• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bayonetta Summons the Climax! Updated OT. - (Old Bayonetta Support Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ixbran

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
4549 - 7836 - 2775
It appears that SEGA is still involved with Bayonetta 2, though.
by name only though, they have ownership of the first title and ergo need to be involved with the second for what ever reason. Its nintendo's money thats going into it, and PGames is the one thats making it. I imagine Sega probably has a single representative sitting at PGames headquarters and just walks around the isles spying on everyone as they work at their computers and acting like hes involved when hes really not.

Kamiya, just like Sakurai, is a living enigma.
http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2013/...be-honored-have-his-characters-nintendo-game/

It's not surprising they are friends.
Thats one of the reasons i like Hideki, hes only nice to people who don't bother him or are polite to him. If a fan goes up to him demanding him something or acting rude, of course hes going to blow up at them. and I imagine people constantly bringing up a possible new star fox game in every single conversation was driving him nuts so he did what he had too in order to get people to drop the subject.

Last edited:

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Reminds me of all stupid "Add [insert character name]" posts on miiverse.

Oh, also, for the lulz, last argument I saw against Bayonetta in Smash 4 is "She is too tall / her legs are too long".

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Oh, and I forgot "Bayonetta won't join Smash 4, Zero Suit Samus is a reference to her"
True story. Because some moves look the same (moves Zero Suit Samus had in Brawl, prior to the first Bayonetta game), and because of the jet boots, because it looks a lot like the gun heels.

ErenJager

Smash Champion
I don't think it'll happen but it's not impossible.

- Sega own's the IP to the character, so if it gets put into Smash Sega needs to approve, we already have a Sega rep (Sonic)
- Character would need to be modified to the point where it wouldnt feel like her anymore, no point in putting in a character just to censor it.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
Honestly, if we do get Bayo, Sakurai would have likely gotten the approval when he got Sonic.

- Character would need to be modified to the point where it wouldnt feel like her anymore, no point in putting in a character just to censor it.
That's exactly the reason why she wasn't in SEGA All-Stars Racing. They didn't want to ruin her.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
I don't think it'll happen but it's not impossible.

- Sega own's the IP to the character, so if it gets put into Smash Sega needs to approve, we already have a Sega rep (Sonic)
Well, is she more a Sega character or a Platinum Games character? I do think she represent more PG than Sega.

About censoring... It's part true, part false. Brawl is a PEGI 12 / ESRB T , while Sega Racing is PEGI 7 /ESRB E. And that change a lot of things.

I don't really know how ESRB work, but I know that what makes Bayonetta PEGI 18 is the Blood and the language, not her sexy pose, nor the partial nuditity (even if it's clever censoring, her parts are never seen in game).

I also want to mention the sexy Morrigan, who talk about Shuma Gorath tentacles and Phoenix Wright mouth, or Felicia's outfit in Marvel VS Capcom 3, who have the same rating than Brawl. There's even one DoA xtreme Volleyball who got a PEGI 12 rating, and we all know this game is the definition of fan-service, and NOT a volleyball game :troll: There's also japanese games where female character get their parts covered by steam only and it's still gets a PEGI 12 / ESRB T rating. In fact, in PEGI ratings, sexual innuendos or sexual posing is only a 12 rating.

Here is the official PEGI form. It's really interesting to read! http://www.pegi.info/fr/index/id/1192/media/pdf/354.pdf

Now, even if censored nudity is not really a big deal... We don't really know if Nintendo would be fine to have a character that get in bikini. Even if that's a few attacks.
I mean, I envision wicked weaves as Smashes, and they only get Bayonetta in "bikini mode". And for the final Smash, a summon is the perfect thing. A cinematic Final Smash, like Captain Falcon, is the perfect thing to avoid nudity (and also the free camera when pausing :troll:).

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
I can figure out how to fix Bayo's problems. :troll:

Nudity doesn't need to happen.

Bullets will be magic sparks and will cause electrical damage like Falco's blaster in Brawl.

Bayo doesn't need to swear.

I love how this is easier to do than MK Vs. SF.

Last edited:

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
I can figure out how to fix Bayo's problems. :troll:

Nudity doesn't need to happen.

Bullets will be magic sparks and will cause electrical damage like Falco's blaster in Brawl.

Bayo doesn't need to swear.

I love how this is easier to do than MK Vs. SF.
Swearing: Ultra easy to avoid.

Blood: Ultra easy to avoid. I even sure some torture attacks would work.

Guns: They ARE magic guns after all. They have a unique, not so realistic look too.

