• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BC Stats Smasfest @ SFU Surrey: TBA

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
lol john showin em moves
No matter how hard i try, i just can't seem to win... it's kind of depressing. I'd have to REALLY work hard to up my game with falcon at this point. I'm getting that same feeling I had when I got sick of Ganon. I mean I'm not sick of Falcon at all, but I feel i should be beating people that I'm losing to. Anyways, I don't want to be emo but yah... it's discouraging. I worked SOOO hard to get good with falcon and I still can't beat ****ing falco and fox secondaries in BC's top 5-8, **** me! Not to mention Sion who I somehow play my best against but still end up losing q_q

Anyways, I'm not actually mad. Just kinda dis-heartened. I came to SFU today with a different mindset than usual, and I ended up preforming worse than last time when I was kind of care free. Anyways, GG's I guess :/ We need more setups at this from now on. 3 setups is not enough, and the other TV's lag.
Just my thoughts here but...
Maybe it's time you picked up another character? All of the secondaries of the top 5-8 might mean something. As in to be one of the top, you need a little more diversity. You can always have fun and be good with another character, and it could probably get you out of slumps too. If not, do it for fun or just to try. You've been playing for so long, surely there's another character (or more) that you've wanted to play competitively.
Maybe now's the time to do it?
Just my thoughts. :\

Edit: good **** will :D

xXx-NoobKing-xXx

Smash Hero
No johnz Adam. Will did fine against me and had the right idea!
I got you to last stock on my least favorite stage in my most difficult matchup. I think I did allright. I think FoD is actually better because I have the safety of low platforms when u techchase me. Then again, if Will had "the right idea" maybe I should be asking him for advice ;)

I actually created a thread on falcon vs sheik and got some tips on what to do but haven't had much time to implement anything properly :/

yeah, playing against pr spacies

feels bad man
use DK

Patooty

Smash Ace
lol hey Adam, hope I showed you that Falcon/Marth isn't as stacked as you think :)

sometimes i just sandbag a lot... lets call the MMs off until like next month or something when you have your mojo back

Edit: Will, prepare your list of character bans lol

Igcoris

Smash Journeyman
lol hey Adam, hope I showed you that Falcon/Marth isn't as stacked as you think :)

sometimes i just sandbag a lot... lets call the MMs off until like next month or something when you have your mojo back

1 Fox
2 Falco
3 Marth
4 Sheik
5 Ice Climbers
6 Jigglypuff
7 Peach
8 Samus
9 Luigi
10 Doc

unityole

Smash Lord
stats are up, www.sfu.ca/~yjt/smash/short.htm

apparently theres some problem with excel convert to html due to the fact that too much info on 1 page. this is to say that when u click on the link, u might see or might not see a thing at all. to solve this just keep on refreshing till u see it all. sometimes resizing the browser helps too.

also I strongly suggest people to view it with IE and not firefox

edit: Cash prizes will be handed out next thursday, as of now:

Tony: $4
John: $4
Tiep: $3
Ryan: $2
Roby: $1

edit: also if more people show up earlier next week, I WONT BE SLEEPING, we will have a small tournament.

unityole

Smash Lord
new stats system will be put into action from now on =/

its impossible to solve to excel problem unless u got a supergood spec computer, which only few people has it. the excel stats file exceeds 15 mb and over 3k lines long, also a pain in the *** for me to fix everything so this is how its going to work from now.

eric
adam
roby
meta
sion
matt
tiep
ryan
tony
yakal
john
tim
manli
rusty
will
keith
quinn
scott
choco

scott, rusty, quinn, will, keith, choco
---------------------------------------
wilfred, broken, mrlegend, coud, firefly

zPhoenixExz
brokenhitbox
mrlegend
coud
vince
kenny
james
jake
mike
kuso
ikool
unityole
12browndeep
talkchicken
lysander
zieg

BC high/low tier, its the same as before, each half will only game within themselves. exception when people in the midline where they can only have stats interaction with others from the opposite side, but not very often.

btw for the lower tier players, if you think you are better and should be at least at midline, the stats will say everything after 2-3 smashfests, and i will change it accordingly.

xXx-NoobKing-xXx

Smash Hero

Yah no jonz, it was close. However, I would like to std with you for 8 hours straight on the same TV and see what happens :)

Luigi, Doc, ICs..... i didn't know my Falcon was THAT bad :p
Wills good at falcon dittos.

