• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Spear Master! (v(- ' ' -)>↑ ~ Dee wait is killing us...

Do you want Bandana Dee in SSB4?

• Total voters

Hypernovaguy64

Smash Lord
NNID
Warpstar64
Lol. You all have your doubts about Bandana Dee. I was like that not too long ago, but things have changed. Believe it or not, the Dee is known outside of the Kirby fandom, and most peeps who want Isaac also want the Dee. You can say what you want, but here's what I have to say: When Bandana Dee gets in, (AND HE WILL) I'll cry tears of joy and main the little guy. Anyone who underestimates Kirby are the same people who can't tell well-known from down-there games. My bodee is readee guys. My bodee is readee.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
Brawl in the Family was pretty cool.

About the likely, unlikely, DLC slots, blah blah... I'm not worried for some reason.
I think DeeLC is going to happen, if we continue with the propaganda.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Please, someone help me! I can't get the credits song from Splatoon out of my head!

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
Please, someone help me! I can't get the credits song from Splatoon out of my head!
Let's see you if you can still keep it in your head after this.:smirk:
Better yet? Randomness is great at disrupting the flow of someone's mind, so I imagine this would do the trick. :p

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Let's see you if you can still keep it in your head after this.:smirk:
Better yet? Randomness is great at disrupting the flow of someone's mind, so I imagine this would do the trick. :p
I have absolutely nothing to say after seeing that.

Aguki90

Smash Ace
NNID
Aguki900
3DS FC
2423-2759-1478
"Now this is fan-service" Sakurai words.....

...I think he doing it because there some people that just can't shut up about the characters.
Like ever.

Im glad that Ryu, Roy and Lucas was made before the ballot.
But still want Wolf back. Not that much but still good to have him back.

but now.

THIS THE TIME FOR THE DEE.
Like seriously, "Fanservice" This is more like "Teach those Butthurt not being butthurt" to me.

Im serious and very honest we need to be more recognize in the Smash 4 community, Have respect of the characters and show them how unique our character can be better and how awesome can be lie the rest of the gang. He may be ignore now, after all, some characters are in for popular demand and even some characters have moves that fans idea make about Example: Duck Hunt N-Air the cartwheel is in Super Smash Crusade and is a fanmade smash game, in Smash 4 is do the cartwheel but the function is different. Same move by fans and to be a official thing. We need to show our Moveset, Potential, History, Uniqueness, Power, Awesome, Love and the best of all, RESPECT. So now we go fanservice. and show the world the Bandana Dee.

After all many people are starting to recognize him and calling stupid and dumb. but there others starting to respect him. After all even Lance Warrior in Fire Emblem don't stand a chance and the new Fire Emblem still can't feature a very relevant Spear User. Remeber the days that people don't like the idea having Shulk and Duck Hunt in the game. Me neither.

So now let EXPAND THE DEE and open business.

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
"Now this is fan-service" Sakurai words.....

...I think he doing it because there some people that just can't shut up about the characters.
Like ever.

Im glad that Ryu, Roy and Lucas was made before the ballot.
But still want Wolf back. Not that much but still good to have him back.

but now.

THIS THE TIME FOR THE DEE.
Like seriously, "Fanservice" This is more like "Teach those Butthurt not being butthurt" to me.

Im serious and very honest we need to be more recognize in the Smash 4 community, Have respect of the characters and show them how unique our character can be better and how awesome can be lie the rest of the gang. He may be ignore now, after all, some characters are in for popular demand and even some characters have moves that fans idea make about Example: Duck Hunt N-Air the cartwheel is in Super Smash Crusade and is a fanmade smash game, in Smash 4 is do the cartwheel but the function is different. Same move by fans and to be a official thing. We need to show our Moveset, Potential, History, Uniqueness, Power, Awesome, Love and the best of all, RESPECT. So now we go fanservice. and show the world the Bandana Dee.

After all many people are starting to recognize him and calling stupid and dumb. but there others starting to respect him. After all even Lance Warrior in Fire Emblem don't stand a chance and the new Fire Emblem still can't feature a very relevant Spear User. Remeber the days that people don't like the idea having Shulk and Duck Hunt in the game. Me neither.

So now let EXPAND THE DEE and open business.
Woah! You only expand the dong with Konkey Dong or King K. Rool.

random rendum

Smash Journeyman
the way you say it shantae is the only one who has a chance but i think Manray is likely not that i care for him but the trophies are something we need to think about.
What the heck are you talking about, I don't care for shantae, im saying that she isn't as popular as others because people are saying she's the only 3rd party (which I dont care for) so dont waste my time, and who is manray?

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
What the heck are you talking about, I don't care for shantae, im saying that she isn't as popular as others because people are saying she's the only 3rd party (which I dont care for) so dont waste my time, and who is manray?
Actually Shantae is pretty popular. Don't disregard other popular picks man. Be open. I personally don't care if Shantae got in but I still acknowledge that a lot of people want her.

random rendum

Smash Journeyman
Actually Shantae is pretty popular. Don't disregard other popular picks man. Be open. I personally don't care if Shantae got in but I still acknowledge that a lot of people want her.
I meant as recognizable, I never said shes unpopular!, I just said I dont care for her, and stop bringing up this in the bandana dee thread :mad:

Last edited:

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
I wonder who the 307 are and why they won't show themselves. I've yet to hear a competent argument against Bandanna Dee.

D

Deleted member

i meant rayman as in the guy ubisoft owns but i said manray as in from spongebob
didn't think it would anger people that much.
I meant as recognizable, I never said shes unpopular!, I just said I dont care for her, and stop bringing up this in the bandana dee thread :mad:
ubroughtituplol.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
I wonder who the 307 are and why they won't show themselves. I've yet to hear a competent argument against Bandanna Dee.
You can click the number of votes to know.
The arguments of the typical deetractor are not competent because they always are:
Generic enemy, Goomba with a hat
Not popular
Kirby is a small franchise
That's not Prince Fluff, Knuckle Joe, *insert another character with no importance or popularity in the ballot*
Waddle Dees are useless
Spears are lame, yeah, that's right, that's one of the things they say
Etc

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
Did you not read the post above. I am one of them.
I'm sorry, are you more than 1/307 of 307 people?
You can click the number of votes to know.
The arguments of the typical deetractor are not competent because they always are:
Generic enemy, Goomba with a hat
Not popular
Kirby is a small franchise
That's not Prince Fluff, Knuckle Joe, *insert another character with no importance or popularity in the ballot*
Waddle Dees are useless
Spears are lame, yeah, that's right, that's one of the things they say
Etc
Oh, you can? Cool. I actually do want to know if there's a Deetractor out there with an actually compelling or sensible argument. It'd be kind of interesting to hear. I mean, does Bandanna Dee even have any negative points?

Jiggly

Drop the mic, cause these fools sleeping on me
The FBI Surveillance Van outside your house.
NNID
Jiggly101

Oh, you can? Cool. I actually do want to know if there's a Deetractor out there with an actually compelling or sensible argument. It'd be kind of interesting to hear. I mean, does Bandanna Dee even have any negative points?
He doesn't bring enough hype for people to want to buy him and play him. If you aren't a kirby fan, he isn't all too recognizable, and probably isn't a smart choice from a developer stand point. It doesn't bring a new fanbase to the game, and isn't super popular.

That hurt to write, but those are the most competent arguments against the Dee.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain

Maybe that Bandana Dee was not relevant in Kirby Super Star, a.k.a. Sakurai bias can't hurt his chances.
And that he is pretty popular, but not extremely popular.

random rendum

Smash Journeyman
i meant rayman as in the guy ubisoft owns but i said manray as in from spongebob
didn't think it would anger people that much.
ubroughtituplol.
no YOU brought it up, I said possible competition and you said I said shantae was extremely likely, which I said she's not as popular as others like sonic or pacman, just STOP with tthis subject :grrr:

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
Lets be honest guys, Shantae doesnt have a good chance only because she's 3rd party. If she were 2nd or 1st party, I would humor the idea.
And because she is not iconic and is not requested in Japan at all, but whatever, this is not the Shantae thread.

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
Geno Boost, Grass, and IAmMetaKnight said no? Well, there goes my respect for those three.
Maybe that Bandana Dee was not relevant in Kirby Super Star, a.k.a. Sakurai bias can't hurt his chances.
And that he is pretty popular, but not extremely popular.
Well, if you want to be technical, he was relevant in Ultra, which is pretty much Super Star on super steroids and is considered the superior and definitive version.
As for "popular, but not extremely popular," the same could be said for Roy, Lucas, all the Fire Emblem characters, Shulk, and most of the newcomers. In fact, that could even be used as a PRO-Bandanna Dee argument, because the less popular ones are the ones Sakurai seems to lean to, and the ones that some fans ask for, such as Isaac, Rundas (formerly), Geno (yes, I'm going there), Lip, and so on.
He doesn't bring enough hype for people to want to buy him and play him. If you aren't a kirby fan, he isn't all too recognizable, and probably isn't a smart choice from a developer stand point. It doesn't bring a new fanbase to the game, and isn't super popular.

That hurt to write, but those are the most competent arguments against the Dee.
Once again, the same could be said for some of the characters in Smash right now, such as...pretty much every current DLC character. I will use Lucas as a fit for this template.
He doesn't bring enough hype for people to want to buy him and play him
To someone who either didn't care for Lucas in Brawl or didn't play Mother 3, literally nothing would compel them to buy Lucas.
If you aren't a kirby fan, he isn't all too recognizable, and probably isn't a smart choice from a developer stand point
Unless you played the Japanese-exclusive Mother 3, chances were you had no idea who Lucas was, and with his game still being unknown to many, choosing to bring him back over someone like Wolf is a choice that to this day people are still questioning. Myself included.
It doesn't bring a new fanbase to the game
I'll admit defeat here, because this was Lucas' sole purpose in Brawl.
and isn't super popular.
Lucas really isn't a superstar when compared to like, 86% of Smash Bros.' cast.

