• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Spear Master! (v(- ' ' -)>↑ ~ Dee wait is killing us...

Do you want Bandana Dee in SSB4?

• Total voters

Lord Goomy

Smash Apprentice
I don't trust any leak, so let's just wait for official news for things, okay guys?
Amen. There is always a lot of fake piggy back "leaks" when there is a big leak that gets a lot of attention. Right now we are in a similar situation to when Gematsu was still considered real, we're being flooded by attention hungry people who know how to rip 3d models.

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
As to not stretch the page and re-post it, I made a post last page I'd appreciate if you guys check out - I would greatly appreciate some feedback!

To keep it on-topic, though:

I honestly think we should just stop talking about those kind of leaks until he is either deconfirmed by Sakurai, or if we see a video of him as an assist, stage background, smash run enemy, etc. because it gets annoying coming here and all I see if "BANDANA DEE DECONFIRMED SOB SOB CRI", when he actually isn't.

Last edited:

Lloyd91

Smash Apprentice
I hate to say I told you guys so but...

You see, Smash Bros. for 3DS is coming out in Japan very soon. Why would it not be featured in said direct, especially since it has 3DS in the title of the direct!

Also, who can say that it won't be translated, and that the japanese only text is a placeholder?
Darn, you beat me to it XD

kirby_queen

Smash Lord
Remember back in the day when they portrayed Kirby as a macho tough guy? Kind of wish they still did.
Ew no. I hate the macho **** people try and do with Kirby. It's so try hard. Kirby is badass because HE IS cute. If you're too insecure to play the games otherwise it's a personal problem. I like him better without the 5 o'clock shadow.

kirby_queen

Smash Lord
Okay, here's that update for Kirby's Adventure I talked about:

First of all, Vegetable Valley has been buffed up, so it's a lot more harder than before. Now, it should still be known that this is the first world in the game, so it isn't crazy hard to the point where you wish death upon all Blippers that you come across. While I won't go into specific details right now, many of the monsters have received buffs, behavior changes, etc. and some monsters have had their position changed, been removed, or been added into the game. There are still some things I hadn't truly accounted for, such as how Mr. Frosty in Vegetable Valley's fourth level automatically dies when you come up to him, or that one of the Blippers in Vegetable Valley's second level is stick in the air.

Also, I found out that I can actually "add in" more levels to the game, as I can replace the debug and unused levels in the game with new ones. As I don't have an insane amount of extra stages to use, I'm still deciding what I'll do with them, whether they be used for hidden rooms, secret stuff, or even some sort of mini-game, I'm just not sure.

Here's a video of Vegetable Valley's second level, after being changed:

As you can see, the level has gone through significant changes to make it harder. I hadn't really changed much of the actual level itself, as I want to still have the game feel like Kirby's Adventure. I will, however, be making minor changes to some stages so they fit better. One thing I'd like to point out incase anybody is wondering is that the Blipper that's frozen in the air was actually meant to be a Blipper on land, but I had implemented it incorrectly, so now it's just stuck there. I'm not so sure how I feel about the Scarfy that are placed in the same room as Fire Lion, as they don't do anything unless you inhale them, so I'll either replace them or just keep them as is. I think that Scarfy is a monster that's meant to pressure the player on where they can go while platforming, so I may include them in some tight jumps and such in later levels, so you'll need to be more careful and more aware.

On another note, from the Kirby's Adventure sound track, is there any tracks that you guys are particularly fond of?

SIDE NOTE: Would anybody be able to locate the following for me?

- Levels/Stages you fight the Meta-Knights (Meta Knight's army) in.

- Any Blippers that are found out of water, flailing around (are they even in this game?)

- All levels/stages that feature Warp Stars in them

I'd like these so I can experiment with a few things in the game, some of which may be a little obvious from what I just said.

---

3. Bandana Dee is not as significant to the franchise as Meta Knight and King DeDeDe.

This is a statement that is made often, although it doesn't have much effect on Bandana Dee's chances in the game. Meta Knight and King DeDeDe have had much more roles in the Kirby franchise than Bandana Dee, so this causes them to have a bigger role in the franchise, but this doesn't decide whether they're as important or not. Kirby is, of course, the most important character in the franchise, it being his franchise and all, but Bandana Dee, King DeDeDe, and Meta Knight are all technically main characters of the franchise, so they share the same importance. If significance is determined by appearances, then from Bandana Dee's jump to relevance until now, he is more significant than Meta Knight due to more appearances in the franchise. In Kirby: Triple Deluxe, King DeDeDe was a major part of the story, Bandana Dee was a support character, and Meta Knight didn't show up in the game at all. However, even with that said, Bandana Dee's chances of being a playable character is not affected by this, as both Meta Knight and King DeDeDe are both already in the game, and the only other Kirby rep that is relevant in the franchise would be Bandana Dee.