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
eric
adam
roby
meta
sion
matt
tiep
ryan
tony
yakal
john
tim
manli
rusty
will
keith
quinn
scott
choco
zPhoenixExz
brokenhitbox
mrlegend
coud
vince
kenny
james
jake
mike
kuso
ikool
unityole
12browndeep
talkchicken
lysander
zieg
That's sexy quantity

I've heard there's quality to match it.

I'd like to add that Okanagan has some to add to that quantity + quality as well.

james
chris
jamie
ben
kaelen
kris
dave
barry
steve
aj
ryne
max

We're like baby bro!
:)

Victoria is our twin!
Where you at twin?

Igcoris

Smash Journeyman
Naw, now that I started hanging out with him more I call him Evan too. We're brothers from other mothers <3

EDIT: His being the Filipino mother.
Does that mean I'm like 1/4 white? :laugh:
You guys and your 1st name basis. Be warned that when Meta comes around, Sion is most preferred because I hate mixing up name calling.. and since he came first(LOL so immature), he gets the right to the name.

Yeaaaahz. I gotta listen to Evan yo, he knows all. Rolling is invincible and cannot be punished at all.

I prefer calling you Evan lol. AM I THE ONLY ONE?
Spot dodging is also invincible and un punishable along with rolling.

unityole

Smash Lord
everyone should come next thursday, as early as possible to take over the TVs. and more time for pools and a proper stats/bracket tourney.

sion adam roby and mike are going to show up at noon to 1ish
can anyone else show up that early too? i would prefer if everyone can make it there before 2 or 3 pm.

Get@Will

Smash Champion
You should play your Falcon more often Evan, it ***** so hard.

Actually, all your characters ****. WHAT THE F? get @ Sion.

SpaceFalcon

Smash Lord
I agree. Good **** today Will. You are steadily improving. I see alot of SS in your style of play.

No matter how hard i try, i just can't seem to win... it's kind of depressing. I'd have to REALLY work hard to up my game with falcon at this point. I'm getting that same feeling I had when I got sick of Ganon. I mean I'm not sick of Falcon at all, but I feel i should be beating people that I'm losing to. Anyways, I don't want to be emo but yah... it's discouraging. I worked SOOO hard to get good with falcon and I still can't beat ****ing falco and fox secondaries in BC's top 5-8, **** me! Not to mention Sion who I somehow play my best against but still end up losing q_q

Anyways, I'm not actually mad. Just kinda dis-heartened. I came to SFU today with a different mindset than usual, and I ended up preforming worse than last time when I was kind of care free. Anyways, GG's I guess :/ We need more setups at this from now on. 3 setups is not enough, and the other TV's lag.
No worries lol, I lose to most people in fox dittos (even some ranked lower then me) which is pretty sad considering that used to be my all time GG no re match-up. Well adam, we just need to practice secondaries more often lol, playing the same characters for so long gets predictable. And when you learn more characters you'll have a different (but better) playstyle with your main, me thinks.

lol.

People overrating this set so bad. They obviously don't know how much johns a hangover is. Mango drank the night before, but everyone just yells NO JOHNS! oh well, go canada :lick:

I might be down for smash at SFU mon or tuesday, someone good better show up and practice with me.

Michael_BluFalco

Smash Journeyman
Like Tiep, he is good with all the characters..

Anyway everyone who is coming next thurs confirm yourselves.. Jack doesn't want maybe's he wants a yes or no.

Jack Tu says (4:42 PM):
im giving this **** up
if no one gives a **** anymore
Michael - abc uo says (4:42 PM):
so your not hosting next thurs?
we will see
if the turn out is gay i'll quit hosting
Jack Tu says (4:43 PM):
****ing quit stats