• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

theromfather

Smash Apprentice
Okay so I am reading it supposedly is just a 4K Update for those games for Xbox One X.
Still, the timing is definitely strange. Maybe were looking into it too much? Idk

ze9

Smash Ace
It's 01:00 AM here, so I'm gonna get off this ride while we are on a high. Tomorrow I'll be pretty busy.
Have a good day/night/whatever you're having, guys! See you on the other side!

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Apparently, all Banjo games on xbox are getting a big 480+MB Update right now, some people speculating its for cross platform achievements, possibly on switch?

Can someone near their Xbox verify this? I dont have one.

Not my image:

View attachment 227075
Can verify it happened to me.

Also happened to all Rare Xbox 360 games but Jetpac Refuelled.

AugustusB

Smash Champion
So is it all the games getting a 4K update or is it JUST Rare Replay?

EDIT: Sounds like its just Rare Replay...coincidence? Yeah probably, but why not update til after E3?

Last edited:

theromfather

Smash Apprentice
Theyre expecting big Rare Replay sales after the Banjo reveal, so the 4K update was icing on the cake to help entice newcomers.

Yes I know I am just sounding desperate at this point lmao. But hey I think it makes sense a little bit, kinda?

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Please spoiler mark any possible leaks. Obvious fake or not. That includes stuff like the update that was found out earlier.

Be courteous to others, please. :)

Last edited:

TheHeartbreakKid

Smash Journeyman
Look at it this way:

After all the hoopla surrounding Aubrey’s previous tweets about Steve, there’s NO. WAY. IN. HELL that Microsoft/Nintendo WOULDN’T let her know that Steve was in by now, and tell her to knock it off with the Steve tweets, if we were actually getting him as a new character.

Violante

Smash Apprentice
Apparently, all Banjo games on xbox are getting a big 480+MB Update right now, some people speculating its for cross platform achievements, possibly on switch?

Can someone near their Xbox verify this? I dont have one.

Not my image:

View attachment 227075
It also looks like Viva Pinata is receiving the same update, so if it truly is tied to something Nintendo related that'd be even better news.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I don’t remember if Minecraft needed an update to crossplay with the Switch version or not, but if the Rare Replay games do then it might just happen tomorrow.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Hate to be that guy, but don't you mean "don't spoil any possible leaks?"
Well, no, I meant "spoiler mark". Thank you for pointing it out. It's fixed now.

To say the least, if necessary, a temporary lock with a mod message also works.

It's not what I want to do. I might edit the thread title, though?

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
He is just trying to say to put a spoiler tag on any spoilers so everyone doesn't have to see it.
She. I updated the thread title instead to make it easier. :)

Either way, I really did write that poorly and I appreciate people pointing that out so I can fix it.

Title edited to make things easier too. Thank you, guys. I vastly appreciate your help on this matter.

BonafideFella

Smash Journeyman
Well, no, I meant "spoiler mark". Thank you for pointing it out. It's fixed now.

To say the least, if necessary, a temporary lock with a mod message also works.

It's not what I want to do. I might edit the thread title, though?
He is just trying to say to put a spoiler tag on any spoilers so everyone doesn't have to see it.
Ah, my bad. I'm el stuppo an don't know the terminology!

Crap-Zapper

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3540-1100-9470

False alarm... as usual..
Hmm ... Does this mean all CD's as well or just digitally? Because this would be a reason to consider getting the console if it makes my Jet Set Radio Future run faster. Still, either way if it is or not, I believe this is a great thing to show the love and support for Banjo either way, we definently see that there is some core fans out there that is super keen on the bear and bird duo's revival.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
That sucks if the backwards compatibility only works for some games; I wish they just did what Nintendo usually does (they didn’t for the Switch though...).

The 360 also had limited backwards-compatibility from what I remember.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
That sucks if the backwards compatibility only works for some games; I wish they just did what Nintendo usually does (they didn’t for the Switch though...).

The 360 also had limited backwards-compatibility from what I remember.
Yeah, I remember my friend telling me original Xbox games that were only on Xbox Live at the time could be played on the 360 while other Xbox games that didn't support Xbox Live could not.

Last edited:

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
Wow image tracking in vegas pro is a *****. But I swear I will have this done before the direct. It will hopefully be worth it. and hopefully not age literally several hours after I make it.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I have the utmost respect and confidence in Shinobi. When he posted that I was confident in Banjo. Recent events have made me question it but now, thinking back on it, I don't know why. I'm confident we're getting Banjo. I just gotta see it with my own eyes.

AngrySun88

Smash Ace
Shinobi is one of the most credible insiders/leakers out there. The fact that he still has not backpedaled speaks volumes. He's not trolling and I think he would have told us if he wasn't 100% sure.

I'm gonna trust him far more than randoms on Twitter and 4Chan.

Top Bottom