• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Baylor/Waco Smash Coalition

jeffreyswindoll

Smash Cadet
NNID
jeffreyswindoll
3DS FC
2294-6736-9673
Hey guys, I wanted to start a fresh new thread for the fresh new Smash community in and around Baylor/Waco. We've had a recent resurgence (or awakening) for the Smash scene here.

Let's start using this thread for general discussion within our community!

Aldo

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Anonymous254
3DS FC
1521-5815-0637
Yo, what's up guys! I just want to give a big thanks to you guys(Baylor) for helping DMG(Bobby) and I trying to bring back the Waco Smash community. I've been hosting SmashFests at my place. I can't do it every week. Also, thanks for making this thread! The other one was very outdated.

Anyways, Project M Tournament this Sunday at Lansharx at 2PM! Winner gets cash prize I might bring an extra CRT, Wii, and PM if they need any help.

On another note, I'll keep you guys updated on the Smash Sessions I host at my place on here and on the Facebook "Waco Smash
" group. Would like to see more people come out. It's a good place to practice if you play Melee, PM, and 64. We usually have friendlys first and tournament afterwards. It's a different game each week and it's usually singles but I'd like to do a doubles. Just need more people to show up.

Thanks!
- Anonymous[XP]

jeffreyswindoll

Smash Cadet
NNID
jeffreyswindoll
3DS FC
2294-6736-9673
Yooo Ace! Wassup man?

For Smash on Wii U:
I'll be out of town. I am getting the game with the gamecube controller adapter, so, when I return, you better believe we'll be playing that!
You'll have to find someone else to host something on opening weekend though.

jeffreyswindoll

Smash Cadet
NNID
jeffreyswindoll
3DS FC
2294-6736-9673
Has anyone gone to/know about this?

If so, please share your thoughts about it:

Mikey Da Bawse

Smash Cadet
NNID
MikeyDaBawse
3DS FC
5129-1447-8505
I definitely need to make some more appearances but work and stuff.
I'll be there on the 16th at Lansharx.
Look for the guy wearing the Pikachu beanie.

TheMasterGinta

Smash Cadet
Sup Ginta here, I'll probably start hosting small tournies myself during weeks with no tournaments. Probably will have a $5 entrance fee and payout btw.

Aldo

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Anonymous254
3DS FC
1521-5815-0637
The Lansharx tournament will be version 3.2.

Speaking of Lansharx, i'll bring my 3DS with Smash. Hoping to run into others with it!

In response to Jeffery's post, they're was pretty fun. Very great idea to bring the FGC of Waco together. But the thing that got to others is they didn't want to pay $12 every week. Which is why I started hosting weekly sessions and tournaments at my house, which is free. Plus, we couldn't bring too many set ups for spacing reasons. I mean, I enjoyed the time I went because I play Smash with friends and played Mortal Kombat. Watched some good rounds on SF4 and UMVC3. But for people who mainly play Smash, some didn't like it that much for a weekly because of paying.

I'm game for coming up from Austin for a game night if I can get housed for the night.
If you don't end up finding a place at all, just hit me up.

I definitely need to make some more appearances but work and stuff.
I'll be there on the 16th at Lansharx.
Look for the guy wearing the Pikachu beanie.
Cool, I'll be looking for you!

Last edited:

Dr Mario Kart

Smash Apprentice
Clarification: I'm not coming up this Sunday. I mean just in general I'd like to come up some time for a game night/get-together.

Aldo

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Anonymous254
3DS FC
1521-5815-0637
That tournament was pretty good. I enjoyed it.

jeffreyswindoll

Smash Cadet
NNID
jeffreyswindoll
3DS FC
2294-6736-9673
Who would be down to have a Smash Wii U midnight party at my house on Thursday night?

Aldo

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Anonymous254
3DS FC
1521-5815-0637
MELEE KOMBAT!!!! This Sunday at Lansharx, I will be hosting a Super Smash Bros. Melee tournament, singles. Double elimination. 1ST PLACE WILL WIN CASH PRIZE. The entry fee will be $5. The event will start at 3:00 PM. We will be having Project M 3.5, Melee, 64 and set up for friend-lys. The tournament will start at 4:00 PM. We will take down all set ups that are not Melee.

SPREAD THE WORD, YO. And I hope to see you!!

jeffreyswindoll

Smash Cadet
NNID
jeffreyswindoll
3DS FC
2294-6736-9673
I’m pleased to announce we will be hosting two Smash events in the next few days — 1. Smash Wii U Midnight release partt at my house; 2. Melee tournament at Lansharx on Sunday!

First, for the midnight release party of Super Smash Bros. for Wii U, just show up at my house at 12:30 a.m. tomorrow (Thursday) night and we’ll Smash the night away! If you’re getting the game too and you have a Wii U and all that, please bring your set-up so we can have multiple systems going. No one should have to wait to play! Also, bring your 3DS and Smash game for that if you’ve got that too! Address for my house at the bottom
EDIT (PLEASE READ): BEST BUY PULLED THE PLUG ON THEIR MIDNIGHT RELEASE. THEREFORE, I WILL NOT HAVE A COPY OF THE GAME TONIGHT. UNLESS SOMEONE LETS ME KNOW THEY HAVE A COPY OF THE GAME IN THE NEXT COUPLE OF HOURS (IT'S 6:30 RIGHT NOW), I AM CANCELLING THE PARTY.

Second, we’ll be hosting “MELEE KOMBAT” (SSBM tournament) at Lansharx at 3 p.m. on Sunday (11/23)!
Entry fee is $5. 1st place wins a cash prize!
Singles tournament, double-elimination format.

Along with the Melee tournament, there will be side set-ups for Project M 3.5 and Smash 64.
SmashBoards event listing

ADDRESSES FOR THE EVENTS:
My house — 109 Apple Lane Waco, TX 76704
Lansharx — 3126 Franklin Avenue, Waco, TX 76710

For any more questions on “MELEE KOMBAT", contact Aldo Moreno at ASM_254@yahoo.com +1 (254) 716-4638
For more on the midnight release party, contact Jeffrey Swindoll at jeffrey_swindoll@baylor.edu (305)-766-6316

Thanks guys. We hope to see you soon!

Last edited:

jeffreyswindoll

Smash Cadet
NNID
jeffreyswindoll
3DS FC
2294-6736-9673
PLEASE READ THE EDIT ON MY POST ABOUT THE MIDNIGHT RELEASE. THERE HAS BEEN A CHANGE OF PLANS. VERY IMPORTANT.

Black Bean

Smash Cadet
Hey guys, I'm in Waco until Saturday and want to dabble in the competitive scene here. Does anybody want to play some time between now and then?

Last edited:

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
I dunno who will be free, with Thanksgiving going on. Your best bet is to message @ Aldo Aldo or message the Waco Facebook Group (which I'm seeing that you have).

LoveGame

Master of the Disco Stick
NNID
HanabiKawai
3DS FC
5129-1774-2334
Hey, guys! Just bumpin' this for everyone. Look forward to meeting up again. I'll try to work on getting a Wii U. I've got 2 or 3 people wanting to get into the scene, so I'll try to get them to tag along to our next event.

Aldo

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Anonymous254
3DS FC
1521-5815-0637
Man, this page has been dead! Lol, well, just to keep everyone inform everyone, this Friday at Baylor, we'll be having a smash fest. Anyone is welcome to come. It will be in the Martin residence Hall! We'll be hosting Smashfest every Friday. It'll start at 5. If you would like more details, contact @jeffreyswindoll and/or myself.

Hope to see you guys come out!

Chainz

Sleepy Chainz
Premium
3DS FC
1075-1816-9029
Yo, your smash meet still goin on Friday evenings? I was told you guys moved it to Wednesday at 6, tht tru?

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
We don't have a weekly set up yet. Nathan offered to host on Wednesdays from 8PM to 10PM but last week was the first one iirc. We hosted occasionally at Baylor but that was apparently not cool with them, so we're trying to start an official club at the school to make it official.

I'd check our FB group for more info. People use it more than Smashboards for our scene. https://www.facebook.com/groups/1446841618900014/

Chainz

Sleepy Chainz
Premium
3DS FC
1075-1816-9029
Also btw, Im at TSTC and I got a small (unofficial) crew here. Me and 3 other dudes (maybe more idk). we meet up on fridays around 6. We dont really do much other than training/practice rounds tho.

Last edited:

Aldo

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Anonymous254
3DS FC
1521-5815-0637
Also btw, Im at TSTC and I got a small (unofficial) crew here. Me and 3 other dudes (maybe more idk). we meet up on fridays around 6. We dont really do much other than training/practice rounds tho.
Yo, I have a friend name Hunter who plays Smash 4 at TSTC.

Chainz

Sleepy Chainz
Premium
3DS FC
1075-1816-9029
Yo, I have a friend name Hunter who plays Smash 4 at TSTC.
Dont think I've met him yet man, the people I know that play smash are my brother, and these two guys named Fernando and Travis. They the ones who explained to me the smash scene here in Waco.

Last edited:

jeffreyswindoll

Smash Cadet
NNID
jeffreyswindoll
3DS FC
2294-6736-9673
Hey guys, if you're going to the PM tourney at Lansharx tomorrow, please RSVP for it right here. It'll take literally one second. It helps us plan better.

Thanks guys.

jeffreyswindoll

Smash Cadet
NNID
jeffreyswindoll
3DS FC
2294-6736-9673
Great turnout last night guys! It was our biggest event to date (32 entrants).

(If you've got photos from last night, please share them on here/with me in some way so I can make something more appealing for presentation's sake)

Thanks also to everyone that came out, making it (arguably) the best event we've ever hosted. I see some rivalries and interesting matchups starting to take form. The scene is growing more each time we host one of these things!

Check out the full results page here. This enables you to claim your rankings!

[event=full]4378[/event]

jeffreyswindoll

Smash Cadet
NNID
jeffreyswindoll
3DS FC
2294-6736-9673
Dammnn, 25th place! haha. That was some nice matches man.
Haha! Don't get discouraged by the ranking though! We're a community and we all get better off each other. Hope to see you at our future events too.

Last edited:
Top Bottom