• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Spear Master! (v(- ' ' -)>↑ ~ Dee wait is killing us...

Do you want Bandana Dee in SSB4?

• Total voters

Banana Waffle Deed

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sapsiper
3DS FC
1263-6961-7801
Actually, I don't like what you guys did about laynboh, I'm in utter shock.
At least go full monty!
Taichi Kirby, soupah laynboh!
I did, I even made a picture to go along with it... U no like my way of going full monty?!

qin 2.jpg

Well, I'm sure that if there was a cute baby outside your front doorstep...

You would take it inside into your glorious mansion.

After that you would take the baby inside however, you would lift up the blankets that were covering up the poor baby's face.

To reveal...

dede.jpg

...A true hero inDeed.

Before planning to take him to a place to where they could take care of the Deestined better than you could,

The tiny hero spoke his first word....

"I WILL BE 'DEE BEST KIND OF DEELC, 'DEE DEELC! 'DEE BANDANA BRIGADE WILL BE CREATED BY CHANDELURE AND BRING ME TO GREAT GLory and....

...Well, more like first sentences and unfortunately, he fell asleep.

You decide to bring him to that place that those people can take care of him but you're going to miss that little guy...

You walk to your car to take him there and 'Dee Deestined wakes up...

hmmmm.jpg

This brings a rush of waterfalls and flooding you've never seen before and seeing all this crying makes you tear up and cry as well.

Your tears of love turns the 'Dee 'Deestined cyan with a lovely white Bandana.

Sill crying, you drive up to that orphanage...

Wait did I say orphanage? Silly me, don't you remember? You have your own clone mansion just down the street!

So you take him in as your own and you hide him from the rest of us...

How dare you?! What do you have to say for yourself?!

R.I.P. Bluedana Dee, we will always remember you :cry:
We should make a petition to have Bluedana Dee in Smash to honor him.
Someone make one and put it in the OP! :sadeyes:

Deese needs love!

Last edited:

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Coming back to this thread-
I'm a big supporter of this guy, and Kirby should definitely be at four characters if FIRE EMBLEM is.
Yet I'm at a bit of a loss for adding him this game.

I have no doubt a moveset could easily be added for him, but I don't know enough of his personality to say what that unique mechanism would be.
All characters added now have a very distinguishing gameplay, and I just... don't know what it is about Bandana Dee that could become a playstyle (not a moveset), based more on his personality and attributes, rather than just his spear.
I don't have this issue with Ridley, Isaac, Chibi Robo, Ray MK, Captain Toad, K Rool, Dixie, Andy, Sceptile, Lip, Inkling, WonderRed, Bomberman-- who just about round out the other most wanted characters I have.
Yet with Bandana Dee I just cannot see, perhaps in ignorance, where is extremely unique IT factor is.

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
We're talking about this guy, right?

He was seen in the Title Screen at the E3 demo for the game with Kirby and the other 3 Bandana Dees. After Bill Trinen revealed the multiplayer mode, he was the only version of Bandana Dee that didn't appear for multiplayer, or anywhere else in the game.

My only guess for what he might appear in is if Bandana Dee gets a mode like Dedede Tour, where instead of Kirby you control him. Then that way, there would still be 4 players.

I doubt he was removed for performance issues, as I'm pretty sure the Wii U would be capable of handling that. :glare:

I also find it sort of strange that he wears a white bandana when he's cyan. The others wear ones that somewhat match their skin tone.
I'm assuming the game was planned to be able to have five people playing at once but it probably proved to be too chaotic or something like that. So the game was reduced to four player and they just axed the color.

I doubt it was hardware related, at the very least.

Reiga

He sold diddy for a switch
3DS FC
1461-7646-7368
Hey, since even the Mewtwo DeeLC will probably come with the Miiverse stage, what stages can we have when Bandana Dee enters as DeeLC?
I was thinking that for the 3DS version we could have a Wild World from Kirby 3xDeluxe, more specificly the Waddle Dee Train level.

I find it interesting that Dees stage would basically have the cars from Onett, and the 3DS version doesn't really have a canyon level, the closest thing is Gerudo Valley, also, If this stage were also in the Wii U version it could work like the Jungle Hijynx level with you alternating between the background and foreground.
The Wii U version could cash-in on Rainbow's Curse's release and make a level out of it. It would be one of those stages that scrolls and stops to the right, it would go through various levels with the Laynboh line helping you out, for example it could have a lava-cave part where there is a platform that above it spews lava, and you can only go below it, but sometimes the line blocks the lava and you can stand on the platform, the stage would obviously have the clay art style.
What Kirby stages do you think can be in Smash when DeeLC is released?

Crumb Bone

Smash Rookie
Sorry if I'm repeating facts you guys already know, but I made a video explaining why I'm 99% sure Bandana Dee will be DLC (I'm not as certain about the date, though).

Flying_Skitty

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1091-8635-3184
Hey, since even the Mewtwo DeeLC will probably come with the Miiverse stage, what stages can we have when Bandana Dee enters as DeeLC?
I was thinking that for the 3DS version we could have a Wild World from Kirby 3xDeluxe, more specificly the Waddle Dee Train level.

I find it interesting that Dees stage would basically have the cars from Onett, and the 3DS version doesn't really have a canyon level, the closest thing is Gerudo Valley, also, If this stage were also in the Wii U version it could work like the Jungle Hijynx level with you alternating between the background and foreground.
The Wii U version could cash-in on Rainbow's Curse's release and make a level out of it. It would be one of those stages that scrolls and stops to the right, it would go through various levels with the Laynboh line helping you out, for example it could have a lava-cave part where there is a platform that above it spews lava, and you can only go below it, but sometimes the line blocks the lava and you can stand on the platform, the stage would obviously have the clay art style.
What Kirby stages do you think can be in Smash when DeeLC is released?
Kirby Fighters Deeluxe Waddle Dee Train tracks. Tbh, I abuse Beetle to fling people into trains. Ultimate Deestruction!

Spear Kirby needs to be in Kirby Fighter with B-Dee as an alt Costume.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I'm a big supporter of this guy, and Kirby should definitely be at four characters if FIRE EMBLEM is.

I have no doubt a moveset could easily be added for him, but I don't know enough of his personality to say what that unique mechanism would be.
All characters added now have a very distinguishing gameplay, and I just... don't know what it is about Bandana Dee that could become a playstyle (not a moveset), based more on his personality and attributes, rather than just his spear.
I don't have this issue with Ridley, Isaac, Chibi Robo, Ray MK, Captain Toad, K Rool, Dixie, Andy, Sceptile, Lip, Inkling, WonderRed, Bomberman-- who just about round out the other most wanted characters I have.
Yet with Bandana Dee I just cannot see, perhaps in ignorance, where is extremely unique IT factor is.
BDee doesn't really have all too much without his spear, but I remember 2 suggestions, Magaton Punch, that was his first appearance, and someone once suggested he could have a meter that when full, he summons a food item, like in Triple Deluxe

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
I like the concept that BeeDee can summon help from other Kirby enemies. As in, they just appear for a move and then disappear again.

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
I thought of this cranky concept of BDee's spear increasing lenght (By Jet Hammer-y electronics) bit by bit when he deals damage.

Or a Neutral B that does that, for the less crankier version.

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master

Please, no more gimmick fighters

Reiga

He sold diddy for a switch
3DS FC
1461-7646-7368
Bandana Dee doesnt only have a spear, he can have a parasol, that can be incorperated as a shield and/or to help slow the fall, he also can use the paper maché Waddle Dees from KRTDL as some sort of shield and can maybe even use the items from that game, like the Cracker of the Prism Shield.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
Sorry if I'm repeating facts you guys already know, but I made a video explaining why I'm 99% sure Bandana Dee will be DLC (I'm not as certain about the date, though).

Pretty cool, thanks! :D

But there are other two possible reasons, sadly.

1. 3DS limitations.
I don't know if the 3DS can handle Dedede's old Final Smash or the Waddle Dee Toss (Random projectiles who also walk and attack in the stage).

2. Sakurai's bias.
All the Kirby content in Smash is about Kirby Super Star (Sakurai's game), maybe he just tries to evade the new games.

(Do you want to discuss those reasons, guys? XD)

Again, thanks, really good video. *Like*

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior

1. 3DS limitations.
I don't know if the 3DS can handle Dedede's old Final Smash or the Waddle Dee Toss (Random projectiles who also walk and attack in the stage).

2. Sakurai's bias.
All the Kirby content in Smash is about Kirby Super Star (Sakurai's game), maybe he just tries to evade the new games.

(Do you want to deescuss those reasons, guys? XD)

If the FSmash runs at less than 60 it could work, and when has Sakurai been biased? *Metroid* Oh yeah

Wintropy

NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301

1. 3DS limitations.
I think this is quite likely.

2. Sakurai's bias.

I honestly think it's just because he's more familiar with his own games, and I think that if he notices how interesting and popular BeeDee is, he'll consider him all the same.

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master

1. 3DS limitations.

2. Sakurai's bias.

But kirby got the Ultra sword over cook kirby which first appeared in Super Star

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
And Pac-man and Wii fit trainer and Villager and Bowser jr
Well, at least they have uniqueness in their attacks, like:

Pac-Man: Transforms in his old iconic form.
WFT: Attacks with yoga.
Villager: Collects projectiles.
Bowser Jr.: Fights in a machine.

Greninja is just ... a ninja, it's like a combination of Sheik and Lucario with nothing special, compared to the other newcomers.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior

Greninja is just ... a ninja, it's like a combination of Sheik and Lucario with nothing special, compared to the other newcomers.
*move that lets you sneak*
*wall cling*
*water spurts that are amazing edgeguards*
nope, not unique

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master

Changing into a slightly different form for a few attacks isn't that unique and fighting in a mech isn't that unique either, it's only visually unique. Also I forgot about pocket

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
Pac-Man has 8 different projectiles in one move, a deployable windbox and a shield-ignoring trampoline that automatically makes people jump.

Villager has projectiles as normals, Pocket, RNG aerials, and a wall.

