• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Spear Master! (v(- ' ' -)>↑ ~ Dee wait is killing us...

Do you want Bandana Dee in SSB4?

• Total voters

wizardto1

Smash Lord
NNID
waddledee3
3DS FC
1676-4166-2291
Ok... Finally... I done it....

Here is my offical moveset for Bandana Dee!!!
Bandana Dee Waddles To Battle!!!

Weight: Slightly heavier than Kirby. Same as Rosalina’s.

Walk and Run Speed: Same as Kirby.

Air Speed: Same as Ike’s.

Jumps: Jump is same as Kirby. has 4 double jumps. Floaty.

Properties: Bandana Dee relies on his trusty spear to do damage. Has poor ground options but has some good air approaches. His spear attacks has a tipper hitbox like Marth’s but the tipper is much more noticeable and bigger though there is not much of a drastic increase of damage and knockback as of Marth.

Standard Attacks

Note: If an attack has a tipper, the damage would be highlighted in bold while the non- tipper damage or damage with a hitbox that has no tipper are not highlighted.

Jab: Does the jab combo from the spear ability. Thrusts his spear, does a frenzy of spear thrusts, then a more powerful spear thrust. 3%, 1% each hit, then 5% 4%,2% each hit, 6%

Forward Tilt: Swings spear outward. 5% 7%.

Up Tilt: Holds spear and thrusts it upward. 7%, 9%

Down Tilt: Does the slide attack from the Kirby games. Hitbox lasts through the whole slide. Bounces backward if he hits something but if you hit during the last few frames, BD will not bounce backwards. 5% 3% when hit during the last few frames.

Dash Attack: Jumps and fall on his face. Surprisingly powerful, KOing at 160% and the attack can go off the ledge as a surprise edge guard attack.

Smash Attacks

Forward Smash: Steps back and does a powerful thrust. 13% 16% KOs around 100% when tipped. Otherwise it KOs at 130%.

Up Smash: Swings spear in an arc in a similar fashion of Ike’s up smash 14% 17%. KOs around 125% when tipped. Otherwise it KOs at 140%.

Down Smash: Thrusts spear back and front. 9%, 11%. KOs at 150% when tipped. Otherwise Kos at 180%. What it lacks in damage and knockback, it makes up with its sheer speed.

Aerial Attacks

Neutral Aerial: Swings spear slowly in a circle. Main use is to get opponents off your back. 4% 6%

Forward Aerial: Thrusts spear forward. Good spacing tool and KOs at 170% when tipped. 7% 10%

Back Aerial: Does a back kick like Kirby. 9%

Up Aerial: Opens a parasol. If hold the button, he will float gently downwards. The parasol also has a hitbox during it, doing 1%. The main attacks does 3% damage. Has a tipper in the star that does 4% and 2% respectively. Its speed allows it for juggles.

Down Aerial: Holds spear below him and spins. Has a total of 8 hits with the final hit being a meteor smash if tipped. Does 1% each hit with the final one doing 5% or 7% if tipped.

Grab

Range: Same as Kirby’s

Pummel: Hits opponent with hand. Very fast. 1%

Forward Throw: Carries opponent and throws them at a semi spike angle making it good for tech-chases. 7%

Back Throw: Laids on his back and throws the opponent backwards. Has good base knockback and can KO around 200% 6%.

Up Throw: Does the Circus Throw with his parasol. BD’s strongest throw that can KO around 130%-160%, dependent on rage and DI. 9%

Down Throw: Throw the opponent downward like his king, Dedede. Its low knockback allows for follow ups and combos. 8%

Other:

Getup Attack: Swing spear back and forth. 6% 7%

Ledge Attack: Gets up and thrussts spear on the floor 5% 8%

Specials

Neutral Special: Spear Throw

Based on the same attack of the spear ability. Chucks a spear forward. Like the ability, you can charge it to throw up to 3 spears and walk during the charging. He can do it much faster in the air. Does 5% each spear. 7% each spear tipped.

Custom Special 1: Flaming Spear Throw

The spear he throws is ON FIRE!! The spear is more powerful and can pierce through projectiles. However you cannot charge it to throw 3 spears and has some startup lag. 10% 13%

Custom Special 2: Flying Spear Throw

BD can throw 2 spears by default. Charged,he can throw up to 5 spears! However the spear are weaker and has a slower falling speed, in addition to being floaty. 2% 3%

Side Special: Parasol Swing

Gets a parasol and lashes it forward. Hold the button and BD will continue holding it. The parasol both acts like a shield with a hitbox and a reflector that cause projectiles to do 1.3x damage The initial hitbox does 5% with a windbox outside the hitbox. The parasol after that does 1% The parasol has a tipper in the the star that does 6% and 2% respectively.

