• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Battle Arena Melbourne 7 - May 22-24 2015 - Rego Closes May 17th, no exceptions!

Status
Not open for further replies.

_Iggy_

Smash Cadet
NNID
Ignis_Sphaera
@ Redact Redact , anything on those shirts and stuff? What styles, pricing, etc? When they're available for purchase? Any other cool stuff for purchase?

Also, I might be able to throw another couple hundred your way in a week or two also.
I should probably start booking flights and stuff and plan my holidays before it's too late rofl

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
I've ordered a new sample print today with the updated leffen artwork, all the issues should be cleared up now but making sure they're good before I purchase posters in bulk. I estimate about 2-3 weeks (3 weeks max) before I have the posters available for sale.

Leffen shirts are going to be in the coolshirtz style. Check out this link for an idea: http://www.verycoolshirtz.com/product/the-crystal-tee
As for an ETA. It's looking like these will be first on sale at the event itself.

As for other pictures, none are at a finished state yet, but I'm hopeful still that moxie can have the 5 gods image finished before bam7 (coloured and all) to at least sell posters of that one too, if not shirts.

_Iggy_

Smash Cadet
NNID
Ignis_Sphaera
Those shirts look sick. If Leffen shirts look like that I am totally buying some.
That's awesome though. Are we looking at incentives for donations or anything? Or are we kinda past that point now :(

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
Im still trying to come up with something feesable as right now I don't have too much. Moxie makes a living off drawing so his stuff will be sold separately as thats how he plans to make dollars. Otherwise I don't have much but am open for ideas.

Guys like you Iggy have dropped enough you can practically ask for anything and ill somehow make it happen

_Iggy_

Smash Cadet
NNID
Ignis_Sphaera
Hmm.. well I've been thinking about possibly the idea of doing like a fundraiser or something. The only thing I can really think of that could work would be to do something gaming related via something like twitch and take donations or something.
24 hours , or speed run something, or have a bunch of pros playing each other.

This is probably impossible, but I was thinking of possibly getting some of the already confirmed players to do something on their stream for it? Or maybe get some players who are super close to coming to try and raise some cash?
I'm not sure if this is already being done or if this feasible, but to me it seems like the best way to get more cash for the event would simply be to look overseas.
The only issue I can really think of there is that anyone outside of Australia has no reason to donate...

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
Hmm.. well I've been thinking about possibly the idea of doing like a fundraiser or something. The only thing I can really think of that could work would be to do something gaming related via something like twitch and take donations or something.
24 hours , or speed run something, or have a bunch of pros playing each other.

This is probably impossible, but I was thinking of possibly getting some of the already confirmed players to do something on their stream for it? Or maybe get some players who are super close to coming to try and raise some cash?
I'm not sure if this is already being done or if this feasible, but to me it seems like the best way to get more cash for the event would simply be to look overseas.
The only issue I can really think of there is that anyone outside of Australia has no reason to donate...
Well we have trivia coming up super soon with proceeds going towards bam7 fund, pushing a stream is hard as the next person in line is super never online or social media (s2j after axe).

Local events seem like the best way to push it imo.

Might do a melee specific trivia on a night in the week leading up to the event. Otherwise general gaming and general smash will be coming in the next month.

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
Ok so making this a bit more central here. I need to get some help with housing as my own house is looking brokded as well as there just being so damn many internationals coming.

First up is leffen. PCG has offered to house him during the tournament weekend but leffen is flying down a week early and needs somewhere to stay.

Secondly we have the funday crew, this being mango, alex19 and lucky. All 3 wanna stay together and this would be the best time of your life I guarantee.

Last is looking like axe, no ome has put their hand up here yet mostly because we haven't reached him yet but lets be real he is coming.

Id like for people to be able to offer more than just a floor, but it doesn't have to the Hilton.

Donators here obviously get first choice or say in this, but if no donators step up then whoever can offer the internationals the best experience will be looked at first. We need to make sure they enjoy their time here too!

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
Did some basic OP updates as well as a housing thread being made, get your stuff sorted guys!

PB&J

Smash Hero
This tourney looks amazing and I really want to go. I want to start get some shots from the new documentary I have been working on. Tickets are a bit pricey atm. Does anyone know any deals on how to fly to australia or something?

