• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Spear Master! (v(- ' ' -)>↑ ~ Dee wait is killing us...

Do you want Bandana Dee in SSB4?

• Total voters

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
Guys Sailor Dee isn't an iconic character like Duck Hunt, R.O.B. or Wii Fit Trainer
Wii Fit Trainer is iconic? And also, neither is Bandanna Dee, yet we support him.
Also, R.O.B. fights in practically all of his videogame appearences
R.O.B. has appeared in 6 games to my knowledge, and he only fights in two.
Dr. Mario is just Mario in other clothes :p
Actually, I believe it's been confirmed that Dr. Mario is Mario in an alternate reality.
You can't compare Sailor Dee to those characters
Neither can you for Bandanna Dee.
So far, there's no legitimate reasoning for why Sailor Waddle Dee can't be an alt. I mean, they're similar characters, of similar backgrounds, of the same race. And they're both well-liked by fans. I'm failing to see your argument.

Last edited:

Shadow Keebey

Smash Hero
Guys Sailor Dee isn't an iconic character like Duck Hunt, R.O.B. or Wii Fit Trainer
Also, R.O.B. fights in practically all of his videogame appearences
Dr. Mario is just Mario in other clothes :p
You can't compare Sailor Dee to those characters
This is how I want a Sailor Dee alt

Made by Thelimomon
You say Sailor Dee shouldn't be an alt because he doesn't fight and doesn't use a spear. Non-fighting Smash characters have already been mentioned. The only time Dedede ever uses a Gordo offensively outside SSB is in Kirby Fighters and Kirby Fighters Deluxe (even then, you aren't fighting against him when he uses them). So why is Gordo allowed part of his move set, yet you object to Sailor Dee using a spear?

Chalo5000

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0104-1645-4836
You say Sailor Dee shouldn't be an alt because he doesn't fight and doesn't use a spear. Non-fighting Smash characters have already been mentioned. The only time Dedede ever uses a Gordo offensively outside SSB is in Kirby Fighters and Kirby Fighters Deluxe (even then, you aren't fighting against him when he uses them). So why is Gordo allowed part of his move set, yet you object to Sailor Dee using a spear?
Dedede is the main antagonist of the Kirby series, he's a king so it makes sense that he uses his minions to fight
Sailor Dee has never used a spear, he doesn't even fight
Yeah, he could fight, but if we're going to make him a full alt like Alph, we should better support a normal Waddle that has a lot of different hats as alternate costumes
Wii Fit Trainer is iconic? And also, neither is Bandanna Dee, yet we support him.

R.O.B. has appeared in 6 games to my knowledge, and he only fights in two.

Actually, I believe it's been confirmed that Dr. Mario is Mario in an alternate reality.

Neither can you for Bandanna Dee.
So far, there's no legitimate reasoning for why Sailor Waddle Dee can't be an alt. I mean, they're similar characters, of similar backgrounds, of the same race. And they're both well-liked by fans. I'm failing to see your argument.
Wii Fit Trainer represents the succes of the Wii
I don't really follow R.O.B.'s story in gaming, sorry :urg:
Dr. Mario is just Mario as a Doctor, how is he from an alternate reality? :chuckle:
I'm not comparing BD to to those characters :ohwell:
Just because they look the same, they can't appear in Smash in the same slot
They don't have enough similarities like Olimar and Alph or Male and Female Wii Fit Trainers
Because again, Sailor Dee has never used a spear
Sailor Dee is a pilot, not a fighter ._.

Last edited:

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
Dedede is the main antagonist of the Kirby series, he's a king so it makes sense that he uses his minions to fight
Sailor Dee has never used a spear, he doesn't even fight
Yeah, he could fight, but if we're going to make him a full alt like Alph, we should better support a normal Waddle that has a lot of different hats as alternate costumes

Dr. Mario is just Mario as a Doctor, how is he from an alternate reality? :chuckle:
They don't have enough similarities like Olimar and Alph or Male and Female Wii Fit Trainers
Miis represent the success of the Wii...

Why should it matter if Bandana Dee gets to wear a Sailor hat? Smash has never been canon nor will be.

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
If you asked me who Wii Fit Trainer was before Smash, I'd stare at you blankly. She wasn't even the reason the Wii was so successful.
Doctor Mario takes place in an alternate reality where Mario decided to get his M.D because of their not being a Bowser to **** **** up.
As for Sailor Waddle Dee not using a spear, Meta Knight has never made an entire area pitch black using his cape, Dedede has never turned his hammer into a rocket, and Kirby had never pulled a Hammer out of midair. "___ has never done ___" is not a good argument.

CycIone

Smash Apprentice
Ahem do me a favor and try not to tell me who I am, as the type of person I am I don't take to stuff like this very kindly.
Take kindly to what? People have advised to stop fighting. And in a post below the one I'm quoting, you continue to pick a fight. If you don't want my advice, you don't have to take it, but don't pick a fight with me over it.

Chalo5000

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0104-1645-4836
Miis represent the success of the Wii...

Why should it matter if Bandana Dee gets to wear a Sailor hat? Smash has never been canon nor will be.
Wii fit trainer represents the succes of her game, I can't be wrong with that, can I?
Because providing accurate portrayals of characters is something that I would want
And don't start with the "Ganondorf is a clone" or "Wario doesn't has his boulder bash"
Just because some characters don't have accurate portrayals, it doesn't mean that others also shouldn't have one
If you asked me who Wii Fit Trainer was before Smash, I'd stare at you blankly. She wasn't even the reason the Wii was so successful.
Doctor Mario takes place in an alternate reality where Mario decided to get his M.D because of their not being a Bowser to **** **** up.
As for Sailor Waddle Dee not using a spear, Meta Knight has never made an entire area pitch black using his cape, Dedede has never turned his hammer into a rocket, and Kirby had never pulled a Hammer out of midair. "___ has never done ___" is not a good argument.
If that's your headcanon with Dr. Mario I can't argue with that :ohwell:
Well, those moves that are exclusive to Smash just make sense to characters like Meta Knight, Dedede and Kirby
Meta Knight has a magic cape, it makes sense that it would have another use
Dedede's hammer got an upgrade, it also makes sense for him
Also Kirby pulling out a Hammer from midair it also makes sense, since that's videogame logic
Again accurate portrayals of a character is something that I would like, and Sailor Dee fighting with a spear isn't right
Fighting with a spear isn't something that fits for Sailor Dee as a character :drshrug:
Wario just needs his boulder bash and Ganondorf has the Triforce of power, so he is strong as heck
EDIT: I'm pretty sure that if I asked you "Who is Wii Fit Trainer" before Smash you would have probably answered me something like "The trainer of Wii Fit?"

Last edited:

GhostlyLure

Smash Lord
NNID
GhostlyLureioi
Take kindly to what? People have advised to stop fighting. And in a post below the one I'm quoting, you continue to pick a fight. If you don't want my advice, you don't have to take it, but don't pick a fight with me over it.
Please do continue to bring it up after I dropped it :)

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
Wii fit trainer represents the succes of her game, I can't be wrong with that, can I?
Because providing accurate portrayals of characters is something that I would want
And don't start with the "Ganondorf is a clone" or "Wario doesn't has his boulder bash"
Just because some characters don't have accurate portrayals, it doesn't mean that others also shouldn't have one
Ganondorf and Wario both deserve more accurate portrayals than Bandana Dee who's only problem is that he wears a sailor hat as a costume. Bro, it aint that serious.

Chalo5000

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0104-1645-4836
Ganondorf and Wario both deserve more accurate portrayals than Bandana Dee who's only problem is that he wears a sailor hat as a costume. Bro, it aint that serious.
Still, fighting with a spear doesn't fit Sailor Dee as a character :drshrug:
Everything Wario needs is his boulder bash

Shadow Keebey

Smash Hero
Well, he is BANDANA Dee for a reason :drshrug:
Sometimes, a fancy hat can change everything
They could change his name for that alt, just like Alph and the Koopalings.

Edit: This was written before the Sailor hat over the Bandana was posted.

Also, what are the odds that we could be having this conversation about Bandana Dee if Sailor Dee was in Bandana Dee's place (If Sailor Dee was the character in Return to Dream Land, Triple Deluxe, and Rainbow Curse)?

Last edited:

Chalo5000

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0104-1645-4836
Sailor Dee is not his official name.
Well, Bandana Dee was also a fan name

They could change his name for that alt, just like Alph and the Koopalings.

Edit: This was written before the Sailor hat over the Bandana was posted.

Also, what are the odds that we could be having this conversation about Bandana Dee if Sailor Dee was in Bandana Dee's place (If Sailor Dee was the character in Return to Dream Land, Triple Deluxe, and Rainbow Curse)?
Again, fighting with a spear doesn't fit Sailor Dee's character
The less they could do is make him a palette swap with a blue and white bandana

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
If that's your headcanon with Dr. Mario I can't argue with that :ohwell:
It's not a headcanon. It's real, believe it or not.
Well, those moves that are exclusive to Smash just make sense to characters like Meta Knight, Dedede and Kirby
Meta Knight has a magic cape, it makes sense that it would have another use
Dedede's hammer got an upgrade, it also makes sense for him
Also Kirby pulling out a Hammer from midair it also makes sense, since that's videogame logic
Excuses.
Again accurate portrayals of a character is something that I would like
Ding ding ding! Keywords. "That you would like." What you would like and what's more likely to happen are obviously two very different things, given the fact that so far all you've told me is "it wouldn't feel right."
Fighting with a spear isn't something that fits for Sailor Dee as a character :drshrug:
Being in character is Smash Bros. last concern. Which is why Mario is overly serious, Bowser is Godzilla, Lucina and Robin are overly cocky, Jigglypuff is overly goofy, Lucario is obsessed with Aura and Ike is monotone. Also, Ganondorf is a clone of Falcon. Because that happened in Zelda, right? Ganondorf obtained the Triforce of Meme-tastic F-Zero Racers?
EDIT: I'm pretty sure that if I asked you "Who is Wii Fit Trainer" before Smash you would have probably answered me something like "The trainer of Wii Fit?"
Although I am that much of a smartass, I still wouldn't have the first clue of who she is.

Last edited:

Chalo5000

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0104-1645-4836
It's not a headcanon. It's real, believe it or not.

Excuses.

Ding ding ding! Keywords. "That you would like." What you would like and what's more likely to happen are obviously two very different things, given the fact that so far all you've told me is "it wouldn't feel right."

Being in character is Smash Bros. last concern. Which is why Mario is overly serious, Bowser is Godzilla, Lucina and Robin are overly cocky, Jigglypuff is overly goofy, Lucario is obsessed with Aura and Ike is monotone. Also, Ganondorf is a clone of Falcon. Because that happened in Zelda, right? Ganondorf obtained the Triforce of Meme-tastic F-Zero Racers?

Although I am that much of a smartass, I still wouldn't have the first clue of who she is.
1. Link or didn't happened
2. Also known as reasons
3. Actually, what's more likely to happen is that we get no reference to Sailor Dee, sadly
4. Mario has a lot of faces, that happens because he appears in a LOT of games :ohwell:
Bowser being evil, what do you expected?
The pokemon are subjective, since they are Pokemon and each one of them has a different personality
I have never played Fire Emblem so sorry about that :dizzy:
I have never played a Zelda game but I know that Ganondorf has the Triforce of Power, it kinda makes sense that he is SO strong
Obvioulsy there's no magic or weapons on his moveset, but you can blame Sakurai for that
5. Yeah, you sound kinda like a Smartass :awesome: (is that an insult?, if it is sorry about that :urg:)
Her name says it "WII FIT trainer"

Last edited:

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
Can someone give me a good reason to why he shouldn't be able to have Sailor Dee as an Alt?
Because Bandana Dee's name in Smash would be Waddle Dee and a Sailor Dee costume would transform Bandana Dee's character in just a generic Waddle Dee with different hats. One of the most important reasons why Bandana Dee is considered is because he is actually not just a Waddle Dee, he is different.
That and the obvious lack of importance Sailor Dee has, it would be like adding a Boshi costume for Yoshi.

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
Because Bandana Dee's name in Smash would be Waddle Dee and a Sailor Dee costume would transform Bandana Dee's character in just a generic Waddle Dee with different hats. One of the most important reasons why Bandana Dee is considered is because he is actually not just a Waddle Dee, he is different.
That and the obvious lack of importance Sailor Dee has, it would be like adding a Boshi costume for Yoshi.
But Boshi da best and Yoshi should have a costume that looks like him.

Chalo5000

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0104-1645-4836
Gracias Chandelure, simplemente gracias :drsad:
Te has ganado una jarra de Drifloons :drohyou:

Úsala con sabiduría :dr-_-:
Don't worry, I'll probably play Tri Force heroes when it comes out :dr^_^:

Last edited:
Top Bottom