B. Jr has a walking projectile, a special aerial after recovery and attacks from a Mech.

WFT can buff herself.

Crumb Bone

Smash Rookie
1. 3DS limitations.

2. Sakurai's bias.
Hmm... those are good points, I had not thought of those before.

1. Even with the 3DS's limitations, Olimar still has 3 Pikmin, and Rosalina has Luma, so they could just make it so that you can only toss out one Waddle Dee at a time, and reduce its frame rate to about 15fps (like with the Pikmin). And if that still fails, they could at least just made it function like the Gordo throw but with a curled up Waddle Dee (considering how iconic Waddle Dees are to the Kirby series and King Dedede himself, it seems like they would at least do that). Waddle Dee Army seems less possible, but they still could try reducing the frame rate or giving the Waddle Dee's the same "AI" as green shells.

2. As has already been pointed out, the Cook Kirby final smash (based on the cook ability from Kirby Super Star) has been replaced by Ultra Sword (from Kirby's Return to Dream Land). Also, King Dedede's general aesthetic has changed to something reminicent of his apearence in Kirby: Right Back at Ya!, which is sort-of also getting out of Super Star territory.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
I think he means stuff like Robin needing to think, RoastaLuma's well...Luma and that
....what? What are you saying here?
Rosalina is a classic fighting trope, a puppeteer, and I cannot at all understand the Robin needing the think comment.
Hmm... those are good points, I had not thought of those before.

1. Even with the 3DS's limitations, Olimar still has 3 Pikmin, and Rosalina has Luma, so they could just make it so that you can only toss out one Waddle Dee at a time, and reduce its frame rate to about 15fps (like with the Pikmin). And if that still fails, they could at least just made it function like the Gordo throw but with a curled up Waddle Dee (considering how iconic Waddle Dees are to the Kirby series and King Dedede himself, it seems like they would at least do that). Waddle Dee Army seems less possible, but they still could try reducing the frame rate or giving the Waddle Dee's the same "AI" as green shells.
But all of those things just make it.. worse. Might as well just change it fully.
The fact that PK Starstorm, Infantry AT, and RAY MK are all gone, makes the 3DS limitation the likely culprit to the change. It's just a matter of if it is the only reason.

2. As has already been pointed out, the Cook Kirby final smash (based on the cook ability from Kirby Super Star) has been replaced by Ultra Sword (from Kirby's Return to Dream Land). Also, King Dedede's general aesthetic has changed to something reminicent of his apearence in Kirby: Right Back at Ya!, which is sort-of also getting out of Super Star territory.
I think he looks like the TV show simply because ALL of the characters are geared toward being more animated/expressive.

I like the concept that BeeDee can summon help from other Kirby enemies. As in, they just appear for a move and then disappear again.
I don't think of Bandana Dee when I think of 'summoners.' In fact, I think that would be a misappropriation of such a type of character, when we have clear characters who could take advantage of it, such as a revamped Pokemon Trainer, or a sorcerer.

Wintropy

NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
I don't think of Bandana Dee when I think of 'summoners.' In fact, I think that would be a misappropriation of such a type of character, when we have clear characters who could take advantage of it, such as a revamped Pokemon Trainer, or a sorcerer.
Actually I meant summoning in the same way that Pac-Man summons ghosts or Geedubz summons turtles.

Makes perfect sense to me.

D

Deleted member

I don't mean to cause any overhyping with this, but has anyone noticed that not only is the bandana-wearing Waddle Dee strangely absent from even the Wii U trophies despite other elements of RTDL being present as trophies (Magolor, Galacta Knight, Lor Starcutter), but there is no trophy for Waddle Dees in general? Only the Parasol Waddle Dee on the 3DS. And yet regular Waddle Dees are Smash Run enemies too.

I personally find it very suspicious, but it could end up just being nothing at all.

Crumb Bone

Smash Rookie
I don't mean to cause any overhyping with this, but has anyone noticed that not only is the bandana-wearing Waddle Dee strangely absent from even the Wii U trophies despite other elements of RTDL being present as trophies (Magolor, Galacta Knight, Lor Starcutter), but there is no trophy for Waddle Dees in general? Only the Parasol Waddle Dee on the 3DS. And yet regular Waddle Dees are Smash Run enemies too.

I personally find it very suspicious, but it could end up just being nothing at all.
It is extremely suspicious, especially considering how Waddle Dees are the only Smash Run enemy not to have a trophy. Combined with how Waddle Dees were removed from King Dedede's moveset, and how Bandana Dee himself, now being almost as important to the series as King Dedede or Meta Knight, is also absent, something is definitely up, and I see Bandana Dee DLC as the only reasonable explanation for it.

Sun & Moon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RedNes30
3DS FC
3411-1835-2138

To be fair, Mewtwo, who has trophies in both versions, ended up being the first confirmed DLC character.
Also, the Ice Climbers, who were functioning perfectly on the WiiU version by the time they were cut, appear in both versions as trophies, using their Brawl model. So, at this point, I don't believe that trophies mean anything, so i guess all we can do is wait and see.

Top Bottom