S.D

Smash Master
This tourney looks amazing and I really want to go. I want to start get some shots from the new documentary I have been working on. Tickets are a bit pricey atm. Does anyone know any deals on how to fly to australia or something?
Yo Evan sup wit it?
Maybe try PM @ Redact Redact - he's been organising most of the international flights.

PS: Phil what's the situation with teams? Same as last year (highest bidders get first dibs?)
Prompted by Leffen asking around for teammates on twitter for his upcoming international events.

Last edited:

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
Money talks with teaming just like last year, might have to clear that up with Leffen and other internationals!

PB&J I'll chat to you via pm and we figure out what we can do (8

S.D

Smash Master
Money talks with teaming just like last year, might have to clear that up with Leffen and other internationals!

PB&J I'll chat to you via pm and we figure out what we can do (8
Yeah plz make them aware that their partner is more or less not going to be determined by them.
They just have to carry harder.

_Iggy_

Smash Cadet
NNID
Ignis_Sphaera
@ Redact Redact
I'm going to be flying down there probably 18th or 19th. At the moment, I'm looking at finding a hotel or something close to the venue.
One or more of the international's are welcome to stay with me if they'd like.
Do Armada and Wife already have accommodation also?

Aussierob123

Smash Champion
Pretty much going to have to have a pro on the stream at all times if you want a big twitch viewing. Nobody is gonna tune in for two random Aussies (no offense guys, I'm a scrub too). We just open ourselves to the trolls then lol.

Twitch: wtf Australians suck put mango on. **** this "j birds" scrub.

Dekar289

Smash Hero
twitch: wtf australians suck, lucky is wrecking this crocodile dundee kid

who cares, doesn't matter. it's an australian tournament and we'll celebrate Australian melee too. if spup and sanick play in bracket then that is an exciting match and should be on stream (commentated by wife!)

Last edited:

Hobs_

Smash Journeyman
Just get Dekar an office chair that he can swivel 360 degrees on while he 4-stocks people.

Splice

Smash Hero
Not getting top Aussie matches streamed would be a serious detriment.
Having Internationals over is supposed to benefit everyone and if it deprives our top 8 of getting any games recorded from this event then it kind of ****s with it a bit much. I mean hopefully we can avoid any super noob matches since we'll have so many good players we can just put on Internationals vsing people instead, but we should definitely still get our top players and hypest matches on stream.

If SA Nick and Skeletom get a rematch I want that **** broadcast to the world yo

richterwastaken

Smash Apprentice
put kaiza in charge of melee streams. i spoke to him the other day & he said he could bring all his gear. i think we should enforce some sort of international standard where each country gets to stream its own stuff. it'd be really **** if people from other countries with a bigger scene, more money/notoriety, etc, were able to just swoop in on our comparatively small scene & turn our biggest national into minor entertainment/more followers for themselves.

Last edited:

Basty

Smash Ace
PB&J,Wife and Joey would be a pretty hype commentating crew.
I want to see Sam vs PB&J fox dittos and see who wins

Leisha

Top Tier Pillow
NNID
Miss-ChuChu
I can probably house one person, but put me under emergency for now because I'm not 100% sure what my parents are doing around then. I'm happy to do a few pickups from the airport if people don't know their way around Melbourne and such. (Hosts could be working those days too)

Last edited:

Kaiza

Smash Journeyman
put kaiza in charge of melee streams. i spoke to him the other day & he said he could bring all his gear. i think we should enforce some sort of international standard where each country gets to stream its own stuff. it'd be really **** if people from other countries with a bigger scene, more money/notoriety, etc, were able to just swoop in on our comparatively small scene & turn our biggest national into minor entertainment/more followers for themselves.
RE: this post

Basically I've realised that I'm never gonna have another opportunity to have top international players playing on my stream and then have VODs later on that people can search up. Unfortunately it's too good to pass up not bringing equipment if it means I can grow my stream/youtube. Obviously MelbourneMelee to do mainstage stuff, but a side stream will STILL get good viewership if we have internationals + good australian players (if I get a stream at all, tba at this stage)

Last edited:

richterwastaken

Smash Apprentice
RE: this post

Basically I've realised that I'm never gonna have another opportunity to have top international players playing on my stream and then have VODs later on that people can search up. Unfortunately it's too good to pass up not bringing equipment if it means I can grow my stream/youtube. Obviously MelbourneMelee to do mainstage stuff, but a side stream will STILL get good viewership if we have internationals + good australian players (if I get a stream at all, tba at this stage)
why not just do the whole thing but on melbourne melee & still plug your channel etc thru a 'this is kaiza for melbourne melee at bam7' sorta deal? that way melb melee keeps its territory while you get to do a high quality stream with baller equipment & ****. it'd sound rly professional not only for you but also for australia if other people on the mic referred to you as Australia's Stream Man. dunno if i'm breaking rules here but this is just a suggestion.

