• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Banjo-Kazooie: Dynamic Jiggy Duo - Project Dream

Zoljinx

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Zoljinx
3DS FC
5343-8245-7441
Blue Jinjo please!

just voted for Banjo & Kazooie again, i haven't played any of they're games yet, but i hope to one day, and i would love it even more if they was playable.

gotta go make a sig for them to match my other ones now. :p

Last edited:

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
If Microsoft doesn't have a good outlook on gaming, having Banjo-Kazooie in Smash is a great first step to regaining the right a to them, in a beautiful scenario where they come back home.

Also, never played Banjo-Tooie. I have access to it...might have to.
What the hell are you waiting for?

DO IT. DO IT NOW.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
If Microsoft doesn't have a good outlook on gaming, having Banjo-Kazooie in Smash is a great first step to regaining the right a to them, in a beautiful scenario where they come back home.

Also, never played Banjo-Tooie. I have access to it...might have to.
DO IT! DO IT NOW! *ahem* I honesty believe Banjo Tooie is one of the best sequels to a game ever made. It's such an improvement over the first game and Banjo Kazooie was an instant classic to begin with. Uh... my god... so sublime... The game is so good and yet grossly underrated for how much of an upgrade it was.

Add in: Ha! Theanvil beat me to it.

Last edited:

RedFly

Smash Lord
NNID
RedFlyNinja
3DS FC
0018-1836-2825
If Banjo and Kazooie made it in while Microsoft still having the rights to them would just be magical imo, seeing competition come together like that.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Having 100%ed both Kazooie and Tooie many times, Tooie definitely takes the cake as my favorite of the two..

Banjo-Tooie is still my favorite game of all time actually. I'm really hoping Playtonic will blow it out of the water though.

Though I think that the two games are best as a package experience, play Kazooie and then Tooie and relish it as a whole.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
Having 100%ed both Kazooie and Tooie many times, Tooie definitely takes the cake as my favorite of the two..

Banjo-Tooie is still my favorite game of all time actually. I'm really hoping Playtonic will blow it out of the water though.

Though I think that the two games are best as a package experience, play Kazooie and then Tooie and relish it as a whole.
I guess its one of those things as which one you played first my friend play Kazooie first and perfers it over Tooie.

I played Tooie first and perfer it over Kazooie but both are exceptional games and i totally agree both are nothing short of a masterpiece.
like Mario Party 2 & 3.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
I guess its one of those things as which one you played first my friend play Kazooie first and perfers it over Tooie.

I played Tooie first and perfer it over Kazooie but both are exceptional games and i totally agree both are nothing short of a masterpiece.
I played Kazooie first and I still prefer Tooie because everything about the game was genuinely improved from the first.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
DO IT! DO IT NOW! *ahem* I honesty believe Banjo Tooie is one of the best sequels to a game ever made. It's such an improvement over the first game and Banjo Kazooie was an instant classic to begin with. Uh... my god... so sublime... The game is so good and yet grossly underrated for how much of an upgrade it was.

I wouldn't say it was an improvement. I think Tooie is the perfect sequel to a perfect game. It wasn't samey, they changed the temp as it were. It's harder, more complicated, but retains everything of the first that made it great. It didn't overshadow the first at all, because the first is a much more breezy game. If I want to play through a more complex game, that makes me think about things more, I go to Tooie. If I want a game I can just breeze through, listen to some nice tracks and walk around some awesome environments, then Kazooie hits the spot. I usually play 1 then the other though.

They compliment eachother perfectly.

Last edited:

Kalimdori

Amateur Youtuber
NNID
Kalimdori
3DS FC
5129-1442-5970
Seems like the best place to ask this:

I've only ever owned Nintendo consoles, and didn't start until the Gamecube. As such, I've never played a Banjo game, and that's something I deeply regret.

How exactly could I go about finding a way to play those two games?

