• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Plus, the tweeter said Verge stole actual leaks. If anything, it would be his source he is using that would have stolen anything if they did, and since that source was backed up by Sabi, I find this tweeter's assumption hard to believe. I don't think Verge or his source stole anything.

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
Besides, if Shinobi still ain’t backpedaling then I still think we’re alright
Shinobi literally had the laugh emoji in his response when someone told him a comment of his was inspect elemented about retracting his Banjo statement yesterday lol. The dude entirely knows what he's doing and how he's doing it. Nearly all of his posts on Twitter have people spamming Banjo art and comments at him and he doesn't even budge lol.

And just if people really, truly need solidified info about Shinobi, here is a compilation that has been shared a bunch now:

1560210022284.png

Once again, I'd be more shocked at this guy being wrong, than being right. He doesn't get things wrong. It would be truly, truly weird for him to go downhill due to making a wrong guess on Smash DLC. He has connections. He has seen this direct, or his connection has seen this direct.

Last edited by a moderator:

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
I have the utmost respect and confidence in Shinobi. When he posted that I was confident in Banjo. Recent events have made me question it but now, thinking back on it, I don't know why. I'm confident we're getting Banjo. I just gotta see it with my own eyes.
I think this is the issue a lot of people have with Banjo. He's a pipedream, it's ALWAYS difficult to wrap your head around a pipedream coming true, let alone one who's 20 years overdue.

It's easier to buy into Erdrick because he's a johnny come lately and one that people frankly don't care about. People over reacted to Banjo being MIA from the xbox conference last night because I guess that's what Smash fans do. These leaks always said Smash, and I'm confident in Shinobi and Vergeben.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Shinobi literally had the laugh emoji in his response when someone told him a comment of his was inspect elemented about retracting his Banjo statement yesterday lol. The dude entirely knows what he's doing and how he's doing it. Nearly all of his posts on Twitter have people spamming Banjo art and comments at him and he doesn't even budge lol.

And just if people really, truly need solidified info about Shinobi, here is a compilation that has been shared a bunch now:

View attachment 227100

Once again, I'd be more shocked at this guy being wrong, than being right. He doesn't get things wrong. It would be truly, truly weird for him to go downhill due to making a wrong guess on Smash DLC. He has connections. He has seen this direct, or his connection has seen this direct.
If I may add, he most likely did not say the duo were confirmed and just hinted them because that would get him in trouble, like how Sabi would have gotten into (more?) trouble if they hadn't gone by the cease and desist thing from Nintendo.

Last edited:

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
I have the utmost respect and confidence in Shinobi. When he posted that I was confident in Banjo. Recent events have made me question it but now, thinking back on it, I don't know why. I'm confident we're getting Banjo. I just gotta see it with my own eyes.
It's been difficult. Having been the underdog for so long, Banjo & Kazooie being one of the more likely characters overnight was quite a huge shift. For me, it increases that feeling of too good to be true. And since I know I'm biased towards, now my mind is fixated on trying to find any little thing that might make me doubt it, to avoid overly anticipating something that doesn't eventually happen.

My position since Shinobi's hint, which has remained unchanged, is I expect Banjo & Kazooie in, but am trying (and failing) to anticipate seeing nothing. They're rumors at the end of the day, must be taken with a grain of salt, and won't believe anything until I see it myself tomorrow. But with virtually everyone, including the most skeptical, being on board and expecting it--makes it easier said than done.

Last edited:

Ctoan

Smash Apprentice
I think this is the issue a lot of people have with Banjo. He's a pipedream, it's ALWAYS difficult to wrap your head around a pipedream coming true, let alone one who's 20 years overdue.

It's easier to buy into Erdrick because he's a johnny come lately and one that people frankly don't care about. People over reacted to Banjo being MIA from the xbox conference last night because I guess that's what Smash fans do. These leaks always said Smash, and I'm confident in Shinobi and Vergeben.
This precisely. Even if Sabi got the chance to leak, would we honestly still even believe it? Probably not I don't think. Having a leaker with a longtime spotless record is as good as we'll ever get until tomorrow.

AngrySun88

Smash Ace
If I may add, he most likely did not say the duo were confirmed and just hinted them because that would get him in trouble, like how Sabi would have gotten into (more?) trouble if they hadn't gone by the cease and desist thing from Nintendo.
Keep in mind that he did use the exact same phrase "smashing good time" that he used when he originally leaked Ultimate.

Sabi got caught because she was openly bragging about her leaks. Nintendo's obviously gonna put a stop to that. Shinobi tends to be more cryptic, and as far as I'm aware, has never been wrong.

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
This is something Sabi needs to learn. Many of Shinobi's leaks come in the form of saying the leak in basic dialogue or like with smash, making a pun, not blatantly leaking the information. It absolves Shinobi because nobody can tell him he's truly leaking Nintendo's direct. Not to mention, he only has essentially leaked one thing from it.

Anyway, if he's wrong, I am truly sorry for hyping people up, but I just can't see how he's wrong. This isn't the Grinch leak. This is a well vetted leaker who has yet to get anything wrong on his track record. The guy just has connections and uses it properly.

Also, please put huge images(whether wide or tall) in spoilers as well.
Thank you for the fix.

Last edited:

MagnesD3

Smash Master
Here’s hoping tomorrow brings what I always thought was a pipe dream. Maybe the universe will give us a win on this one. Only bummer is I’ll have to be at work this year while the directs going on :S

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
This is something Sabi needs to learn. Many of his leaks come in the form of saying the leak in basic dialogue or like with smash, making a pun, not blatantly leaking the information. It absolves Shinobi because nobody can tell him he's truly leaking Nintendo's direct. Not to mention, he only has essentially leaked one thing from it.

