• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

Banjoisawesome2020

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1171-3129-5434
Apparently not too long before the Direct, and apparently, despite what it says, it was edited after it was posted, saying both legendary wolf Pokemon have swords and said nothing about having shields of some kind.

https://puu.sh/DBZDx/0acfa0a397.png
He double posted. That is against the rules. (Being a bit funny, but yeah, not believing that idi...ahem, troll one bit.) I believe in my feelings! And my heart tells me Banjo is coming home!

ColtonS25

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 6762 3529 5300
Okay, so things have gotten weird here, but I’m gonna stick by what I think is trustworthy and not listen to random 4chan posts.

First off, Sabi thinks the “leak” is fake because the info was indeed out at that point. I see no reason to consider it further considering the fact that it could easily be leaked.

Second, Banjo still has like everything going for him. Based on everything about his reputation and level of authority on ResetEra, I highly doubt that Shinobi would mislead intentionally. That makes no sense. They also used the exact same phrase when Smash was revealed in the March 2018 direct. If that’s not convincing enough, Sabi shares that picture of the witch and puzzle. Sabi isn’t the type to lead people along either, and that meaning is pretty easy to grasp.

Like it or not, I’m sticking to my guns on this one. We have credibile people on our side for once in our entire time of speculating, and now it’s thrown away for anonymous leaks? Heck no guys! C’mon, we’re hitting our stride and honestly I don’t see a reason to hesitate.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
First off, Sabi thinks the “leak” is fake because the info was indeed out at that point. I see no reason to consider it further considering the fact that it could easily be leaked.
if i'm following the thread correctly, it's the baboom leak people are looking at now (in light of grookey's final evo being leaked in a leak that got everything else right from last month)

the legendary name/doomguy one was debunked pretty quickly by sabi, as you say

Last edited:

ze9

Smash Ace
The obligatory DLC promotional new Fire Emblem character is basically just a meme. I mean, it happened ONE time.
And that wasn't even well-received, like at all.
It could still happen, of course, but... you know how it is. Being cynical is being realistic, but if you're being TOO cynical, you're not being realistic anymore. I don't believe in New-Fire-Emblem-Guy-or-Gal.

No way! 13th floor! I can't believe someone else knows about these dudes. Legendary and underappreciated group.
I don't know why, but everytime that I think about the word "roller coaster", the first few notes of that song always start to play in my head.
But it's really nice that you know them! I always knew that Banjo boys are good boys. I'm a big music geek myself.

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
if i'm following the thread correctly, it's the baboom leak people are looking at now (in light of grookey's final evo being leaked in a leak that got everything else right from last month)

That leak doesn't mention the name Baboom though.

TemporalShrew

Smash Journeyman
The obligatory DLC promotional new Fire Emblem character is basically just a meme. I mean, it happened ONE time.
I mean technically, you could argue that it happened twice (though not as DLC), if you count Roy appearing in Smash before he even appeared in his own game. Not that I necessarily buy it or anything, but at this point, it almost wouldn't feel like a Smash character release cycle without another Fire Emblem rep present for everyone to point at and go: "But why tho?"

ChinaCat

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW 4209 0037 4617
And that wasn't even well-received, like at all.
It could still happen, of course, but... you know how it is. Being cynical is being realistic, but if you're being TOO cynical, you're not being realistic anymore. I don't believe in New-Fire-Emblem-Guy-or-Gal.

I don't know why, but everytime that I think about the word "roller coaster", the first few notes of that song always start to play in my head.
But it's really nice that you know them! I always knew that Banjo boys are good boys. I'm a big music geek myself.
as you can tell by my avi i'm a big fan of psychedellic rock haha

Nameless Kot

Smash Apprentice
I mean, that's your prerogative, my dude. You don't wanna believe, that's fine. I can't make you believe what I do.

But I stand by the fact that nothing concrete has been given to disprove this leak, while there are all these little details about it that are linin' up.
Just out of curiosity but has the final Evo of Grookey been confirmed to be a Gorilla playing drums because you are taking that as. Point in favor to that leak and I haven't seen any final. Evolutions yet

MaddaD

Smash Journeyman
Writing Team
I'm worried, Banjo Bros. What if the leak is real and we get Erdick and another whopping 3 music tracks?

What if Banjo will never get in?...

Last edited:

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord
I'm worried, Banjo Bros. What if the leak is real and we get Erdick and another whopping 3 music tracks?

What if Banjo will never get in?...
We still have a few days to go; keep the faith

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Lycan Rex

Smash Ace
I can't believe they added Sif to Pokemon. That means artorias is in smash to balance it out. At ease gents, Google theory is real. We're in the clear :4pacman:

Brothanigus

Smash Apprentice
Here's some more hope boys. God I ****ing pray Banjo-Kazooie are in.