Daybreak

Busy busy busy~
NNID
DaybreakPlz
3DS FC
1091-8175-8810
Switch FC
SW-6555-9639-6872
This make me very happy; seeing all these fans come out for Banjo-Kazooie is amazing. Glad to see I wasn't alone~.

It's groundbreaking that this dynamic duo is getting such a large chance to work with Nintendo. Who knows what other possibilities this could lead to.

I've only ever owned Nintendo consoles, and didn't start until the Gamecube. As such, I've never played a Banjo game, and that's something I deeply regret.

1. buy an n64 (good luck)
2. buy an xbox 360 and play through the xbox live arcade (how I played them)
3. the forbidden way. emulate

im assuming xbone does not have it.

you better do a vid on it :troll:

Last edited:

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
I wouldn't say it was an improvement. I think Tooie is the perfect sequel to a perfect game. It wasn't samey, they changed the temp as it were. It's harder, more complicated, but retains everything of the first that made it great. It didn't overshadow the first at all, because the first is a much more breezy game. If I want to play through a more complex game, that makes me think about things more, I go to Tooie. If I want a game I can just breeze through, listen to some nice tracks and walk around some awesome environments, then Kazooie hits the spot. I usually play 1 then the other though.

They compliment eachother perfectly.
That's definitely an interesting take on it. Makes me wonder what Banjo-Threeie would have been like. Cue tears.

I wonder how similar Ukulele will be to what Threeie could have been, disregarding the different characters obviously.

I bought both of them along with an N64 off of eBay.

Before that, I just used an emulator for my fix. Surprisingly, I never actually owned either game back in the day, I went to my friend's house every day to play them.

ryuu seika

Smash Master
This make me very happy; seeing all these fans come out for Banjo-Kazooie is amazing. Glad to see I wasn't alone~.
Why would you be alone? Banjo Kazooie was one of the biggest series' of the N64 era and is a much missed Nintendo franchise. So many people have such fond memories of this game, the slightest news was bound to cause a landslide like this.

I wonder how similar Ukulele will be to what Threeie could have been, disregarding the different characters obviously.
I'm guessing it'd've been similar conceptually but that the push towards an open world environment would have been severely hindered by Gamecube era hardware. Mario Sunshine might actually be a good look at the sort of more open and inhabited design we'd likely have seen.

Last edited:

Daybreak

Busy busy busy~
NNID
DaybreakPlz
3DS FC
1091-8175-8810
Switch FC
SW-6555-9639-6872
Why would you be alone? Banjo Kazooie was one of the biggest series' of the N64 era and is a much missed Nintendo franchise. So many people have such fond memories of this game, the slightest news was bound to cause a landslide like this.
It was just unusual (for me at first) to see so many Banjo-Kazooie fans; no one I knew really cared for the game and if I did bring up 'Banjo-Kazooie' they'd rather vote for Sora or Crash. I know it was huge, but I never understood just how many fans were out there. It's just nice to see the amount of support they're getting.

Last edited:

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
That's definitely an interesting take on it. Makes me wonder what Banjo-Threeie would have been like. Cue tears.

I bought both of them along with an N64 off of eBay.

Before that, I just used an emulator for my fix. Surprisingly, I never actually owned either game back in the day, I went to my friend's house every day to play them.
They've said that many of the original ideas they had for Banjo Threeie will go in to Ukelele. I'm sure it'll be every bit as brilliant as Banjo Threeie would have been.

If you don't have an Xbox 360 the cheapest way would be just to get them along with a Nintendo 64 used on ebay. However the Xbox 360 ones have better picture quality. Especially on new TVs.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
Boy Meets World actually referenced Banjo-Kazooie (game) once. Pretty awesome because I LOVE this show.

Junpei

Smash Rookie

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
I feel like the situation with Nintendo and Microsoft with Banjo is similar to the situation with Marvel and Sony with Spiderman. All the fans wanted a movie to be made by Marvel, and the two competing companies came together to make something awesome.

