• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bayonetta Summons the Climax! Updated OT. - (Old Bayonetta Support Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
It would and wouldn't work. It's one of those things that'll piss off people for no reason and please them at the same time.

HugoBoss

Smash Journeyman
While she may have a chance, I doubt that she will appear. That would be two Sega reps, and she seems too.....you know.

IronFish

Smash Ace
I personally see the fact that Bayonetta is SEGA property as a point in her favor rather than the other way around. Sonic being in shows SEGA is willing to work with Nintendo on stuff, Hideki Kamiya and Sakurai being friends also helps. If Snake can get in on the creator being friends with Sakurai, so can Bayonetta. TLDR: I support Bayonetta for logical reasons.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero

This kind of makes you think. I doubt the character would be a clone at all since she's a third party. I do think it's possible that ZSS's model could be used to make Bayo though. (Plus Max is graspin at straws. lol)

Last edited:

IronFish

Smash Ace

This kind of makes you think. I doubt the character would be a clone at all since she's a third party. I do think it's possible that ZSS's model could be used to make Bayo though. (Plus Max is graspin at straws. lol)
I think they would use the same model but use different moves, so not being a clone. Bayonetta makes to much sense to not be in the game, so I hope Sakurai picked her

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
There's no real similarities with Zero Suit Samus and Bayonetta. Ok, thight suit and heels that are more than heels, but that's it.

If Bayonetta does get some "clone" moves from ZSS, it would stop to some normal moves. And that's far from making her a clone.

Ixbran

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
4549 - 7836 - 2775
So now its official, both Bayonettas games on gonna be on Wii U <3

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Yep, that's cool for the nintendo fans who didn't played the first game! The Peach, Link and Samus costumes are hilarous, also :laugh:

But... Do you think Pac-Man kills Bayonetta's chances? I always thought 3 guests is a good limit.
I also wonder why it is Black ZSS here.

(A lot of people compare ZSS and Bayo, which is wrong... But here, why using this alternate?)

VictoryIsMudkipz

Smash Journeyman
I think the whole ZSS x Bayonetta talk is what makes me think that Bayonetta's chances are higher than some may think (I very much doubt Pac-Man's inclusion hurts her chances at all..) but the fact that ZSS takes up a lot traits that are similar to Bayonetta with the heels with guns in them, their similar agility, and the fact that they're portrayed as very Sexy characters, which makes a good parallel for Bayonetta's entry. We've seen previously that Sakurai likes to make parallels for characters like with having Mario, Megaman, Sonic, and Pac-Man all in one game, as well as contributing to the fact that Pac-Man and Game & Watch are like the OG's of video games both being released in 1980. So I could see Bayonetta being introduced with ZSS being such as like a rival to her even though they come from two different worlds and franchises (even though in the Bayonetta 2 trailer, she is shown wearing Samus' outfits)

All in all, it all depends on Sakurai's & Hashimoto's decision on whether or not, Bayonetta should be in the game, because it is no doubt that she is a fit in the game. Plus we've seen the overhaul of female characters in this game including WFT, Samus, ZSS, Peach, Zelda, Shiek, Female Villager, and Rosalina + Nana (Ice Climbers), so I doubt Sakurai would pass up a chance to add another female.

Last edited:

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
I think four may, POTENTIALLY, be our limit if Snake returns. (I doubt it right now) However, three is also a good limit.

I think Bayonetta still has a chance but like you said, It's up to Sakurai and Hashimoto.

Last edited:

Ixbran

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
4549 - 7836 - 2775
I think the whole ZSS x Bayonetta talk is what makes me think that Bayonetta's chances are higher than some may think (I very much doubt Pac-Man's inclusion hurts her chances at all..) but the fact that ZSS takes up a lot traits that are similar to Bayonetta with the heels with guns in them, their similar agility, and the fact that they're portrayed as very Sexy characters, which makes a good parallel for Bayonetta's entry. We've seen previously that Sakurai likes to make parallels for characters like with having Mario, Megaman, Sonic, and Pac-Man all in one game, as well as contributing to the fact that Pac-Man and Game & Watch are like the OG's of video games both being released in 1980. So I could see Bayonetta being introduced with ZSS being such as like a rival to her even though they come from two different worlds and franchises (even though in the Bayonetta 2 trailer, she is shown wearing Samus' outfits)

All in all, it all depends on Sakurai's & Hashimoto's decision on whether or not, Bayonetta should be in the game, because it is no doubt that she is a fit in the game. Plus we've seen the overhaul of female characters in this game including WFT, Samus, ZSS, Peach, Zelda, Shiek, Female Villager, and Rosalina + Nana (Ice Climbers), so I doubt Sakurai would pass up a chance to add another female.

if you dont mind my asking, where did you get transparent high res renders of bayonetta in these costumes? Are there versions of them each individually?

VictoryIsMudkipz

Smash Journeyman
if you dont mind my asking, where did you get transparent high res renders of bayonetta in these costumes? Are there versions of them each individually?
I found them on Google Images, they are all in one promotional picture for the new Bayonetta game
Here's the link:
http://cdn02.nintendo-europe.com/me..._1/quattro/CI16_WiiU_Bayonetta2_image600w.png

Not to my knowledge are there pictures of them individually that are also transparent in backgrounds, but if you have like paint or an image editing software, you could easily split the three into individual models with the transparent backgrounds..

