• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

D

Deleted member

We are all arguing if Brave is Banjo/Yuri/Erdrick/Slime/Dio etc but we are forgetting the one true candidate:
1554684937728.png

They need to stop giving Steve faces because it looks creepy no matter how they do it.
There's a reason as to why Steve ususally has a blank expression. It's better that way.

Last edited by a moderator:

Brothanigus

Smash Apprentice
If sakurai decided against Rayman just cause of a lack of Japanese appeal I'd be pretty salty. We got Roy and Lucas when no one else but Japan knew who they were and we learned to love em. The same could be done for Rayman and other western characters.
Sakurai would decide against Rayman because he's owned by a western dev, not because of Japanese support. I'm 1000000% sure that ROB had next to no support before he was announced.

Give peace a chance?

Probably won't happen but it's worth a shot

lmao I'd bet every dollar I have that this guy never even thought about Steve in smash before the Verg BS.

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Sakurai would decide against Rayman because he's owned by a western dev, not because of Japanese support. I'm 1000000% sure that ROB had next to no support before he was announced.
You think he's prejudiced or something?

Is that why there's other Western content in the game?

If Sakurai wants a Western character, he'll get them; he can have a translator or someone help him talk to the character's devs if he wants to, as he's had a translator before when going to E3. He also considered Banjo-Kazooie during Melee and understood fans seeing them as a natural inclusion. Stop pushing your fan rule as fact.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
There's a slight language barrier for Sakurai when it comes to Western developers, but that doesn't mean anything beyond it requiring using a translator. There's tons of Western icons to use, and it's easy for him to go for them. This type of thing isn't an issue whatsoever.

I'm not sure why people think fan rules should really be used, though. Kind of pointless to push them, as they're oftentimes very illogical.

TheBeastHimself

No time for tea, uncle, gotta capture the Avatar!
Random thought but could Brave's stats fit Conker...? Only bringing that up because I don't think anyone has thought of the possibility.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
There's a slight language barrier for Sakurai when it comes to Western developers, but that doesn't mean anything beyond it requiring using a translator. There's tons of Western icons to use, and it's easy for him to go for them. This type of thing isn't an issue whatsoever.

I'm not sure why people think fan rules should really be used, though. Kind of pointless to push them, as they're oftentimes very illogical.
Yeah, they're just setting themselves up so that the universe can prove them wrong every time. How far can they move the goalpost before they're left with "game characters only"?

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Yeah, they're just setting themselves up so that the universe can prove them wrong every time. How far can they move the goalpost before they're left with "game characters only"?
I dunno. But it's just silly.

And that's the only consistent rule Sakurai has, and even he can break if if he so desires. I don't think he will, but eh.

TheBeastHimself

No time for tea, uncle, gotta capture the Avatar!
Where can I find Brave's stats? I have to investigate this now because Conker would be around the same height as Ness and Lucas, and he's very floaty...

Last edited:

Lycan Rex

Smash Ace
I dunno. But it's just silly.

And that's the only consistent rule Sakurai has, and even he can break if if he so desires. I don't think he will, but eh.
Thank god fans aren't in charge of smash. All these fan rules are so arbitrary and restrictive.
"No western characters"

"No old, irrelevant characters"

"No 3rd party echos"

"No characters that are already trophies or stickers"

"Only characters that made billions, and reinvented gaming as a whole will be considered"

"No fun"

I'd hate to see what the roster would look like if these were sakurai' s ground rules

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Thank god fans aren't in charge of smash. All these fan rules are so arbitrary and restrictive.
"No western characters"

"No 3rd party echos"

"Only characters that made billions, and reinvented gaming as a whole will be considered"

"No fun"

I'd hate to see what the roster would look like if these were sakurai' s ground rules
Well let’s see...

Mario, Pikachu... maybe Ryu and Pac Man...

This is harder than I thought

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Eh, I don't think it'd be the only one. Significantly popular icons he's take in too. But only major characters at best if he makes exceptions.
You're right, Mickey Mouse did also show up on the Game & Watch, and other older Nintendo products.

"No western characters"

"No 3rd party echos"

"No fun"

Basically, people's idea of a Smash reboot.

Lycan Rex

Smash Ace
Well let’s see...

Mario, Pikachu... maybe Ryu and Pac Man...

This is harder than I thought
Pac-man...

Pac-man?!?!

How dare you, suggest that irrelevant, washed up, pie chart. Everyone knows you're ONLY supposed to like new, trendy characters. Anyone who hasn't had a new game in 2 months is irrelevant. The smash fanbase hates old characters, even tho we collectively lost our **** with k rool and megaman. Why don't suggest a good character like freddy fazbear or default fortnite skin?

This hurt my soul to write

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Pac-man...

Pac-man?!?!

