• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Spear Master! (v(- ' ' -)>↑ ~ Dee wait is killing us...

Do you want Bandana Dee in SSB4?

• Total voters

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
Please stop lowering the spirits
I'm not, in any way.

As I already pointed out, Meta Knight was revealed via a Mii costume first, and then after people were worrying for a few days that he wouldn't return, Meta Knight himself was unveiled.

That's some hope that should be held onto for K. Rool, and any other characters who might be affected by similar circumstances. ;)

random rendum

Smash Journeyman
Our fellow K.Rool is a Mii costume, and they will reveal more tomorrow, I hope Bandana Dee is not one.
I'm not saying a Mii costume disconfirms a character 100%, but yeah.
Hopefully, a Direct will happen soon and it will explain everything.
lol it doesn't, not even close :facepalm:, he is still a formidable foe
also about the argument I was just saying to focus more on smash imo:p the argument was worthless, I think ghostly lure got upset when I didn't like waddle ball, imo, just needed to say that.
K. Rool and Bandana Dee are the only DLC characters I care about that have a realistic shot at getting in, unless you honestly think that Pichu and Sceptile/Grovyle stand a chance in a popularity contest. Its a shame that Sakurai shot down K. Rool, but at least we have less competition…
he didn't shoot down k. rool or the inklings, that is a FACT, I dont care if you agreed with me in the argument but that is a FACT, ok? meta knight would be deconfirmed, well I dont think isaac will be in, no not the 2 isaacs bs "argument" but... he's always naked..., he also doesn't have major support...
If Bandana Dee is shoved as a Mii Fighter tommorow, please don't overreact.

more on topic stuff pls thx bby;)))
WHY DO PEOPLE THINK MII COSTUMES ARE DECONFIRMATION!? yes pessimists will overreact, k. rool would be a good money maker, I dont even care for inklings or k. rool, but this argument is worse than 2 characters of the same name, no one will mistake mii k. rool for k. rool, what about isabelle? she's an assist trophy, pathetic argument, sorry if im rude and I don't wanna start another argument, but really?

Why are you guys saying King K Rool's Mii costume deconfirms his playability? It could still happen, and some of you who are saying "No K Rool he has a costume" have said "Inklings can be playable even though they have a Mii costume." What makes them different from him in terms of playability? I still think Rool will appear because of his popularity.

Besides, maybe they made the K Rool and inkling costumes because of popularity and as teasers before they make them playable.

Bandana Dee is too short for a humanoid Mii to be built upon him. I do like the Chrom one though.

I don't think he's deconfirmed because of a Mii. Miis are optional anyway, so they could easily put him in still?

Besides, I'm going to use the argument: Link got a Mii costume and he's in the game.
so that completely deconfirms the "argument" as link would be mistaken, so yeah the argument is trash now... :smash:

This was posted a little while back, and I still absolutely love it. It's got a real "Dedede was probably adopted by Waddle Dees"* vibe that's totally adorable. :grin:

*He is, after all, the only main character in the series where other members of his species are never shown...

Do we have any idea how the update is affecting promotional drawings due to the new default viewing settings for artwork being focussed on popular pieces? I haven't had the time to post one yet, today, so I have no first-hand experience of it right now.

I really, really hope so.

The same applies to Meta Knight, but a Mii costume in the game, too, for what it's worth. That was revealed as a gag before Meta Knight himself was, almost a year ago. I'm hoping that they're pulling a similar joke with K. Rool, honestly.
I think dedede is a pengi, those ice enemies, in the anime he seems worried when they come, so maybe he was bullied?

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
I think dedede is a pengi, those ice enemies, in the anime he seems worried when they come, so maybe he was bullied?
It's unlikely - Pengies have a very different body structure, hail from cold climates, and are half Dedede's size. Dedede has a more separated head and doesn't have the pelican-like throat-sac, isn't built for the cold (see the robe, belly-warmer, and the frequently-worn additional layer of clothing beneath the belly-warmer, for example), and as noted is twice the height and probably four to six times the mass of a Pengi.

I'm not even entirely sure he's from Popstar, at this point. :laugh:

Last edited:

Shiny Porygon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShinyPory
WOW.. We seriously need a Nintendo Direct soon. From Splatoon to Smash, to the Kirby games being released on the eShop and so much more.. I expect them to announce one today, or at least this week.

Oh, and there's also this which hasn't been confirmed publicly yet but: (Spoilered in case you haven't seen it yet)

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
WOW.. We seriously need a Nintendo Direct soon. From Splatoon to Smash, to the Kirby games being released on the eShop and so much more.. I expect them to announce one today, or at least this week.

Oh, and there's also this which hasn't been confirmed publicly yet but: (Spoilered in case you haven't seen it yet)

image.jpg

Oh, dear Lord Jigglypuff, please be real.

I said before that the Inklings Mii costume greatly hurts the Inklings chances, but doesn't outright deconfirm them. Again comparing a veteran getting a Mii costume versus a character whose first Smash representation is a costume for another playable character doesn't make much sense. Not to mention a Chrom Mii costume was revealed alongside the K. Rool one.
But we have to wait and see.
Sooo... Chrom and King K Rool may be the next DLC characters.
Hmm... the Donkey Kong and Metroid fans are going to be pissed, I can see it now.

Last edited:

BlueZard

Smash Journeyman
NNID
tangerine1234
Everyone...resubmit your votes for Bandana Dee please...I just feel so uncomfortable after what happened today.
Huh...? How come? What did I miss?

Sorry, I'm just a little confused. I haven't really checked on this topic in a while...

Bandana Dee is really lucky... it's almost impossible to make a proper Mii costume based on him due to his design.

(...I'm still in shock about K. Rool. He is the only character I want more than Dee. I know he isn't deconfirmed but still... :()

CycIone

Smash Apprentice
I think the fact that three Kirby titles are coming to the Wii U eShop on Friday is very telling.

At least, I think it was Friday.

NEway, it's Kirby's birthday! Get him a cake that he will eat in about one second flat. And give him his buddy in Smash. :)

Last edited:

GhostlyLure

Smash Lord
NNID
GhostlyLureioi
I think the fact that three Kirby titles are coming to the Wii U eShop on Friday is very telling.

At least, I think it was Friday.

NEway, it's Kirby's birthday! Get him a cake that he will eat in about one second flat. And give him his buddy in Smash. :)
The games come out tomorrow

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
Squeak Squad, Crystal Shards, and Return. My 3 favorite Kirby games, all coming to E-Shop at once. I think I'm going to cry...

Hypernovaguy64

Smash Lord
NNID
Warpstar64
Wow. Never thought I'd see this, but K. Rool fans are losing it. Some remained civil, though I'm sure he's going to be released. That costume doesn't deconfirm him. It actually CONFIRMS him. To think that Sakurai took notice of that means he knows that DK is needing another rep. This means Bandana Dee's chances are growing more than ever.

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
Wow. Never thought I'd see this, but K. Rool fans are losing it. Some remained civil, though I'm sure he's going to be released. That costume doesn't deconfirm him. It actually CONFIRMS him. To think that Sakurai took notice of that means he knows that DK is needing another rep. This means Bandana Dee's chances are growing more than ever.
Most of us remained civil. One person was acting up. And all this costume does is acknowledge the fact K Rool exists.

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
Most of us remained civil. One person was acting up. And all this costume does is acknowledge the fact K Rool exists.
And just like that, Sakurai has once again treated a character with more love in one game than his company has in one decade.

D-Man9293

Smash Ace
The same applies to Meta Knight, but a Mii costume in the game, too, for what it's worth. That was revealed as a gag before Meta Knight himself was, almost a year ago. I'm hoping that they're pulling a similar joke with K. Rool, honestly.
Meta Knight only has a mask, not a full costume, do the research.

I don't think Nintendo has been working on any DLC characters yet since the ballot isn't over yet. Who knows, maybe the K Rool costume is just a teaser for a character they're planning on making in the game, like dark Pit in Palutena's trailer.

Last edited:

Hypernovaguy64

Smash Lord
NNID
Warpstar64
I'm all for K. Rool. I can live with it. I even made a little trailer description:

You see Final Destination, and on it, fighters are at it again! Mario is fighting Bowser, Kirby is fighting Dedede, and Donkey Kong... Has no one to brawl with. I can just see him issue his down taunt as if to say: "I don't know who to fight!" Then King K. Rool enters and so forth. XD

GhostlyLure

Smash Lord
NNID
GhostlyLureioi
I'm all for K. Rool. I can live with it. I even made a little trailer description:

You see Final Destination, and on it, fighters are at it again! Mario is fighting Bowser, Kirby is fighting Dedede, and Donkey Kong... Has no one to brawl with. I can just see him issue his down taunt as if to say: "I don't know who to fight!" Then King K. Rool enters and so forth. XD
This is the Bandana Dee thread.

D-Man9293

Smash Ace
This is the Bandana Dee thread.
Yet 99% of your posts are off topic.

…Return to Dreamland on Virtual Console…?

We're also getting new Smash content on the 31st, so in a perfect world, Bandana Dee would be confirmed.
I've said this a million times, the ballot isn't over yet, so don't go expecting a new character, especially since a trailer would be likely and no ND has been confirmed.

Last edited:

swordofacorn

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Swordofacorn
3DS FC
0216-0878-5036
If we get any mii fighter bandana dee thing, it will probably be this

GhostlyLure

Smash Lord
NNID
GhostlyLureioi
Yet 99% of your posts are off topic.

I've said this a million times, the ballot isn't over yet, so don't go expecting a new character, especially since a trailer would be likely and no ND has been confirmed.
Ignorance.

Also Bandana Dee confirmed is a joke if you can comprehend that.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Thats why I said "in a perfect world".

Top Bottom