- Sakurai's Tweet

For the 20th anniversary of the Kirby franchise, the creator, Masahiro Sakurai, had tweeted a picture to celebrate this event. The picture included Kirby, King DeDeDe, Meta Knight, and Bandana Dee all hanging on to a warp star. If Sakurai didn't care much about Bandana Dee or didn't know his relevance in the series now, he would have posted something such as Kirby, King DeDeDe, and Meta Knight in 8-BIT sprites, or something similar.

- Kirby's 20th Dream Collection

To celebrate Kirby's 20th anniversary, HAL Laboratories had created a game called "Kirby's 20th Dream Collection". In the introduction animation to celebrate Kirby's 20th anniversary, it features Kirby, King DeDeDe, and Meta Knight as their first 8-BIT sprites, with Kirby eating a modern Warp Star. All three of them turn into their modern appearances, and then see two Waddle Dee running by holding Star Blocks. After running by, it is shown that Bandana Dee and two Waddle Dee had created a 20th Anniversary sign out of Star Blocks to celebrate. Bandana Dee is shown to have been in the modern part of the introduction, instead of with Kirby, King DeDeDe, and Meta Knight as he had reached relevance in the series in the modern Kirby games. The official Kirby pin that was released by Club Nintendo for Kirby's 20th anniversary also features all four characters.

- Bandana Dee in Kirby: Triple Deluxe

In Kirby: Triple Deluxe, the most recently released Kirby game, Bandana Dee is present. As Kirby goes on his journey, Bandana Dee is seen giving him helpful items, such as Maxim Tomatoes, similar to how Adeleine worked in Kirby 64: The Crystal Shard. He is also in charge of the StreetPass system in the game, which is a major component of the 3DS. One of the most well known characters in the Kirby franchise, Meta Knight, had not been present in the game, excluding certain cameos.

Along with that, when Kirby uses the Stone copy ability, he can transform into a variety of stone statues. One of the statues that Kirby can transform into has King DeDeDe, Meta Knight and Bandana Dee. Having Bandana Dee be featured in a statue with King DeDeDe and Meta Knight is a clear sign that he is the fourth main Kirby character. Bandana Dee is also featured in the secret ending credits of Kirby: Triple Deluxe playing a 3DS alongside Kirby. In Kirby: Super Star Ultra, when using local multiplayer, the lobby would have Kirby and a standard Waddle Dee playing the regular DS instead, which was before Bandana Dee had been bumped to a relevant character. While not specifically relevant to Kirby: Triple Deluxe, Bandana Dee has a StreetPass hat that you can wear, alongside Kirby, DeDeDe, and Meta Knight.

- Kirby and the Rainbow Curse

Kirby and the Rainbow Curse, which was revealed at E3 earlier this year, is the first Kirby title to come to the Wii U. During the E3 Demo, the artwork used on the Title Screen features both Kirby and four variations of Bandana Dee following behind Kirby. Bandana Dee doesn't appear to be in the same ball form that Kirby is in, though. The role of Bandana Dee in the game is unknown, although being featured on the Title Screen clearly shows that he has a significant role in the game, when neither King DeDeDe or Meta Knight are on it, let alone confirmed to be in the game.
Loving your work on the Adventure game. Don't be afraid to add more enemies. :D

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
Loving your work on the Adventure game. Don't be afraid to add more enemies. :D
Thank you! I'll probably add in more enemies, it's just that I can't add in too much or else the game could get laggy. Each stage in the game (ie: Vegetable Valley Level 1, Vegetable Valley Level 2) is seperated into rooms, and the rooms are seperated into areas. When Kirby goes into a new area, the rest of them unload themselves, which is why enemies respawn when you come back to them. I can still fit a lot of enemies into each area, so each stage can include a lot of enemies.

SS-bros14

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4038-6159-5535
Ok guys, before you freak out, this could be fake:
image.jpg

Could be real, but probably fake. If it's fake, Bandana Dee still has chance!

Last edited:

Enderman1021

Smash Ace
NNID
Enderman1021
fake, why would Yoshi STILL cut off rosalina from the rest of the mario cast? he is yoshis island, not mario despite originating from mario

dr.mario is also cut of by wario. Again, they originate from it, but they count as different series, also mewtwo over a grasstype starter, that would just be plain mean to grass type favorers

Last edited:

Shiny Porygon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShinyPory
That leak is likely fake. It isn't blurry enough, and the camera needs to be tilted more to seem believable.