Last edited:

Hobs_

Smash Journeyman
why not just do the whole thing but on melbourne melee & still plug your channel etc thru a 'this is kaiza for melbourne melee at bam7' sorta deal? that way melb melee keeps its territory while you get to do a high quality stream with baller equipment & ****. it'd sound rly professional not only for you but also for australia if other people on the mic referred to you as Australia's Stream Man. dunno if i'm breaking rules here but this is just a suggestion.
I think he wants people to reach his Youtube channel via uploaded videos too, which would kinda belong to MM and not him if MM ran the stream officially.

Kaiza

Smash Journeyman
it doesn't really work that way w/ stream numbers, people would still be more likely to just follow MelbourneMelee as opposed to my stream (similar to what happened with ZEAL on CLASHTournaments and BEAST 5 on VGBC). PLUS I'm twitch partnered so I've got the quality buttons on my twitch player so i'm gonna obviously want to stream on that to reach the most people.
ALSO I don't want to take this event away from Hardpelicn anyway cause he's been putting in effort to make sure this event and his stream goes really well

Last edited:

Invisi

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3411-2321-4441
twitch: wtf australians suck, lucky is wrecking this crocodile dundee kid
Bahahaha, I'm assuming that was said when I was playing him? I still took a game though =P

I would absolutely love to come down for BAM this year, looks like it's going to be huge. Unfortunately, this is my last semester of uni and I have a 60 page honours thesis to write that will be due around that time. I'm going to try to come anyway, but I'm not sure yet whether my workload will be too much.

richterwastaken

Smash Apprentice
it doesn't really work that way w/ stream numbers, people would still be more likely to just follow MelbourneMelee as opposed to my stream (similar to what happened with ZEAL on CLASHTournaments and BEAST 5 on VGBC). PLUS I'm twitch partnered so I've got the quality buttons on my twitch player so i'm gonna obviously want to stream on that to reach the most people.
ALSO I don't want to take this event away from Hardpelicn anyway cause he's been putting in effort to make sure this event and his stream goes really well
fairoe

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
Got a new $400 from Iggy which has brought him up to a flat $1000, which is pretty damn redonculous in my opinion.

Also got a nice $150 from Splice at the last monthly, then he proceeded to beat me. Coincidence? Yeah he just beat me str8 skill hey rofl.

As for players funded and such, here is the amounts I've got listed for each player:

Leffen: $1200
Wife: $2000
Mango: $1500
Lucky $1500
Axe: $1700

This means with our total so far at $7982.82, we have fully funded Axe to come down too! I've already been in talks with him for a while to make sure he can come down with no issue so expect more on that soon.

The next players on our list are as follows:

6. S2J
7. PPU
8. zhu
9. Hugs

I've been unable to get in contact with s2j recently and have not confirmed whether he is in a position to get a passport properly sorted in time,

I've talked to both ppu and zhu who have both confirmed they are now unable to come. ppu didn't give a reason but zhu let me know he is literally unable to take more leave from work as he already used it for an alternative tournament coming up.

I didn't give positions 6 and lower adequate warning because i really didn't expect us to raise over $8000 dollars with over a month to spare, so I've dropped the ball here hard, blame me :)

I'm hoping s2j gets back to me soon as I have gotten alex19 to text him for me now, waiting on a response from that.

I've talked to hugs who is still keen and can organize a passport, but this is where I want to ask people what they think about the prospect of people coming.

If we could get aMSa down here, would we want to fund him over hugs? what about aMSa over s2j, would we want that?

I'm still in the process of talking to VGBC about the chances of getting aMSa here, so this might all be for naught and both aMSa and s2j are off the table now.

I would like as many people to post their opinions as possible, especially the donors as you guys have put your money forward.

I will have a facebook poll up soon to see who people would want most out of the 3 super possible players.

I have full faith we can fund 1 more through moxie stuff sales (its still coming, will be on sale at bam itself) as well as the trivia night coming up and other possible events in the next month or so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom