• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BC Stats Smasfest @ SFU Surrey: TBA

SpaceFalcon

Smash Lord
What happened to all those old sfu burnaby players? like the doc player, and mr. legend. Sucks they stopped playing, even though they were active at that time.

unityole

Smash Lord
What happened to all those old sfu burnaby players? like the doc player, and mr. legend. Sucks they stopped playing, even though they were active at that time.
roby dota tmrw? i will be at sfu surrey tmrw, games room close at 4 30 pm which is lame. smash64 with the viet guy then dota afterwards.

the doc plyaer is Talking_Chicken, from victoria and hes into another game at the moment.
mr. Legend is johning on msn when i ask him to come to smashfest, feggit

Zero_P

Smash Ace
lol john was soooooo filipino

and a huge robosexual

his last name is passion which is mad ironic since he has never stuck with anything for more than a few months

looooool

Bwmat

Smash Ace
it's ganon fo sho

I mean, just look at how kage beat the best player in the world!!11!!

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
Falcon for sure. Jiggs too. Sexytime

Roy sucks and is boring unless he's fancy and sucks more. Ganon is too easy to spam with and can't do anything cool.

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
Why does Silver City only have Avatar in 3D? I just watched Avatar with 2 people that can barely see in 3D. WTF!? lol

Best Cowboys vs Indian with a Matrix twist on invasion parody EVAH

And yeah, that's right, I'm in Vankuvah nyukahz!

unityole

Smash Lord
its good to see willfred kenny manli and keith again after so long. i remember the last time smashing with them was over 6 months. I ended up getting some stats at Keith's place, will, keith, kenny, adam and john.

as of now the next smashfest will be in Jan 7th Thursday. unless the majority people cant make it, we can probably have it on Jan 6th Wednesday. let people know your schedules yo and post here.

unityole

Smash Lord
It goes back as ancient as the cosmos. Before the dawn of Ken. The best players that I had heard about in canada were Mike and Jarrod. They attended some of the EARLIEST national scale smash tournaments in North America, doing quite well. I think one time Mike even beat Ken but I'm not 100% sure about that. I didn't really like melee before this time. I thought everything falled too fast and too quickly. I forced myself to like it by playing more and more. Of course, I always had Eric to play with and our interest in the game grew as our skill did.

This is back when I didn't have a SWF account. I had an account on "gameFAQs". "The kirby cheat", "how to unlock sonic", "Sheik is broken", "Marth is broken". All these phrases were heard time and time again and for some time, Sheik was on top of the tier list. Then one day I heard about this guy named "gamepro88" I was looking for people to play to test my ability against. I mained sheik at the time and thought I was pretty good. Eric mained falcon at the time. This is back in 2003. So, I got a hold of gamepro and invited him over. I could beat his peach (which held the WR for Peach BtT at this time) but not his sheik. He was grabbing me repeatedly and I could not escape. 'WHAT IS THIS!?' I cried. He was 2 and 3 stocking my sheik by chain grabbing me every stock and I didn't know ANYTHING of this so called "DI".

I talked with gamepro and he said he had recently gone to Edmonton to play the LEGENDARY "Punch Crew". This was the earliest "smash crew" I had ever heard of and was composed of Nick, Aaron, Mike, and Jarrod. gamepro claims to have beaten everyone except Mike. "Mike is good" The first combo video I had every seen and oh MAN! I was impressed! Mike's DK looked so good!. Anyways, shortly after this, Eric and I hosted our FIRST tournament at my moms place in Richmond. I was a favorite to win and in the grand finals I had to face "Nintensity". I was using Fox at the time and to my dismay, this FALCO knew how to Short-hop Laser. "How do I get around this!?" I thought to myself. "It's so unfair". Nick ended up beating me 2-1 in the grand finals (only best of 3 at the time). There WERE videos up but they have been lost for years now.

Troy, Weeg, Shu, Wilfred, Darius, Victa, Ryan (Not cow ear)

Now let me tell you about wilfred. Wilfred and I were the FIRST smashers in BC besides gamepro88 to travel OOS to a tournament. We went to Edmonton for a tournament and took 3rd in doubles and Wilfred got 3rd in singles. I got like 7th.

Victa was another peach main, like wilfred. Back in the day his "cheap" tactics caused him to win all of our tournaments, that is until SKYPAL came up for the first time. SKYPAL was a legendary crew from Washington, also near the dawn of the cosmos. They came with teching, they came with L-cancelling, and they came with mad skills. Kei could not be stopped, he was the first person we had ever seen to TRULY **** Victa. He used fox and was WALL TECHING PEACH's Downsmash!!! We were all in awe at this spectacle of broken'ness.

Darius was another of the original players, and his friend Jeremy as well. Darius was a marth player and in 2003 or so, he created the best DI thread of it's time on SWF. I'm sure if you dig around somewhere you'll still be able to find it. Jeremy was his friend, also used marth. He was never amazing but he could give us all some good matches.

Ryan.... oh my god... the ness. This was the best Ness I had ever seen! His spacing, mindgames, and timing were so good and since none of us knew advanced techniques or utilized them well enough he was able to beat all of us. I think him and victa had a crazy insane close set and it was really hyped.

The earliest "smash crew" I knew of in Vancouver was composed of a fox, doc, and luigi. I remember going over to "Shu's" house in Vancouver. We met darkdragon88(troy, the creator of the original BC thread) and his fox could infite. He was considered very technical at the time. I remember having some very close matches with that crew. They were at the same level as eric and myself at the time (but we were a bit better) =p. There was one teams match that was recorded of me and eric (double falcon) vs troys fox and shu's doc. Team attack was off, because we didn't know that you were supposed to play doubles with team attack on at the time, and me and eric ended the match with a double knee. It was ****ing ****.