Last edited:

Ixbran

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
4549 - 7836 - 2775
Made some new Bayonetta character Icons. Based off the current main cast with the newly released renders.
  • Heres Bayonetta:
  • Heres Loki:
  • Here is Jeanne:
  • The Masked Lumen:
[collapse=Character Renders]

[/collapse]

Last edited:

VictoryIsMudkipz

Smash Journeyman
I definitely need a Jeanne Alt. costume for Bayo, and in reference to the OP with Sakurai visiting Platinum, I find it interesting that like with Shulk (Getmasu Leak), Sakurai actually did some field work when researching new characters. Like with this picture of the Monado that Sakurai posted to his twitter not to long ago..

Makes it seem with Sakurai's trip to Platinum that, Bayo's possibility is more likely, especially with somewhat of Hideki Kamiya's approval via twitter
"So if there was ever the opportunity to feature one of my characters in a Nintendo game, obviously I would be extremely honored."

Last edited:

Wii Twerk Trainer

Smash Ace
NNID
Wiifitgaypride69
If Bayonetta makes if in I can see her being DLC. Her game comes after Smash 3ds I believe but I could be wrong. If Bayonetta is playable in Smash 4 my brother is gonna main her and so would I lol

Ixbran

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
4549 - 7836 - 2775
I always thought "Bayonetta Gunning the Competition!" sounded pretty cool

Ixbran

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
4549 - 7836 - 2775
http://condemnorcondone.com/future-bayonetta-games-could-continue-exclusively-with-nintendo/
Platinum Games have issued a statement stating that due to all the respect and support Nintendo has been giving them with the development of Bayonrtta 2 with the Wii U, they are strongly considering keeping the Bayonetta franchise a Nintendo console exclusive series.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/06/26/bayonetta-3-could-happen-as-nintendo-exclusive-says-dev
Yusuke Hashimoto said:
"Should the opportunity arise I’d definitely like to keep nurturing this franchise," he said. "In terms of nurturing the content of this game, there’s a lot that we learned from Nintendo and if possible we would love to do it again and keep nurturing our child."

I feel that it’s important to let your creativity flow and Nintendo has been able to provide us with the freedom to create what we had originally envisioned. We were able to have a lot of back-and-forth and they were able to provide objective feedback. I feel that was really good and helped push Bayonetta 2 to even higher quality."

We started out with a fundamental freedom, with Nintendo telling us to go and create the game as we saw fit. But as the game started to take shape and we were starting to put all the pieces together, they were able to point out some things that we didn’t realize ourselves. That was really helpful for us.
So ya, Bayonetta has a chance of being a Nintendo exclusive franchise, so I feel this greatly enhances her chances off getting into smash bros significantly.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Hmm... I wonder if Bayonetta is one of the potential DLC characters. Platinum must already be involved on at least a "'k guys, we cool?" level if the Wonderful 101 are trophies.

Altais

Smash Champion
Starbase, where no turtle has gone before.
Originally, I was not all that interested in Bayonetta, as I am typically not into mindless action games, unless they have a unique concept. That, and its theme does not exactly fit mine taste. But, I really liked Platinum's other games, namely Okami and The Wonderful 101, so I thought I would further research the Bayonetta series. The story seems to be interesting, though some of the cutscenes were a little ridiculous, in mine opinion. I was thinking about skipping Bayonetta 2 for the Wii U, since I really do not like to start in the middle of any series, but now that I know the first game, which I have not played, is being included for free along with the second, I think I will give this game a chance.

Anyhow, though Bayonetta does look like she would have an interesting playstyle in Smash Bros, until Nintendo gets the rights to the series, sadly I do not see her getting in anytime soon.

Last edited:

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
Bayonetta exclusive to Nintendo consoles?

That makes me a little giddy to know Nintendo might get exclusive Platinum games. Sadly i feel like it wont do well enough for that to happen. :(

Last edited:

NewGuy79

Smash Journeyman
HEY EVERY BODY

greetings from the Isa, Ridley and Krystal support threads, don't give up on Bayonetta! our smash picks may be abscure or new or controversial BUT THAT CAN'T STOP US FROM DREAMING.

So take this! the last of my 4 character support gifs!

AND KEEP ON DREAMING EVERY BODY!

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895

I've been thinking the boots looked way too similar to Bayonetta's gun heels since the initial release as well.

Jeanne

Smash Apprentice
Idk if this was brought up but what if instead of getting naked on the screen for her finals smash she just enters a portal and the wicked weave sakurai decides to use for it comes out and wrecks on the stage with the player controlling its movements and attacks.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
Idk if this was brought up but what if instead of getting naked on the screen for her finals smash she just enters a portal and the wicked weave sakurai decides to use for it comes out and wrecks on the stage with the player controlling its movements and attacks.
Or she just keeps her clothes on when doing the moves. lol

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
I'm becoming increasingly interested in the Bayonetta games. There's something about it's style that appeals to me. Plus it's completely bonkers and it doesn't care.

Hmm... I wonder if Bayonetta is one of the potential DLC characters. Platinum must already be involved on at least a "'k guys, we cool?" level if the Wonderful 101 are trophies.
Nintendo owns The Wonderful 101 IP, so they can do whatever they want with it.

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
Bayonetta will be dlc IMO.
If Bayonetta makes if in I can see her being DLC. Her game comes after Smash 3ds I believe but I could be wrong. If Bayonetta is playable in Smash 4 my brother is gonna main her and so would I lol
I'm pretty sure Sakurai hasn't confirmed DLC yet. For all we know she could already be an unlockable in the game.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
You know considering Sakurai is supposed to be friends with Bayonettas creator, I think people ought to support her more. We've already seen what Sakurai is willing to do for a friend.

Also I just listened to the Bayonetta 2 main theme (Tomorrow is mine) and it's crazy catchy, I'd love to be able to battle to it in smash Bros.

If Bayonetta was in do you think they'd be able to use the Frank Sinatra song?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom