• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Spear Master! (v(- ' ' -)>↑ ~ Dee wait is killing us...

Do you want Bandana Dee in SSB4?

• Total voters

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
Oh yeah, wrong game :drfacepalm:
Sorry, I never heard of Kirby Super Deluxe :dizzy:
Kirby Super Deluxe was just the name Hoshi no Kirby Super Deluxe/Kirby Super Star was originally set to be named in Europe, before it was renamed to Kirby's Fun Pak. The renaming came so late that the original title was too burned into my brain for me to ever stop using it. That was almost twenty years ago - there's no chance of it changing now. :laugh:

But again, those are just Waddle Dees
But Waddle Dees aren't pink. ;) If they'd wanted to change it in the SNES game, they had the capability to, but didn't. That said, that particular change in the remake does make a compelling case for Waddle Dees being intended to be the primary species in Dream Land, now.

The reason of why they look like Kirby is Early Installment Weirdness
That's why they changed it in the remake :p
You can't really ignore "Word of God" on one hand, and then invoke "Early Installment Weirdness" on the other (especially given that when colour was available in a remake that later got remade, they didn't use Waddle Dee colouration) so I think we're just going to have agree to disagree here, Chalo, if that's alright. :)

*only got the Dededetour pun now* Oooooooh.... *facedesk*
Haha. :laugh: What a Dededisaster, Spinda!

Last edited:

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
Don't worry - I didn't get the "Dededetour" one until I saw someone here mention it before I joined, and I actually use Dedede puns in my regular speech...
Nintendo has shown time and time that they're not above puns. Remember "weapons of mass Dededestruction?"

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
Nintendo has shown time and time that they're not above puns. Remember "weapons of mass Dededestruction?"
Yes. And the anime is a vast source of these. :laugh:

EDIT: I almost forgot to mention an update on the Miiverse front. The situation seems to be little better with drawings in the character-support sections right now, unfortunately. I did get a few more likes and comments to my most recent one in the general section, but things definitely aren't as good as they were before the default view was changed. I'll experiment with how Play Journal and Discussion entries go over the next couple of days.

Last edited:

Spinda654

Smash Apprentice
I make some people cringe with Dedede puns. If I showed them the anime, they'd probably die. Especially the pie episode. I was somehow able to stomach it...
(Only those who saw the episode will get that.)
I saw it. It was by far the most bad-pun filled content I have ever seen in my life. I cringed so much. xD

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
The joke is that the main monster of the episode is a giant stomach.
(That is D3's limo sticking out the top)

You know, I always preferred Dedede's chosen transportation in the games (as well as the fact that in those he actually can drive), a Wheelie, as it's so totally unbecoming of a king. :laugh:

Shadow Keebey

Smash Hero
You know, I always preferred Dedede's chosen transportation in the games (as well as the fact that in those he actually can drive), a Wheelie, as it's so totally unbecoming of a king. :laugh:
Dedede is such a little b**** in the anime, never fighting anything 1-on-1. At least game D3 was willing to get his hands dirty. Remember when D3 lost the sword fight against that princess in the anime in about 3 seconds?

Chalo5000

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0104-1645-4836
Kirby Super Deluxe was just the name Hoshi no Kirby Super Deluxe/Kirby Super Star was originally set to be named in Europe, before it was renamed to Kirby's Fun Pak. The renaming came so late that the original title was too burned into my brain for me to ever stop using it. That was almost twenty years ago - there's no chance of it changing now. :laugh:

But Waddle Dees aren't pink. ;) If they'd wanted to change it in the SNES game, they had the capability to, but didn't. That said, that particular change in the remake does make a compelling case for Waddle Dees being intended to be the primary species in Dream Land, now.

You can't really ignore "Word of God" on one hand, and then invoke "Early Installment Weirdness" on the other (especially given that when colour was available in a remake that later got remade, they didn't use Waddle Dee colouration) so I think we're just going to have agree to disagree here, Chalo, if that's alright. :)

Haha. :laugh: What a Dededisaster, Spinda!
But you can clearly see that they are not pink!!! :drflip:
Meh, I'm daltonic, I agree with you let's agree to disagree :drshrug:

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
Dedede is such a little b**** in the anime, never fighting anything 1-on-1. At least game D3 was willing to get his hands dirty. Remember when D3 lost the sword fight against that princess in the anime in about 3 seconds?
I always wondered how someone could be so scary with a big ass mallet like that.

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
But you can clearly see that they are not pink!!! :drflip:
But that's shading... :laugh:

Anyway...

Meh, I'm daltonic, I agree with you let's agree to disagree :drshrug:
Good with me. :) It was fun, by the way - I do genuinely enjoy discussing trivia! :grin:

I don't remember, I must admit, but there is a reason for that: The show never got a stable, in-order airing in its day in the UK (it was shown enough for me to take a disliking to it, though), and the subsequent showings on the Wii's Kirby TV channel only got to 50 episodes before the channel was brought to an end. It's only now that it's on the 3DS' Nintendo Anime Channel that I've found myself willing to grin and bear it through all of the things that I dislike about it and have fun with what's half-decent about it, and I'm just not that far in yet. :laugh:

Shadow Keebey

Smash Hero
We should totally have a question of the day. I have a question. What is everyone favourite copy ability?
No supers (Ultra Sword etc.)
No finals (Love-Love Stick etc.)
No Mix (Fridge, Swiss Army etc.)
I will allow abilities + Animal Friends, but not the ability Animal Friends.

Edit: Mine's probably Smash, or Coo Parasol in Dream Land 2. Smash for being rare but powerful but Parasol Coo for being so damn OP

Last edited:
We should totally have a question of the day. I have a question. What is everyone favourite copy ability?
Three-way tie between Bomb, Stone and Beetle.

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA

Edit: Mine's probably Smash, or Coo Parasol in Dream Land 2. Smash for being rare but powerful but Parasol Coo for being so damn OP
Three way tie between Wheel, Needle, and Spear.

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
For me, it's a tie between Hammer and Parasol. They're both so much fun to use.

swordofacorn

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Swordofacorn
3DS FC
0216-0878-5036

Easley water, WHY CAN'T YOU PUT WATER IN TRIPLE DELUXE, NINTENDO!!!!!

Wheel, whip, sword, beetle and more are pretty cool as well

Last edited:

Spinda654

Smash Apprentice
Mine is Parasol. No other ability comes even close to how much I like Parasol.

EDIT: Sorry for not putting a replay box here, I frogot. And as I'm too lazy to do it manualy, just nevermind my noobyness and keep scrolling. Thanks for understanding.

Last edited:

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Wheel
Wing
Jet
Crash
Cook
Paint
Mike
Ghost
Hammer

Ah, heck, I love ALL of his Copy Abilites! Hey, Kirby isn't my #1 favorite Nintendo character just cause he's adorable, you know!:) (Though, I'll admit, that's big part of my reason.:p)

swordofacorn

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Swordofacorn
3DS FC
0216-0878-5036
I think we can all agree that sleep is the best Kirby ability of all time.

D

Deleted member

When I play a Kirby game, I would mostly go for sword, yo-yo, spear, bomb, and I believe a couple of others.
I liked water a lot and I'm sad that it didn't get in KTD. :( (along with yo-yo being MIA)

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492

Hard to choose. Either Water because being a Waterbender is fun as hell, Ninja for self-explanatory reasons, or Fighter for being so goddamn broken and the absolute wrecker of bosses' ****.
But then there's also Spark and Plasma for being equally as broken, and just about as fun.

Last edited:

Troykv

Smash Master

Ninja, ninja is so awesome *w*

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
As much as I doubt the validity and recency of this poll, (Bandana Dee is far more popular than Shovel Knight as of right now, not the other way around) I think it would be wise if a lot of us were to vote there. http://smashboards.com/threads/fighter-ballot-poll-up-to-date.413043/

My favorite ability is probably Circus, it's just so unique and innovative.

Last edited:

Chalo5000

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0104-1645-4836
But that's shading... :laugh:
Even with shading, those are just Waddle Dees (that's still not pink :laugh:)
As you can clearly see

Waddle Dees were rounder in Kirby Super Star :p
That's why they look like shaded Kirbies :drohyou:
That was changed in the remake, so it's easier to notice it
Just wanted to point that out, so we can end this conversation :dr^_^:

My favorite ability is ice

I love freezing my enemies, It's just so COOL

Last edited:

Darktheumbreon

Smash Ace
NNID
darkkirby7
3DS FC
2921-9577-5424
Question for you guys. If there was a character that you got your first smash game for, who was it, and why? For me, it was actually Greninja. Back when X & Y came out, Froakie was my starter because I thought Greninja looked awesome. The reason he isn't my main (or even secondary) is because I was unable to use him as well as I was able to use Lucario so I relegated him to secondary. Then I remembered I had always wanted to like Kirby and Lucario became a secondary and as I tested more Kirby characters, Greninja moved into tertiary territory.
My first smash was actually Brawl, which I got for kirby (my first character I ever played.) He's okay in sm4sh.

BlueZard

Smash Journeyman
NNID
tangerine1234
Hey, guys! Remember my Bandana Dee Miiverse drawing from nearly a week ago?

Well... It has a little over 100 Yeahs now! :D

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
As much as I doubt the validity and recency of this poll, (Bandana Dee is far more popular than Shovel Knight as of right now, not the other way around) I think it would be wise if a lot of us were to vote there. http://smashboards.com/threads/fighter-ballot-poll-up-to-date.413043/

My favorite ability is probably Circus, it's just so unique and innovative.
Poll number 70000? Possibly with bots?!
I will vote XD
Hey, guys! Remember my Bandana Dee Miiverse drawing from nearly a week ago?

Well... It has a little over 100 Yeahs now! :D
That's awesome.

Darktheumbreon

Smash Ace
NNID
darkkirby7
3DS FC
2921-9577-5424

Depends on the game.
Older kirby games (Ex: KSS) Hammer
Newer kirby games (Ex:KRtD) Ninja

Top Bottom