• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Spear Master! (v(- ' ' -)>↑ ~ Dee wait is killing us...

Do you want Bandana Dee in SSB4?

• Total voters

CHUBUNATO

Smash Apprentice
NNID
CHUBUNATO
3DS FC
2277-6893-1304
No Kirby is an infant. He's never been stated as being a teenager. Why do yo think he sounds like a baby :D
I though that was the anime that stated that for the reason for him not being able to function normally or some ****. Kirby's age was never stated in the games to my memory.

Anyway I support Bandana Dee. I hope he will be dlc or something if he's not an unlockable

Last edited:

LF2K

Floor Diver
Premium
Smash 3DS comes out in 2 weeks, I think they'll at least mention something!

D

Deleted member

its prob nothing smash related if its japan only

You see, Smash Bros. for 3DS is coming out in Japan very soon. Why would it not be featured in said direct, especially since it has 3DS in the title of the direct!

Also, who can say that it won't be translated, and that the japanese only text is a placeholder?

LF2K

Floor Diver
Premium
Remember back in the day when they portrayed Kirby as a macho tough guy? Kind of wish they still did.

BandanaDee

Smash Journeyman
Sakurai is all about hype, with how they've revealed all of the newcommers and the like so far with all languages i dont see why they would change that trend now is all. I just meant its not smash related, im sure they'll mention it but i doubt we'll be getting anything worth of notice.

i hope im wrong but eh.

CHUBUNATO

Smash Apprentice
NNID
CHUBUNATO
3DS FC
2277-6893-1304
Remember back in the day when they portrayed Kirby as a macho tough guy? Kind of wish they still did.
Yeah i miss those days too. NoA need to step it up like they used to back in the day. Also that picture reminds me how much Kirby was an Ass in Kirby's Avalanche:

Last edited:

SS-bros14

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4038-6159-5535
No Kirby is an infant. He's never been stated as being a teenager. Why do yo think he sounds like a baby :D

ALSO omg Nintendo Direct for tomorrow! Sweeeeet!

I'd like to also add that I reread the interview where the developers at Hal were talking about the 3 cancelled games. In it Shinya Kumazaki mentions he had worked on canvas curse. He's now been directing the Kirby games and what if the reason for those Bandana Waddle Dees in Rainbow Curse is because HE'S directing this game too. He has given more importance to the character.
Yes Kirby sounds like a baby. But still, Spongbob sounds young but he's like 20. :p

08skidoosh80

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Tyler80
3DS FC
3136-6615-9131
Switch FC
SW-5074-0505-2141
Really? Didn't Sakurai say he was teenager once? :p
Also, big news:
DIRECT! Nintendo's Japan website has announced a 8/29 3DS direct! Let's hope it talks about smash and reveals Bandana Dee (and Ridley)! Now we just have to wait for the American announcement...
Also, I got a fortune cookie yesterday saying 'Good news of a long-awaited event will arrive soon.' IRONY! :laugh:
Don't worry, Kirby can just reform!

Last edited:

Shiny Porygon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShinyPory
Nope. Some characters deserve to be in more than others, which you just explained yourself with those examples, sooo...While Bandana Dee is one of the more major Kirby characters, I still just don't think he deserves it.

He's among the more likely characters to get in, but that's not a huge accomplishment. He's likely enough where I wouldn't be very surprised if he actually made it in, but I wouldn't bet on his inclusion, no.

Again, I never said I don't want to see him in. I do. While I don't want him as much as Ridley, I'd still be happy if he was included in the game. Waddles Dees are adorbs and the Bandana Dee is even better since he's a MC. I wasn't trying to insult the guy by stating my opinion that he's undeserving an unlikely, I've been supporting undeserving and unlikely characters since Day 1. For example, Anthony Higgs. Does he deserve to be playable in Smash Bros? Hell no. Is he likely to be playable in Smash Bros? lolno (but likely enough for me to at least mention). Do I want to see him in Smash Bros? A bit more than Ridley, actually.
Well, if we're going by definition of what characters deserve to be in, then we have a LOT of character cutting to do. Just saying.

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
The Nintendo Direct is more than likely to come to NoA, as it focuses on 3DS Games in general - even if it was a Smash Direct, I bet it would still be coming to NoA.

I personally wouldn't, and would honestly be upset if they did. I enjoy Kirby being portrayed as cute and funny, rather than mean and macho. While it doesn't really affect the games in any way, I don't want to see a commercial with Kirby sitting at a bar getting a couple of drinks, and then starts getting into a couple of bar fights or something - it just doesn't feel Kirby. I really enjoy the Triple Deluxe commercials, haha. Also, if he went back into macho, buff pink puff, then I think they'd need to remove his signature, cute "Hii!" from commercials, as it wouldn't really fit in...

Yeah i miss those days too. NoA need to step it up like they used to back in the day. Also that picture reminds me how much Kirby was an *** in Kirby's Avalanche:
Wow, Kirby needs to stop being such an ****. He's so rude to Poppy Bros. Sr...

RUDE.

Last edited:

SS-bros14

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4038-6159-5535
Well, I'm gonna go and play some Kirby Fighters. Hopefully when I come back Nintendo of America announces the direct for the US.

Last edited:

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Uuuh guys

Time to get scared again.

Todays potd X symbol button matches the one on the leak pictures so that wolf and impa one is still alive.

Aguki90

Smash Ace
NNID
Aguki900
3DS FC
2423-2759-1478
I'm really glad by how long the SSB4 hype train has gone without a Bandana Dee disconfirmation. As we near the end of our journey, we still don't know for sure what's in store for us when the hype train crashes, but there's always a glimmer of hope that the Dee is one of the playable characters that Sakurai has left for us. And, no matter what leaks try to bog us down, we'll keep the hype train going until September 13th, the day of judgment.
Yep, Bandana Dee as stick until the end of this journey. It been a great time...

OMG A DIRECT OF JAPON ONLY!!!!!!!JOPAN ONLY DON'T CARE, I Gonna watch IT!

SS-bros14

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4038-6159-5535
Ok, I play over 11 minutes of Kirby Fighters, a level with spear Kirby, another level with spear Kirby, (attempted) to beat Kracko with spear Kirby, yet still no Nintendo of America direct announcement!? :facepalm:

D

Deleted member

Uuuh guys

Time to get scared again.

Todays potd X symbol button matches the one on the leak pictures so that wolf and impa one is still alive.
No its still dead.

Lucario's KO count says 33, but its actually 34. Not to mention "How many times has Pikachu made Zelda KO?" sounds stupid.

Last edited by a moderator:

SS-bros14

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4038-6159-5535
According to someone at the leaked roster thread:
So I've see that people think we're getting a character reveal at PAX tomorrow to line up with Japan's direct and the fact that Smash Bros is being shown behind doors at PAX. Perhaps we're getting another Pac-man type reveal...oh joy...whatever, I'll take any newcomer announcement.
Let's hope it'll be a Bandana Dee (and Ridley) reveal!

Lord Goomy

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, but it's not killing the rest of the photos he has, the Impa one may be fake, but the other photos he has is suspicious.
We already discussed the other pictures in depth a few pages back if you want to see the reasoning for people thinking all the photos are fake. One of the trophies was even deconfirmed conclusively.

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
Okay, here's that update for Kirby's Adventure I talked about:

First of all, Vegetable Valley has been buffed up, so it's a lot more harder than before. Now, it should still be known that this is the first world in the game, so it isn't crazy hard to the point where you wish death upon all Blippers that you come across. While I won't go into specific details right now, many of the monsters have received buffs, behavior changes, etc. and some monsters have had their position changed, been removed, or been added into the game. There are still some things I hadn't truly accounted for, such as how Mr. Frosty in Vegetable Valley's fourth level automatically dies when you come up to him, or that one of the Blippers in Vegetable Valley's second level is stick in the air.

Also, I found out that I can actually "add in" more levels to the game, as I can replace the debug and unused levels in the game with new ones. As I don't have an insane amount of extra stages to use, I'm still deciding what I'll do with them, whether they be used for hidden rooms, secret stuff, or even some sort of mini-game, I'm just not sure.

Here's a video of Vegetable Valley's second level, after being changed:

As you can see, the level has gone through significant changes to make it harder. I hadn't really changed much of the actual level itself, as I want to still have the game feel like Kirby's Adventure. I will, however, be making minor changes to some stages so they fit better. One thing I'd like to point out incase anybody is wondering is that the Blipper that's frozen in the air was actually meant to be a Blipper on land, but I had implemented it incorrectly, so now it's just stuck there. I'm not so sure how I feel about the Scarfy that are placed in the same room as Fire Lion, as they don't do anything unless you inhale them, so I'll either replace them or just keep them as is. I think that Scarfy is a monster that's meant to pressure the player on where they can go while platforming, so I may include them in some tight jumps and such in later levels, so you'll need to be more careful and more aware.

On another note, from the Kirby's Adventure sound track, is there any tracks that you guys are particularly fond of?

SIDE NOTE: Would anybody be able to locate the following for me?

- Levels/Stages you fight the Meta-Knights (Meta Knight's army) in.

- Any Blippers that are found out of water, flailing around (are they even in this game?)

- All levels/stages that feature Warp Stars in them

I'd like these so I can experiment with a few things in the game, some of which may be a little obvious from what I just said.

---

3. Bandana Dee is not as significant to the franchise as Meta Knight and King DeDeDe.

This is a statement that is made often, although it doesn't have much effect on Bandana Dee's chances in the game. Meta Knight and King DeDeDe have had much more roles in the Kirby franchise than Bandana Dee, so this causes them to have a bigger role in the franchise, but this doesn't decide whether they're as important or not. Kirby is, of course, the most important character in the franchise, it being his franchise and all, but Bandana Dee, King DeDeDe, and Meta Knight are all technically main characters of the franchise, so they share the same importance. If significance is determined by appearances, then from Bandana Dee's jump to relevance until now, he is more significant than Meta Knight due to more appearances in the franchise. In Kirby: Triple Deluxe, King DeDeDe was a major part of the story, Bandana Dee was a support character, and Meta Knight didn't show up in the game at all. However, even with that said, Bandana Dee's chances of being a playable character is not affected by this, as both Meta Knight and King DeDeDe are both already in the game, and the only other Kirby rep that is relevant in the franchise would be Bandana Dee.

- Sakurai's Tweet

For the 20th anniversary of the Kirby franchise, the creator, Masahiro Sakurai, had tweeted a picture to celebrate this event. The picture included Kirby, King DeDeDe, Meta Knight, and Bandana Dee all hanging on to a warp star. If Sakurai didn't care much about Bandana Dee or didn't know his relevance in the series now, he would have posted something such as Kirby, King DeDeDe, and Meta Knight in 8-BIT sprites, or something similar.

- Kirby's 20th Dream Collection

To celebrate Kirby's 20th anniversary, HAL Laboratories had created a game called "Kirby's 20th Dream Collection". In the introduction animation to celebrate Kirby's 20th anniversary, it features Kirby, King DeDeDe, and Meta Knight as their first 8-BIT sprites, with Kirby eating a modern Warp Star. All three of them turn into their modern appearances, and then see two Waddle Dee running by holding Star Blocks. After running by, it is shown that Bandana Dee and two Waddle Dee had created a 20th Anniversary sign out of Star Blocks to celebrate. Bandana Dee is shown to have been in the modern part of the introduction, instead of with Kirby, King DeDeDe, and Meta Knight as he had reached relevance in the series in the modern Kirby games. The official Kirby pin that was released by Club Nintendo for Kirby's 20th anniversary also features all four characters.

- Bandana Dee in Kirby: Triple Deluxe

In Kirby: Triple Deluxe, the most recently released Kirby game, Bandana Dee is present. As Kirby goes on his journey, Bandana Dee is seen giving him helpful items, such as Maxim Tomatoes, similar to how Adeleine worked in Kirby 64: The Crystal Shard. He is also in charge of the StreetPass system in the game, which is a major component of the 3DS. One of the most well known characters in the Kirby franchise, Meta Knight, had not been present in the game, excluding certain cameos.

Along with that, when Kirby uses the Stone copy ability, he can transform into a variety of stone statues. One of the statues that Kirby can transform into has King DeDeDe, Meta Knight and Bandana Dee. Having Bandana Dee be featured in a statue with King DeDeDe and Meta Knight is a clear sign that he is the fourth main Kirby character. Bandana Dee is also featured in the secret ending credits of Kirby: Triple Deluxe playing a 3DS alongside Kirby. In Kirby: Super Star Ultra, when using local multiplayer, the lobby would have Kirby and a standard Waddle Dee playing the regular DS instead, which was before Bandana Dee had been bumped to a relevant character. While not specifically relevant to Kirby: Triple Deluxe, Bandana Dee has a StreetPass hat that you can wear, alongside Kirby, DeDeDe, and Meta Knight.

- Kirby and the Rainbow Curse

Kirby and the Rainbow Curse, which was revealed at E3 earlier this year, is the first Kirby title to come to the Wii U. During the E3 Demo, the artwork used on the Title Screen features both Kirby and four variations of Bandana Dee following behind Kirby. Bandana Dee doesn't appear to be in the same ball form that Kirby is in, though. The role of Bandana Dee in the game is unknown, although being featured on the Title Screen clearly shows that he has a significant role in the game, when neither King DeDeDe or Meta Knight are on it, let alone confirmed to be in the game.

Last edited:

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
So where is the evidence that the Dee pictures are fake, besides using the argument of using the same model, because model porting has been done before in Smash.

You see how the spear is cut out of the Trophy even though it is not at the top of the 3DS screen? The spear has plenty of room to be fully shown, but is not.

Onto the second pic:

Notice how the top of the screen has the same space coloring as the rest of the pic and how it shows no indication of the 3DS top screen of being cutting it off. Plus the blade point of the spear is completely missing.

Not to mention how shabby the pictures look.

Last edited:

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
It's clear enough that you can actually see the models, unlike the other blurry leaks you would normally have a hard time deciphering. You can clearly see the strike point of the spear above the rod. What does a spear being partially shown off prove to make it fake, there's nothing really proving it fake if it's zoomed in, as there wouldn't be anything suspicious to see, as it's just the trophy background and the trophy itself.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
It's clear enough that you can actually see the models, unlike the other blurry leaks you would normally have a hard time deciphering. You can clearly see the strike point of the spear above the rod. What does a spear being partially shown off prove to make it fake, there's nothing really proving it fake if it's zoomed in, as there wouldn't be anything suspicious to see, as it's just the trophy background and the trophy itself.
Because even if the model was zoomed in, the Spear's Blade would not be gone, I mean, just look at how much room it has to appear.

If this model was real, then the spear blade would not disappear when there was so much room for it to be shown.

Here is a picture in relation to what I am saying:

Notice the design of the top of the 3DS XL.

Since this is not shown, there is no reason why the Spear's blade would be cut off.

Furthermore:

Notice the different designs between the two spears. One has a tassel (I think that is the right word) and one does not, and if I am right, they are supposedly from the same source and "leaker" correct?

Top Bottom