Custom Special 1: Parasol Drill

Dashes forward with the parasol. Can not be held but still has reflecting properties and can be used for horizontal recovery. Has 7 hits. 1% each hit with the final hit doing 6%.

Custom Special 2: Parasol Dive

In the air, BD does a stall and fall with his parasol as the same way the move of the original name does that hits multiple times. On the ground or landing ground, the parasol will bounce off a little and continue the attack like the original move will do. 1% each hit and there are 9 hits.

Up Special: Spearcopter

This is pretty obvious. BD holds the spear above him and spins it like a helicopter to gain height. Like the original move, you can charge it for a longer duration. A fully charged Spearcopter can take him around the whole Final Destination. The spear has a multi-hitting hitbox which does 9-20 hits depending on the charge with each hit doing 1% 2% if tipped though it sends the opponent away from you so they won’t get hit by the other hits.

Custom Special 1: Spear Tornado

This is no hitbox, just a windbox surrounding BD. You cannot charge it either though the distance is bigger than an uncharged Spearcopter. It is also much faster.

Custom Special 2: Spear Storm

The spear is much more powerful, doing 3% each hit with an added final hit that does 5% with good knockback. When tipped it does 4% though again it sends the opponent away but if tipped on the final hit, it does 6% and has powerful knockback, KOing at 100% horizontally. However, the distance you go is lower than uncharged Spearcopter, while charging it just takes him the distance of an uncharged Spearcopter. There are 5-9 hits depending on the charge.

Down Special: Megaton Punch

A combination of Charge Shot and Bowser Bomb. Pressing the button causes BD to gather energy in his hand. Like Charge Shot, it can be stored and you can save your charge. Pressing the button again, causes BD to do a rising uppercut and slam his fist to the ground like Bowser Bomb. On the air, he will just do the the slam. A fully charged slam will KO as low as 60%. An uncharged slam KOS at 150%. Uncharged, the uppercut does 6% while the slam does 7%. Fully charged, the uppercut does 13% while the slam does 15%.

Custom Special 1: Megaton Uppercut

No slam, just the uppercut. The uppercut is now multiple hitting and more powerful but no charging. It’s fast and powerful, and makes a good OOS option. Can be used as a recovery option but it is not recommended due to high ending lag. Does a total of 11% with 6 hits, 1% each hit, with the final hit doing 6%.

Custom Special 2: Megaton Slam

No uppercut, just the slam. The slam is even more powerful, KOing at 40% fully charged but it has a longer charging time. On the ground, instead of doing the uppercut in the air to do the slam, BD will just slam the ground, which releases a shockwave that can KO at 130%. Harder to hit due to more startup lag. The punch does 10%-20% depending on charge. Shockwave does 8%.

More Stuff

Idle Animations

Adjusts his bandana.

Sits down, then gets up.

Taunts:

Turns toward the camera, stand on one foot, and salutes.

Spins and jumps, which causes his bandana to drop so he adjusts it.

Gets alert and goes into an attacking stance with his spear.

Victory Animations:

All variations of the Kirby dance

Alternate Colors:

Bandana-less Dee

Sailor Dee

The 3 colors from Rainbow Curse

A King Dedede Alt.

A Meta Knight Alt.

Final Smash: Landia

While I personally prefer the Waddle Dee Tank, this is honestly the more logical and better final smash. Bandana Dee summons a Landia and rides its back. How he can use it is similar to how he used in Another Dimension. Pressing the special button cause Landia to shoot fireballs and hold it to shoot more powerful ones. Contract with Landia causes 10%. Fireballs do 3% to 20% depending on charge. Lasts 13 seconds.

