked puff. He asked us "are these your characters ?" we said yes, and then he picked fox. He did exactly the same vs Djagof & Fauster Fayk.

I don't think I will let this happen next time tho.

Vegard

Smash Lord
Yea, if you guys didn't take any action asking for blind picks, it's on you ... I mean he could be extremely good sport about it and done it himself, but why would he if you seemed all fine with it.

leffen

Smash Champion
I wasn't "thrash talking" you. Noone wanted to do commentary (trust me, I asked everyone) and I was just honest about the french being ****ing crazy with their waterfall / stupid chants and I commented a bit on how I really wasnt interested in the matches and just wanted to sleep. I didnt say anything of the like that someone spaced badly, that it was a pointless mm or w/e you think I did LOL. I did misinterpret mahie's joke about Porc ****** my Yoshi though lol, sorry for that.

And you misunderstood the teams, I had falco selected from the start since we played on the tv beforehand and I asked slhoka if he wanted to change since he got sheik the same way iirc. And if you don't call double blind pick, there is no such thing as hindering your opponent from swapping and I certainly didnt do it after the striking. Honestly, I knew you played puff and I played Slhoka's sheik at Genesis, I KNEW you would play those characters...

AJP and me barely take anything seriously in teams, we spend 90% of all matches just laughing at stupid ****. Oh and It was the first bracket match and you were 4th seeded, I couldn't have cared less about your team and your characters, no offense.

Stop being so salty just because I won vs you 3 times during the tournament lol.

EDIT: I have NO idea who fauster & his teammate is

Tekk

Smash Lord
Stop being so salty just because I won vs you 3 times during the tournament lol.
I have absolutely no problem with you beating me several times at this tournament, as I had no problem losing to Eagle and Enig in MMs.

The problem is: you have an arrogant and douchey attitude towards others players, and then you make excuses about it (if you were tired and not interrested in our matches, why did you stay on the livestream to trashtalk us "some nubs are playing" instead of going to sleep ?).
And no, you arrived on the TV to play teams at the same time we did, but whatever, it's not that important anyway.

The main issue is your attitude, and I'm not the only one who thinks that.

leffen

Smash Champion
I have absolutely no problem with you beating me several times at this tournament, as I had no problem losing to Eagle and Enig in MMs.
That reasoning is p. damn bad ;o

The problem is: you have an arrogant and douchey attitude towards others players, and then you make excuses about it (if you were tired and not interrested in our matches, why did you stay on the livestream to trashtalk us "some nubs are playing" instead of going to sleep ?).
I also said that if you had just fkn listened you ignorant salty bi tch. I had no sleeping bag/pillow so I couldnt sleep and I left the second that a sleeping spot opened. And since you're just saying "other" players I'd like examples lol because 99% of it is just pure fkn salt

And no, you arrived on the TV to play teams at the same time we did, but whatever, it's not that important anyway.
I didnt say that I arrived before you, I just said that I had played on the TV beforehand.
The main issue is your attitude, and I'm not the only one who thinks that.
Ok. Continue. Please.

Tekk

Smash Lord
Okay, since you clearly cannot discuss this issue without insulting me, I don't think debating with you is worth the try.

You'll grow up eventually.

leffen

Smash Champion
Okay, since you clearly cannot discuss this issue without insulting me

"The only bad points of the tournament were leffen being super disrespectful to french players and cheating on the characters pick in teams"

Oh I see. Really, what did you expect?

Jesus, I swear, it's always the people I beat that whine. Stop being such crybabys please.

D

Deleted member

@leffen good **** at beast, you played super well from the matches i've seen

see you at apex

==

to further expand on mikes commentary, i thought it was extremely hilarious and entertaining and is way better than 99.999% of american commentary where they **** their pants because a marth did a f-smash on a shiek. plus they sound really ******** when they go OOOOOOOO OHHOHOHO when they didn't do anything amazing ?_?

and the best (and worst part for stream viewers) was when hack(?) (some marth) barely won with an up-tilt vs a spacie and mike orgasmed really hard, breaking the stream and sound

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom