• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Spear Master! (v(- ' ' -)>↑ ~ Dee wait is killing us...

Do you want Bandana Dee in SSB4?

• Total voters
D

Deleted member

It's great, there's so much fluidity too, by the way, did you hear that Sakurai mentioned Waddle Dee being a potential character in Smash during an interview? It's from a while ago, but I thought it may be notable! :)
SAUCE!?
If you are talking about the Wolf thing, he was talking about a normal Waddle Dee and he mentioned that as an example of a bad character request.
upload_2015-8-21_21-17-50.png
can he not see we are talking about bandana dee?
^U^ No problem! I had a lot of fun making it! o_o even if I was under the stare of my MK plushie! xD Glad you liked it!
you should be honored to be in his eyesight.

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
Real talk, between DaVinci and Michelangelo here, I'm starting to wish I could draw stuff. Or at least help more.
.u. Oh...thanks for the compliment, I guess? xD I wish I was truly at the level of Maestro Leonardo Da Vinci, =u= but I'm way far off from that! xD at least I'm having fun drawing what I can do for now!

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Real talk, between DaVinci and Michelangelo here, I'm starting to wish I could draw stuff. Or at least help more.
Oh, you were talking about me and Andrea? Sorry I didn't click the link, I was being dumb... Well, like Andrea has said above me, I still have a lot to go, and there are many others that are better then I am...but when it comes down to it, just keep trying, that's all you gotta do for yourself, practice, as it took me years to get this far and I still have ways to go.

Last edited:

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
Any one of New Art Academy, Pokemon Art Academy (which is literally "Art Academy: Cartoonists' Edition" with the Pokemon license added on), or Art Academy Atelier/Art Academy Home Studio might serve you well here (the first two are for the 3DS, the latter one is for the Wii U). The series is really very good if you want to get a good grounding with various techniques and materials without dealing with a huge up-front cost.

Last edited:

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Any one of New Art Academy, Pokemon Art Academy (which is literally "Art Academy: Cartoonists' Edition" with the Pokemon license added on), or Art Academy Atelier/Art Academy Home Studio might serve you well here (the first two are for the 3DS, the latter one is for the Wii U). The series is really very good if you want to get a good grounding with various techniques and materials without dealing with a huge up-front cost.
And well, there are plenty other programs to use to draw with, Photoshop, Paint Tool SAI, etc. Just use whatever works best for you and just try to draw as much as you can and keep on improving along the way. :)

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
And well, there are plenty other programs to use to draw with, Photoshop, Paint Tool SAI, etc. Just use whatever works best for you and just try to draw as much as you can and keep on improving along the way. :)
I suggest the Art Academy series (with the exception of Art Academy: SketchPad, which is quite literally what its subtitle suggests) for good reason, though: They include incredibly well-written lessons, tutorials, and briefings on art theory (all of which are written and ordered so as to be accessible to anyone, regardless of their level of experience), as well as focussing on building up real-world skills step-by-step.

The art materials (including the drawing surfaces, which cover various papers, canvasses, and so on) have proper physics simulations behind them so that they actually behave like real art materials, as well, which is a very nice feature, as it makes transferring what you've learned into the real world a great deal easier.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
I suggest the Art Academy series (with the exception of Art Academy: SketchPad, which is quite literally what its subtitle suggests) for good reason, though: They include incredibly well-written lessons, tutorials, and briefings on art theory (all of which are written and ordered so as to be accessible to anyone, regardless of their level of experience), as well as focussing on building up real-world skills step-by-step.

The art materials (including the drawing surfaces, which cover various papers, canvasses, and so on) have proper physics simulations behind them so that they actually behave like real art materials, as well, which is a very nice feature, as it makes transferring what you've learned into the real world a great deal easier.
That sounds really nice, although I sadly couldn't get such a tool mainly since I don't have any 3DS or WiiU consoles to use them...but thanks, I hope anyone that wants to learn to draw can use that and help them with drawing more oftenly.

EDIT: Found something on DA.

http://raysamurai.deviantart.com/art/fan-made-video-game-plush-8-bandana-dee-555389239

Last edited:

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
.u. Oh...thanks for the compliment, I guess? xD I wish I was truly at the level of Maestro Leonardo Da Vinci, =u= but I'm way far off from that! xD at least I'm having fun drawing what I can do for now!
Oh, you were talking about me and Andrea? Sorry I didn't click the link, I was being dumb... Well, like Andrea has said above me, I still have a lot to go, and there are many others that are better then I am...but when it comes down to it, just keep trying, that's all you gotta do for yourself, practice, as it took me years to get this far and I still have ways to go.
Put it this way, you're doing a good job. Suffice to say, you both are a welcome addition to the Brigade.

Shadow Keebey

Smash Hero
That definitely seems to be the more common of the Waddle Dee plushes. I have that one, this guy has one, and I'm fairly certain @ Tortilla Noggin Tortilla Noggin has one too. And it's funny because I don't know anyone else with any of the same plushes either.

While we are on the subject of drawing, here is a drawing of 0 from Dream Land 3:

Note: I had no colours available at the time. Unpictured, Kirby with Love-Love Stick (Off to the right), Gooey, drawn under 0 after the photo was taken.

Shadow Keebey

Smash Hero
So much artwork makes me want to draw too. >.>

I think it's a science notebook. :laugh:
Basically, yes. But many school jotters (notebooks, I guess) are lined. My French book is, my English book is, my Geography book is, basically anything not named Maths. I don't know how different this is outside the UK.

Logo12

Smash Lord
Somewhere without a Smash community. Send hlep
Oh and btw: http://prntscr.com/87kilp

I'm hired for Source Gaming? :rotfl:

So what can this possibly mean? That's pre-Royu data to be fair but there's nothing really going on for BDee and stuff...

As far as I know, Wolf is still recognized as a lock by most, while BDee mostly goes around "likely" along with K Rool, and that's before the costume.

Dunno, haven't checked the Japanese community recently.

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
Finally got internet at my new home, still sad that I couldn't get it any earlier and post here at all for like 20 pages. I'll try to make up for it with something, I guess. I probably would have just ended up making more propaganda for Dee anyway even if I didn't move :p.

Hey guys, for the next Kirby game, what console do you think it's gonna be on and who do you think the main characters will be (aside from Kirby)? I feel that Meta Knight will make his return in the next game. Not sure what role though. Anyway, this is just speculation as they haven't announced a new one yet. If it's on Wii U I may be slightly annoyed as I don't have one of them.
I'm willing to bet money that Dark Matter will get a big/main role soon, the guy's simply got too many instances of foreshadowing and little nods to the character, I think HAL has to be planning something with the character.

Happy that Waddle Dee and Magolor appear to be top picks in Japan, but I'm not really surprised, seriously go on Japanese Miiverse and look at all the Magolor pics and all the Bandana Dee pics and it becomes very obvious they have a lot of presence there. I think Galacta Knight's a bit more notable over there too, idk why though, but I'd guess it's because Kirby is recognized as being as big as it is over there a lot more than in the West, where it's size is constantly downplayed for seemingly no reason.

D

Deleted member

Guys I think this is going too make all super happy right now!

http://www.sourcegaming.info/2015/08/22/japantopdlcpart1/
everyone must be very tired.
Oh and btw: http://prntscr.com/87kilp

I'm hired for Source Gaming? :rotfl:

So what can this possibly mean? That's pre-Royu data to be fair but there's nothing really going on for BDee and stuff...

As far as I know, Wolf is still recognized as a lock by most, while BDee mostly goes around "likely" along with K Rool, and that's before the costume.

Dunno, haven't checked the Japanese community recently.
it looks like he might be joking.
Finally got internet at my new home, still sad that I couldn't get it any earlier and post here at all for like 20 pages. I'll try to make up for it with something, I guess. I probably would have just ended up making more propaganda for Dee anyway even if I didn't move :p.

I'm willing to bet money that Dark Matter will get a big/main role soon, the guy's simply got too many instances of foreshadowing and little nods to the character, I think HAL has to be planning something with the character.

Happy that Waddle Dee and Magolor appear to be top picks in Japan, but I'm not really surprised, seriously go on Japanese Miiverse and look at all the Magolor pics and all the Bandana Dee pics and it becomes very obvious they have a lot of presence there. I think Galacta Knight's a bit more notable over there too, idk why though, but I'd guess it's because Kirby is recognized as being as big as it is over there a lot more than in the West, where it's size is constantly downplayed for seemingly no reason.
it makes me happy to see bandana dee AND Magolor getting love over there.
You're the third person to post that link. Who's next to post it?
hei guis luk wut ey fund. http://www.sourcegaming.info/2015/08/22/japantopdlcpart1/

Shadow Keebey

Smash Hero
Hey guys, on a different topic, what is Pix from Kirby 64 supposed to be? Is it organic, mechanical, or something else? Just... what is it?

This is Pix:

So, it seems that King K. Rool, Bandana Dee, Paper Mario, Krystal and Inkling are (probably) the most requested first-party newcomers in Japan. Also lol Magnemite has more support than Squirtle and Ivysaur.

Top Bottom