And Yes, this was EXTREMELY necessary :drflip:
My sides.:joyful:
I got New Leaf in June 2013. Good times. I played with my friends, built up my town, made patterns of my favorite PMD Portraits, placed paths, got a crown from some Japanese girl on the island, took on the title of "King Mayor the 3rd", put a dumb villager in pitfalls, got rich, did chores, expanded and decked out my house, got all the best tools, planted flowers and perfect cherries, did town projects, got the beautiful town ordinance, and played for 7-8 hours a day for almost 2 weeks straight…

I'm scared to go back to that game. I put over 250 hours into it in just a few months, over half the amount that my most played game managed to garner in the span of 4 years. I literally couldn't put the game down. Animal Crossing took over my life, possessing me. I only stopped playing New Leaf because I was afraid of it. I don't think I've ever stopped playing a game because it was too good. I'm shivering just thinking about it. I stopped, with regret, in October 2013. I haven't picked up the game since, and thats when I started to lurk here. The Dee is the one true cure for Animal Cancer, your one true hope. Don't go back. Never go back.
My New Leaf cartridge broke. I was so scared on what happened to the villagers :cry:....

So I bought a new one ( at least one villager from my old town was there at least.) :grin:

Needless to say, it has taken over my life.:b:

kirby_queen

Smash Lord
What about Daroach? and also the reason I suggested Drawcia because like R.O.B. and game and watch they can think of good moveset for her (plus borrowing some moveset from her sister paintra like lucas and ness borrowing moveset from paula,duster,poo and kumatora)
and I mean it in the next smash bros game or future not in smash 4 just wanted to clear that up.
This is a big mistake amongst fans of ALL games. The idea that what gets a character chosen is how "interesting" (subjective) their movesets could be.Yet this is a fraction of the decision. I'm sure MANY MANY characters could all have interesting movesets but I don't think movesets are what get a character in. They also have to have some level of importance.

Think about every other character on the roster. You have your mega icons like Mario, Sonic, Mega-man, Pac-man, etc. You have the main characters of their franchises.Than you have characters that straight up represent their recent and growing IPs like Olimar, Shulk, Village. You have your major iconic villains that reoccur in a franchise like Ganon and Bowser, Than you also have characters who represent a major new change in a franchise such as Robin (the revival of FE franchise) Rosalina (the start of some of the most critically acclaimed Mario games of recent decade), Palutena (A characer who has been fleshed out and given quite a personality since her NES days, representative of the recent KI revival, KI:Uprising), Also there's retro gaming icons like Ice Climbers, Game & Watch, Duck Hunt Dog, etc

Where exactly do some of these characters that people want fit in within all the criteria? Drawcia is a villain once. Daroach is in two games but I wouldn't call him major in the Kirby franchise.

I think a lot of characters could all have potentially interesting movesets. I think Ado/Paint Roller, Prince Fluff, Daroach, Drawcia, Marx, Knuckle Joe, etc etc etc Could all be interesting fighters. I don't think that's my issue here. The smash team made a moveset for freaking Wii Fit Trainer. I'm sure they could work with almost any idea...

BUT I just don't think that moveset potential alone is what cuts it. I don't realistically think a bulk of characters people want will ever happen. From the Kirby franchise and from others that people have suggested. I'm just being realistic...

Also I like that Smash is about the creme de la creme. I love all sorts of characters but smash is like the epic battle of every century, a clash of titans. So lots of infrequent side characters, one time bosses, and more regular/less defined enemies won't make it outside of maybe as an assist trophies.

Last edited:

BandanaWaddleDee

Smash Lord
NNID
bdon25
3DS FC
1633-4187-3079
Switch FC
2967-5142-5603
Where in the video?

Edit: Glad they agree about Toad. I haven't listened to the part where they hate on Bandana Dee, but if they're for Captain Toad, they shouldn't have a problem with Dee. That's strange.
I'm not really sure. It's after they talk about Zelda, I think.
Ew the guy from the Bit Block. I hate Josh. I won't even listen to the rest of that. I consider it unimportant.
Say what? Why? Josh is awesome. He has such unpopular opinions and I love it.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Don't worry guy's I made a link in the comments section to our smash threads why are lovely dee deserves to be in smash 4 and I'll be doing that in future smash related video for are lord and savoir Bandana dee!!!

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
"I don't get it"
"I have no clue where are you going with that"
"Such a Random character"
What bothers me the most is how he said the "Such a Random character", he sounded like a complete idiot :grrr:
The worst part is that before that they were discussing about Mallow, Geno and Darunia.

Enderman1021

Smash Ace
NNID
Enderman1021
The worst part is that before that they were discussing about Mallow, Geno and Darunia.
I honestly don't see the charm in the mario RPG characters

the game itself was meh.

the characters were easily forgettable, I didn't even remember who Mallow was until a week ago.

they were in ONE GAME, thats even more obscure than Marx

D

Deleted member

Very off topic but I was just on For Glory Teams with my brother (he was :4falcon:, I was :4shulk:), and he got Dthrow->Knee on a Dedede, did an aerial reverse Falcon Punch to punish Dedede for Up B-ing on stage (best punish on spammers, btw), and I followed up with an Aerial Back Slash to kill him lmao.

Ow, DEE hate. :glare:
Why should we care? Its just an idiot on the internet who pretends to be an expert on a topic they've never touched before to express their biased and unfounded opinion of "IDK who he is so he sucks". Lowly troll move by the maker of the video, and I see this kind of stuff on channels like GameXplain: (From an "analysis" :rolleyes: video) "We don't know whats happening, but… [random stuff made up to hype people for the video/make the channel seem professional".

D

Deleted member

I know this is unrelated but is anyone hear hoping that Kirby get's a HUGE buff in the next upcoming patch

This kawii little badass deserves it.

Troykv

Smash Master
Very off topic but I was just on For Glory Teams with my brother (he was :4falcon:, I was :4shulk:), and he got Dthrow->Knee on a Dedede, did an aerial reverse Falcon Punch to punish Dedede for Up B-ing on stage (best punish on spammers, btw), and I followed up with an Aerial Back Slash to kill him lmao.

Why should we care? Its just an idiot on the internet who pretends to be an expert on a topic they've never touched before to express their biased and unfounded opinion of "IDK who he is so he sucks". Lowly troll move by the maker of the video, and I see this kind of stuff on channels like GameXplain: (From an "analysis" :rolleyes: video) "We don't know whats happening, but… [random stuff made up to hype people for the video/make the channel seem professional".
They don't give a **** about Fire Emblem... With that I know that he is only a guy with internet like everyone here.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain

The music from other games in Mario Kart style is so good.

I would LOVE if they include a Kirby pack for Mario Kart 8 *cough Rosalina Smash Trailer cough*.

Last edited:

BandanaWaddleDee

Smash Lord
NNID
bdon25
3DS FC
1633-4187-3079
Switch FC
2967-5142-5603

The music from other games in Mario Kart style is so good.

I would LOVE if they include a Kirby pack for Mario Kart 8 *cough Rosalina Smash Trailer cough*.
Big Blue! Cheese Land! That Woods track! Ribbon Road! Baby Park! The Subway! The music!
My reaction is too inappropriate to type.

SRUFUS3D

Smash Journeyman
I wouldn't listen to them the main guy is DESPERATELY BEGGING for

SCHUVEAL NoITE!!!! :glare:

SRUFUS3D

Smash Journeyman
I know this is unrelated but is anyone hear hoping that Kirby get's a HUGE buff in the next upcoming patch

This kawii little badass deserves it.

110% agree with you.
Man, Kirby was GREAT back in the E3 invitational tournament, why did they nerf him so much?! Almost Lagless B-air, Up- throw kill move, down- throw did 10-11% instead of the 6% it does now, which I wouldn't have minded if it had combo potential. Every thing was faster and stronger about him from there! Why? Why? Nerf Kirby and Buff the characters that don't need Buffing. It feels it doesn't matter to the balancing team or Sakurai since all scrubbs do is Down- B, Side- B and Up- B with Kirby. sigh I hope then buff him when they get the chance of re-balancing...

LimitCrown

Smash Ace
NNID
LimitCrown
3DS FC
0903-2850-8324
Yeah, I'm still waiting for the download code for Mewtwo.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
Diddy and Sheik super nerfed confirmed.
Hey! Kirby's Down Throw does 10% now! :awesome:
And I think Inhale is faster!

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

anymore buff on kirby? I want to know more! :D

Last edited by a moderator:

SRUFUS3D

Smash Journeyman
hhmmm I am pretty sure Kirby runs slower in the version. I mean noticably slower, slower than Brawl OK that's an exaggeration. Anyone else?

Last edited:

GhostlyLure

Smash Lord
NNID
GhostlyLureioi
Tried Mew2 Im ok...As for Kirby his speed is BAD as a Kirby main ik waz up also Up+b is mainly good for spacing.Also META KNIGHT BUFF GREAT HOLY GEEBUS O LUBAA I CAN USE HIM!!!

Last edited:
Top Bottom