I just can't believe they will ever get in though, I just damn can't,

Attachments

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
CAN SOMEONE GIVE ME A RECAP OF WHAT'S GOING ON?!
Basically, some guy at 4Chan leaked some Pokemon Direct stuff and said Doomguy would be revealed at E3 instead of Banjo. Seems like he was piggybacking off of someone else's words, though. We're all just reacting to it.

Last edited:

MaddaD

Smash Journeyman
Writing Team
CAN SOMEONE GIVE ME A RECAP OF WHAT'S GOING ON?!
There was a leak in accordance to a Pokemon Sun/Shield Leak that claimed Erdick/Doomguy would be the next Smash DLC characters. Then there was another Google leak that said Banjo would be the next one.

Pretty much nobody knows what they're talking about.

ColtonS25

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 6762 3529 5300

I get that, but we’re acting like Pokémon and Smash are somehow linked. Like, it is very possible that this leaked Pokémon stuff is true yet they added in Smash stuff to troll people. It’s not that hard to believe. And honestly, I find it hard to believe that both were leaked together. Yeah, a Pokémon direct is one thing, but getting Smash info too? I don’t buy it. Game Freak is another entity entirely and I honestly don’t see how said info would cross with any kind of Smash or any other Nintendo information.

Lycan Rex

Smash Ace
Any word from shinobi since the promise day (yesterday)? My heart can't take it if he comes out and says
"Nah I'm just ****ing with you guys. Banjo's a sticker :laugh:"

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
I get that, but we’re acting like Pokémon and Smash are somehow linked. Like, it is very possible that this leaked Pokémon stuff is true yet they added in Smash stuff to troll people. It’s not that hard to believe. And honestly, I find it hard to believe that both were leaked together. Yeah, a Pokémon direct is one thing, but getting Smash info too? I don’t buy it. Game Freak is another entity entirely and I honestly don’t see how said info would cross with any kind of Smash or any other Nintendo information.
seems to me the baboom 'leaker' (if it's real) doesn't have any other pokemon info other than the name baboom and the fact it's a grookey evo - the pokemon leak is just someone else indirectly backing that up with a supporting claim

it's not so much being leaked together as it is two dots being connected

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
The Pokemon leak isn't 100% right yet, as it has a lot of stuff yet to be confirmed, including Grookey's evolution.

And what exactly is lining up for the DLC leak that includes Baboom? All I remember from it is Smash stuff, and I thought echoes weren't gonna be in the Fighters Pass...

And Shinobi didn't get Ridley, or isn't the first to tease him at least, but he teased Smash in the March 2018 Nintendo Direct by using the exact same "Hoping for a smashing good time" phrase. He may not have much else going for him Smash or Nintendo-wise, but he's obviously got a great track record and is somebody who would have connections.

Plus all these 4chan "I know the rest of the DLC" leaks always include Joker while sometimes saying "already released" as if everyone doesn't already know that.

Last edited:

ColtonS25

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 6762 3529 5300
seems to me the baboom 'leaker' (if it's real) doesn't have any other pokemon info other than the name baboom and the fact it's a grookey evo - the pokemon leak is just someone else indirectly backing that up with a supporting claim

it's not so much being leaked together as it is two dots being connected
Well I’m not really gonna touch that Pokemon leak since I’d rather not get spoiled and I saw a little bit there, so I’ll just assume that the other leak with the name Baboom came first? Because if not then I could see it just kinda hopping on the bandwagon after that Pokémon leak that you posted.

If I’m not getting the context correct, let me know because I’m not really wanting to check it out too badly. :laugh:

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
And what exactly is lining up for the DLC leak that includes Baboom? All I remember from it is Smash stuff, and I thought echoes weren't gonna be in the Fighters Pass...
only that it's apparently a drum-beating gorilla according to the pokemon leak (which i see little reason to doubt that this point), but it's an interesting tidbit that lines up nonetheless

as for echoes, they were never explicitly deconfirmed - only that none of the five fighters themselves were going to be echoes, so you weren't buying the fighter's pass just to get 3 newcomers and 2 echoes. there's been a fair bit in datamining over the past few months, courtesy of vaanrose, to suggest that kasumi from persona 5 royal is coming at some point later in the year (also mentioned in the leak, which is doubly interesting to people who have been following speculation very closely).

Well I’m not really gonna touch that Pokemon leak since I’d rather not get spoiled and I saw a little bit there, so I’ll just assume that the other leak with the name Baboom came first? Because if not then I could see it just kinda hopping on the bandwagon after that Pokémon leak that you posted.

