• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Battlefield: Bad Company 2 (Including Vietnam)

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
*BUMP*

Battlefield: Bad Company 2 deploys 'Map Pack 4'

http://www.joystiq.com/2010/07/07/battlefield-bad-company-2-deploys-map-pack-4/

"Two "new" maps have been added to Battlefield: Bad Company 2, free to Xbox 360 and PS3 players who bought the game new and registered their VIP codes. PC players will unlock the new maps through an in-game patch. Atacama Desert has been added to Rush Mode, while Conquest mode has seen Port Valdez added to the rotation."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W46HOka4Tu8&feature=player_embedded

S

smash brawl player 99021

So many double's.

I might be getting it for PS3, though.

Faithkeeper

Smash Lord
Any consensus on whether this game plays better on ps3 vs 360? (community, hackers, controller layout, who knows?)

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
I got a triple team kill today while playing Rush. I mortared a building and my teammates and enemy were in it and everyone died when it collapsed.

FFFFFFUUUUUUUUUU.........

metaXzero

Smash Champion
Yeah. Though oddly, I ended up favoring the Thompson sub-machine gun for everything with Recon once unlocked (until I got that semi-auto rifle who's name I forget).

Actually, Recon is probably my favorite class to use just because of the motion sensors alone :D

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Almost done unlocking everything for the recon class. (Just missing the last sniper rifle)

Then it's off to Assault and Engineer!

Sniping is pretty fun, especially when you use your motion sensors and mortar strikes. I love the pistol (M43 or something like that?) that has 17 bullets per clip.

metaXzero

Smash Champion
Recon was the first class I unlocked everything with. I was really sad when that happened. It was followed by my 2nd fav, Engineer.

Actually, it took me a bit to try other classes becaue I love motion sensors so much lol. Felt weird without them (except Engineer which usually I was in a vehicle.

Anyone else get the achievement "the dentist"

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Recon was the first class I unlocked everything with. I was really sad when that happened. It was followed by my 2nd fav, Engineer.

Actually, it took me a bit to try other classes becaue I love motion sensors so much lol. Felt weird without them (except Engineer which usually I was in a vehicle.

Anyone else get the achievement "the dentist"
Medic was the first class that I unlocked everything with because it's easy. (Just keep throwing those health kits and reviving your teammates)

Medics are usually the top players on your team because they're the easiest to play as IMO.

Assault classes are the best because they can replenish your motion sensors. Too bad most people don't give me ammo when I request it from them...

Yeah, I got it shortly after the game was released. I also got the pistol one yesterday. (Get 5 kills with every handgun in the game)

I'm missing the demolish 2.0, knife 5 friends, run someone over with a helicopter and blow something up with a stationary RPG and some other ones.

metaXzero

Smash Champion
In all my time online, I've seen less then 10 randoms who actually give ammo when asked. Otherwise, they ignore me or just chuck it out randomly.

Not as bad as 5 Recon snipers on rush who just camp a location and never hit anything though.

RuNNing Riot

Smash Lord
Eh, every time I think 'Recon' I think 'camper'. Seems like almost all the time I get killed by a sniper he's just sitting on the other side of the map and not moving at all. Easy headsnot time, I say.

Actually one of my favourite weapons to use on the Recon is the T88 with a 4X scope. It's just like a really powerful battle rifle.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
In all my time online, I've seen less then 10 randoms who actually give ammo when asked. Otherwise, they ignore me or just chuck it out randomly.

Not as bad as 5 Recon snipers on rush who just camp a location and never hit anything though.
That's why I try my best to play with friends. I ask one of them to become an assault and give me more ammo to help out the team and they do.

Random medics on the other hand, are pretty good at giving out health packs and reviving me. Most of the time, I don't expect to be revive so I'm always flustered when I'm revived.

Like really, is it that hard to press right on the d-pad and give me ammo?

I love having a full squad of snipers or snipers who stay back at the spawn and think they're helping out the time although they can't snipe anything or mortar anything from that range...idiots.

Every squad should have 1 of every class to maximize on abilities IMO.

Eh, every time I think 'Recon' I think 'camper'. Seems like almost all the time I get killed by a sniper he's just sitting on the other side of the map and not moving at all. Easy headsnot time, I say.

Actually one of my favourite weapons to use on the Recon is the T88 with a 4X scope. It's just like a really powerful battle rifle.
Don't run out in the open then. I prefer the auto spot thing and when do you get magnum ammo? I'm tired of all the hit markers that I get...

RuNNing Riot

Smash Lord
Don't run out in the open then. I prefer the auto spot thing and when do you get magnum ammo? I'm tired of all the hit markers that I get...
I spot them too when the situation proves impractical for me to change classes. It's just more satisfying my way. :p

Looool, I remember you were constantly whining about hitmarkers when we last played. XD I don't know the maths for this game, but I think that none of the snipers will OHKO naturally outside of headsnots except maybe for the M95 Barrett. Don't know what level you get Magnum Ammo either.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
I spot them too when the situation proves impractical for me to change classes. It's just more satisfying my way. :p

Looool, I remember you were constantly whining about hitmarkers when we last played. XD I don't know the maths for this game, but I think that none of the snipers will OHKO naturally outside of headsnots except maybe for the M95 Barrett. Don't know what level you get Magnum Ammo either.
Yeah, that's cause I'm so used to CoD where certain sniper rifles kill in one shot. It's pretty annoying to land a hit on someone, only to see that stupid hit marker symbol...:mad:

The M95 Barrett kills in one shot? Huh, I'll check it out once I unlock it.

Most of the time, fellow snipers don't do anything...they're at the bottom of the scoreboard and I feel like yelling in the mic "DO SOMETHING!!!"

Most people camp it out in this game and don't bother trying to go for the objective.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Me and Rr both play on the 360. You don't really need a mic in this game because mostly everything can be accomplished by pushing the 'back' button on it. (i.e. teammates and the objectives)

I only put my mic on when playing BFBC2 with friends cause barely anyone talks in the game.

metaXzero

Smash Champion
Oh. It's like that on Live too? I just thought PS3 owners were just more prone to being silent lol

I just want a mike for if I ever get a bunch of friends with this game (most of my pals don't have it :( )

Darkslash

Smash Master
Well I have BC2 on the PS3. Was thinking of selling it and then getting the unlimited edition (seeing how I'm planning to change PSN's).

I don't play it much ATM, since I swapped with a friend.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Ultimate Edition officially announced -- and released

http://www.joystiq.com/2010/08/31/battlefield-bad-company-2-ultimate-edition-officially-announced/

EA officially announced this morning that Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Ultimate Edition will be available at retail for $60 on Xbox 360 and PS3 ... um, today. Leaked by retail sites earlier this month, the package includes the main game, Onslaught mode, Battlefield 1943 and items originally included in the limited edition.
Too bad that Onslaught mode is already on the game disc. 900 kb unlock code.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Vietnam launching only as DLC

http://www.joystiq.com/2010/09/16/battlefield-bad-company-2-vietnam-launching-only-as-dlc/

Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Vietnam will add four new multiplayer maps, as well as 15 new weapons and six vehicles, all congruous with the new 1960s locale and Bad Company 2's universal experience point system. Among other era-specific items, you'll gain access to the M79 grenade launcher, the Navy SEAL XM22 machine gun, the American Huey helicopter and the Russian T54 tank.

The DLC, which requires the Bad Company 2 game disc, will retain the game's universal experience points and add ten new Achievements and Trophies.
No official word on the price. Yet.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings

Wretched

Dankness of Heart
Guys
I play this game a lot.
I got it a week ago and I hit 15 yesterday, so I'm not really making progress.
I run recon with M95 (Yeah, GOL is better) or I use Saiga with motion sensors and C4 for quick MCOM destroys.
To expand on the parentheses, I understand that damage isn't too big of a factor since headshots don't need too much damage, but for some reason I don't do as well with the GOL.
Oh, and I only play rush.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Guys
I play this game a lot.
I got it a week ago and I hit 15 yesterday, so I'm not really making progress.
I run recon with M95 (Yeah, GOL is better) or I use Saiga with motion sensors and C4 for quick MCOM destroys.
To expand on the parentheses, I understand that damage isn't too big of a factor since headshots don't need too much damage, but for some reason I don't do as well with the GOL.
Oh, and I only play rush.
Me too. Add me: II F8AL II

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Bad Company 2 getting updated BC1 maps (and more) in VIP Map Pack 7

http://www.joystiq.com/2010/11/08/bad-company-2-getting-updated-bc1-maps-and-more-in-vip-map-pac/

http://blogs.battlefield.ea.com/bat...-heading-for-battlefield-bad-company-2.aspx##

VIP Map Pack 7 will include four new(ish) multiplayer maps: Heavy Metal, Cold War, Oasis, and Harvest Day.

As with previous map packs, the DLC will be free for VIP members only (VIP access is free with new copies of BC2, $15 otherwise).
the biggest change to the maps will be the addition of Bad Company 2's "Destruction 2.0" system and enhanced graphics.
No release date yet. Glad to see that BF:BC2 is finally getting some new (Not really) maps instead of unlock packs.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Bad Company 2 Vietnam's enlisted Achievements and Trophies

http://www.joystiq.com/2010/11/15/bad-company-2-vietnams-enlisted-achievements-and-trophies/

Can I Go Home Now? - Bronze/15G: Achieve a team victory on all Vietnam levels
Every Gun has a Silver Lining - Bronze/35G: Get silver stars on all primary Vietnam weapons (Veteran weapons not included)
Ecstasy of Gold - Bronze/50G: Get gold stars on all primary Vietnam weapons (Veteran weapons not included)
Doing the Rounds - Bronze/15G: Get a kill with all Vietnam vehicles
Cantankerous Chauffeur - Bronze/25G: Get 100 kills with Vietnam tanks
Ride of the Valkyrie - Bronze/25G: Get 50 kills with the helicopter
Would you Kindly STFU? - Bronze/10G: Destroy a Hannoi Hannah propaganda speaker
Great Balls of Fire - Bronze/10G: Get 20 kills with the flamethrower
Just Because I Can - Bronze/25G: Finish 1st on the scoreboard on any Vietnam level
Secret Achievement
I wonder what the secret achievement will be...

S

smash brawl player 99021

I wish I could spam in this thread like F8AL :p

Not like I've touched this game since Black Ops...it was really all I played before that.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
I wish I could spam in this thread like F8AL :p

Not like I've touched this game since Black Ops...it was really all I played before that.
I'm not "spamming" this thread. I am simply bumping/updating it when I find new information on it. There's a difference.

Top Bottom