• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

TheZoologist

Smash Ace
I mean at this point I expect nothing, Banjo being in Smash is already too good to be true to me, so even someone like Shinobi I'm looking at with a grain of salt. I ain't believing anything until Sakurai reveals who the next fighters are. I'm not setting myself up for disappointment again, not after the Grinch leak. Been burned one time too many.

TemporalShrew

Smash Journeyman
Okay, but what about the other leak? The one with Baboom and Phoenix Wright? Nothing concrete has been given to disprove that.

I'm just sayin'.
Additionally, that leak lines up with some Three Houses leaks that have been going around (I'm not familiar; I haven't read them and don't really want to be full-on spoiled), which lends it just a little more credence.

Basically, we've reached full Pre-E3 Chaos, and nothing is going to make any sense until at least three days from now.

Cap'n Jack

Smash Lord
Shinobi, Sabi, and Indie Gamerchick are all on our side.

Hell even Verge indirectly, who’s admitted Steve is probably leak bait, but still says Minecraft in some capacity i.e. a Mii Costume and Banjo as playable ( he didn’t say that of course but it would not contradict anything he said either)

The named leakers are one by one falling onto our side

ze9

Smash Ace
Okay, but what about the other leak? The one with Baboom and Phoenix Wright? Nothing concrete has been given to disprove that.

I'm just sayin'.
That one is not too bad. A line-up that horrible would certainly be met with so much backlash Nintendo would never even think to try **** like that ever again. Leading to an awesome Smash 6.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
Additionally, that leak lines up with some Three Houses leaks that have been going around (I'm not familiar; I haven't read them and don't really want to be full-on spoiled), which lends it just a little more credence.

Basically, we've reached full Pre-E3 Chaos, and nothing is going to make any sense until at least three days from now.
the baboom leak, if indeed fake, is pretty well-researched:
  • matches three houses leaks with edelgard's stuff
  • matches countess/kasumi datamines, so whoever made it is very closely following speculation
  • called grookey's final evo being a drum gorilla
  • lines up with realistic marketing dates
still, trust nothing in the post-grinch era and all

TemporalShrew

Smash Journeyman
Speak for yourself, mate.
Straight-up. I'm almost too neutral to even express on Edelgard, but Pokemon always have fun play-styles in Smash, and Phoenix is a dream pick, no matter how many people tell me Resident Evil picks make more sense.

(The lack of Banjo would be a bit of a mood-killer, though, alas).

Last edited:

DMTN

Smash Journeyman
Another thing to consider: the infamous ESRB leak included fake characters just to mess with people. The text part of the leak listed characters like Snake, Wolf and Ice Climbers.

Noipoi

Howdy!
I might leave until E3 maybe

Getting sick of all these leaks, can’t keep up with em. Actually more like don’t want to keep up with em.

Might even leave forever

AngrySun88

Smash Ace

I'm just sayin'.
Pokemon is notorious for being leaked and datamined early and 4Chan fake leaks are also known to have both real and fake information in them.

I also doubt that anyone outside of Sakurai knows who all five DLC characters are. #4 and #5 probably haven't even started coding for them yet.

Also, given the backlash Corrin got, do you really think that they'd pick another Fire Emblem character for shameless advertising? Remember that the DLC is for characters from franchises that haven't been represented in Smash before. FE has more than enough representation.

I don't trust any random anonymous 4Chan leaks.

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
the baboom leak, if indeed fake, is pretty well-researched:
  • matches three houses leaks with edelgard's stuff
  • matches countess/kasumi datamines, so whoever made it is very closely following speculation
  • called grookey's final evo being a drum gorilla
  • lines up with realistic marketing dates
still, trust nothing in the post-grinch era and all
The Edelgard and Baboom things are kind of things that could be seen coming (at least Edelgard and Baboom to a lesser extent). Kasumi's datamine was well known and marketing dates are just that.

TBH the only merit that has is Baboom but even then it's not that concrete. I have much more faith in the ResetEra Admin.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Pokemon is notorious for being leaked and datamined early and 4Chan fake leaks are also known to have both real and fake information in them.

I also doubt that anyone outside of Sakuri knows who all five DLC characters are. #4 and #5 probably haven't even started coding for them yet.

Also, given the backlash Corrin got, do you really think that they'd pick another Fire Emblem character for shameless advertising? Remember that the DLC is for characters from franchises that haven't been represented in Smash before. FE has more than enough representation.

I don't trust any random anonymous 4Chan leaks.
I mean, that's your prerogative, my dude. You don't wanna believe, that's fine. I can't make you believe what I do.

But I stand by the fact that nothing concrete has been given to disprove this leak, while there are all these little details about it that are linin' up.

ChinaCat

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW 4209 0037 4617
It was posted ~2 hours before the Direct.

I don't get what's wrong with the date. Direct aired on the 5th here and the timestamp given for me shows it was indeed before the Direct.
Sabi was leaking pokemon info in the discord and who knows where it originated and IIRC I think all the info was from there?

Ok, after Sabi's insight I think we're safe again, for now.
This is spiraling out of control just like the grinch leak, though. Relevant:
No way! 13th floor! I can't believe someone else knows about these dudes. Legendary and underappreciated group.

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334

I'm just sayin'.
I also want to mention that nobody could disprove the Grinch leak and that still turned out to be fake.