Jiggly

NNID
Jiggly101
Geno Boost, Grass, and IAmMetaKnight said no? Well, there goes my respect for those three.

Well, if you want to be technical, he was relevant in Ultra, which is pretty much Super Star on super steroids and is considered the superior and definitive version.
As for "popular, but not extremely popular," the same could be said for Roy, Lucas, all the Fire Emblem characters, Shulk, and most of the newcomers. In fact, that could even be used as a PRO-Bandanna Dee argument, because the less popular ones are the ones Sakurai seems to lean to, and the ones that some fans ask for, such as Isaac, Rundas (formerly), Geno (yes, I'm going there), Lip, and so on.

Once again, the same could be said for some of the characters in Smash right now, such as...pretty much every current DLC character. I will use Lucas as a fit for this template.

To someone who either didn't care for Lucas in Brawl or didn't play Mother 3, literally nothing would compel them to buy Lucas.

Unless you played the Japanese-exclusive Mother 3, chances were you had no idea who Lucas was, and with his game still being unknown to many, choosing to bring him back over someone like Wolf is a choice that to this day people are still questioning. Myself included.

I'll admit defeat here, because this was Lucas' sole purpose in Brawl.

Lucas really isn't a superstar when compared to like, 86% of Smash Bros.' cast.
Lucas was a huge fan favorite, and many people played the mother series because of smash, like I did. He is a veteran too, which is totally different. The mother fanbase is really big, and people want their old main back. It's a veteran, so it's hard to make that argument.

D

Deleted member

no YOU brought it up, I said possible competition and you said I said shantae was extremely likely, which I said she's not as popular as others like sonic or pacman, just STOP with tthis subject :grrr:
you brought it back to life. i said forget about it but nope guess that ain't happening. if we are to debate about shantae or something irrelevant it should be in a convo.

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
Lucas was a huge fan favorite, and many people played the mother series because of smash, like I did. He is a veteran too, which is totally different. The mother fanbase is really big, and people want their old main back. It's a veteran, so it's hard to make that argument.
That's what I said. As for the veteran part, that really doesn't matter. Did people beg for Pichu and Young Link to come back? People aren't crying particularly loud for the Ice Climbers (probably cause they enjoy not being chaingrabbed).

D

Deleted member

That's what I said. As for the veteran part, that really doesn't matter. Did people beg for Pichu and Young Link to come back? People aren't crying particularly loud for the Ice Climbers (probably cause they enjoy not being chaingrabbed).
I cry for :pichumelee: every night before bed

So who are our real competition based on fan service and first party status? All I can think of are Isaac, Wolf, and K. Rool, and I can honestly see 4 ballot characters if Wolf is one of them or one of Isaac/K. Rool being passed over due to relevance, even if Sakurai does want to please fans.

Jiggly

NNID
Jiggly101
Pichu has high votes in Japan, and people gave up on ICs because the Dev team did.

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
I cry for :pichumelee: every night before bed

So who are our real competition based on fan service and first party status? All I can think of are Isaac, Wolf, and K. Rool, and I can honestly see 4 ballot characters if Wolf is one of them or one of Isaac/K. Rool being passed over due to relevance, even if Sakurai does want to please fans.
Relevance has never played a part in Smash. If Nintendo wants money, they will make Sakurai make King K. Rool and Isaac, those two have the biggest fanbases and support in the ballot. It'd be a stupid decision not to make them.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
So everyone, I have an important announcement to make, I'm going to be gone for six weeks, it has to do with a combination of things including, moving, a summer camp, etc. I'm sorry, I really do want to stay here, but I have no choice, I hope you can all understand. My final words for the next six weeks are, it's not my fault really!!!

Last edited:

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
So everyone, I have an important announcement to make, I'm going to be gone for six weeks, it has to do with a combination of things including, moving, a summer camp, etc. I'm sorry, I really do want to stay here, but I have no choice, I hope you can all understand. My final words for the next six weeks are, it's not my fault really!!!
Not a big deal. Things happen. Good luck.

VeggieSteel

Smash Cadet
NNID
VeggieSteel
So, I'll be pretty disappointed if too many of the remaining character slots go to bringing back previous characters. I know people miss their old picks, but it seems like a wasted opportunity if they bring back Wolf, ICs, Pichu, Snake, Kid Link, etc., when there's so much unexplored potential for truly new fighters. Anybody else feel that way?

D

Deleted member

So, I'll be pretty disappointed if too many of the remaining character slots go to bringing back previous characters. I know people miss their old picks, but it seems like a wasted opportunity if they bring back Wolf, ICs, Pichu, Snake, Kid Link, etc., when there's so much unexplored potential for truly new fighters. Anybody else feel that way?
Yes, except that I think they should bring back Wolf and then add some more newcomers. With the ballot, we can get a crapton of characters... if we only just get veterans, then I would be disappointed.

I think that Wolf should be only remaining veteran brought back. Ice Climbers should be saved for next Smash, I personally don't care about Snake, Squirtle and Ivysaur, and I don't want them to bring Pichu or Young Link back, they seem unnecessary to me.

Top Bottom