Same thing can happen here.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Boy Meets World actually referenced Banjo-Kazooie (game) once. Pretty awesome because I LOVE this show.

Now you have me flipping through this trying to find where the reference is.

I should be working on the OP...

But then again, I'm still waiting for that other image of Banjo to get finished... or for Omni to fix the missing freckles on his.

ItsMeBrandon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HumanMaleBrandon
I have to be honest, ArtsyOmni's Smashified Banjo-Kazooie picture does seem kind of off, and I still can't put my finger on why.
That said, I think it still looks awesome. I think he did a great job with Kazooie in particular.

I mean, I'm definitely happy to see some more fanart of the duo either way, particularly seeing that support for them could go through the roof during a time like this. This just might help spread the word out a bit more.

I haven't actually cast a vote for Banjo and Kazooie in the ballot yet, truth be told. Part of it's because I already voted once on my computer for another character, and another part of it is because I'm still not sure exactly how I want to phrase my reasoning in favor of the two. But rest assured, I'll do it! ...Eventually.

Rueckkoppler

Smash Journeyman
They've said that many of the original ideas they had for Banjo Threeie will go in to Ukelele. I'm sure it'll be every bit as brilliant as Banjo Threeie would have been.

If you don't have an Xbox 360 the cheapest way would be just to get them along with a Nintendo 64 used on ebay. However the Xbox 360 ones have better picture quality. Especially on new TVs.
Oh yes, I was about to ask this: I'd really love to play the XBLA remakes, but don't own a XBOX 360. Just theoretically: I heard that the cheapest one should be the "Xbox Arcade Edition". Of course, second-hand as well. What would I need to consider when trying to play these games on this machine?

@ JamesDNaux JamesDNaux : Blue Jinjo, please!

I have a feeling we're just gonna use Artsy Omni's SMASHIFIED art of Banjo & Kazooie now because how how GOOD THEY LOOK! Just like what the Rayman thread did!

I've got to say. As much as I like Omnis work (Rayman was PERFECT!) I do prefer this version:

In opposite to Omnis previous work, his version of B-K doesn't really look like a possible character portrait in Smash... But I appreciate that he basically helps spreading the word with his work!

Last edited:

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
In opposite to Omnis previous work, his version of B-K doesn't really look like a possible character portrait in Smash... But I appreciate that he basically helps spreading the word with his work!
I knew something was bothering me but I couldn't quite put my finger on it, but now I'm sure that's it.

Rayman's pose looked believable on the character select screen, but Banjo and Kazooie's poses are really off here.

But no, this one still looks so wrong to me. The smoothed out nose makes his blocky fingers stand out even more.

That lower jaw looks like it belongs on a horse too, come to think of it.

Also RIP in pepperoni Brown Jinjo Family.

Last edited:

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
I just realized I haven't posted my thoughts on the Smashified Banjo.
I love it. Artsy Omni shows his talent once again. However, I do agree with Brandon in that something does look a little off about it. I thought Shovel Knight looked off as well, despite looking great.

Last edited:

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
I do wonder what's taking this one so long, though.

Didn't someone here say they were friends with the artist? I think that was how this popped up here in the first place.

Manic Rykker

Smash Lord
I just realized I haven't posted my thoughts on the Smashified Banjo.
I love it. Artsy Omni shows his talent once again. However, I do agree with Brandon in that something does look a little off about it. I thought Shovel Knight looked off as well, despite looking great.
I think Banjo might have been off because Omni was rushing just a bit on em. Apparently he has something new in the works

Narth

Plox
NNID
nathanrinkster
3DS FC
1736-2381-3285
Blue Jinjo please!!
As for which Banjo game I prefer, although I haven't finished Tooie, I'm likely to say Kazooie. It was just so solid, and it's the one I played as a kid, so there may be some bias. Tooie is awesome, and since it's a new experience for me I'll be playing a lot of that at the moment!

Top Bottom