If I’m not getting the context correct, let me know because I’m not really wanting to check it out too badly. :laugh:
baboom leak happened sometime in may, iirc

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
I will say though. A lot of Pokemon sword and shield information was known for a good 24 hours before the direct. There was a Reddit post that said the exact same thing yesterday that only got like 2 upvotes. All they did was really copy that Reddit post and add smash speculation to it to sound credible.

Also the guy didn't outright deconfirm Banjo. He just said he wasn't at E3. Sure it's disppointing but he can still come later and we get Doom Guy. Which I feel is a worthy attender for a E3 reveal.

Last edited:

T2by4

Smash Lord
So what are we up against now? Seems like four possibilities

Erdrick and steve
Erdrick and banjo
Erdrick and doomguy
Or everyone is wrong and we all get btfo.

TemporalShrew

Smash Journeyman

Erdrick and steve
Erdrick and banjo
Erdrick and doomguy
I'm okay with any of the last three (provided we include the possibility of Banjo being revealed later in option 3). As much inherent disappointment as there'd be, I would love to see what absolute madness option 4 would constitute.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
only that it's apparently a drum-beating gorilla according to the pokemon leak (which i see little reason to doubt that this point), but it's an interesting tidbit that lines up nonetheless

as for echoes, they were never explicitly deconfirmed - only that none of the five fighters themselves were going to be echoes, so you weren't buying the fighter's pass just to get 3 newcomers and 2 echoes. there's been a fair bit in datamining over the past few months, courtesy of vaanrose, to suggest that kasumi from persona 5 royal is coming at some point later in the year (also mentioned in the leak, which is doubly interesting to people who have been following speculation very closely).
Okay, I can see Kasumi possibly being added later, but there's nothing really going for this leak otherwise. I'll keep it in consideration, though, even if the "I know the rest of the DLC and the first one is Joker even though you all knew that already" stuff is kind of annoying.

Leotsune

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Leotsune

Erdrick and steve
Erdrick and banjo
Erdrick and doomguy
We all are wrong, right now Sakurai is laughing at our faces.
We are pituful, we know nothing, they have learned from their past mistakes and all that's leat is to wait for E3 and together see the outcome of this chapter in the smash speculation scene.

MeatOfJustice

Smash Journeyman
how about we complicate things even further?

another pokemon leak that got proven right confrmed that grookey's final evo is a drum-playing gorilla, and there was this smash leak a few weeks ago that mentioned a drum-playing gorilla evo called baboom

We already got Stage Builder and VR as new modes, this seems fake to me.
Unrelated but check it out! Spongebob Battle for Bikini Bottom is getting a remake! A FREAKING REMAKE!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=swQ...9lJj3QIJmWyrAwK4y4yQZHDs&ab_channel=THQNordic
With a Switch version and a new multiplayer mode too!

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
There was a leak in accordance to a Pokemon Sun/Shield Leak that claimed Erdick/Doomguy would be the next Smash DLC characters. Then there was another Google leak that said Banjo would be the next one.

They know what they're talking about--****ing with people. :chuckle:

Erdrick and steve
Erdrick and banjo
Erdrick and doomguy
I actually expect only one reveal. I don't see any feasible way they announce two characters that makes sense, and there's plenty of time until Feb 2020 to spread all of them out, average 2 months. I expect Erdrick or Banjo at E3, and leaning towards the latter given it makes more sense at E3. Then again, Nintendo could pull a Nintendo and not make any sense.

EDIT: Also, unrelated, but Battle for Bikini Bottom was one of my favorite games as a kid. When THQ made their announcement the other day, BFBB popped up in my head, and then dismissed it. Should have recorded that in public and become a fake leaker. :chuckle:

Last edited:

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
how about we complicate things even further?

another pokemon leak that got proven right confrmed that grookey's final evo is a drum-playing gorilla, and there was this smash leak a few weeks ago that mentioned a drum-playing gorilla evo called baboom

That moveset idea screams "Oh right, Sakurai cares more about distinct movesets than completing the starter type trio."

MissingGlitch

Smash Master

Can you give me a recap of what the other Google one was? I woke up and had to look through five pages.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
huh, I forgot about how angry and trollish the guy who posted that 4chan leak sounded. That makes me consider it a bit less seriously.

plus it could be another "Isabelle and Dante are in" situation.

Last edited:

ColtonS25

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 6762 3529 5300
Shinobi: *has credible leaks, even uses the same phrase for Banjo that they did when talking about Smash previously*

Everyone: “hey look at these 4chan leaks! Sorry guys, Banjo’s not in...”

Shinobi: “am I a joke to you?”

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord
Or, you know: A drum-playing gorilla is a REALLY easy guess given we've known for ages Grookey is based on a drummer?

Top Bottom