At this time, the top players in BC looked a bit like this...

1) Victa - Peach
2) Ryan - Ness
3) Wilfred - peach
4) Nintensity - Falco
5) Adam - Sheik
6) Eric - Falcon
7) Troy - Fox
8) Weeg - Luigi
9) Shu - Doc

Gamepro88 is somewhere in there too but I honestly can't remember how many of had surpassed him if at all :/

This was a huge turning point in the smash scene for BC, and a time when our best players were truly put to the test as they faced off against some of the titans of smash... this was a reality check for the most part, to make us realize how far behind the top level of play we truly were...

I remember meeting a man named "Patooty". I had started talking with him on MSN. He was interested in coming over to play some smash. We agreed on msn that we would do a $20 MM without even having seen eachother play before. At the time, I mained falco, and Tiep (Patooty) mained Samus. I won 4-1 or 4-2 in a best of 7. Tiep said he enjoyed playing and would really like to play again. A few times later he brought over his younger brother Cow Ear (Ryan). The first time Ryan came over, I don't think he said even one word, he was very quiet and shy. His fox was pretty good for a 12 year old kid I thought.

The 4 of us: Ryan, Tiep, Eric, and myself began playing at least twice a week. Ryan and tiep would usually come over on the weekends and the four of us would play together. We began to steadily improve and when MLG came up to Seattle in 2005, we decided we would go and test our skill on a national level.

Shortly before MLG, I decided to pick up ganon. Specifically for the reason of beating Sastopher. I was told by Mikemonkey that he was the best player in the north-west and he mained peach. I asked mike what a good counter for peach was and he said Ganon did well. This is when I decided I would train up my Ganondorf with the intention of beating Sastopher. Little did I know, this would not be an easy feat to preform.

MLG Seattle 2005:

This was big, this was HUGE. Our first tournament out of the country on American soil. We knew what we were going to be up against. We had seen videos of Ken, Azen, and Isai (the top 3 in North America at the time) but we had never played any of the pros before. Tiep drove down with Ryan and Eric and myself drove down with my mom and step dad. Before we even got to the venue, I was sweating... I was so nervous. This was mine (and WC canada's) first time to represent our region out of state, and some of the best players in north america, even the world, were going to be in attendance. Wr drove into the heart of down town Seattle. The streets were busy and kind of dirty. We walked into the lobby of a fancy hotel, the decor was amazing, a very aesthetically pleasing venue to say the least. We walked through a big double door after paying our venue fee and before us were at least 2,000 sq feet of carpet with rows and rows of TV's. I was amazed. NEVER had I seen such a thing. There was also a Halo tournament going on at the same time. The Halo TV's and players outnumbered the smash TV's and smashers about 3:1.

Right away we began warming up. I recognized some faces but I hadn't really seen what the smash pros looked like before. Then I saw the list of entrants....

Chu, Isai, Husband, Sastopher, Kei, Bob$, Zelgadis, Variety Barrage, ..Azen..."Azen"... my heart stopped, I knew very well that Azen was considered one of the top 3 players in all of North America. The idea of playing him and being in the same tournament as him made my tournament anxiety even worse. I was also excited at the same time. "Isai" Another one of the top 3. The best 64 player of all time and best melee falcon player in the world was also here. I actually had brought my 64 setup and had a $20 MM with Isai. We played about 50-100 matches of 64. Anyways, long story short, Tiep and Ryan got 8th in teams. I played Sastopher first round and he didn't even use peach against me. Eric placed the highest out of the 4 of us in singles (with doc) and doc ditto'd Bob $. Behind the well known players, canada placed fairly well. We were all fairly happy with how we had done.

Anyways, shortly after this time we had a few new additions to our smash scene. A few up and coming players and what not. John AKA Hitsugaya showed up with Darius and Jeremy one day and smashed with us. A pretty small guy who would soon surprise everyone with his talent and ability. John didn't take long to catch up to the level of the Richmond crew (tiep, ryan, eric, myself) and when BC went down to California for the first time (0C2) John and I ended up teaming.

0C2 (2006*)

Hitsugaya, Patooty, Cow Ear, xXx-NoobKing-xXx, Nintensity. This was the lineup for BC at 0C2. One of the biggest melee tournaments ever. There were around 200 and some people and doubles was the first event. John and myself were unfortunate enough to get Variety Barrage and Sastopher as our first opponents. It was pretty close but they defeated us in the first round of 2v2 bracket. We then went on to beat like 8 teams in a row including PC Chris & Kaiser. We used Ganon and Peach and just ***** everything. We narrowly lost to King and Germ and definetly caused alot of upsets by taking 13th place or so. John also went on to beat Bob $ and other good players, taking 13th or so in singles. Amazing. In crews we beat some scrubs and then 2nd round we had to face a team of Chu dat, Isai, Captain Jack, Ken, and Manacloud. We took half their stocks which was pretty good. Ryan (Cow Ear) took a match off Captain Jack in pools and in the end, canada did pretty well overall.

I believe the best canadian placings were...

singles: FalseFalco - 17th, Hitsugaya - 13th, Chester - 25th, Cow Ear - 33rd/Vwins - 33rd

doules: Hitsugay & Noobking - 13th...

Also, I beat Eddy in ganon dittos, GG.

...more to come..

-noobking

unityole

Smash Lord
gg stories adam, history class right there.

smashfest Jan 7th Thursday, Eric and Sion are coming to this, anyone else?

Top Bottom