Finally, nudity: Probably the tough point. But the "Bikini mode" is fine, and clever censoring works too. It's not something that would happen a lot too (I don't see every jabs making wicked weaves :troll:). Also, in the game, during bosses, she gets into serious mode, throw wicked weaves everywhere and doesn't get naked, nor in bikini mode. Smash Bros is a serious fight, right? :awesome:

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
How about we just avoid a character from Platinum Games, since Wonder Red is Wonder Dead.
How about no. :awesome:

Also, Wonder Red not being playable wont stop Bayo. If anything that should technically be Sonic. :laugh:
Swearing: Ultra easy to avoid.

Blood: Ultra easy to avoid. I even sure some torture attacks would work.

Guns: They ARE magic guns after all. They have a unique, not so realistic look too.

Finally, nudity: Probably the tough point. But the "Bikini mode" is fine, and clever censoring works too. It's not something that would happen a lot too (I don't see every jabs making wicked weaves :troll:). Also, in the game, during bosses, she gets into serious mode, throw wicked weaves everywhere and doesn't get naked, nor in bikini mode. Smash Bros is a serious fight, right? :awesome:
Which is why my statement still stands. :awesome:

Last edited:

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
I was thinking, what if they confirmed Bayonetta and Wonder Blue as playables in the same trailer. Similar to how Greninja shared a trailer with Charizard. :awesome:
The music would be a mix of Fly Me To The Moon and Hero March. :laugh:

Then another trailer of all the third parties, and Mario, fighting with the Bayonetta After Burner remix playing. :laugh:

Last edited:

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Well, now that Wonder Red is out, I don't see Wonder Blue happening. Wonder Red is still the front character.

All I want is either a trailer with Bayonetta being one flirty ***** with characters like Link, Pit and Marth, or simply a trailer with the other Smash Sisters.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
Well, now that Wonder Red is out, I don't see Wonder Blue happening. Wonder Red is still the front character.

All I want is either a trailer with Bayonetta being one flirty ***** with characters like Link, Pit and Marth, or simply a trailer with the other Smash Sisters.
Well of course. Hence why it's a what if. :laugh:

Ixbran

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
4549 - 7836 - 2775
Despite being two absolutely different universes, what if we get a Palutena/Bayonetta trailer?

It would surely get every misogynous people mad :awesome:
I can easily see this happening on the grounds that Palutena and Bayonetta each represent opposing forces, Light and Darkness. One is a goddess who has long flocking locks and a beautiful white gown, where as the other has really short hair and wears skin tight black leather. Their complete opposites yet would compliment each other very easily. Not to mention the fact that Bayonetta hunts angels for a living. The introduction trailer could easily show off Pit introducing Palutena in the first half, then half way through Bayonetta shows up with the intent of taking down Pit so she could send him to Inferno like she does all the other angel's she kills, with Palutena stepping in because Bayonetta would be too much for Pit to handle.

The trailer could then continue on showing off gameplay of the two, finally showing off a cut scene of Bayonetta and Palutena charging at each other and performing a deadlock with their weapons, before the smash logo appears.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
I can easily see this happening on the grounds that Palutena and Bayonetta each represent opposing forces, Light and Darkness. One is a goddess who has long flocking locks and a beautiful white gown, where as the other has really short hair and wears skin tight black leather. Their complete opposites yet would compliment each other very easily. Not to mention the fact that Bayonetta hunts angels for a living. The introduction trailer could easily show off Pit introducing Palutena in the first half, then half way through Bayonetta shows up with the intent of taking down Pit so she could send him to Inferno like she does all the other angel's she kills, with Palutena stepping in because Bayonetta would be too much for Pit to handle.

The trailer could then continue on showing off gameplay of the two, finally showing off a cut scene of Bayonetta and Palutena charging at each other and performing a deadlock with their weapons, before the smash logo appears.
Why did I forgot she hunt angels?

By the way, it should be the other way around, first Palutena, then Bayonetta. Because guest :troll:

Ixbran

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
4549 - 7836 - 2775
Why did I forgot she hunt angels?

By the way, it should be the other way around, first Palutena, then Bayonetta. Because guest :troll:
but thats what i said
The introduction trailer could easily show off Pit introducing Palutena in the first half, then half way through Bayonetta shows up.
Introduce Palutena first then half way through the trailer show off Bayonetta.

Ixbran

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
4549 - 7836 - 2775
hahaha, thats okay, we all make that mistake.

Ixbran

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
4549 - 7836 - 2775
Personally I think that if Bayonetta, if she got in, should have an alternate costume based off her first games appearance. A Joy costume would be weird i think.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Yes, I also think that if she appears, it will be Bayo 2 outfit, with a bonus Bayo 1 outfit.

A joy color swap would make a good white alt color. There's also the obvious Jeanne color swap.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
So here's my idea for a stage.