How dare you, suggest that irrelevant, washed up, pie chart. Everyone knows you're ONLY supposed to like new, trendy characters. Anyone who hasn't had a new game in 2 months is irrelevant. The smash fanbase hates old characters, even tho we collectively lost our **** with k rool and megaman. Why don't suggest a good character like freddy fazbear or default fortnite skin?

This hurt my soul to write
I didn’t suggest those other ones because they are Western 3rd parties.

We all know Velvet Crowe works better than a Bandicoot anyways!
———————————

We need news soon. I started playing N-Sane Trilogy, it’s fun.

LogFrog

Smash Apprentice
Obviously Sakurai only selects the most relevant of characters into his game. That’s why we got Pit in Brawl.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Don't forget megaman who's franchise was dead and in the water, before smash 4. Reminds me of another character. Or rather...characters.
It wasn't, though. It had a comic around 2011, during development period. Albeit, I don't think it lasted super long, so right before Smash 4 released, he wasn't active.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
"Dead" by smash fans standards
Doesn't matter really, since it's wrong. He also had a crossover comic with Sonic in 2013.

So I was a bit off. He was fully alive as a franchise even around Smash 4's release.

Fans who don't do research aren't really a factor of whether a series is dead or alive. And it was definitely alive.

Lycan Rex

Smash Ace
Doesn't matter really, since it's wrong. He also had a crossover comic with Sonic in 2013.

So I was a bit off. He was fully alive as a franchise even around Smash 4's release.

Fans who don't do research aren't really a factor of whether a series is dead or alive. And it was definitely alive.
If that's the case hopefully the recent merch banjo got will put him back on the radar

Rare replays as well

Last edited:

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593

Smash fan rules are dumb.

What I think Lycan meant was that in terms of games, sure there’s Mega Man 10, but then came the cancellation of Legends 3...

Combined with a lack of new releases (Street Fighter x Mega Man was 2012) and to the average Smash “fan” who only cares about the games, Mega Man is dead.

Lycan Rex

Smash Ace

What I think Lycan meant was that in terms of games, sure there’s Mega Man 10, but then came the cancellation of Legends 3...

Combined with a lack of new releases (Street Fighter x Mega Man was 2012) and to the average Smash “fan” who only cares about the games, Mega Man is dead.
This

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791

Doesn't make them less wrong regardless. And that's the point. It's a franchise, not a game-only series anyway. Not unlike Sonic, and much more. But yeah, as a game series, it was pretty much dead(not that it mattered since the franchise was active).

If that's the case hopefully the recent merch banjo got will put him back on the radar

Rare replays as well
I don't know if Microsoft considers merchandise alone to be "active" in the same way as an actual main product among the B&K franchise. Games, manga, comics, tv shows, movies, etc. might count more. Either way, it's not a dead franchise regardless. Unless you're looking for an actual work itself, not simply toys/figures alone.

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
Honestly, If you have to dig up obscure media during a time frame to somehow say that a character is active. They weren't really that active.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Honestly, If you have to dig up obscure media during a time frame to somehow say that a character is active. They weren't really that active.
Sonic Comics are anything but obscure. They're extremely well-known media. And where the crossover originated.

That's not how "being active" works regardless. It means the character is currently being used in media. What do you know, MegaMan was active during a lot of Smash 4's development. Never mind the crossover kept going on even during 2015. And a bit longer. It wasn't until barely 2 years ago they the Archie Sonic Comics stopped.

People can pretend MegaMan was inactive during Smash 4's period, but they won't be right when the facts say otherwise. Some are misinformed or don't do the research. I honestly blame the smash bubble at this point.

Lycan Rex

Smash Ace
It case anyone is wondering. Aubrey's tweets are still there. Not taken down or anything.

Do we still care about that at this point or...?

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
It case anyone is wondering. Aubrey's tweets are still there. Not taken down or anything.

Do we still care about that at this point or...?
She doesn't like Steve. It means nothing beyond that. She has a right to that opinion. You'd think the company would be annoyed that she's dismissing one of the major characters, though. But I guess they don't care?

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
She doesn't like Steve. It means nothing beyond that. She has a right to that opinion. You'd think the company would be annoyed that she's dismissing one of the major characters, though. But I guess they don't care?
My theory is they do, but forcing the tweets to be removed would open up yet another can of worms.

Sorta a “two wrongs and neither option is desirable” situation.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
My theory is they do, but forcing the tweets to be removed would open up yet another can of worms.

Sorta a “two wrongs and neither option is desirable” situation.
That's a good point. Just ignoring it is the best they can do as she doesn't decide who gets in Smash. It's not her job or area. Though considering it makes her company looks bad, they can take appropriate action.

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
You don’t go by the game’s release or the character’s reveal. You go by the project plan, and Mega Man was 2012, just a couple of years after Mega Man 10 had been released and positively received.

Are we really going to say 2 years without a game means a series is “dead?”

Top Bottom