• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Spear Master! (v(- ' ' -)>↑ ~ Dee wait is killing us...

Do you want Bandana Dee in SSB4?

• Total voters

Darktheumbreon

Smash Ace
NNID
darkkirby7
3DS FC
2921-9577-5424
Tbh, since there's only two spots for characters left (apparently), I hope that Wolf comes back and we get Waddle Dee as the ballot character (or maybe Tails.)

Last edited:

Burruni

Smash Hero
Tbh, since there's only two spots for characters left (apparently), I hope that Wolf come back and we get Waddle Dee as the ballot character (or maybe Tails.)
There are no "slots" or "spots" explicitly left.
That's all assumptions off of the 2 Mario slots that we first found back in April and Sakurai basically saying there are only going to be "Several" (which, while the word may be more loose in japanese, in english means more than 2) characters that are going to be made.

This is also the man who said :4mewtwo: was all the DLC we're getting and :4zss: was cut from the game.

Darktheumbreon

Smash Ace
NNID
darkkirby7
3DS FC
2921-9577-5424
There are no "slots" or "spots" explicitly left.
That's all assumptions off of the 2 Mario slots that we first found back in April and Sakurai basically saying there are only going to be "Several" (which, while the word may be more loose in japanese, in english means more than 2) characters that are going to be made.

This is also the man who said :4mewtwo: was all the DLC we're getting and :4zss: was cut from the game.
True, true. I think the ZSS thing was just a joke though. (obviously.)

Burruni

Smash Hero
True, true. I think the ZSS thing was just a joke though. (obviously.)
It was a joke.
But the fact is Sakurai is someone who has purposefully lied or changed his opinion in the name of servicing fans more.
To say we are ONLY going to get 2 more characters, I feel, is limited.
:wolf: + 3-5 Ballot choices.
That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Darktheumbreon

Smash Ace
NNID
darkkirby7
3DS FC
2921-9577-5424
It was a joke.
But the fact is Sakurai is someone who has purposefully lied or changed his opinion in the name of servicing fans more.
To say we are ONLY going to get 2 more characters, I feel, is limited.
:wolf: + 3-5 Ballot choices.
That's my story and I'm sticking to it.
I completely agree with you there.

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
I have 22-25 alerts. 18 of are those are "Chalo5000 liked your post." We need to find that man a hobby.

Chalo5000

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0104-1645-4836
I have 22-25 alerts. 18 of are those are "Chalo5000 liked your post." We need to find that man a hobby.
I was busy doing other stuff
I just came back and started reading and liking all the posts that I missed
It took me like 3 minutes :drifloon:
Also, Geno and Hitler...
? :drshrug:?

Last edited:

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
I was busy doing other stuff
I just came back and started reading and liking all the posts that I missed
It took me like 3 minutes :drifloon:
Also, Geno and Hitler...
? :drshrug:
Long, complicated story. To put it one sentence, Hitler has a bitchin stache, Geno is property of AlphaDream.

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
people who did the data dump said there are 27 extra slots now. Apparantly the team just wanted to be safe and threw a bunch of stuff in there. "That should work"
Is there a citation for this, please, or is it just a joke that's going over my head? :laugh:

random rendum

Smash Journeyman
so, geno and hitler?! why are people talking about it?, so... no more slots bs hopefully

as for other characters...

K. Rool
Dixie maybe
Isaac
Wolf
Paper Mario or Captain Toad, im fine with either
Inkling
Impa Maybe

so not a lot of 1st party competition, honestly I dont think we need any more 3rd parties, none are as iconic as the ones we have. honestly Microsoft would have to do something for Nintendo for Banjo and Kazooie to be in smash (minecraft for wiiu and 3ds? no? ok... :crying:)
Ubisoft hasn't been useful to Nintendo, actually not a lot of 3rd parties have, but shantae and shovel knight aren't iconic enough shovel knight has no Japanese support an shantae isnt as popular as the others

D

Deleted member

so, geno and hitler?! why are people talking about it?, so... no more slots bs hopefully

as for other characters...

K. Rool
Dixie maybe
Isaac
Wolf
Paper Mario or Captain Toad, im fine with either
Inkling
Impa Maybe

so not a lot of 1st party competition, honestly I dont think we need any more 3rd parties, none are as iconic as the ones we have. honestly Microsoft would have to do something for Nintendo for Banjo and Kazooie to be in smash (minecraft for wiiu and 3ds? no? ok... :crying:)
Ubisoft hasn't been useful to Nintendo, actually not a lot of 3rd parties have, but shantae and shovel knight aren't iconic enough shovel knight has no Japanese support an shantae isnt as popular as the others
the way you say it shantae is the only one who has a chance but i think Manray is likely not that i care for him but the trophies are something we need to think about.

Last edited by a moderator:

Burruni

Smash Hero
source????
DID YOU NOT SEE THE LIKE 4 TIMES LATER IN THAT CONVERSATION WHEN I SAID THAT I WASN'T THE FIRST ONE TO SAY IT ON THE PAGE OF THAT POST SO STOP PRESSURING ME FOR THE SOURCE WHEN I WAS JUST REPEATING WHAT SOMEONE ELSE SAID ON THIS THREAD
OR ARE YOU JUST STRETCHING OUT THE RUNNING JOKE XD

*logs in to Smashboards*
*sees 16 alerts*
10 first alerts:
- 4x Flying Skitty liked your post in Bandana Dee thread
- 2x random rendum liked your post in Bandana Dee thread
- 4x Chalo5000 liked your post in Bandana Dee thread

Lol.

Why did NOA delay YWW for October?! WHY?!
I'm one of the lucky ones to get it this month. However, we're not getting Pokemon Super Mystery Dungeon until Spring 2016. :(

StormC

Smash Hero
Hey folks, just passing through. Had a question for you waddlers: would he have a voice in Smash?

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
DID YOU NOT SEE THE LIKE 4 TIMES LATER IN THAT CONVERSATION WHEN I SAID THAT I WASN'T THE FIRST ONE TO SAY IT ON THE PAGE OF THAT POST SO STOP PRESSURING ME FOR THE SOURCE WHEN I WAS JUST REPEATING WHAT SOMEONE ELSE SAID ON THIS THREAD
OR ARE YOU JUST STRETCHING OUT THE RUNNING JOKE XD
To clarify on this, it was an interview with AlphaDream's head. The interviewer asked about Geno and Mallow, and he replied that they were (exact words) "inspired by" Geno and Mallow.

Is there a citation for this, please, or is it just a joke that's going over my head? :laugh:
It's not an impossibility. Brawl's Character Select Screen can hold up to 50 icons, although the final (or even the planned) roster is nowhere near that number.

:231:

D

Deleted member

It's not an impossibility. Brawl's Character Select Screen can hold up to 50 icons, although the final (or even the planned) roster is nowhere near that number.
WAIT! What's this about 27 extra slots??? I'm having a hard time believing this.
well with brawl EX hacks people can add over 50+ and with transformations 100.
the only reason there are less in brawl is because time and sonic. but the wii u can probably do over 100 without subspace and transformers.

problem is though it takes time and there are not that many characters in the nintendo franchise so with sakurai saying that he can't keep his team much longer i would say less then 8.
The best I can give is this little "squeak" he gives at the end of the level at the dance

sounds kinda like nabbit.

Last edited by a moderator:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
well with brawl EX hacks people can add over 50+ and with transformations 100.
the only reason there are less in brawl is because time and sonic. but the wii u can probably do over 100 without subspace and transformers.
I know about BrawlEX, but that's an (awesome) fan-made extension, which was not programmed by the developers. The 27 extra slots (if they are real) are similar - reserved by the programmers just in case.

Last edited:

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
The 27 extra slots (if they are real) are similar - reserved by the programmers just in case.

And probably to scupper future data-mining, too. ;)

While I'm here, I just want to report that I've made my Bandana Waddle Dee Miiverse tour for the day. There was only one post this time, but it was a big one - I had a couple of free hours and decided to cook up something in Art Academy SketchPad on the Wii U;

It's garnered seven "Yeah!"s in the hour that it's been up, which is what some of my other BWD support postings have topped out at after greater spans of time.

Top Bottom