Name: Jet Combat
Origin: Bayonetta 2

Bio: Possibly the "iconic" level of Bayonetta 2, the stage takes place on a fighter jet that is flying through a city as it's being attacked by angels. At some point the jet will be destroyed and then Witch Time will activate. This will force the players to jump through debris until they land on a subway car, which is also being attacked by angels.

Extra: The stage has "dynamic" camera angles. The stage will normally be engine to cockpit but the camera will turn and the battle will then be from wing to wing. The same thing will happen while jumping from debris to the subway cars.

Hazards: Angels will attack the stage. (Jet and Subway cars)

Music: (NOT FINISHED LIST YET!)
Mysterious Destiny
Tomorrow is Mine (Bayonetta 2) - MUSIC ISN'T AVAILABLE YET!
*Insert other Bayonetta 2 music here*
Fly Me To The Moon
Let's Dance Boys
Battle For The Umbra Throne
One of A Kind
Red & Black
You May Call Me Father
The Greatest Jubilee
Blood & Darkness
After Burner
Space Harrier
Hero March (Wonderful 101) - Yes, this song is necessary. She was in Wonderful 101 as a playable after all.

Last edited:

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
For a stage, I think something even more dynamic would honor the game.

For example, first, the players fight on the plane, but like in the demo, it get's destroyed. Witch time occurs, allowing players to jump on various debris to get on the subway car, and the fight continue. And of course, angels attacks, like in your idea.

This, or Bayonetta 1's Jeanne final fight. Who doesn't want to fight on missiles?

Oh, and I also think "Fly me to the Moon" or "Let's Dance Boys" should be the "main" theme for the stage.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
For a stage, I think something even more dynamic would honor the game.

For example, first, the players fight on the plane, but like in the demo, it get's destroyed. Witch time occurs, allowing players to jump on various debris to get on the subway car, and the fight continue. And of course, angels attacks, like in your idea.

This, or Bayonetta 1's Jeanne final fight. Who doesn't want to fight on missiles?

Oh, and I also think "Fly me to the Moon" or "Let's Dance Boys" should be the "main" theme for the stage.
Ok. I updated the stage to incorporate what you said. Added links to music later. By later i mean NOW!

Last edited:

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
I don't think the Bayo 1 outfit would appear in SSB if she gets in... why? cause Bayonetta 1 is not even for Wii :drshrug:
Well, we got MGS 2, 3 and even 4 content for SSBB, despite not being on Nintendo consoles. Same thing for some Sonic Music.

Maxilian

Smash Ace
Well, we got MGS 2, 3 and even 4 content for SSBB, despite not being on Nintendo consoles. Same thing for some Sonic Music.
I know but the difference here is that Bayonetta 2 is not something that happened in general just because the company that owned it wanted, it came to be thanks to Nintendo (There was no plan on doing Bayonetta 2 but Nintendo payed the development cost, etc... -that's why Bayonetta 2 is only for WII U-) so... if Bayonetta get into the game, she will be more than a guest (but a little less than any other Nintendo character) :drshrug:, so... i don't think it will happen, it could happen but i don't think so :drsad:

Also Metal Gear 2 is in Wii U (VC) and MG 3 is for 3DS

Also... what MG4 content do we have in Brawl and what Sonic content that's not in any other Sonic game that's in a Nintendo console do we have?

Last edited:

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
I know but the difference here is that Bayonetta 2 is not something that happened in general just because the company that owned it wanted, it came to be thanks to Nintendo (There was no plan on doing Bayonetta 2 but Nintendo payed the development cost, etc... -that's why Bayonetta 2 is only for WII U-) so... if Bayonetta get into the game, she will be more than a guest (but a little less than any other Nintendo character) :drshrug:, so... i don't think it will happen, it could happen but i don't think so :drsad:

Also Metal Gear 2 is in Wii U (VC) and MG 3 is for 3DS
All those games weren't there before Brawl. There's even Metal Gear Gecko from MGS4 that appeared first in Smash.

Also, Bayonetta 1 costume is in Wonderful 101 :awesome:

Maxilian

Smash Ace
All those games weren't there before Brawl. There's even Metal Gear Gecko from MGS4 that appeared first in Smash.

Also, Bayonetta 1 costume is in Wonderful 101 :awesome:
It was most likely planned just like Metal Gear 1 for Gamecube:drifloon: (it's known that when the creator of Snake asked to have Snake in SSB, Nintendo told him that first there need to be a MG game in a Nintendo systems and... TADA METAL GEAR 1 -and others-! :drflip:)

but you got a point with the Metal Gear Gekko thing and the Wonderful 101 costume :drohmy:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom