• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bdacus

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
anyway, in order to do it with Falco's laser:

1.) short hop
2.) laser at peak
3.) while still falling press forward on analog and upC on C-Stick at the SAME TIME
(u can test if ur doing this correctly if a dash attack comes out immediately after the laser)
4.) press C-stick up again immediately. spamming works but i think timing it would be best

Player-1

Smash Legend
What's the timing for step 4 omni? When I was practicing it with Diddy I could do step 3 consistently, but when I tried mashing the C-stick up for step 4, I could only do it sometimes.

Omni

BRoomer
It's very specific. It may be a one frame kinda' thing.

You have to hit upC after you land on the ground but before your dash attack animation starts. Even within that window, there may be 2 or 3 frames. I believe hitting it on the earliest frame possible during this window is what makes the DACUS go so far. I could be wrong.

I'm in practice mode trying to see if I can get it more consistently.

Edit: Okay, I'm nailing it about 4/5 times now. What I'm doing is delaying the laser until the minute instead of pressing it too early. I seem to get it more consistently with silent laser and the level right above the silent laser.

It's a fast motion. Just laser, forward + upC buff, press upC immediately.

I think with practice it just becomes muscle memory.

2nd Edit: I think the key is to do forward +upC buff IMMEDIATELY after you press B. That's what's helping me the most.

Player-1

Smash Legend
It's very specific. It may be a one frame kinda' thing.

You have to hit upC after you land on the ground but before your dash attack animation starts. Even within that window, there may be 2 or 3 frames. I believe hitting it on the earliest frame possible during this window is what makes the DACUS go so far. I could be wrong.

I'm in practice mode trying to see if I can get it more consistently.

Edit: Okay, I'm nailing it about 4/5 times now. What I'm doing is delaying the laser until the minute instead of pressing it too early. I seem to get it more consistently with silent laser and the level right above the silent laser.

It's a fast motion. Just laser, forward + upC buff, press upC immediately.

I think with practice it just becomes muscle memory.

2nd Edit: I think the key is to do forward +upC buff IMMEDIATELY after you press B. That's what's helping me the most.
well I was talking about diddy...but I'll assume the timing is the same?

I could never do it out of a spotdodge but managed to do it out of a Usmash, fair, uair, banana throw, and lowering my shield

Omni

BRoomer
well I was talking about diddy...but I'll assume the timing is the same?

I could never do it out of a spotdodge but managed to do it out of a Usmash, fair, uair, banana throw, and lowering my shield
hm, this is pretty difficult with Diddy. maybe he has different timing.

i can do it with his aerials. the fastest and easiest way to do it seems to be to do it out of d-tilt. it comes out REALLY fast. my method is to simply do two very quick c-stick ups (making sure your analog goes to neutral after the buffer)

i've only done it twice with his sidestep. not sure why it's harder to be more consistent with Diddy.

Player-1

Smash Legend

i can do it with his aerials. the fastest and easiest way to do it seems to be to do it out of d-tilt. it comes out REALLY fast. my method is to simply do two very quick c-stick ups (making sure your analog goes to neutral after the buffer)

i've only done it twice with his sidestep. not sure why it's harder to be more consistent with Diddy.
the closest thing I ever got with his sidestep was a very short one where you saw the dash attack into the usmash instead of the usmash, like diddy's normal dacus with A.

blazefox

Smash Journeyman
Update on Toon Link:
I've got it to work consistantly for Toon now, but it travels just as much as his normal DACUS /: So no big boost like with Diddy. (Goes off to test my other mains :p)

:Update: I was wrong, it goes about a foot farther then his normal DACUS, so it goes the same distance as his hyphen. )'=
You'll know you're doing it right for Toon if you see Toon lurch forward like he's going to dash attack and then upsmashes.
So, I decided to try out a few characters to see if everyone with a momentum boost on their dash attack can do it and... Ike can. But it's the same distance as his hyphen. Bummer.
Falco's is just wierd. Standing at the middle of FD, he travels to the outside of the last arrow when facing left. Though the hitbox on the up-smash hits on the first arrow. So since FD's floor looks like:
[ << <:> >> ]
...------
.....^
the --- represent the distance he travels, with the ^ showing where he upsmashes.
Sorry for the crap diagram but.. I have no capture device. )'=

Ganon doesn't get anything out of doing it. He gets about a foot boost from it, as if it was stutter stepped, kinda.

Wolf gets a distance boost just like Falco. Seems to be the same distance. Except Wolf's upsmash hits where he stops, rather then him sliding another 4-6 feet after up-smashing. And for w/e reason I couldn't get it to work out of his spot dodge. Not sure if it's the ending animation or what, but it didn't work for me.

Wario's travels about 3 feet? farther then Falco/ Wolf's. And it hits during the last 7 feet or so of the slide. Though it has the lowest vertical reach of the 3.
Jigglypuff's is about as good as Wario's reach wise. She gets the same distance (about) in the slide, but her hitbox isn't multihitting, obviously. Timing isn't very strict for any of them, either. Besides Wolf, I could do it out of spot dodge 9/10 times.

Snake's is just like his normal DACUS. Travels just over half the reach of FD, jut without you being able to charge it. But then again, it comes out so fast... it could be useful for mindgames.

Link's is the same deal. Travels same distance as his DACUS, which is respectable. Only problem is his n-air, b-air, and f-air all auto cancel so, up-air and d-air are really the only possible aerials to buffer out of, and the lag on them is.. O:

Toneh

Smash Lord
Snake's is just like his normal DACUS. Travels just over half the reach of FD, jut without you being able to charge it. But then again, it comes out so fast... it could be useful for mindgames.
u can hold z when u do it to charge.

Not as useful for snake, gota set it up and you dont have a dash attack hitbox in front of u like the regular one

snakes is super easy so im guessing it depends how hard it is to do a normal dacus.

Diddys is 2 annoying to do. I duno if diddy's is gona be that great when u use it tho

humble

Smash Ace
xD This would be hilarious if Diddy could throw his nanner, then immediately do this and catch it while upsmashing them. Regardless, if mastered this tech will be veeeery useful for Falco and diddy, who benefit the most (so far) I'm scared of a laser chasing falco, frame traps ftl.

Anyone try Pit yet?

Kishin

Smash Ace
This is cool, but personally, I don't think it'll be that game changing. Seems too situational + difficult + not really even all that rewarding. But hell, I wouldn't mind if someone changed my mind.

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer
Ok, so I'm having some trouble performing this. Can anyone test it with Peach? Her dash attack is very similar to Diddy's, she can't DACUS or DASC normally.

If Peach can DACUS upsmash MK out of a grab release, then Peach:MK might be close to even. lol

Tristan_win

Not dead.
Ok, so I'm having some trouble performing this. Can anyone test it with Peach? Her dash attack is very similar to Diddy's, she can't DACUS or DASC normally.

If Peach can DACUS upsmash MK out of a grab release, then Peach:MK might be close to even. lol
Hello Praxis I'm Captain Mood kill.

There's no buffing frames after a grab release so even if Peach can do this dacus she wont be able to do it out of a grab release.

Pikabunz

Smash Hero
NNID
Pikabunz
3DS FC
1134-8730-8374
There are buffering frames after a grab release, but it doesn't matter. Peach doesn't go very far with her buffer DACUS.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER

There's no buffing frames after a grab release so even if Peach can do this dacus she wont be able to do it out of a grab release.
Yes there are. No buffer frames for the person breaking out of the grab, though.

