• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Banjo-Kazooie: Dynamic Jiggy Duo - Project Dream

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Are there any Photoshop wizards here that can get rid of the background on that image?

Any method I try ends up with a choppy border.

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
Adding Banjo to Smash isn't going to sell a million Xbox Ones, or Wii Us, so I think the helping out a competitor point is essentially irrelevant.
I see a lot of people saying that Nintendo and Xbox are competitors but what exactly makes them competitors? Both the Wii U and Xbone have a vastly different library of games and target audience. Sony would be the better example as a competiting company in the video game industry while Nintendo doesn't really care, they're just doing their own thing. What matters really is the pile of money they can make if Nintendo makes a deal with Microsoft. It would be foolish to weigh all of our hopes on Phil Spencer's tweet but the thing is if he said they have no problem with working with Nintendo then that's a big plus.

I agree that Banjo-Kazooie won't sell a million Xbox One's even if their future B & K games are at least average. And surely there are people with enough sense that they won't buy a next gen console because of nostalgia or for just one game.

Another reason why I think people are opposed to Banjo-Kazooie is because they think a 3rd party character may "steal a slot" from whoever they voted for in Smash. I could be wrong though, but we honestly don't how far Sakurai is willing to go for more characters.

Last edited:

ryuu seika

Smash Master
Another reason why I think people are opposed to Banjo-Kazooie is because they think a 3rd party character may "steal a slot" from whoever they voted for in Smash. I could be wrong though, but we honestly don't how far Sakurai is willing to go for more characters.
The official sight shows 5 blank spots after Mewtwo, hinting at 4 non-Lucas DLC characters being planned, though the current code apparently allows for 16 new characters to be added to the on-disk roster, potentially giving us 14 unannounced DLC characters. I doubt Sakurai would go beyond that as, by that point, you'd have nearly half the cast again in DLC. Just like how too many 3rd parties would detract from the Nintendo feel, too much DLC would make Smash seem like an incomplete game when bought.

As you say though, we have no idea how far this will go. For all we know, Sakurai could add a drop down menu as a slot like in Soul Calibur 3 and we could have more DLC characters than we got with the game. Only time will tell.

Last edited:

foolssigma

Smash Ace
NNID
NYTims
The official sight shows 5 blank spots after Mewtwo, hinting at 4 non-Lucas DLC characters being planned, though the current code apparently allows for 16 new characters to be added to the on-disk roster, potentially giving us 14 unannounced DLC characters. I doubt Sakurai would go beyond that as, by that point, you'd have nearly half the cast again in DLC. Just like how too many 3rd parties would detract from the Nintendo feel, too much DLC would make Smash seem like an incomplete game when bought.

As you say though, we have no idea how far this will go. For all we know, Sakurai could add a drop down menu as a slot like in Soul Calibur 3 and we could have more DLC characters than we got with the game. Only time will tell.
The spots on the smashbros site don't actually mean anything. 14 DLC characters sounds too optimistic. I'd say 5 tops personally. Wouldnt mind more though...

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945

What if some of the 14-16 unannounced end up being alt costumes? It worked for Bowser Jr, Olimar, Robin and WFT so as long as it doesn't mess with hit boxes or fit well with the standard character's move set.

D

Deleted member

He's right. Nuts and Bolts isn't seen as a bad game. It's seen as a bad banjo game. Most complaints come from fans of the originals.
I think the worst part is that Nuts & Bolts is not actually a spin-off but supposed to be the next main game in the series, but then it mocks the gameplay style of the first two games (which were perfections in that genre) and expects everyone to be okay with that.

It'd be like Hyrule Warriors was the actual next installment of the Legend of Zelda, and Impa sends Link on his quest saying, "Don't worry, there will be no need for you to explore overworlds and dungeons, solve puzzles, and go fishing. Gamers today don't want all that, they just want to hack at things."