D

Deleted member

Its fake. It has Super Metroid Ridley. Other M Ridley was the one shown off in the direct.

Maikou

Smash Ace
Ok guys, before you freak out, this could be fake:
View attachment 23362
Could be real, but probably fake. If it's fake, Bandana Dee still has chance!

It's fake - the Doctor Mario render in this is the one that everybody thought the real one (in the real leak) was. You can easily tell because of his eyebrows and his mouth.
fake, why would Yoshi STILL cut off rosalina from the rest of the mario cast? he is yoshis island, not mario despite originating from mario

dr.mario is also cut of by wario. Again, they originate from it, but they count as different series, also mewtwo over a grasstype starter, that would just be plain mean to grass type favorers
Actually, Dr. Mario is it's own series, so technically that logic does not apply there. you are correct on all other accounts, however, except for the Grass-Type remark, however that is subjective, so I will ignore it.
That leak is likely fake. It isn't blurry enough, and the camera needs to be tilted more to seem believable.
Its fake. It has Super Metroid Ridley. Other M Ridley was the one shown off in the direct.

Burigu

Smash Ace
That is clearly fake you don't have to even look at Jigglypuff or Dr. Mario render to notice just the mere presence of Wolf which according to the leak got the axe along with Ice Climbers :cry:, Lucas and Snake, should disprove this, and why always most of the fake leaks are as foggy as they can. I see the most of you want to ignore the leak, but I have to say it just look way too real to be fake, fake renders ok that is believable but why people will go and create a bunch of VIDEOS when Sakurai can destroy the leak revealing a character next day?

That said Waddle Dee is not out yet even according to the leak, the roster in the picture is not the whole roster

Last edited:

08skidoosh80

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Tyler80
3DS FC
3136-6615-9131
Switch FC
SW-5074-0505-2141
That is clearly fake you don't have to even look at Jigglypuff or Dr. Mario render to notice just the mere presence of Wolf which according to the leak got the axe along with Ice Climbers :cry:, Lucas and Snake, should disprove this, and why always most of the fake leaks are as foggy as they can.
Whenever I take pictures I get that same effect.
Maybe it's my camera....

Jiggly

Drop the mic, cause these fools sleeping on me
The FBI Surveillance Van outside your house.
NNID
Jiggly101
That is clearly fake you don't have to even look at Jigglypuff or Dr. Mario render to notice just the mere presence of Wolf which according to the leak got the axe along with Ice Climbers :cry:, Lucas and Snake, should disprove this, and why always most of the fake leaks are as foggy as they can. I see the most of you want to ignore the leak, but I have to say it just look way too real to be fake, fake renders ok that is believable but why people will go and create a bunch of VIDEOS when Sakurai can destroy the leak revealing a character next day?

That said Waddle Dee is not out yet even according to the leak, the roster in the picture is not the whole roster
With your "Not the whole roster is leaked" logic, couldn't wolf be a late unlock, just like he was in BRAWL???

Burigu

Smash Ace
With your "Not the whole roster is leaked" logic, couldn't wolf be a late unlock, just like he was in BRAWL???
That is NOT MY logic that is what THE LEAK said so you are confusing things. This same leak stated Wolf cut, honestly I am not sure why are you quoting me for that if this is Bandana's Dee threat. If we have late additions those are definetely Dr. Mario and Dark Pit.

Jiggly

Drop the mic, cause these fools sleeping on me
The FBI Surveillance Van outside your house.
NNID
Jiggly101
That is NOT MY logic that is what THE LEAK said so you are confusing things. This same leak stated Wolf cut, honestly I am not sure why are you quoting me for that if this is Bandana's Dee threat. If we have late additions those are definetely Dr. Mario and Dark Pit.
idk what to believe anymore, the leak also stated DLC, which was confirmed to be a lie :(

Burigu

Smash Ace
idk what to believe anymore, the leak also stated DLC, which was confirmed to be a lie :(
Images speak better than words BUT this is my last mention of the leak here this is about Bandana Dee after all: his chances might be hurt be this leak but if the final roster wasn't shown then there is always a chance so anyone disconfirming him isn't speaking the truth but he is neither a shoe in:

Last edited:

BandanaDee

Smash Journeyman
So shulk is confirmed, im super glad riki is in there, i'm a huge fan of riki x3 RIKI FOR SMASH 5

that aside though the leak is real hmm, theres still them slots left, and no assist trophy deeconfirmation for us today. looking forward to JR and shulk, dr marios gonna piss me of though x3

If dee is in the game, he's gonna be hidden, so lets wait it out, just a few days left now

IronFish

Smash Ace
So shulk is confirmed, im super glad riki is in there, i'm a huge fan of riki x3 RIKI FOR SMASH 5

that aside though the leak is real hmm, theres still them slots left, and no assist trophy deeconfirmation for us today. looking forward to JR and shulk, dr marios gonna piss me of though x3

If dee is in the game, he's gonna be hidden, so lets wait it out, just a few days left now
The amount of KI and Mario reps is what gets me.

Sailor Waddle Dee

Smash Journeyman
And FE

Seriously, Kirby and DK deserve more reps too.

not sure how to feel about the leak being confirmed. but it still doesn't count out Bandana Dee, so let's wait out these last few days together.

BandanaDee

Smash Journeyman
meh, dark pit does annoy me, hes a cool character sure but he did not warrent his own slot just cause sakurai worked on kid icarus. and all the mario does annoy me, if DR mario wasnt there itd be better, (and no offence rosalina fans i dont like her)

im gonna be a bit sad if we really only get 3 kirby reps

dont forget fire emblem has like...6 or so more games in japan that over here, its a bigger thing in japan which is why i guess they got so many

same with shulks popularity

which in the end is good for us considering bandana is way more popular over there than over here

Last edited:

Sailor Waddle Dee

Smash Journeyman
Dr. Mario should have been a costume, same for Dark Pit.
that still gives a LOT of Mario reps, but it's Nintendo's mascot series so that's to be expected.
Kirby deserves a fourth rep, DK Deserves a third. and there are plenty of un-repped series that deserve their first characters more than KI FE and Mario getting tons of reps. Chibi-robo for example

at this point I'd be happy with ANY Kirby rep (Bandana Dee, Marx, Magolor, Daroach, heck even Galacta Knight as a clone of Meta-Knight) although it's obvious who I want the most

BandanaDee

Smash Journeyman
Dr. Mario should have been a costume, same for Dark Pit.
that still gives a LOT of Mario reps, but it's Nintendo's mascot series so that's to be expected.
Kirby deserves a fourth rep, DK Deserves a third. and there are plenty of un-repped series that deserve their first characters more than KI FE and Mario getting tons of reps. Chibi-robo for example

at this point I'd be happy with ANY Kirby rep (Bandana Dee, Marx, Magolor, Daroach, heck even Galacta Knight as a clone of Meta-Knight) although it's obvious who I want the most
sailor dee right?

joke aside yeah i completely agree, the balancing on numbers is a bit biast this game, unless sakurai pulls of a surprise and theres like another row or something or tons of dlc i dont see the numbers being fair in this one. lets hope the last 5 are DK, Kirby, ice climbers, metroid and hopefully a mother rep too

Last edited:

IronFish

Smash Ace
I can feasibly see Bandana Dee as this games Lucario, or Rob or something
sailor dee right?

joke aside yeah i completely agree, the balancing on numbers is a bit biast this game, unless sakurai pulls of a surprise and theres like another row or something or tons of dlc i dont see the numbers being fair in this one. lets hope the last 5 are DK, Kirby, ice climbers, metroid and hopefully a mother rep too
Also I think Sakurai could just be saving a bunch of newcomer to be secret...

Last edited:

kirby_queen

Smash Lord
OMG SHULK IS CONFIRMED FOR SMASH... but more important than Shulk is the fact that Rikki is Heropon in Smash game!!!! Sad not to see Reyn and Sharla as part of his smash though... BUT RIKKI IS COOL! That Xenoblade Stage OMG and the music. Hahaha. Shulk's actually my least favorite character from that game. He's bland compared to the rest of his cast but I guess since he's the hero in the story, it'd be odd having anyone else represent. Still If I can see the other charas via his Smash and possibly level that will be great. Xenoblade also has some of my fave game music too. So sweet. I probably won't use him at all cause I don't ever use swordman characters but whatever. THAT LEVEL.
Congrats to Shulk supporters

I'm still hoping for Bandana Waddle Dee but we'll have to wait and see. This does seem to coincide with that other recent leak so that probably means Bowser Jr will be revealed.

Last edited:

wizardto1

Smash Lord
NNID
waddledee3
3DS FC
1676-4166-2291
Letting you know, Kirby Fighters Deluxe and Dedede's Drum Dash Deluxe are out now.
Man, I should have saved my EShop credit. ; (

Top Bottom