D1

Banned via Administration
don't forget it works with Falco.

it's really fast, too. it's like... short hop, laser ZOOOOMIES look at dat upsmash oh wait u can't cuz it's too fast DACUS tech ftw

also, i believe it should work with ANY move that has any kind of lag or recovery. i tried with all of Falco's aerials and his laser with success.

i'll try his sidestep and b moves

edit: geezus, yeah it works out of sidestep and over. comes out ******** fast. it seems like in order to get the max distance that you have to C-Stick up after the buffer at the earliest frame possible.

now the fun part is going to be finding applications for this
Huh? Falco? Hit me up on pms ma d00 I wanna try this out! I dunno how, who, what, where, or when...but I wanna learn this and apply it to Falco.

Ruler

Smash Apprentice
Lol I'm trying to get it to work with sheik grab release :/

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
i played a few games with RAIN today, and i saw him grab release to this on MK as a finisher (using falco). dunno its its guaranteed or whatever, but it was still pretty awesome.

iRJi

Smash Champion
I think you should add the steps you had earlier onto the OP. Since some people are still asking how to do it.

Omni

BRoomer
I mean, I know that. What Falco does in that situation instead of just get as much damage as he can with pummels. This may tempt the MK to struggle out (because he'll ground release if he struggles during a pummel animation).

Ultimately, if the MK chooses not to do anything he'll eat a good 10-15% in pummels with a throw to top it off.

CO18

Smash Hero
I mean, I know that. What Falco does in that situation instead of just get as much damage as he can with pummels. This may tempt the MK to struggle out (because he'll ground release if he struggles during a pummel animation).

Ultimately, if the MK chooses not to do anything he'll eat a good 10-15% in pummels with a throw to top it off.
Mk is allowed to pummel he just cant press jump while doing so lol

-Jumpman-

Smash Champion

Lol, I would NEVER try to air release against Falco. IIRC a dacus is guaranteed. And Omni, every char can air release that way.

Omni

BRoomer
ohhhh

i didnt know pressing jump causes the air grab release. i thought it was just pummeling in general

thx guys. knowledge is power!

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
alright imma try practicing this now. I got recording equipment set up so i can record and post if needed

btw is there any agreement on an official name for it?

extended dacus?

dacus 2.0??

so i dont get them confused

Also the data in this thread is so messed up...we need a clear, cohesive and to the point step by step list written out as to what move can be preformed first then what needs to be buffered next. For whatever character, from whatever aerial/tilt/b move into this new dacus.

Are we using smash set to C-stick? or Attack set to c-stick?

clowsui

Smash Legend
wtf i'm receiving conflicting information here

in the falco back room we discussed falco grab releasing wario

and xonar or somebody else said no matter what they press, jump included, they don't air release

but then if MK presses jump he air releases? wtf? somebody clear this up plz

Turbo Ether

Smash Master
Pretty sure every character will air release if they press jump, as long as they're not being pummeled.

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer

Even if this is true, Peach can groundfloat a nair and buffer it out of the tiny landing lag from that. Or raise and drop shield. Would be tight timing though.

Typ_Ex

Smash Lord
clowsui

wario will air release if he jumps and you dont pummel

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
wtf i'm receiving conflicting information here

in the falco back room we discussed falco grab releasing wario

and xonar or somebody else said no matter what they press, jump included, they don't air release

but then if MK presses jump he air releases? wtf? somebody clear this up plz
I said that if they press jump they air release, because everyone has the crazy thought that just mashing makes someone air release.

in either way, snake/yoshi can air release everyone iirc.

Silhouette

Smash Lord
Also the data in this thread is so messed up...we need a clear, cohesive and to the point step by step list written out as to what move can be preformed first then what needs to be buffered next. For whatever character, from whatever aerial/tilt/b move into this new dacus.
Im sure they'll compile all the info once we get vids for all confirmed and testing done on everyone.

btw Xonar: your avy is tight.

edit: 500th post yo

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
if pressing jump caused all characters to air release, wouldnt that make gr infinites/chains against ness and lucas obsolete? but they still exist... i dont think its that simple.

omni mentioned that either mk mashes or eats heaps of pummels... this makes more sense to me.

Top Bottom