D

Deleted member

TBH both the Banjo hints and the Edelgard/Wright/Baboom leak can't be easily disproved beyond personal speculation and they both have a lot of little things going for them. I lean more towards Banjo obviously but the other one could easily end up being true.

Last edited by a moderator:

WECsoul

Smash Cadet
NNID
WECsoul
3DS FC
0259-1277-6150
Why is Edelgard even a thing right now? Didn't they say that all fp characters are from franchises not in ssb yet?

Datboigeno

Smash Lord

I'm just sayin'.
Literally so many people have speculated Grookey’s final evo being a drum gorilla and Baboom isn’t a stretch as a name for a monkey that hits things.

Shawksta

Smash Apprentice
Just popping in to say that as a 4chan browser a lot, there isn’t pretty often info drops that people decide to fill with trolling lies.

Need I remind you of the 4chan posts that knew of the sword and shield name and decided to fluff it up with stuff like Armored Evolutions and other stuff that didn’t happen

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Why is Edelgard even a thing right now? Didn't they say that all fp characters are from franchises not in ssb yet?
They said all the FP characters will be "new to the franchise", not "from new franchises". Basically, they said every Fighter's Pass character will be a newcomer, which we already knew.

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
I believe Reggie only said that characters from the Fighter's pass would be new to the series. So he's pretty much just stating the obvious because PR talk.

Edit: Damn it, not again!

Last edited:

Cap'n Jack

Smash Lord
Yeah, I mean we are all skeptical of Banjo until he is announced, but this 4chan leak is a troll leak

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
They said all the FP characters will be "new to the franchise", not "from new franchises". Basically, they said every Fighter's Pass character will be a newcomer, which we already knew.
yup, basically just marketing speak that got turned into 'every character will be from a new series and also a third party' somehow

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Reggie's wording was that these characters would be ones "we wouldn't expect" in Smash so naturally, I think it brings down the chances of characters from FE & PKMN. Those fall exactly in line with what Reggie said and the ones fans would naturally expect in Smash.

Yeah it could have been mostly PR speak but I doubt Reggie would say that if it had no value.

Looma

Smash Journeyman
Or perhaps, it's piggybacking off other leaks in order to feign credibility? Like everyone who puts even just a little thought into their fake leaks usually tries to do so they're at least somewhat convincing?

Why's this one even being humored at all? What makes this one stand out among the other bull**** that gets tossed around? We're fast approaching maximum stupid and I should've just stopped reading.

Last edited:

ChinaCat

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW 4209 0037 4617
I was flying high yesterday, but i've come down a bit.

I'm grateful for this 4chan leak since its tempered the hype. I don't believe it, but i think its a good reminder that nothing has been confirmed and all this could end up being a case of leakbait or something.

AugustusB

Smash Champion
Let's just wait and see gang.

Also this is the Banjo Thread right? Let's let this rest for now. We don't want to lose anymore toes now do we?

Banjoisawesome2020

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1171-3129-5434
Why trust a 4Chan leak? That would go against what Shinobi's hint on Banjo, especially this close to E3. That would mean Shinobi would be lying or trolling about Banjo, and not only does he have a spotless track record, but he isn't known for lying and wouldn't lie. Plus, there has been little, or any evidence for Doomguy at E3.
When was this 4 Chan "leak" posted?

Noipoi

Howdy!
Alright I’ll say this and then I’m out

All the leaks involved have things going for and against them, at this point it’s anyone’s game ( and hell, they could all be wrong)

I’m a little more inclined to believe Shinobi, mostly because he’s not some random goober on 4chan, but I don’t particularly trust any of these leaks

And I kinda hate how it’s become cool to walk into the Banjo thread to tell everyone how Banjo isn’t in

To all you Banjo-bros, don’t lose hope. Even real leaks have fake info, you never know what could happen. E3 is a week away

Until then I’m out, I’ve had it with leak discussions. I come to this site to chill out and **** post and it looks like for the next week that’s not an option.

Later

Last edited:

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
yup, basically just marketing speak that got turned into 'every character will be from a new series and also a third party' somehow
Probably because that makes discussion more fun. I'll admit, I wouldn't mind all third parties, but I know I'm in the minority on that.

AngrySun88

Smash Ace
I mean, that's your prerogative, my dude. You don't wanna believe, that's fine. I can't make you believe what I do.

But I stand by the fact that nothing concrete has been given to disprove this leak, while there are all these little details about it that are linin' up.
And your prerogative is to believe this leak. You do you, but I don't think you'll be able to convince many people here of it.

I stand by the fact that nothing has been proven about this leak either. Remember that everyone, except the insiders, thought the Grinch leak was real until it was proven false.

Now the insiders are starting to line up behind Banjo. I'm not going to stop believing an insider who has an excellent track record because some random 4Chan text leak says so.

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
Banjo bois keep raving! Unless Shinobi602 is wrong, we're still in the green!

Akg0001

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Akin01
8 fire emblem characters but xenoblade still only 1 character? Yikes.

Let’s all remember back to the Dante leak, where the guy clearly had accurate info about DMC5 but then threw in false info about Dante in Smash. Sometimes people with legit info throw random predictions in their leaks hoping they’ll be right. I don’t understand why but it’s not an unprecedented thing. We shouldn’t be losing hope over something as silly as this.

Top Bottom