TeenGirlSquad

Smash Master
Well what I meant was that it was just one game, and it was a departure from the core games, so they have far more history with Nintendo than with Microsoft. Unlike Metal Gear, with three games on Ninty consoles and almost all the others being Sony-exclusive. And yet, Snake got into Brawl.

ryuu seika

Smash Master
The spots on the smashbros site don't actually mean anything. 14 DLC characters sounds too optimistic. I'd say 5 tops personally. Wouldnt mind more though...
Yeah, I'd guess the fourteen is Sakurai playing it safe and leaving himself the option to add a ton. He's probably thinking there's no way he's going to actually use that many.

What if some of the 14-16 unannounced end up being alt costumes? It worked for Bowser Jr, Olimar, Robin and WFT so as long as it doesn't mess with hit boxes or fit well with the standard character's move set.
I don't know whether this was character models or actual coded select screen spots or what. The latter would ignore any alts but for the former Mewtwo would already be taking up another one of with his final smash.

foolssigma

Smash Ace
NNID
NYTims
Well what I meant was that it was just one game, and it was a departure from the core games, so they have far more history with Nintendo than with Microsoft. Unlike Metal Gear, with three games on Ninty consoles and almost all the others being Sony-exclusive. And yet, Snake got into Brawl.
Isn't that comparison a little off since Microsoft owns Rare, but Sony doesn't own Konami?

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
If Playtonic had revealed their main character(s) by now they'd probably have already accumulated a lot of votes.

Cyberguy64

Smash Journeyman

It's not explicitly support art like last time, but I am using it to raise awareness for Banjo-Kazooie.

foolssigma

Smash Ace
NNID
NYTims
Best part of the Mewtwo patch is that if you go through 99 turns on Crazy orders with Duck Hunt in the red and brown color you unlock Banjo-Kazooie

CitrusRain

Smash Apprentice
That bit of Kentucky that has fried chicken.
NNID
CitrusRain
3DS FC
2079-7126-2128
So, I downloaded my Mewtwo, and when I went into the custom builder, it says there are no customs availible.
Not that I needed to unlock them. But that there are not any.

If this applies to all DLC... Well let's just not tell Bottles or his family.

Fire_Voyager

Smash Journeyman
So, I downloaded my Mewtwo, and when I went into the custom builder, it says there are no customs availible.
Not that I needed to unlock them. But that there are not any.

If this applies to all DLC... Well let's just not tell Bottles or his family.
That's really LAME!!! we didn't expect a Palutena like moveset, but nothing?... man that sucks!!!!!

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Not much activity today, everyone must be enjoying Mewtwo. :4mewtwo:

I got bored of him quick so I went ahead and got these done. I like this way more than the old one.

Manic Rykker

Smash Lord
Hey everyone! Its been a while hasn't it?

Well... I have something cool to show you- Actually. I have variations of TWO things to show you.

As some of you might know, I have been practicing in Gimp, making Smash styled stock icons. I decided to try my hand at Banjo & Kazooie. Now, just to note, I didn't even bother with the Smashified render. The way Omni had it set up, it would be impractical to make anything out of it. So, I instead opted to use the other render instead.

I have done something similar with the Bear and Bird... but I have taken it a step further.

First things first. Say hello to the smash styled B&K icons. I took inspiration from how the duo's heads were positioned in their health bar. SPEAKING of their health bar....

Thats right. I recreated it. I'll be honest with you, I am quite proud of how this project came out. You guys are free to use the icons, and the healthbars however you want.

Last edited:

Chico2099

Smash Apprentice
I want Banjo and Kazooie in really bad and Phil Spencer has given me hope but, there is a chance that he has zero intentions of ever trying to get them in the game so there is no telling. Plus who knows if Nintendo or Microsoft could come to an agreement on this collaboration? I'm wont get my hopes up but, if this does happen it would be incredible.

SilverWolf7

Smash Apprentice
I actually read some other people have checked into this and the files are in fact legit. It still is no definitive proof but it does give it more credibility.
Are you saying that there is still no proof that the files are true, or that the rumours of Ryu and Roy coming are true?

If Ryu comes, it could be argued that it makes it even more/less likely for Banjo-Kazooie to come. It could go either way.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

Nostalgia hit me after seeing this!
With the look of this guy and the fact Playtonic will reveal their duo in 12 days from now, I'm as hyped for Project Ukelele as I'm hyped for the possible inclusion of Banjo in Smash.

Top Bottom