Anyway, if he's wrong, I am truly sorry for hyping people up, but I just can't see how he's wrong. This isn't the Grinch leak. This is a well vetted leaker who has yet to get anything wrong on his track record. The guy just has connections and uses it properly.

Thank you for the fix.
It would seem that being vague with leaks in the way you just mentioned is okay with companies. I agree. Sabi does need to learn from Shinobi in that regard.

TheHeartbreakKid

Smash Journeyman
I think this person has accidentally misconstrued the situation between Sabi and Verge. There was some scuttlebutt about Verge stealing leaks from Sabi recently, but Sabi and Verge both talked it out publicly, concluding that they both have a shared source, received some overlapping info around the same time, but each had certain correct details the other didn’t.

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
Here’s hoping tomorrow brings what I always thought was a pipe dream. Maybe the universe will give us a win on this one. Only bummer is I’ll have to be at work this year while the directs going on :S
Same here. Luckily I just go on lunch, but man is this direct going to entirely effect my mood for the next 5 hours if it doesn't pan out lol (Though, it could be pleasantly surprising of course!)

Lycan Rex

Smash Ace
Horrible thought incoming
is there a chance shinobi could be talking about a mii costume?

TemporalShrew

Smash Journeyman
If he made that post about something so minor and deliberately refused to say anything more on the subject, I think that counts as straight-up trolling.

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
For a person with as much credibility as he has, he's not really one to troll. And it would be trolling for letting people's expectations go nuts then.

Last edited:

TaichiYaegashi

Smash Ace
I don't expect Shinobi to let this chaos go on for over 3 days with people expecting the opposite if that were true. I really think he would have stepped in by now and hinted at it being a costume, giving us another clue.

Come on guys, it feels as-if we've had 50 "ups and downs" at this point based on random theories we've thought up. Enough is enough. lol
Trust in the Shinobi.

Last edited:

TheHeartbreakKid

Smash Journeyman
Currently torn because I could get drunk as hell so I can pass out early, but then I’d be worried about not waking up in time for the Direct or being hungover lol

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
That would not be an actual appearance for the duo. I mean, that would just be a costume for the Mii Fighter, and not the duo themselves making an appearance. Assuming that Shinobi meant the duo themselves, I don't think a costume would be the case.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
If that were the case, he would either have no clue what he was doing, or was trolling. I think both are unlikely--not impossible, though--and given his position and no clarification, if it was one of those, it would be the latter. Since Verge corroborates it, it makes it more unlikely, unless Verge is simply piggybacking off of him.

And given all the other insiders--Imran, NateDrake, GameXplain--are taking him seriously, there's very little doubt he's trolling. The most likely possibility, if it ends up being false, is his source was mistaken--insiders make mistakes.

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
Okay this fake leak has me wheezing, his nose lmao
"...Kazooie? *faceplants*"

Hate to be that guy, but don't you mean "don't spoil any possible leaks?"
God, I cracked up so badly reading the original post. Literally started crying. Sorry, Verde Coeden Scalesworth Verde Coeden Scalesworth , I guess I'm just not okay right now.

"When even the mods are thirsty for leaks."

At least this made me laugh, considering the roller-coastery journey we've been having.

Last edited:

Mr. Stagg

Ay ugly! Gimme back my friggen sister!
Wait do leakers/insiders really see directs one week in advance?
Not sure, but these directs are not birthed from the ether. Editors and the like have to work on them with voice actors and effects artists as well. It's quite possible these insiders or people who know those on the inside leaked it to others once they saw the finished product. You all have to remember that these directs take time to make.

Planet Cool

Smash Ace
NNID
DKC_Fan
On a scale of fake to super fake, how fake is this?

Minecraft Sbeve. ( EDIT: Answer is super fake )
I retched just looking at that. Is Steve the ugliest video game "mascot" that's come along recently, or what? Seeing him next to Joker is insulting; seeing him next to Mario, DK, Link and all their ilk would make me tear my hair out in clumps.

We still have every reason to believe in Banjo and I've done my best to stay positive, but let's face it... I am a doubting Trophy Thomas.

AugustusB

Smash Champion
Do you guys think we’ll get early leaks tomorrow morning before it starts?
Its hard to say. I bet Vergeben will leak something like last time. Which I believe was within 12 hours when he said Isaac is an Assist Trophy before the November Direct

Last edited:

Thewafflemaker2000

Smash Apprentice
Hey im just visiting this website for today and tomorrow

Heres why im confident banjo has a big chance. I bet phil spencer Inquired nintendo if they could make a deal for banjo in super smash bros. And nintendo could do alot with a deal like that like, rare replay on switch and, classic rare games for a nintendo 64 little edition. Since sakurai claims nintendo is choosing the options for him banjo had to be one of them and you know how hes is a sucker for unique move styles and banjo really sticks out with that. Hes also a big retro character from that unique era too they had to choose him

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Hey im just visiting this website for today and tomorrow

Heres why im confident banjo has a big chance. I bet phil spencer Inquired nintendo if they could make a deal for banjo in super smash bros. And nintendo could do alot with a deal like that like, rare replay on switch and, classic rare games for a nintendo 64 little edition. Since sakurai claims nintendo is choosing the options for him banjo had to be one of them and you know how hes is a sucker for unique move styles and banjo really sticks out with that. Hes also a big retro character from that unique era too they had to choose him
Welcome aboard! Hopefully, the duo get in tomorrow.

Top Bottom